Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by johnn
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by MuskegMan
The CC measure losing is a very good thing... also very much expected.

Remind me who got this on the ballot . . .
Those that wanted to get rid of RCV...
I guess some on here think its just swell.
It goes pn automatically every 10 years. It has absolutely nothing to do with RCV.

And thinking any particular item will go your way in a rewrite is foolish.

Oh, you are ok with RCV...? Or afraid to impower yourself to exact change, scared that the constitution would get a total rewrite...
Laughable
How about you write an initiative to change your least favorite part of the Constitution and get it passed? But RCV cannot ne changed for another year.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
BP-B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by MuskegMan
The CC measure losing is a very good thing... also very much expected.

Remind me who got this on the ballot . . .
Those that wanted to get rid of RCV...
I guess some on here think its just swell.
It goes pn automatically every 10 years. It has absolutely nothing to do with RCV.

And thinking any particular item will go your way in a rewrite is foolish.

Oh, you are ok with RCV...? Or afraid to impower yourself to exact change, scared that the constitution would get a total rewrite...
Laughable
How about you write an initiative to change your least favorite part of the Constitution and get it passed? But RCV cannot ne changed for another year.

I don't need to write schit, I voted yes, how's that for a initiative? It would take a year or two for a CC to take place, I would just like to see our legislators get something done, as it is it's not happening.

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Legislators? But you all said it would not be the Legislature doing the writing?!? Hell of an effort, voting.

I specifically do not want the current Clown Corps doing anything to the Constitition.

Someone writing an initiative could get more done in twp years than a CC would likely do in six years.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The state legislature could if they wanted too next year pencil out rcv. But with current crop legislators headed to Juneau I doubt anything will happen.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Legislators? But you all said it would not be the Legislature doing the writing?!? Hell of an effort, voting.

I specifically do not want the current Clown Corps doing anything to the Constitition.

Someone writing an initiative could get more done in twp years than a CC would likely do in six years.

Ok smartest guy on your city block. The state legislature wouldn’t not have been involved in cc we would of selected delegates. But you knew that, for supposed Republican you fell for the liberal ran campaign ads that were against the cc.

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by 79S

Ok smartest guy on your city block. The state legislature wouldn’t not have been involved in cc we would of selected delegates. But you knew that, for supposed Republican you fell for the liberal ran campaign ads that were against the cc.

And there you have it!

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 79S

It is losing at more than 2:1... lots more than one special interest group is saying their piece.

I do not trust the current political climate to rewrite the whole thing right now. Also, after spending millions it will likely fail to be accepted.

One good piece at a time is the right plan.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S

It is losing at more than 2:1... lots more than one special interest group is saying their piece.

I do not trust the current political climate to rewrite the whole thing right now. Also, after spending millions it will likely fail to be accepted.

One good piece at a time is the right plan.

I definitely see your hesitation especially with what’s getting ready to go to Juneau. Again Anchorage, Kenai sending a bunch rinos to caucus with democrats. Speaking of I need to send my state reps an email.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by ironbender

"Refreshed every 2 minutes"

LOL. Looks like it could be refreshed every 2 weeks and be just as up-to-date.

So what's the thinking here amongst you Alaskans? Will Chesbro voters' second choice keep Murkowski in?

Kind of looks like a strong possibility to me. But I don't have a feel for your stomp'in grounds.

Campfire Tracker
Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Gringo Loco
Originally Posted by ironbender

[b]"Refreshed every 2 minutes"[/b

So what's the thinking here amongst you Alaskans? Will Chesbro voters' second choice keep Murkowski in?

Kind of looks like a strong possibility to me. But I don't have a feel for your stomp'in grounds.

98% chance they do. Every yard sign I have seen for Lisa was right next to a bunch of other Democrats signs.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Lisa has huge negatives with Rs and huge positives with Ds.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by 79S

Jesus Christ, put the bong down.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
It's hunting season folks.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
cool

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Remeber the good old days when we knew who won on the 11 0’clock news?

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Have you guys found out if Murkowski won or lost yet?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
the Election results won't be finalized until the 23th

"243/85TSX It's as if the HAMMER OF THOR were wielded by CHUCK NORRIS himself, and a roundhouse kick thrown in for good measure."
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
This election deal is probably the most ridiculous thing going. 23rd? Crazy

Campfire Oracle
OP Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
The bug eyed bitch is very likely to get back in.

U.S. Senate
Kelly Tshibaka (R). 94,138. 44%

Lisa Murkowski (R). 91,205. 43%

Patricia Chesbro (D) 20,265. 10%

Buzz Kelley (R). 6,244. 3%

Total Write-Ins (O)
0%

Assuming Buzz Kelley’s voters second ranked Tshibaka, she gets 100382.

Assuming democrat Chesbro’s voters second ranked Murky (the other democrat), she ends up with 111470.

Just don't see enough help from overseas, absentee, remaining, votes to ditch the bitch.

Would be pleased to be wrong though.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Happy
Campfire Oracle

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
777 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 160user, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 87 invisible), 3,086 guests, and 1,264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,708
Posts18,400,128
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.