Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Originally Posted by m_stevenson
Here’s the link to the product info. Weird though, the email shows it as optics ready, but their website doesn’t list it as such.

https://www.smith-wesson.com/product/equalizer?sku=13592

This page of the S&W website does mention it. Not that it matters, of course...
It could be that whoever entered the catalog specs goofed up.
My wife says that I need to order one for her.
Being the loving husband that I am, the call goes in to the gunpusher emporium today. 😎

Your self sacrificing nature is a shining example to all.
wink

I like the grip safety---one reason I chose an XD over a Glock for carry. I probably won't buy one for several reasons, but it's not because I perceive that there's something wrong with the new gun.
Hey buddy😁 would you mind telling my wife that?
I would appreciate it. 😂😂

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Here’s the link to the product info. Weird though, the email shows it as optics ready, but their website doesn’t list it as such.

Being the loving husband that I am, the call goes in to the gunpusher emporium today. 😎

A thoughtful and sensitive husband would also order a gun for himself, so your wife's pistol doesn't make that long, lonely trip by itself.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Your self sacrificing nature is a shining example to all.
wink

I like the grip safety---one reason I chose an XD over a Glock for carry. I probably won't buy one for several reasons, but it's not because I perceive that there's something wrong with the new gun.
Hey buddy😁 would you mind telling my wife that?
I would appreciate it. 😂😂

Sure thing. Maybe you could help me out a little too!

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
My gun pusher said I am about #5 on the list for a new Equalizer.
So at least I can tell my wife that hers is ordered and will be here when they can get one for her.
😅

Sarge, earlier this week I picked up an M&P 40, so this one for her is just to even things up.

River Rider, let your wife know that I think you’re an ideal husband, and she should be happy to have you. Think that will work?

Mark

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
River Rider, let your wife know that I think you’re an ideal husband, and she should be happy to have you. Think that will work?

I kinda doubt it. Probably good for an eyeroll, though.

frown

I appreciate the offer, though.

wink

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
🤣🤣🤣🤣

Mark

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jerrywoodswalker
Originally Posted by FreeMe
OBTW, I contacted S&W and asked if they'd sell me the PC grip safety so I could have it installed. They declined.

If it's an issue for enough people, or not? The aftermarket folks will probably step up.

I know it's an expensive pain... but would they install one if you sent your pistol to them?

Jerry

IIRC, their response included, "all those grip safeties are going in PC models right now."

Maybe someday that will change. Hope so. Now that they've made it RDS ready, it is otherwise a great pistol.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

C
C
With the EZ slide requiring less force to rack is there a noticeable increase in felt recoil?

M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Two Equalizers showed up yesterday at the shop.
They come with 3 magazines, a 10, a 13 and a 15 round. Smith includes an Uplula loading tool.
Since the gun’s niche is small people or those with limited hand strength, the inclusion of the loading tool makes sense. Shield Plus magazines are not the easiest to load and the Equalizer uses them.
Picking the pistol up, my first impression was how slim the grip was and how nicely rounded it felt in the hand. Good grip texture is “there”.
I didn’t have enough time to really examine it closely but we will be be back to buy at least one I’m sure.

Add a Holosun 507C and hand it over to the wife. She won’t take long to learn how to use the reflex sight and the enjoyment of shooting will be back. Iron sights aren’t age friendly and having the red dot allows one to continue shooting handguns for a good while longer.

I am anxious to shoot it and see how it performs. For me but especially for my wife.
I want to see how it compares in total to my Sig P-365.

Last edited by m_stevenson; 11/24/22.

Mark

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
They come with 3 magazines, a 10, a 13 and a 15 round. Smith includes an Uplula loading tool.
Since the gun’s niche is small people or those with limited hand strength, the inclusion of the loading tool makes sense. Shield Plus magazines are not the easiest to load and the Equalizer uses them.
Picking the pistol up, my first impression was how slim the grip was and how nicely rounded it felt in the hand. Good grip texture is “there”.
I didn’t have enough time to really examine it closely but we will be be back to buy at least one I’m sure.

Add a Holosun 507C and hand it over to the wife. She won’t take long to learn how to use the reflex sight and the enjoyment of shooting will be back. Iron sights aren’t age friendly and having the red dot allows one to continue shooting handguns for a good while longer.

I am anxious to shoot it and see how it performs. For me but especially for my wife.

A logical setup in my opinion.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by deflave

A logical setup in my opinion.
Thanks. We are both watching the video you posted the other day. Excellent stuff, thanks for that.

Mark

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If I thought my wife would carry it I’d buy one. I really don’t need the EZ pull slide. I like the Holosun idea. Because of my eyesight not being what it once was, I put a Holosun 507K on my P365XL and like it. There is a learning curve using an optic. Some good videos on YouTube about that. I was wondering how the lighter recoil spring affects the slide battering the frame with hot 9mm loads.

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Well, it needs to come home with us 🙄first before I can let you know my thoughts and impressions.

Mark

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Highly recommend 147gr., subsonic stuff.

Highly.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Duly noted.

Mark

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’ve had a lot of slender females use the EZs in classes and they’ve all had problems with the grip safety while firing.

Not every time, but at some point in the day they do. Their hands are too slender to reliably depress the safety under stress or keep it depressed during recoil.

A heavier girl with thicker hands did fine.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
I’ve had a lot of slender females use the EZs in classes and they’ve all had problems with the grip safety while firing.

Not every time, but at some point in the day they do. Their hands are too slender to reliably depress the safety under stress or keep it depressed during recoil.

A heavier girl with thicker hands did fine.

As I would expect from my experience. Blue, have you been around any of them using the PC edition? Does the bigger grip safety eliminate that problem? It seems to me that S&W knows there's a problem, or they wouldn't have bothered attempting a solution. And then I have to wonder why they wouldn't put that bigger lever on all of them.

Until they fix the grip safety so it fits the mission (weak hands), I can't get on board with the EZ line. I wanted to like the gun, but thus far, it's a fail.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The only PC I’ve seen was shot by the girl with thick hands.

I suspect it won’t make much difference if the safety has to be completely depressed.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks, Blue. I suspect you may be right. The dang thing is upside down in the first place. The leverage and geometry all wrong. Idunno if it could have been done differently on that pistol, but it should have been.

M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
My wife is rather slight, and she has had no issues with the grip safety, but that is good to know

Mark

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

317 members (1lesfox, 2alphas2, 1beaver_shooter, 1OntarioJim, 160user, 12344mag, 27 invisible), 1,818 guests, and 957 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,601
Posts18,454,632
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.