Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
I see S&W just announced a new model in the EZ line. It looks like they have incorporated EZ technology with 10+1, 13+1 and 15+1 capacity and an optics cut slide.
My wife saw it and really perked up when I showed it to her. We hope to find one for her to try out. She’s ready to buy one right now. She likes her 380 EZ and 9 EZ but is ready to transition to an optic sighted one.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
GB1

L
LBP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Is it a 380 or 9mm?

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
9mm Luger.

M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Here’s the link to the product info. Weird though, the email shows it as optics ready, but their website doesn’t list it as such.

https://www.smith-wesson.com/product/equalizer?sku=13592

Last edited by m_stevenson; 11/11/22.

Mark

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If 15 round magazine actually fits Shield Plus there will be severe shortage of these magazines.

IC B2

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
I'm an intruder here. My 'usual' hangouts in Mauser or Winchester 'Fire' Forums. Much of the 'carry' stuff just head shaking. A lot of years concealed carry professionally. Not a lot before "ball & chain" morphing! My last Agency carry the Glock 26 of nineties era, slick snag free utility! Did a lot of airline travel & "fanny pack" carry made, my preference. Fundamentally don't understand a lot of alleged "carry guns" nowadays, not to mention 'optics' by whatever name. Handguns other than big-rig stuff for specialized need folks or handgun hunting; as closeup & personal as 'defensive'... Heavy, bulky, snag-drag, gadget loaded...
I don't understand!
Sorry if to disrupt & no reply obligatory!
Best!
John

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by iskra
I'm an intruder here. My 'usual' hangouts in Mauser or Winchester 'Fire' Forums. Much of the 'carry' stuff just head shaking. A lot of years concealed carry professionally. Not a lot before "ball & chain" morphing! My last Agency carry the Glock 26 of nineties era, slick snag free utility! Did a lot of airline travel & "fanny pack" carry made, my preference. Fundamentally don't understand a lot of alleged "carry guns" nowadays, not to mention 'optics' by whatever name. Handguns other than big-rig stuff for specialized need folks or handgun hunting; as closeup & personal as 'defensive'... Heavy, bulky, snag-drag, gadget loaded...
I don't understand!
Best!
John

Please stick to your Mauser and Winchester Forums.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by iskra
I don't understand!
Best!
John

Please stick to your Mauser and Winchester Forums.

Thanks.

John does not understand need for extra gadgets on closeup & personal DEFENSIVE gun. This super flat snag-free 9x19 pistol with 6-shot magazine fits into average size cell phone case, a perfect fit......

[Linked Image from jpgbox.com]

This is professional grade pistola designed for experienced shooters who can handle sharp recoil of small handguns.

I give team at S&W a lot of credit. They have come up with innovative designs very suitable for grandpas and grandmas, bravo!

The best Glock could do is either offer smaller .380/9mm 6-shot pistols or slightly larger versions with 10-round factory magazines. If Glock made slingshot for defense Glock fan boys would stand in line to buy it.

M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Slavek, maser, glockdoofus etc. Stop posting on my thread. You don’t fool anyone with your fake Euro vocabulary or your google knowledge base.

Mark

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks for bringing this product to life, the elderly need our respect and support. I am glad S&W through innovation is serving this important segment of population

IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Sooch on You Tube did a review on it. He's big on everything. Excellent camera guy with organized presentation though. Interesting option for weaker hands. I do like the Shield Plus. Shoots good to be so small. Easy to carry. 13 + 1 sure beats 7 or 8. At some point that's enough.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by m_stevenson
Here’s the link to the product info. Weird though, the email shows it as optics ready, but their website doesn’t list it as such.

This page of the S&W website does mention it. Not that it matters, of course...

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have the EZ 9mm, and have always thought if they would make one exactly the same but with a double stack magazine, it would make me happy. And now they've done it. I will very possibly end up getting one.

M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by RiverRider

It could be that whoever entered the catalog specs goofed up.
My wife says that I need to order one for her.
Being the loving husband that I am, the call goes in to the gunpusher emporium today. 😎

Mark

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I was always put off by the grip safety, thinking it was a cocking lever. So I don't get the EZ part. Just learned it's a single action, hammer fired design. The grip safety is just that. Ugly as it is, that clean break trigger and longer barrel is an attractive option. Their website sucks! All big corporations hire the same knot heads.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RiverRider

It could be that whoever entered the catalog specs goofed up.
My wife says that I need to order one for her.
Being the loving husband that I am, the call goes in to the gunpusher emporium today. 😎

Your self sacrificing nature is a shining example to all.
wink

I like the grip safety---one reason I chose an XD over a Glock for carry. I probably won't buy one for several reasons, but it's not because I perceive that there's something wrong with the new gun.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Slavek
Thanks for bringing this product to life, the elderly need our respect and support. I am glad S&W through innovation is serving this important segment of population

If you actually shot any real guns, you might know what a stupid comment that is.

The EZ has what may be the best non-1911 trigger to come in any modern pistol, and that's possible because of the hammer and grip safety. But that grip safety is actually a liability to elderly people with weak or disfigured hands. The EZ line is easier to shoot accurately than a lot of compact striker fired pistols - when the grip safety actually allows it to fire. If S&W was really looking out for the elderly with this design, they would put the same grip safety that's on the Performance Center version on all of the EZ pistols.

I had one. Got rid of it because my hand wouldn't deactivate the grip safety reliably and it wasn'tMRDS ready anyway. So they've fixed one disadvantage but apparently not it's worst fault.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
OBTW, I contacted S&W and asked if they'd sell me the PC grip safety so I could have it installed. They declined.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Brownell's has them in stock... and their pictures show it to be optics ready.

Originally Posted by FreeMe
OBTW, I contacted S&W and asked if they'd sell me the PC grip safety so I could have it installed. They declined.

If it's an issue for enough people, or not? The aftermarket folks will probably step up.

I know it's an expensive pain... but would they install one if you sent your pistol to them?

Jerry

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
The EZ is a great design. Glad to see Smith is expanding the line.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

128 members (44mc, 7x57Hunter, 10Glocks, 7887mm08, 808outdoors, 21, 13 invisible), 1,662 guests, and 746 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,688
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.