Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
SupFoo Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
The world’s largest online retailer, Amazon, will begin laying off 10,000 employees in corporate and technology roles beginning this week, according to a report from The New York Times.

According to the report, the layoffs would be the largest in Amazon’s history and would have a massive effect on the company’s devices unit – including the voice-assistant Alexa, as well as the retail division, and human resources departments.

About 3% of Amazon’s corporate staff and less than 1% of its global workforce will be affected by this decision.

Early this month, Mark Zuckerberg announced that large-scale layoffs at Facebook (META) were planned.

“Today I’m sharing some of the most difficult changes we’ve made in Meta’s history. I’ve decided to reduce the size of our team by about 13% and let more than 11,000 of our talented employees go.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/11/bidenomics-amazon-fire-10000-employees-early-week/

What's notable here, Amazon is laying off The Suits - actual worker bees remaining intact. Tells you this is a long term thing for Amazon.

Facebook was Wednesday, November 9.

Best Reader Comment

Magalorian
Notice all these companies waited till after the election to mass layoff? Collusion with the Marxists.

Last edited by SupFoo; 11/14/22.
GB1

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Lotta that is coming...

Shrinking... not growing...

Going to effect everyone.

I am already seeing shortages in a broad spectrum of things.

Walmart.com beats Amazon on price, delivery and customer service 99% of the time (in my world)... and LOTS of stuff getting goofy there as well.

---------------------------

Fakebook is a joke.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I tend to think of Amazon as a well oiled machine that results in high earnings

versus

Facebook that just has a boatload of money and looks for ways to spend it without much vision - hence this metaverse nightmare they find themselves in

so I hate to hear Amazon is letting people go , especially from their tech division. Maybe they believe they have taken AI enabled devices as far as they can go

I hate to hear anyone losing jobs, even liberals. I still can't get over the solution to inflation is to derail the economy and make people lose jobs in order to cut demand.

Last edited by KFWA; 11/14/22.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The layoffs are just beginning. Going to be a tough first quarter for tech employees.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Jeff gotta come up with the 100 mil he just gave Dolly Parton from somewhere.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by SupFoo
The world’s largest online retailer, Amazon, will begin laying off 10,000 employees in corporate and technology roles beginning this week, according to a report from The New York Times.

According to the report, the layoffs would be the largest in Amazon’s history and would have a massive effect on the company’s devices unit – including the voice-assistant Alexa, as well as the retail division, and human resources departments.

About 3% of Amazon’s corporate staff and less than 1% of its global workforce will be affected by this decision.

Early this month, Mark Zuckerberg announced that large-scale layoffs at Facebook (META) were planned.

“Today I’m sharing some of the most difficult changes we’ve made in Meta’s history. I’ve decided to reduce the size of our team by about 13% and let more than 11,000 of our talented employees go.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/11/bidenomics-amazon-fire-10000-employees-early-week/

What's notable here, Amazon is laying off The Suits - actual worker bees remaining intact. Tells you this is a long term thing for Amazon.

Facebook was Wednesday, November 9.

Best Reader Comment

Magalorian
Notice all these companies waited till after the election to mass layoff? Collusion with the Marxists.
Same as happened to me in 2012. Plant closing morning after Bam Bam elected to second term. Same playbook.

"Aim right, squeeze light"
" Might as well hit what you're aiming at, it kicks the same whether you miss or not"
NRA Life, GOA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Maybe they can learn to code.

Er...wait...uh... nevermind.

Politics is War by Other Means
MAC Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
How much do you want to bet that nearly every one laid off at Amazon (and Twitter for that matter) all voted straight DEM tickets their entire miserable lives? Karma can be a bi+ch sometimes.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by KFWA
I tend to think of Amazon as a well oiled machine that results in high earnings

versus

Facebook that just has a boatload of money and looks for ways to spend it without much vision - hence this metaverse nightmare they find themselves in

so I hate to hear Amazon is letting people go , especially from their tech division. Maybe they believe they have taken AI enabled devices as far as they can go

I hate to hear anyone losing jobs, even liberals. I still can't get over the solution to inflation is to derail the economy and make people lose jobs in order to cut demand.

I don't care if liberals get laid off. Fugk em

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
They were holding off on all the bad news until after the election, just like they did with the covid vaccine announcement after Slo Joe’s election even though they had it something like a month earlier.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Maybe they can learn to code.

Er...wait...uh... nevermind.

Apparently farming is pretty easy too. Just put seed in some dirt according to Brandon.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"You can find another job"

- J.Biden White house to XL pipeline workers.

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson
"You can find another job"

- J.Biden White house to XL pipeline workers.

That's stupid pedophile fugk needs to find another job.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Wait! I thought it was Musk that was an evil, corporate greedy, republican for laying people off. How could he dare be so heartless. Meta, Amazon laying people off, that's cool. Nothing to report on that.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
frankly, there are a number of folks that are just superfluous to need. Dig deep, they are either already on the dole, or getting ready to sign up.

Last edited by Mannlicher; 11/14/22.

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
2023 is going to be a lean year for a lot of people. At least those who just got laid off won't be using gasoline to go back and forth to work.

kwg

Last edited by kwg020; 11/14/22.

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
In Seattle many Amazon employees bought AMZN stock and made a million $.

Now in Seattle they need 2 or 3 Million $ to buy a house... thanks to Amazon.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Forgive a bit of topic drift here...I live deep in Appalachia West (nowheresville Calif). We never did get 2 day Amazon Prime, 2 day was 3 day...but now it's 6 or 7 day. Anybody else experiencing this?

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
This is the result of "Working Remotely"

It doesn't take too long for the bosses to figure out that Aadesh Singh in India will work from home at 25% of the wages you're making. Come to think of it, I should have gotten about 30 remote work jobs and hired someone in Punjab to do them all for me and kept the proceeds.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
But.................

joe said..........................................

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 11point, 007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 49 invisible), 2,521 guests, and 1,238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,360
Posts18,468,953
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.