-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Beauty bull beretzs, great shooting too, congratulations!

KB

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by xphunter
I don't have pictures of everything.
My 700ish yard mule deer, I can't find the picture.
Plus, I have another mule deer I can't find the pic of with my 6.5-284 rear grip that was over 600...Thinking around 640 (140 A-Max).
I guess I should keep a log with exact dates and distance
These are both just a bit over 600. First one was like 605ish and the other was around 613, both with my 6.5 Leopard (130 Berger.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Farthest antelope buck 1036 or 1037 (162 A-Max). I would need to go back and look at the actual number
7WSM

My son's furthest kill with my 7mm SAUM was 749 yards (162 A-Max).

Dan E. using my 6.5-284 with 140 AB's, cow elk at 680 yards

666 yard cow with one of my 7mm Dakota's (200 Wildcat)

Multiple prairie dogs past a grand, and three past 1500 yards

xphunter - how are you setting up scopes on those? Are standard eye relief or extended eye relief scopes? I can't imagine shooting any of my single shot pistols with a standard eye relief scope, but you're MUCH deeper into the game than I am. Are the muzzle brakes taking enough recoil off to make standard eye relief workable?

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
- my 3-year old daughter smile
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Using rifle scopes
Excellent Muzzle Brakes: Holland Radial Baffle brakes

Ernie "The Un-Tactical"

[Linked Image]
http://sebrests-usa.com/
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Above was a 280 AI

This is a 6XC

Ernie "The Un-Tactical"

[Linked Image]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
26 Nosler

Ernie "The Un-Tactical"

[Linked Image]
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wow. Just wow. Thanks for sharing those videos. I had no idea a brake could be that effective, even on something like the 26 Nosler. I assume those are screw-on brakes from Holland? This is now severely intriguing me. I do quite well with 2-7x and 2.5-8x handgun scopes for hunting, but they wouldn't cut it for stuff over 400 yards.

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Now I want one for each of my Encore barrels and on my XP-100 in .350 Rem Mag...being able to use rifle scopes would be a game changer.

Selmer

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Using rifle scopes

Can't stand people talking when I am shooting, drives me NUTZ, but that's just me.

It's like someone giving you instructions when you are having sex mad

Last edited by KillerBee; 11/29/22.

KB

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by selmer
Wow. Just wow. Thanks for sharing those videos. I had no idea a brake could be that effective, even on something like the 26 Nosler. I assume those are screw-on brakes from Holland? This is now severely intriguing me. I do quite well with 2-7x and 2.5-8x handgun scopes for hunting, but they wouldn't cut it for stuff over 400 yards.

Yes, the brakes have to be timed by a smith.
My videos are far from professional.
Check more out if you are interested.
PM if you want to visit by phone

Ernie "The Un-Tactical"

[Linked Image]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by KillerBee
Using rifle scopes

Can't stand people talking when I am shooting, drives me NUTZ, but that's just me.

It's like someone giving you instructions when you are having sex mad

Understood.

Ernie "The Un-Tactical"

[Linked Image]
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by selmer
I don't have pictures of everything.
My 700ish yard mule deer, I can't find the picture.
Plus, I have another mule deer I can't find the pic of with my 6.5-284 rear grip that was over 600...Thinking around 640 (140 A-Max).
I guess I should keep a log with exact dates and distance
These are both just a bit over 600. First one was like 605ish and the other was around 613, both with my 6.5 Leopard (130 Berger.

Farthest antelope buck 1036 or 1037 (162 A-Max). I would need to go back and look at the actual number
7WSM

My son's furthest kill with my 7mm SAUM was 749 yards (162 A-Max).

Dan E. using my 6.5-284 with 140 AB's, cow elk at 680 yards

666 yard cow with one of my 7mm Dakota's (200 Wildcat)

Multiple prairie dogs past a grand, and three past 1500 yards

xphunter - how are you setting up scopes on those? Are standard eye relief or extended eye relief scopes? I can't imagine shooting any of my single shot pistols with a standard eye relief scope, but you're MUCH deeper into the game than I am. Are the muzzle brakes taking enough recoil off to make standard eye relief workable?

