Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Save your money and buy an inversion table. I hang upside down several 3x a week. Relieves most of my back pain.

You ever tried drinking a beer on one??

BP-B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Didn't help me. Inversion table didn't either, couldn't stand hanging upside down. Had several surgery's, since then walking has helped the most.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
My wife went to one 35 yrs. ago...he fixed her up quickly. I think she saw him 3-4 times. Has not needed to go back.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Example of one, but absolutely. Used to get a kink in my neck and upper back that would make it almost impossible to turn my head, very inconvenient and painful. Doctors gave me pills, and eventually it would go away, and return periodically. Dr. Custer worked his magic on me and I felt better after the first visit. One or two more and it was gone for years. Get occasional, mild incidents now, but nothing like before, and it’s probably been twenty years since he treated me. Can’t speak to other practitioners, but that guy knew his stuff.

They don’t repair damage, and a good one will send you to a physician for things out of their bailiwick, but if your trouble is caused by something out of place in your spinal column, they can put it back in place.

What fresh Hell is this?
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Yes I have.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
The chiropractor I see healed my plantar fasciitis after wasting months getting shots in my foot and the podiatrist telling me I need surgery. Extremely pleased with that.

For the most part my chiropractor works on muscles and stretches me. I also follow his instructions for stretching at home.

I have had lower back/hip issues, while not 100% cured I am much better and see him maybe once every month or two. Far better than my former orthopedic doctor injecting medicine in my hip every six months.

Losing weight, eating better, stretching, and with help from chiropractor at almost 60 I feel better than I have in 10 years.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
There are good chiropractors, and there are bad chiropractors.

I have been seeing a chiropractor, off and on for 15 years and he is a miracle worker! He has worked on my ankle and my back with outstanding results. No surgery and no drugs.

Y'all who hate chiropractors are ignorant. Ignorant of the fact that there are good MDs, and there are bad MDs.
The primary role of an MD is to put your money in to their checking account.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Yes and he put my spine and hip back into place. I only went when I thought it was needed. He even opened on a Saturday afternoon to make a correction.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Yes,
Twice.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I could hardly walk The 1st time I went . The next day after I was really sore, the next day I felt better, the 3rd day He mostly had me back in order and I felt so much better for several months. If your joints are out of wack, they can be very helpfull.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
IC B3

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Imagine what a faith healing preacher chiropractor could do.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
There are good ones and bad ones. And it depends on your particular problem. I have been to them many times over the years. Best case was when I practically crawled in to the office and walked out normally.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I don’t doubt that they could help someone that put their back out of alignment but the chiropractor’s that I’m talked with were firmly in the quack zone. They both claimed to be able to fix all sorts of medical issues that had nothing to do with the spine.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Went for a while years ago for a back injury, tried a few, some were useless but the good ones did make a difference.

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
I did get relief from chronic migraines from a car accident when I was 18. Other than that, not much.

Did have a chiro who does “Muscle Activation Therapy”. Now that worked.

Put my back out on my motorcycle and tried regular chiro and massage for 6 weeks. So sore I couldn’t walk around the block. Went to see her and after one treatment I went to a bike rally the next day and walked around for 3 hours, pain-free.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've seen chiropractors help people many times. Some more than others, just depends on the nature of the problem.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Very little treatment by chiros during my life, but the few visits were rewarding in that the doc got me straightened out quickly or flat told me that the problem needed to be dealt with by an MD. Never tried to put me on the "come back" schedule.

Otherwise, I know many, many chiropractors, some of them top folks in the profession. I can assure you that you need to choose the right ones - who were trained at schools that apply modern knowledge - and avoid most of those of who preach a "philosophy" and claim to cure all. Some of those I know well seem to have a much more comprehensive, effective and useful knowledge of the human body and its functions/problems than do most MDs.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Right arm was numb, including two little fingers.

Chiro Dr. spent five minutes looking at me and said: "You have a herniated disc at C5-C6."

WTF????!!!! He scared the HELL out of me. Four months later, many $1000 at Idaho Spine Institute. X-rays and MRI. I have a herniated disc at C5- C6.

It took serious PT for four months to get the muscles relaxed and the inflammation reduced enough to live with the damaged disc. So far, I have put off surgery for four years.

Twice since that time, when the neck starts getting tensed up, and before the arm goes numb, the Chiropractor can nip it in the bud and get it relaxed. He also climbed upon my back and crushed a place between my shoulder blades which had been periodically pitching serious fits ever since I went over the handle bars of a 76 Honda XL 350 on a motocross course thirty five years earlier.

So yes, he healed the place between my shoulder blades, and he successfully treats my neck. The neck will not be healed until the vertebrae are surgically fused. I would like to put that off a while longer.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Im walking today because of em! Had one that lined up my ankles knees and hips an that got me straight for a long time till stupid over ruled an got outta whack. Popped an SI joint outta plumb an had to go to one gor 4-5 weeks to get it to stay.. used to have cluster headaches for 2 full years without relief , morning noon an night an my chiro worked my neck back into place,, no headaches going on 4yrs now

I AM AMERICA!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was very skeptical at first.
Sprained my lower back I was in a pretty bad way.
Went to a chiropractor who is highly recommended.
Took a couple visits but the guy got me fixed up PDQ.
He got me to stretch out type of exercise type of thing
If I kept up with it . I had no issues..
I kept going back anyway of adjustments.
Some of the best money I've spent.
dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
634 members (007FJ, 257Bob, 01Foreman400, 222ND, 160user, 1234, 69 invisible), 2,831 guests, and 1,421 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,655
Posts18,399,259
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.