Originally Posted by 10Glocks
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by 10Glocks
I watched them harass a Bald Eagle on Wednesday. For every eagle I see, I see 20 crows and hear many more I never see. I can't imagine crows are dangers to adult turkeys, or even poults. I suppose they would harass treed turkeys. Was just surprised to see that they may be a top nest raider.
Good on em harassing that white headed buzzard, be nice if they would drive him away.

Saw a group of about 8-10 crows
kill a Canada goose once.

And that's about what they've become, Bald Eagles. I saw one once sitting in the middle of the road eating roadkill, like a vulture.

And the Canada Geese are way too thick. I see and hear them on the swamp waters where I hunt. They are constantly flying overhead. And I see them in the fields everywhere. There are three fields I pass every morning where I used to see turkeys on a fairly regular basis. It wouldn't be uncommon to see Canada Geese right there with them. One field has since been destroyed for condos, and turkeys have disapeared from the other two. I've read that Canada Geese spread avian disease through their crap and one souce said that doesn't pose a danger to wild turkeys because they don't inhabit the same areas. That's plain false, they do. And if Geese can spread their disease with their [bleep], then turkeys are definitely getting exposed to it. The damned geese don't migrate anymore They're there year round. But you can't shoot them due to their migratory bird status, or unless you hunt them during waterfowl season, and no one does in these fields or back on the swamps I hunt. Nothing but destructive pests most places.
I killed a coyote one morning right about daylight. Within 3 hours he had a pair of those white headed buzzards picking at him.

They are a scavenger and a predator nothing more.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!