Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Highest I have owned is 291K on a 96 Hyundai Sonata. Highest I have seen is another Hyundai, an Elantra with 450K that belonged to a driver who delivered medical supplies. It was at the dealership for an oil change.

GB1

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
425k on my 1996 12 valve...

285k in on my 1997...

275k on my 1998.5 24 valve dump... (57,329 hours on the clock)

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

254k on my 2011 6.7l

All have compression of 95%+ of OEM specs.

I have had and seen 850k - 1m Cummins.

Diesel fuel is a lubricant by it's nature... that is why a well designed diesel will run forever (or almost forever)

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My daughter who is in law school, is driving our 1998 Camry, which has over 400,000km.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by AB2506
My daughter who is in law school, is driving our 1998 Camry, which has over 400,000km.

If I'm doing my math right, that's like 645K miles?

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LeonHitchcox
Highest I have owned is 291K on a 96 Hyundai Sonata. Highest I have seen is another Hyundai, an Elantra with 450K that belonged to a driver who delivered medical supplies. It was at the dealership for an oil change.

Hyundai made an ad campaign about that car, until it leaked that the car had multiple engine and transmission replacements to get that far, all under the 10 year warranty that they offered at the time of sale……

So there’s that……………..

Last edited by badger; 11/12/22. Reason: Typo

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by StoneCutter

Nope, 250k miles.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
3 trucks listed on this website with over 3 million miles……..

https://www.universitydodge.com/cummins-engines-are-so-durable-theres-a-million-mile-club/

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
My 2007 Toyota Corolla, 416,000 :-) just got it back from inspection passed with flying colors :-) never left me on the side of the road. One alternator, I think I put in two AC unit compressors went cheap the first time, front struts, One coil pack. That’s it! I’ve had it since New, I love this car!

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by badger

Nope, 250k miles.

Right, I did that backwards. Thanks.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Saw a 6 million mile Volvo on J. Leno's show.

IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by ElkHtrNevada
Saw a 6 million mile Volvo on J. Leno's show.

I bet that smelled like a bunch of Woodstock Musical Festival

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
How many miles are on the Space Shuttle?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Didn't see the ad. Might be the same car. This car is in the Cleveland, Tennessee area. It was leaving the dealership while mine was waiting for warranty service.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Old Volvos would go forever. Had a 1981 Volvo 240 that had 320,000 when I sold it. Ran it from Va. to Key Largo straight at least 8 times without a glitch.

Had to scrap a couple of Volvo 240 wagons I had in Minnesota, both times it was because the bodies had finally rusted enough, that the car had sagged down on the drive shaft. They have NO Frame to them....

The 76 had 300K on it at the time and the motor and trans were running fine, the mechanic and electronics on the car were just fine...
Replaced that one with a new 84, and that one lasted until it had 350K on it, yet the motor, trans etc, still running fine also. The engine in the 84 that I got new, was still so clean inside.. at 350K, you take the oil cap off and looked at the head, it was as shiny as the day I bought the car new. Clean as a fresh minted nickel. Makes me wonder how long those Volvos would of lasted if they hadn't been operated on salt covered roads in the Upper Midwest.

Love a Volvo 240 Wagon with a manual. Would certainly purchase one overhauled, and restored if I came across one.

Talked with a guy about a month ago, that had an old 1964, 122 Series Volvo Wagon. He bought it in about 1976 with 120K on it off some gal, who bought it new. He was originally from California, and one of the millions that moved to Oregon. B18 engine, manual trans, said he had about 50K to go to hit a million miles on it. Engine overhauled with the trans at about 1/2 million. Body looked good still, solid... paint awfully faded. The interior looked like it had 2 million miles on it. But owned by some left over hippie, who is still living in the 60s. But I sure do love my old Volvos, up thru the end of the 240 series in 1992.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

your math is backwards....

to convert miles to kilometers, you multiply the miles by 1.6

to convert kms to miles, you multiple the klicks by 0.62...

400,000 KM would be about 250,000 miles.

Sorry Just saw badgers post above just after I posted this.... "Here's yer sign..."

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by badger
Originally Posted by LeonHitchcox

Hyundai made an ad campaign about that car, until it leaked that the car had multiple engine and transmission replacements to get that far, all under the 10 year warranty that they offered at the time of sale……

So there’s that……………..

