Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Hastings
So the everlasting covenant was annulled. There is a new covenant. God's promise to Abraham was not truth. Reckon? I am going to have to study that. Maybe I was wrong when both the Jehovah's Witnesses and by golly the Mormon boys both broke open the book of Ezekiel and told me the dry bones brought back to life were them. The JWs got absolutely hostile when I told that was about real Jews and that it had already happened in 1948 with the rebirth of Israel. Maybe the God I thought would not and could not lie did in fact not keep his promise to Abraham. Maybe.

I’d be interested in how they explained Ezekiel 23:20

MAGA
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
So the everlasting covenant was annulled....

Fulfilled. Not annulled.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
So the everlasting covenant was annulled. There is a new covenant. God's promise to Abraham was not truth. Reckon? I am going to have to study that. Maybe I was wrong when both the Jehovah's Witnesses and by golly the Mormon boys both broke open the book of Ezekiel and told me the dry bones brought back to life were them. The JWs got absolutely hostile when I told that was about real Jews and that it had already happened in 1948 with the rebirth of Israel. Maybe the God I thought would not and could not lie did in fact not keep his promise to Abraham. Maybe.

Read the whole chapter, Jerusalem and Samaria........... Revelation refers to the 'woman' as the whore or the harlot, old in adulteries...... also REV, the woman is 'the great city'..... the great city - 'wherein our LORD was Crucified...'

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Muffin
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Read the whole chapter, Jerusalem and Samaria........... Revelation refers to the 'woman' as the whore or the harlot, old in adulteries...... also REV, the woman is 'the great city'..... the great city - 'wherein our LORD was Crucified...'

Was meant to be light hearted. A couple momo missionaries explaining a chick banging a donkey.

I’ll not debate biblical chapters. smile

MAGA
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Gen 17:9 And God said to Abraham, "As for you, you shall keep my covenant, you and your offspring after you throughout their generations.
10 This is my covenant, which you shall keep, between me and you and your offspring after you: Every male among you shall be circumcised.

The Jews did NOT keep the covenant as commanded. At this time God didn't specify a punishment if they failed to keep it but he was firm in his order that they do. We see later what happened when they broke it.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There probably aren't a lot of dispensationalist sermons preached from the book of Jeremiah....

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
It’s Bible scholar time.

LOL

Fugking idiots.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The Covenant was with Abraham and his seed. And that seed is Christ.

If you are in Christ, you are a fellow-heir to all the promises.

If one does not believe that, he is either ignorant or an unbeliever.

That is what I believe!

USMC 0351

We know the price of everything and the value of nothing.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
All I know is a miracle happened in 1948 foretold in Isaiah 66:8. After almost 2000 years of a tiny population being dispersed over the world in one day was reestablished as a nation. A miracle. It withstood murderous Arab armies on every side except the ocean. I watched in horror in 1967 as the Jewish nation was about to be annihilated. All the sudden Syria's air force was destroyed and the whole Egyptian army was captured.

GOD "If I forget thee O Jerusalem"

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Stophel
[Linked Image]
Do you dislike the whole Jewish people? All of them?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Stophel
[Linked Image]
Do you dislike the whole Jewish people? All of them?

Do you dislike the Word of God?

Jesus had nothing but condemnation for the Jews. He preached against their blasphemous religion (no, they do NOT "just follow the Old Testament"...). Should one renounce that religion, and embrace Christ, then that would be wonderful, just as with anyone else. The first Christians were, obviously, of the tribes of Judah and Benjamin. Many followed Him. Most did not. Jesus says those that reject Him are NOT children of Abraham, but children of the Devil, as it is his will that they do. They were impostors. God promised to make them a nation before Him no more forever if they continued to disobey Him. He said He would repent of the good things He was going to give to them because "My covenant they brake". God created a New Covenant. Christians are God's chosen people... not the "jews".

On top of all this, those who call themselves jews today, and are not, are doubly impostors, as they are not the least bit descended from Abraham, Isaac, or Jacob.

To trust any of these impostors would be foolish.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by las
Religion - all religion - may just be the biggest con of all time.

I agree!

"I refuse to waste my common sense on those who have been educated beyond their intelligence"

All you need to know about Democrats is they call American citizens "Deplorables" and illegal immigrants "Dreamers"!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Gen 17:9 And God said to Abraham, "As for you, you shall keep my covenant, you and your offspring after you throughout their generations.
10 This is my covenant, which you shall keep, between me and you and your offspring after you: Every male among you shall be circumcised.

The Jews did NOT keep the covenant as commanded. At this time God didn't specify a punishment if they failed to keep it but he was firm in his order that they do. We see later what happened when they broke it.

And the the LORD came and smiteth the heathans and those who argue on the internet

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think the original version of Christianity, the one modeled by Jesus and His earliest followers, is the one that most people nowadays would also find appealing. Unfortunately, it’s not the one that many people nowadays have experienced themselves, or seen practiced by others who profess to be Christians.

Christianity took the right turn when it officially separated itself from Judaism very early on, in the mid-first century. Jesus didn’t come to expand the old covenant (the Law of Moses) or Judaism. He came to fulfill the old covenant (the Law of Moses) and establish His New Covenant. His life and death and resurrection fulfilled the requirements of the Law of Moses, and freed people from the demands of that old covenant. The old covenant was just a precursor to the New Covenant that Jeremiah prophesied about in the Hebrew scriptures. Jesus’ establishment of His New Covenant is a fulfillment, it’s not a continuation. It’s wasn’t Judaism 2.0, it was something brand spankin’ new.

