Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Love em! Raised eating them.

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Never had em...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord
Geno you may just have to build yourself a small greenhouse.

See, ole slumlord was a younger man and knew he one day wanted to build a greenhouse.

Thought I would do it on the cheap…so slum save a lot of old thermal pane windows from several window replacement job. They are all stacked up beside a shed across from his smokehouse.

Now, I decided to use poly carb panel instead.

But if you could go hang out at the dump with Nugget, you might score some windows and pallets and maybe the remnants of a piece of crap treated lumber playground or deck that is being demolished.

I had one, with a plastic cover. It rotted after a couple of seasons of 300+ days of sun and our higher altitude UV index. I actually got a few tomatoes out of that one.

I've got the polycarb panels sitting waiting to be put on the frame that no longer has the plastic on it.

One of 87 projects to get to "one day"

PS the Adirondack chair is still where you last saw it in a picture. I think it has ice on it now.

PPS thanks for the reminder about those panels. I might be able to do some more work on that thing today. It's finally above freezing here. Was going to play with my new Ryobi electric chain saw, but that can wait for a few days when it's supposed to be sunny and 40F

Last edited by Valsdad; 11/11/22.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Geno, A neighbor of yours just over the hill near Adin puts her plants in a wheelbarrow/garden cart thing. Wheels 'em out to the south face of the house for day sun, wheels 'em in at night. Not too much of a hassle compared with covering and uncovering. She is right at 4.400 feet.
Does she have a heated shed or space in the heated garage for them. Our garage was something like 13F this morning when the wife went out to it.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
She apparently doesn't mind the smell of damp potting soil...she's got 'em in her mud room/washing machine room. I know for a fact the smell of cowschidt don't bother her. From the last week of June to the second week of Sept, her husband calls her the Hay Nazi. She pretty much gets in two cuttings. He still works at a wage job so they can afford to keep ranchin'.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That's cool.

some good folks over there in Adin.

And..................the Oney Frosty in Adin : https://www.facebook.com/people/The-Oney-Frosty-In-Adin/100041823113143/

In it is contentment

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Love Oneys. Helluva menu there. Should be passing through in a few weeks.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Stix
Love Oneys. Helluva menu there. Should be passing through in a few weeks.
Coming up for waterfowl?

Not sure when you last stopped there, but things got more expensive!

Let's

Go

Brandon!

In it is contentment

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MPat70
I have to skin any ripe tomato I use

Had to school some ‘posers’ on another live platform. Flat bill cap doofus bragging about his tomato sandwich.

900 some odd people on there acted as if thst was a completely foreign concept to peel a tomato
Never heard of peeling a ripe tomato.
Curious, do you peel grapes also🤔

Nope don’t peel grapes and I don’t see the correlation

Do you core grapes?

I do not leave peelings on apples when pies and preserves are made
We don’t leave peelings on when preparing tomatoes for canning
We don’t leave the peelings on spuds when making mashed potatoes

The peeling on many tomatoes is stringy, to me- and this is just me, feels like I have pieces of plastic in my mouth.

The old folks in 5 different southern states I’ve lived in have always peeled them with a good, sharp blade. Only takes 30 seconds and makes sandwiches much better and if you serve sliced tomatoes as a side, you can cut with a fork. You can take one bite and breaks free. Like when eating a sandwich you dont get a whole goddamm mayo slathered slice falling off onto your Dungarees like you would if left that damn nasty 3 mil thick peeling on there

One more, in case any Yankees are doing this chit too, tomatoes in the fridge is a major faux pas as well. ***gag***
Gotcha 👍
Nope I don't eat grapes, they give me a massive migraine.
But to each their own. I don't peel spuds, tomatoes or apples either. But I love me some garden fresh tomatoes sliced about ¾" and smothered with gravy!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Fried green tomatoes with comeback sauce or remoulade sauce is fantastic.

There's a bunch of picky MF's on this board who think putting a pinch of black pepper on mashed potatoes is living on the wild side. I was a picky eater until I was about 20 then I realized I was missing out on a whole lot of fantastic food. Now I eat pretty much anything that doesn't try to eat me first.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by MPat70
I have to skin any ripe tomato I use

Had to school some ‘posers’ on another live platform. Flat bill cap doofus bragging about his tomato sandwich.

900 some odd people on there acted as if thst was a completely foreign concept to peel a tomato
Never heard of peeling a ripe tomato.
Curious, do you peel grapes also🤔

Nope don’t peel grapes and I don’t see the correlation

Do you core grapes?

I do not leave peelings on apples when pies and preserves are made
We don’t leave peelings on when preparing tomatoes for canning
We don’t leave the peelings on spuds when making mashed potatoes

The peeling on many tomatoes is stringy, to me- and this is just me, feels like I have pieces of plastic in my mouth.

The old folks in 5 different southern states I’ve lived in have always peeled them with a good, sharp blade. Only takes 30 seconds and makes sandwiches much better and if you serve sliced tomatoes as a side, you can cut with a fork. You can take one bite and breaks free. Like when eating a sandwich you dont get a whole goddamm mayo slathered slice falling off onto your Dungarees like you would if left that damn nasty 3 mil thick peeling on there

One more, in case any Yankees are doing this chit too, tomatoes in the fridge is a major faux pas as well. ***gag***
Slum knows his stuff.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Valsdad
[quote=Stix]Love Oneys. Helluva menu there. Should be passing through in a few weeks.
Coming up for waterfowl?

Not sure when you last stopped there, but things got more expensive!

Let's

Go

Brandon

No I’d stay down here in the valley for ducks. Just passing through on my way to N Dakota to see my brother. I love that country and south east oregon. Need to make a stop in Paisley as well.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

79 members (6mmbrfan, 35, 14idaho, 280shooter, 10Glocks, 2500HD, 6 invisible), 1,556 guests, and 705 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,520
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.