Print Thread
Hop To
R
rufous Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
I moved to Arkansas last month. I did some searching online and it seems as if Arkansas is a constitutional carry state but other searching indicates that one must still have a permit. Can some of you guys who have lived in Arkansas longer explain the situation? Or maybe I should just call the local sheriff and get the straight scoop from them.

GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
You don't need one, but you can't carry everywhere. With the enhanced permit, I think that's what they call it, you can carry in places (college campuses for example) that you can't carry without the permit.

What if Jessie's girl is Stacy's mom, and her phone number is 867-5309
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you travel out of state, unless it's a constitutional carry state you travel thru, you will need the CC.

La. doesn't have constitutional carry, but if you have an Ark. CC permit, you are legal.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
R
rufous Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Sounds like I should go ahead and get it. Looks like I might be able to transfer my Oregon permit to Arkansas.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
i live in arkansas and have had a ccp for probably 20 years. go ahead and get yours. i'm a big believer in never letting anyone know you are carrying unless asked by an leo. it's always wise to check the ccp requirements for states you plan to visit or travel through. i've been stopped by the police a couple times in the last 20 years and always handed them my ccp with my drivers license. no big deal. i always got a warning and sent on my way. having a ccp demonstrates a level of training (however minor it might be) that others who may be carrying do not have. cops understand this, at least here in arkansas. best of luck.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Also with the concealed carry permit you don't have to wait for the gun store to do a NCIC check. Just show your id, carry permit, fill out the form 4473, pay the clerk, grab the gun and go home. No waiting, easy peasy!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by MPat70
Also with the concealed carry permit you don't have to wait for the gun store to do a NCIC check. Just show your id, carry permit, fill out the form 4473, pay the clerk, grab the gun and go home. No waiting, easy peasy!
I so wish Missouri would do that !!

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by MPat70
Same here in NC.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Dave_Spn
You don't need one, but you can't carry everywhere. With the enhanced permit, I think that's what they call it, you can carry in places (college campuses for example) that you can't carry without the permit.
Actually there is the typical concealed carry permit and the enhanced carry permit. You have to go through an additional 8 hours of training to get the "enhanced" in red lettering on the permit.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]free photo hosting russia

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
those examples are a lot different than Missouri. Missouri started out you got a non driver ID and you put a CCW endorsement on that ID. you could do it on a driver's license but it was not recommended. for the fact of anybody that needed to see a license for cashing a check or any type of transaction has no business knowing if you have a CCW or not.
after the one Democrat Governor Jay Nixon sold a list of CCW names to some anti and got his ass in some hot water over that our new CCW permits do not have pictures on them ..

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

153 members (257 roberts, 2UP, 44mc, 35, 10Glocks, 7887mm08, 15 invisible), 1,987 guests, and 828 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,699
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.