Print Thread
Hop To
E
EdM Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I headed to my local range/gun store to shoot a few recently acquired rimfire handguns and while signing in I asked to look at a Girsan long slide 10mm 1911 they had in the case. Kyle handed it to me and while I fiddled with it he went behind the closed doors and came out with another box. This being a Girsan P35 Match, their version of a custom Browning Hi-Power. I have been awaiting one of the SA reintroductions but have only found one here for $1K. My thoughts of the perfect P35 were the customs of Bill Laughridge or Wayne Novak, both high quality and priced so. I spent a fair bit of time handling the Girsan and decided to buy it. The following day day I put 100 115 gr Win white box through it. All shot and cycled well. The trigger sucks at 7 1/2# but I can sort that. Accuracy was as good as I can see at the 25 yards I was shooting. Bottom line, with some bench work to sort the trigger it appears to be a great piece.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Conduct is the best proof of character.
GB1

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
That trigger is a lot different than any traditional trigger I’ve seen. Very interesting.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
It's no trick to remove the magazine safety (if it has one), just tap out that pin behind the blade of the trigger, and then wiggle out that pesky thing. It does nothing but add weight to the trigger pull and make it rougher to get where it rubs on the magazine. You might have to take the trigger out of the pistol to get that thing to wiggle out, but once you do, the trigger will be smoother and better. You probably already know all that, but it's not really a big deal to do it.

With that beavertail, it surely won't bite you with the hammer. It looks like it ought to be a really nice pistol. I wish I could find one around here to look at, but no one is carrying them in this area.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
E
EdM Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
The Match version such as mine does not have the magazine safety, the base model doe though.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I THINK someone used to offer a reduced power trigger spring for the HP, you might nose around and see if C&S has something like that available. If not, a strategic bend to that spring might lighten the pull enough to matter. I shot a couple or three HPs into rattling wrecks over the years, but never needed something like that. I probably got lucky, though. HPs are awfully fun pistols to shoot, and shoot a LOT.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Are the Girsan Hi-Powers made in Turkey like the Tisa’s ???

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
^^^^^^^^^ That's what it says on the frame in the picture...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
^^^^^^^^^ That's what it says on the frame in the picture...

That’s what I thought. Is it made in the same plant as the Tisa 1911’s ??? If so, some damn good CNC work and slide to frame fit on my 1911 A-1

No machining marks whatsoever.

I’ve seen the standard grade Hi-Powers for around $500 online. Have yet to see one in my LGS to check out.
Looks like Ed’s is a decent shooter with the cheap ammo.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 11/06/22.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by viking
That trigger is a lot different than any traditional trigger I’ve seen. Very interesting.

Yep. Wonder if a Browning Trigger would fit it ?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1337Fungi, 1234, 11point, 63 invisible), 3,022 guests, and 1,173 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,340
Posts18,468,711
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.