-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Growing up I use to watch the "The Red Fisher Show" with B. H. "Red" Fisher every weekend and enjoyed "The Come Back Cabin".

But I have to say that "Going Fishing" with Darryl Choronzey for the variety of fishing adventures and his cooking segment was my favorite, really upset when he retired! I contacted him and he even got me a Wisconsin Fish Boil Pot. Heck of a guy and I hope he is doing well!

Cheers ~ Darren

Last edited by KillerBee; 11/07/22.

KB

GB1

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Couple Canadian gals had a show called Fishing with shelly and Courtney.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by paguy
Couple Canadian gals had a show called Fishing with shelly and Courtney.

That was a good show! Hasn't been on for a few years though.

Sport Fishing On The Fly is worth watching these days.
Jeff

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I used to weigh fish at the Nipigon Fall Fishing Festival—for many years that was the biggest community get together (even had a parade)-met ‘Red Fisher’ many times. Never saw him draw a sober breath—but us Legonaires had no problem with that—he bought his share of rounds.

It’s hard to make judgements about a person when all you know of them is what you see on TV. I’ve met many of them but I don’t want to disparage anyones reputation. I will say this—John Kerr of Ontario Out-of-Doors magazine was a truly nice man may he rest in piece.

Walter Mondale was also very nice to me and though he wasn’t known for it he was a pretty good walleye fisherman.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Not real famous but writes for ontario out of doors, Steve Galea. Last page humor!!! Spent 3 days with him & Tom Goldsmith (also a writer, & ilistrationist) hunting birds in northern Ontario, twice. Talk about funny, my gut muscles were so sore from laughing the first time I hesitated going the second time. Look on the back page of ontario out of doors & Tom Goldsmith has an illistration of Steve Galea. Looks exactly like him in real life!!!!!!! He often writes about his hunting cronies, Little Bob, & pals of which names elude me right now, Hilarious !!!!!!! Has a couple of books out also. I was coming out of the local gun emporium & met Steve & his cronies coming in. You could pick out each of his characters easy. I said hi & all & had to go (because I was going to bust out laughing). There they were larger than life, Little Bob & all the rest of the gang. Great guys Steve & Tom hope to hang with them again sometime, if my stomach muscles will take it!!!! GWP. 🐾👣🐾👣🇨🇦

IC B2

E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
What ever happened to Italo and Henry?

My heart's in the mountains, my heart is not here.
My heart's in the mountains, chasing the deer.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by eaglemountainman
What ever happened to Italo and Henry?

I know that they terminated their show and Henry moved to Florida and had a fishing show there. Italo started his own show out of Toronto and it sucked IMO.

Charlie Wray had a good show called Fishful Thinking

KB

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Like troutfly mentioned, I like Sport Fishing on the Fly, I've watched it for a number of years now.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Killer',

I personally know a number of outfitters that have had the "Chronz" do segments out of their fly in resorts.

Unsober, is their combined experience !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Every Great Fisherman I know and ever knew was/is a dedicated Alcoholic! lol

Last edited by KillerBee; 11/09/22.

KB

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

705 members (12344mag, 1234, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 160user, 77 invisible), 3,068 guests, and 1,262 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,267
Posts18,467,242
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.