Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 23 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 22 23
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by bellydeep
Considering a “world power” originally tried to take over the whole damn place, I’d say Ukraine won.

It's just getting started over there.

BP-B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Morris is a retard and has been spouting Orc agitprop for the entire war.

Always wrong but never in doubt.

I guess we'll see eventually.

But the whole concept of Ukraine defeating Russia has always seemed very shaky to me. Russia is a world power. Ukraine is basically a failed state.

Of course, Ukraine is getting tons of support from the U.S. Government. But it's not going to be enough by itself. Ukraine will need a U.S. coalition of troops on the ground if Russia decides to pull out all the stops.

If Russia is indeed working to evacuate ethnic Russians out of Kherson (and reports seem to indicate that that's the case) it's a bad sign for Ukraine.

Russia WAS a world power. Yes, Ukraine is corrupt. On the Transparency International Corruption Perception Index, Ukraine scores 32, and ranks as the 122nd least corrupt country in the world, between the Philippines and Mexico. Russia scores 29. 136th in the world between Mali and Myanmar. In other words, Russia is even MORE corrupt than Ukraine. If corruption is your benchmark for good vs. evil, Ukraine Good, Russia Evil.

https://www.transparency.org/en/cpi/2021/index/tur

The once great Soviet Union crumbled in 1991, and along with it, Russian military power. In 1991 The Russian's were broke. They had no budget for maintenance, fuel, training, nor the ability to pay their troops.

Toward the end of The Cold War the Soviet Union has about 120 Motorized Rifle Divisions (MRD) and 70 tank Divisions. Over 80 of those MRD's were either transferred to other countries during the Soviet Collapse, or subsequently disbanded, reduced to a training base, reduced to storage base etc. The tank divisions got hit even harder with 90% going away. In other words if we just look at the number of division they lost 3/4 of the their combat power. Now multiple this across all branches.

But that's just the beginning of the decline of Former Soviet power. In the last 1980's the Soviets had 16 Military Districts (MD), each with multiple numbered Armies. An Army typically constituted 4 to 6 division depending on mission needs. After the break up Russia was down to 9 MD's. Putin took power in 2000, and the following year he reorganized the Russian military into 7 MD's each with a single Army, and each of those with only a single Class A Division. All of which were MRDs.

Class A divisions are their fully equipped combat ready divisions. Often, but not always, there are designated as "Guards" divisions. The typical MRD has just over 10,000 men. So, 7 MRD's plus a few naval infantry brigades, and you maybe get 100K "combat ready" soldiers across the entire Russian Army. In other words, Russia basically threw ALL of their ready combat power at the Ukraine on day one, and still had to dip into their B division to reach the 125K or so troops in their opening onslaught, and it stalled.

And you ask why?

What replaced Marxism Russian wasn't Capitalism, but a Kleptocracy, best captured in this clip from Lord of War.

Yes, it really was that bad.

and all the equipment not stolen, and "put into storage", was largely left to rust.

Now let's see how that impact an army, and how something as simple as Putin's cronies buying cheap tires and pocketing the difference may have cost them an early Victory when they failed to take Kyiv:

Multiple this across the entire Russian procurement system, and repeat at every level for 30 years.

Lead it a bunch of drunk kleptocrats promoted based whos the least likely to kill Putin, and go start a war with this mess of a military on someone else's home turf, have your international banking shut down, along with most of your trade and see what happens.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Macgregor's not exactly non-biased, and more than a bit of a Russia lover.

I think it's far more likely that Macgregor just doesn't like the crazies who control the U.S. government.

It's a very common opinion of people on the right.

I'm not fan either, but not supporting Biden doesn't mean you must support Russia.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
Star links show they're preparing nukes now.

Got a source for that, or are you a bot too?

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Antelope sniper,

I really miss your COVID updates.

LOL

You dumb kghubt.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by efw
Morris is a retard and has been spouting Orc agitprop for the entire war.

Always wrong but never in doubt.

I guess we'll see eventually.

But the whole concept of Ukraine defeating Russia has always seemed very shaky to me. Russia is a world power. Ukraine is basically a failed state.

Of course, Ukraine is getting tons of support from the U.S. Government. But it's not going to be enough by itself. Ukraine will need a U.S. coalition of troops on the ground if Russia decides to pull out all the stops.

If Russia is indeed working to evacuate ethnic Russians out of Kherson (and reports seem to indicate that that's the case) it's a bad sign for Ukraine.

I think that’s the point.