Just sent you a PM.
Depending on the weight of the specialty pistol, chambering, bullet weight/MV, and quality of the brake, I will choose a partial FOV (Which is still greater than a LER full FOV), to a complete FOV.

Ernie "The Un-Tactical"

[Linked Image]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Selmer,
If you want to learn to shoot distance with a specialty pistol, I have several loaner XP's that are ready to go for distance. You would need to pay for the ammunition.
https://sebrests-usa.com/wy-shot/

Ernie "The Un-Tactical"

[Linked Image]
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Was out in a field shooting water-filled milk jugs, balloons, etc., out to about 600 yards, when I spotted a coyote in an adjacent field mousing in the snow. After a couple of tries, the Leica LRF1200 gave a reading on the coyote of 942 yards. I was shooting a Tikka in .25-06 with 100gr SMK, and after checking DOPE, I dialed the correction into the Burris FFII Tactical 3-9x. Incidentally, that was the best-tracking Burris I ever owned.

Jordan,

The Burris FFII "Tactical" (which had a 30mm tube) was made close to 20 years ago, and featured a much stronger coil-spring erector-tube adjustment system than the 1" FFIIs. I know this because of getting one way back then--and still owning it today, due to it being so reliable on several rifles. Right now it's on my 6.5 PRC, a custom rifle by Charlie Sisk, which has been among my favorites over the past couple years.

But apparently most shooters couldn't believe such a "cheap" scope could dial so reliably, and hold up so well, so it was discontinued. But a few years ago Burris offered basically the same scope, but changed the name to the C4. Tested one of those and it also was dead-nuts, but apparently the same thing happened with the "perceived value," and it didn't last long.
Amazing that people will perceive value based on price. And then brag about how expensive it was!

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I have a few of the Burris C4 scopes, both 1" and 30mm. I bought up all I could find when they discontinued them. They could be had for +/- $200 at the time...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Great thread with great stories and great photos. My meager story occurred only two weeks ago when I got my longest range shot on a coyote and my shortest range shot on a coyote (non-shotgun) on the same day. I was walking off of some BLM land after putting the stalk on some deer on which I decided to pass. Off in the distance I saw a coyote walking along. I laid down and when he stopped, I ranged him at 784 yards. I laid my 280AI across my pack, dialed the scope and dumped him. I was pretty tickled about my longest shot ever on a coyote with no witnesses. Oh well.

I finally got back to the truck and was heading down a county road to reach a section of state land. When I turned a corner, the world's bravest or dumbest coyote kept walking the ditch in front of me occasionally looking back over his shoulder at me. He didn't appear sickly in any way. I just continued to follow him at about ten to twenty yards behind him when finally he walked under the fence and stood there looking at me. Expecting him to haul ass any second, I decided to pull out the "long range coyote rifle", a Bergara LRP, 6.5 CM with LRTS scope and got out of the truck. I walked over to the fence thinking I would be laying down with the tripod or resting on the fence post. In all of this time he had covered a grand total of, what I estimated by eyeball and years of experience, about 15 yards. My wind call and dope were all good. So, my longest and shortest rifle shots on coyotes coincidentally occurred on the same day.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
EXCELLENT!!!

Ernie "The Un-Tactical"

[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

720 yards with 6XC 108 grain ELD M.

860 yards with the same rifle and bullet combination as the last. Love that 6XC. No recoil, long case life, just a joy to shoot. I've killed plenty of animals at spitting distance with both bow and rifle. I also have the ability and tools to take them at long range when there isn't another option. It's a good tool to have.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Very Nice!
Love the XC!

Ernie "The Un-Tactical"

[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ranger1

720 yards with 6XC 108 grain ELD M.

860 yards with the same rifle and bullet combination as the last. Love that 6XC. No recoil, long case life, just a joy to shoot. I've killed plenty of animals at spitting distance with both bow and rifle. I also have the ability and tools to take them at long range when there isn't another option. It's a good tool to have.

Awesome!

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
this is an awesome thread. my longest kills are only 400, so i cant post any pics yet haha

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

189 members (300jimmy, 12344mag, 22kHornet, 10Glocks, 257 roberts, 2UP, 22 invisible), 2,233 guests, and 880 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,281
Posts18,467,711
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.