The only religious law that Christians are obligated to obey is the Law of Christ. It’s all-encompassing.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antlers
I think the original version of Christianity, the one modeled by Jesus and His earliest followers, is the one that most people nowadays would also find appealing. Unfortunately, it’s not the one that many people nowadays have experienced themselves, or seen practiced by others who profess to be Christians.

Christianity took the right turn when it officially separated itself from Judaism very early on, in the mid-first century. Jesus didn’t come to expand the old covenant (the Law of Moses) or Judaism. He came to fulfill the old covenant (the Law of Moses) and establish His New Covenant. His life and death and resurrection fulfilled the requirements of the Law of Moses, and freed people from the demands of that old covenant. The old covenant was just a precursor to the New Covenant that Jeremiah prophesied about in the Hebrew scriptures. Jesus’ establishment of His New Covenant is a fulfillment, it’s not a continuation. It’s wasn’t Judaism 2.0, it was something brand spankin’ new.

The only religious law that Christians are obligated to obey is the Law of Christ. It’s all-encompassing.
Any thoughts on the return of the Jews to their homeland after a worldwide dispersion of nearly 2000 years? It seems a miracle to me. Maybe God directed it?

The U.N. vote to partition Palestine for a Jewish homeland was 33 to 13 and 10 abstentions, with Cuba being the only Christian nation to vote no, unless you count Greece who voted no. The British Commonwealth, the U.S.S.R. and its satellites, the USA, Canada, and most of Latin America voted yes. India and China in deference to their large Muslim population went against.

I say it was the biggest miracle since Jesus left and something that had to happen before he returns. Is God through with the Jews?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think that for over the last 2,000 years…and definitely since 1948…the overwhelming majority of the Jewish people have been living more than a little bit in the dark because they rejected the Light that entered the world through them.

And I think that the nation of Israel that has existed since 1948 is most definitely not the same Israel that had an on-again, off-again relationship with God that was described throughout the books of the Old Testament and into the New Testament. The only connections that are apparent to me between then and now is their still common rejection of Jesus’ divinity and of Him as the Messiah, and their use of the name “Israel.”

According to the latest population statistics for Israeli adults: 43% self-identify as secular, 22% self-identify as traditional but not very religious, 13% self-identify as traditional-religious, 11% self-identify as religious, and 10% self-identify as ultra-Orthodox. So 65% of Israeli adults lives nowadays have little or no religious or spiritual basis at all. Pretty stunning numbers for “God’s chosen people.”

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/latest-population-statistics-for-israel

People can draw their own conclusions about Israel’s place in God’s economy nowadays, and whether or not they’re still “God’s chosen people.” I personally think that “chosen” nowadays refers to those who have decided to follow…and put their trust and confidence in…the Chosen One, who is Jesus Himself.

I do find it more than a little bit noticeable…even disingenuous…that you ask specific questions of others regarding these matters, who are more than willing to answer your specific questions, while you yourself repeatedly and absolutely refuse to answer the specific questions of others regarding these matters, and instead assert:
I've never been pushed into owning up to anything,…

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antlers
I think that for over the last 2,000 years…and definitely since 1948…the overwhelming majority of the Jewish people have been living more than a little bit in the dark because they rejected the Light that entered the world through them.

And I think that the nation of Israel that has existed since 1948 is most definitely not the same Israel that had an on-again, off-again relationship with God that was described throughout the books of the Old Testament and into the New Testament. The only connections that are apparent to me between then and now is their still common rejection of Jesus’ divinity and of Him as the Messiah, and their use of the name “Israel.”

According to the latest population statistics for Israeli adults: 43% self-identify as secular, 22% self-identify as traditional but not very religious, 13% self-identify as traditional-religious, 11% self-identify as religious, and 10% self-identify as ultra-Orthodox. So 65% of Israeli adults lives nowadays have little or no religious or spiritual basis at all. Pretty stunning numbers for “God’s chosen people.”

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/latest-population-statistics-for-israel

People can draw their own conclusions about Israel’s place in God’s economy nowadays, and whether or not they’re still “God’s chosen people.” I personally think that “chosen” nowadays refers to those who have decided to follow…and put their trust and confidence in…the Chosen One, who is Jesus Himself.

I do find it more than a little bit noticeable…even disingenuous…that you ask specific questions of others regarding these matters, who are more than willing to answer your specific questions, while you yourself repeatedly and absolutely refuse to answer the specific questions of others regarding these matters, and instead assert:
I've never been pushed into owning up to anything,…
I almost got insulted with your "disingenuous" remark but I looked the word up. I thought you were calling me stupid. I guess disingenuous is accurate in that my questions are not for the purpose of seeking information. My purpose is to encourage people to look into their beliefs and consider the possibility they might have been duped. Some things written after Jesus was gone just don't make sense.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For as long as we’ve been discussing these kind of topics on these kind of threads, not a single man here who professes to hold Christian beliefs has agreed with your position. Not a single one. And there are a lotta wise and intelligent and studied men here, especially when it comes to these topics in particular.

Have you ever even considered the possibility that it is ‘you’ who might have been duped regarding ‘your’ position…?

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

117 members (6mmCreedmoor, 1_deuce, 257wthbylover, 300_savage, 5sdad, 16 invisible), 1,634 guests, and 951 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,511
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.