Name another war that could better feed the MIC of our country and make a statement against the post war consensus of US as sole power broker than this one?

We’ll be there forever, or at least till our currency is worthless and our military tech outdated.

That’s what our ruling elites have planned for us in Ukraine.

Have you been paying attention to the dollar?

[Linked Image from cdn.statcdn.com]

A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
A
More on the Russians leaving Kherson.
Not Russian advances in the region after the first 3 weeks of the war, only backwards since than.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Have you been paying attention to the dollar?

I've been paying attention to the cost of a pound of hamburger.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

I think it's far more likely that Macgregor just doesn't like the crazies who control the U.S. government.

I'm not fan either, but not supporting Biden doesn't mean you must support Russia.

Irony you cold bitch

MAGA
IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
please translate that for me moron lol

what a dumb clown show

Originally Posted by Northman
Originally Posted by efw
So you have no answer.

I’m shocked

So you are not following real news?

But propaganda from Kremlin and Fox?

Russia hasn't advanced since March.. while Ukraine has taken back ALOT of territory.

Granted most of close to 10.000 Russians killed the last two weeks have been conscripts... but there are couple of thousand soldiers as well there.

[Linked Image from i.redd.it]

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Not Russian advances in the region after the first 3 weeks of the war, only backwards since than.

where is this paid propaganda from? Biden ? Clinton?

Have you ever left Colorado?

lmao

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Johnny Gutshot, your take on this war is about as good as your wind & elevation calls.

a 12 k rifle scope combo to phug up a shot at 125 yards. no wonder burns bankrupted two businesses

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

You said that retired Colonel Macgregor is "more than a bit of a Russian lover".

That's exactly the same rhetorical tactic the left uses when it wants to shut down the ability of someone to have an opinion,....as in, "Trump supporters are white supremacists".

I don't trust anyone who uses that tactic. They're fundamentally dishonest. I've been seeing a lot of it from some people on here lately.

They label themselves when they do that.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Russia used conscripts, Wagner and sundry other’s not officially military to conduct this “special military operation” so while I don’t have anything to dispute your figures on post Cold War Russian military assets and the subsequent reorganization of their military I do think that your assumption that this was executed by mostly Russian military is not accurate. Putin also had some brown nosing despots throw their “army” into it.

I don’t shed a single tear seeing Russia get their ass handed to them, I just want to stop paying for it. I also don’t much care about Ukraine and am as dispassionate about this, on the geopolitical scale not the humanitarian scale, as one can be. If they fought to each country’s last soldier I still couldn’t care less…it’s like the gang wars in the cities that rage nightly..don’t care. I care when it impacts me and mine and paying billions of extorted “excess” tax dollars is unacceptable!

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

your worship of Biden and the deep state is well noted on here

get your 8th booster shot brain dead covtard. lmao

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You said that retired Colonel Macgregor is "more than a bit of a Russian lover".

That's exactly the same rhetorical tactic the left uses when. it wants to shut down the ability of someone to have an opinion,....as in, "Trump supporters are white supremacists".

I don't trust anyone who uses that tactic. They're fundamentally dishonest. I've been seeing a lot of it from some people on here lately.

Macgregor is a full blown idiot liar.

He has been wrong for the entire war and if you don't know that you are also an idiot.

The azzhat Macgregor has a record for all to see of always being wrong but never in doubt.

That lying doushe said the Orcs would win in 10 days and has continously doubled down on his Orc azz kisssing and lying.

The dumb schiet some of you belive because it's on YouTube even when the facts are easy to see. crazy

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
GOD has revealed the truth about a couple of previously considered intellectual guys, Rib. Sad.

Last edited by jaguartx; 11/11/22.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

That's exactly the same rhetorical tactic the left uses when. it wants to shut down the ability of someone to have an opinion,....as in, "Trump supporters are white supremacists".

He has been wrong for the entire war and if you don't know that you are also an idiot.

The azzhat Macgregor has a record for all to see of always being wrong but never in doubt.

That lying doushe said the Orcs would win in 10 days and has continously doubled down on his Orc azz kisssing and lying.

The dumb schiet some of you belive because it's on YouTube even when the facts are easy to see. crazy

You seriously don't have a clue about anything that's going on in the world.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

You seriously don't have a clue about anything that's going on in the world.

Yet my predictions are perfect.

Every damn time. wink

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Page 8 of 23 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
101 members (10gaugeman, 338reddog, 405joe, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 10 invisible), 1,384 guests, and 693 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,589
Posts18,397,873
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.