Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Burris sucks,Meopta sucks,Zeiss sucks,Leica sucks,Leupold sucks and Sightron too. Hint................

Have you tried the vortex LHT 4.5-22x50? If so any thoughts?

GB1

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
The Trijicon stuff I’ve dialed with did it well.

A
acy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Akbob5
If you’re interested in Athlon, I have a HELOS BTR Gen 2 in the classifieds for $425.

Thanks for the heads up. I checked out your ad, and see that the scope you have is moa. I would prefer the mil in the Helos.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Black Friday swfa 3-15.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The 2-12x BTR Gen2 Mil/Mil is a Peach

+1

About to buy another. Don't see a better scope around in that price range and a good smidge above.

Originally Posted by AKwolverine
The original Bushnell lrhs has a solid track record if you can find one.

Yep. Suggest post a WTB in the classifieds here.

GAP still does the 4.5-18 LRHS2. Last one I bought was $939 IIRC.

Haul ass, haul ass! - Pappy
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Blacktailer
I have no experience with them but have noticed that Big Stick is pretty high on Arken lately. He does a lot of dialing and if you have ever seen any of his YouTube videos you know that he "tests" the durability of his equipment.
The only thing stick dials are them homo phone sex numbers. LOL

Coyotes shot no waiting.
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by acy
If you’re interested in Athlon, I have a HELOS BTR Gen 2 in the classifieds for $425.

Thanks for the heads up. I checked out your ad, and see that the scope you have is moa. I would prefer the mil in the Helos.

I as well. Thank you for looking. Bought them on a whim and decided to stay Mil across the board. Still for the MOA man, it’s a good deal.

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by acy
any decent scope is going to have glass that is good enough to do what rifle scope glass is supposed to do.

Your point is fair enough though I can’t say that I 100% agree.

Just last month I had a deer at last light that I could clearly see through my Meopta 15x56 at 50 yards, in timber. For the life of me I couldn’t even pick up its outline in my SS 6x42 mil-quad and certainly couldn’t have made a responsible shot. Good thing it was a spike and I had no desire to shoot it anyhow. I can think of 3-4 other such instances. They’re awesome mechanically but the glass is sub par in low light and wasn’t “good enough” for me.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by irfubar
May I suggest Athlon... the higher end models of course

Can you see the reticles on lower power without illumination at low light with the Midas or Ares? The thin reticle has been my hang up.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I barely have 100's of scopes,to the crying chagrin of Melting Snowflakes everywhere. Hint. LAUGHING!

The 2-12x BTR Gen2 Mil/Mil is a Peach,though I "only" have double digits of them. Everyone who visits,procures same. Hint................

Post some pictures of game taken using said optics.

It'll be fun. wink

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Zeiss Hd5

A
acy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Originally Posted by acy
any decent scope is going to have glass that is good enough to do what rifle scope glass is supposed to do.

Your point is fair enough though I can’t say that I 100% agree.

Just last month I had a deer at last light that I could clearly see through my Meopta 15x56 at 50 yards, in timber. For the life of me I couldn’t even pick up its outline in my SS 6x42 mil-quad and certainly couldn’t have made a responsible shot. Good thing it was a spike and I had no desire to shoot it anyhow. I can think of 3-4 other such instances. They’re awesome mechanically but the glass is sub par in low light and wasn’t “good enough” for me.

I can certainly respect your analysis. Are you going to swap out the SWFA? If so, what are you going with? My main goal in that statement was to try to make it clear that my emphasis is on the internals. Seems like some people are more interested in the glass than anything else.(Not suggesting you are one of those guys) "Doesn't track, isn't repeatable and barely holds zero, but damn, it has great glass."----- That's not what I'm interested in. I, too, have passed up shots on animals a couple of times that I could pick up with my binoculars, but not the scope. Life is full of tradeoffs.

Edit to add that the Meopta scope I mentioned in my original post has glass as good as any I've personally seen in a scope. As it was getting dark this evening I was watching several deer at the far end of my pond, about 250 yards, against a mixed pine and hardwood backdrop. I could check for antlers with my binoculars for a couple of minutes longer than I could with the scope.

Last edited by acy; 11/14/22.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I am not sure, for right now at least.
The vast majority of my shots happen in broad daylight and light transmission normally isn't an issue. SWFA's reliability and utility make up a lot of that lost ground.

I may try a few brands/models mentioned in this thread and if I find a hemi that still gets the good gas mileage, I would consider swapping that SWFA out but as of right now I am not aware of a better option that exists for what my overall needs are. The S&B PMII is another that I plan to look into.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I barely have 100's of scopes,to the crying chagrin of Melting Snowflakes everywhere. Hint. LAUGHING!

The 2-12x BTR Gen2 Mil/Mil is a Peach,though I "only" have double digits of them. Everyone who visits,procures same. Hint................

It'll be fun. wink

Pictures of game? Who has time for that silliness when there's fish pictures to be taken. He seems to do a very good job of the staged rainbow tape photos. Recent pics of dead animals? LOLOLOLOLOL

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

It'll be fun. wink

Pictures of game? Who has time for that silliness when there's fish pictures to be taken. He seems to do a very good job of the staged rainbow tape photos. Recent pics of dead animals? LOLOLOLOLOL

Do you have some pictures of bucks you've killed in the past 5 years? Animals you've shot long range? Anything?

What if Jessie's girl is Stacy's mom, and her phone number is 867-5309
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by acy

FWIW, we are offering the Athlon Helos BTR GEN2 2-12x42 for an insanely low price during our Black Friday week sale, however, as members here all you need to do is call us, 516-217-1000, as many of you already have to get that pricing now

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dave_Spn
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

It'll be fun. wink

Do you have some pictures of bucks you've killed in the past 5 years? Animals you've shot long range? Anything?

I have bagged some Boone and Crockett class sock puppets.

But my real cred is in my staged pics.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
Originally Posted by acy

FWIW, we are offering the Athlon Helos BTR GEN2 2-12x42 for an insanely low price during our Black Friday week sale, however, as members here all you need to do is call us, 516-217-1000, as many of you already have to get that pricing now

If you're looking for a good scope and pricing I wouldn't be passing this up... I'll be ordering one of these in the next couple days....

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by AU338MAG
Zeiss V4 Conquest scopes are good dialers
You sir are correct and very repeatable.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by ShaunRyan
The 2-12x BTR Gen2 Mil/Mil is a Peach

+1

About to buy another. Don't see a better scope around in that price range and a good smidge above.

Open Box... $479...

Going to try one of these on the 93Jimbo build...

Thanks Stick, SR and Doug...

Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
Originally Posted by acy

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

180 members (10gaugemag, 260madman, 338reddog, 5sdad, 360bull, 1_deuce, 31 invisible), 1,289 guests, and 1,045 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,219
Posts18,447,462
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.