When I was in the Army and was working in the base Hospital at Ft Lewis, there was a colonel ( doctor) who drove an old 53 Buick Roadmaster and a Fiat 131. The Roadmaster was immaculate, this was in 1977 & 78. The Fiat was kind of ratty. I got to know him well enough to call him on a first name basis....Saw his Fiat one day, and told him that was one car I'd never ever own...

He asked why, and I told him they were a piece of junk... you'd never see one go 100,000 miles.
he told me that one had 101,000 miles on it...

So then I asked him how many times he had replaced the engine? He looked at the ground, and said he'd just put the 4th one in it quite recently.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Last vehicle I bought NEW in Sept of 1987. 88 4 Runner SR 5.... manual and 2200 RE motor. Bought out of Iowa City Iowa... paid $14,500 for it...
3K below stick on the window...

Still have it but no longer a daily driver... but then most of its life its been more of a vehicle I take on long trips, and out hunting etc, as I have other cars that I use for daily use....

Overhauled about 400 K, but it sits in the drive way behind the house, when not being used.. just renewed the plates once again...
588K on the odometer... wouldn't hesitate to get in it and drive it to the east coast and back...

most of its life, it has had 20 to 25,000 mile oil changes using Mobil 1 Delvac, with filter changes every 5 k...
third clutch not long ago.... 6 sets of front brakes and 3 sets of rear brakes in its service life...
body is still pretty solid, as I have kept it off of salted roads, and don't drive it most winters...mainly when I lived back in the upper midwest.

Had offers to purchase it, but have declined.. I don't want to see its life end with some 20 something out beating the schitt out of it..

have had some punks and Mexicans try to steal it also, but it was disabled ( disconnected the battery cable)...

Twice I've had some of the local methheads try to break into it, to steal it... with me sitting right in the drivers seat, as they try to break into the passenger side.... ( we don't have very bright criminals in Oregon.. thank God).. one guy tried when I had a pistol sitting right next to me... he opened the door and was greeted by me sitting in the drivers seat with a pistol pointed at his face.... he wet his pants, and probably schitt them also, as he took off running and screaming "don't shoot!!".... hope that curred him of wanting to steal things.... at least someone's vehicle.

only down side, is that local clowns will try to steal it, before they'd try and steal a new Corvette, sitting next to it with the keys in the ignition and the engine idling... so I don't drive it around town to do errands...sad the population has turned into that... but hey, our state democRATs think that legalizing drugs, they are doing people a favor... it just is make the stupid people, more stupid...

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
A 68-70 Ford F-250 4x4 step side pickup. Nearly 20 years old when I first saw it. Belonged to the lead diesel mechanic at one of the companies I worked for back in the early 80's, and the man was still driving it when I left the company 15 years later. The guy drove it every day with a 250+ mile commute, and he used it as his road call truck also. Everything about this truck was cast iron and had been rebuilt at least 4 times. Has a 360 v8 and 4 speed manual trans with Dana 60's if I remember right. Other than that, it had nothing fancy vinyl covered bench seat, and nothing but cheap floor mats, you could, and he often did just take a hose and washed out the interior. It originally, I believe had a blue metalic paint job and even that had been redone (repainted) many times. At 40 years old (the truck) he estimated it had well over 2 million miles. When I knew him, he was happily married and had a couple really nice kids, even though he was a workaholic. On weekends he prospected land he owned the mineral rights on out near Castaic, him and his family would make it a camping trip. I helped build him a couple rock crushers for it. Anyway last I heard he gave the truck to his son, and it is still being driven daily. His son is also a diesel mechanic.

Phil

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
I know there are trucks with more miles but I beat the crap out of my Dodge Dakota V8 4X4 for 15 hunting seasons and 350,000 miles and it was still running when I traded it in..

Ted
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Ackleyman
Saw a Mercedes 240D in the 70's with almost 1 million miles on it that belonged to a salesman that called on my Dad's business. He told me he put about 150,000 miles per year on that car with just routine maintenance. They don't make'em like that anymore.

I had a 240D i bought several years ago, just to have something comfortable to drive back and forth to work, 68 mile round trip.
It was a nice car for being 40 years old. 81 model. I paid 800 for it. Sold it a month ago for 600, I quit driving it because the vacuum system was playing hell, and you had to open the hood everytime to shut it off... guy threw a battery in it and it fired up. Who know how many miles that damn thing had.

One thing I know for certain is I paid more in property tax than I did the for the car... seems like bullshit to me.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 1minute, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 60 invisible), 2,123 guests, and 1,035 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,111
Posts18,464,314
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.