24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
221 Fireball is like 223 Rem, just a complete sleeper that rewards a good handloader with excellence. I have one, a dumpster special made out of a set-back barrel on a cheapie action. I wasn't interested until Lil Gun happened, and still, I didn't want to sink too much into trying it.

Well, my goodness, what a joy to work with and shoot. Get the dang thing. What it does with 35s and 40s is all you could ever ask for.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why the gun makers are not flooding the market with the Fireball is beyond my other than $$$. I have an XP100 and wish I had the rifle to go along with it. 45 grain bullets with a tad bit of powder and you have the almost perfect small caliber center fire firearm. It's a blast.

kwg

Last edited by kwg020; 11/14/22.

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I really like the basic case but I just prefer to neck it down to 20. As in VarTrag.

MOLON LABE
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Just buy the rifle You'll love it.

MOLON LABE
L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L
Save the money. Brass is expensive. Load your 223 to 221 data .

IC B2

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
LV Hunter: These days what Rifle brass is NOT expensive???
In my experience with careful handloading the 221 Remington Fireball brass has a VERY, VERY long lifespan!
I wonder if Skeet330 ever bought that CZ Rifle in caliber 221 Remington Fireball?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I had one in a Sako Vixon action and loved it. It is the only rifle I have ever owned that I can truly say that I shot the barrel out on (that is a LOT of shooting). Like a dumb butt I sold it and wish I still had it. I did buy another one in a Remington 700 LVSF but could not warm up to the bigger action. There was something about that little Vixon that pulls at my heart strings.
It has been many years ago now but I think I was using 40 gr bullets and 2400 powder.

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My Vixen will be off for a new .221 FB barrel right after New Years.
Having trouble finding brass, but did score 13 boxes of Nosler ammo at a local gunshow a couple weeks ago. Between that and some reformed .223, I should be fine for a while.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The rear fun is making it a 17 fireball. Chop the barrel to 18 inches. Add a suppressor. Load it with 20 grain vmaxes @4100+. They will explode starlings in to feather puffs and small meat chunks. Recoil is pretty much about like a springer BB gun. But it’s varmint capable to 350+. My cz527 in 17 fireball is my all time favorite rifle to shoot. It’s retired most of my rimfire even.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Cumminscowboy: I share your excitement over the 17 Remington Fireball and have for a very long time!
Back in 1994 I had a well known bench rest Riflesmith put together a custom, heavy barrel (Shilen stainless steel 26 1/2" long!) Rifle in caliber 17 MachIV (the twin of the later to be factory offered 17 Remington Fireball).
This Rifle was/is so amazingly accurate (weighs 11 pounds 4 ounces) that I have killed Prairie Dogs and Rock Chucks with it to 500 yards. My preferred bullet for this Rifle is the wonderfully accurate and wonderfully lethal Berger 25 grainers.
Then in 2,007 when Remington first brought out the 17 Remington Fireball I bought a new Remington 700 VSF (Varmint Synthetic Fluted) in this caliber.
It came out of the box shooting factory ammo into 1/2" and less groups (five shots at 100 yards)! I have a Nikon Monarch 6.5x20 variable scope on this rig.
I am constantly impressed with the accuracy, performance and lethality of this diminutive cartridge.
Over on the Powder River a couple years ago I killed an adult Coyote with one shot from this 17 Fireball at a laser ranged 410 yards. That Coyote had "hung-up" and would not come any closer - it sat down on its haunches and yipped at us. I was hesitant to try a shot at that range on that large a Varmint but its what I had along and it was my shot.
Crack... dead right there.
My 700 VSF uses/prefers the Berger 25 grainers as well.
To my point, I think your "350 yard capable" estimate for Varmints is selling the 17 Remington Fireball a bit short.
Long live the 221 Fireball "family" of cartridges.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
VarmintGal,

You are a Lying Piece Of CLUELESS Fhuqking Schit...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Dangle a pic of said wares and muse how you arrange POA/POI,in your Delusional Day Dreams. HINT.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Love the Fireballs. Have a CZ 527 in 221fb that was probably the most accurate rifle I had shooting factory ammo. It, unfortunately, doesn’t get much use these days since I picked up a Remington M7 Predator in 17fb. The Fireballs are just fun to shoot. IMHO. Dave

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Dangle a pic of said wares

No problem.........

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

J Sipp & Son Custom Sako, 221 Fireball

ya!

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by geedubya
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Dangle a pic of said wares

No problem.........

J Sipp & Son Custom Sako, 221 Fireball

ya!

GWB

Glenn,

Stumpy ain't going to be impressed with those...

1.Not camo'ed with his daughter's teen era nail polish...
2. No rust on the barrel, action or scope mounts, like his has
3. No shortened barrel, courtesy of a hack saw...
4. Too conservative looking in nice shape no less..

5. Tip: If you want to impress Schtick, think things looking like you'd find them in the Grinche's House Trailer... Rusty, beat to crap, not maintained, covered in rust from being cleaned in the creek with a brillo pad.. rifle laying next to a dead shot fish....in the water...

Happy New Year down there in Texas my friend...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Seafire
Stumpy ain't going to be impressed with those...

1.Not camo'ed with his daughter's teen era nail polish...
2. No rust on the barrel, action or scope mounts, like his has
3. No shortened barrel, courtesy of a hack saw...
4. Too conservative looking in nice shape no less..

5. Tip: If you want to impress Schtick, think things looking like you'd find them in the Grinche's House Trailer... Rusty, beat to crap, not maintained, covered in rust from being cleaned in the creek with a brillo pad.. rifle laying next to a dead shot fish....in the water...

Happy New Year down there in Texas my friend...

Back at ya!

BTW, not so much to impress.

Figured since this thread had already been stepped on..................

ya!

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
small twig: You don't even know what you are cursing about do you?
Go back under your rock... PLEASE!
And stay there.
Or go throw another gun in a river you stupid ass.
He-he.
Laughing, at small twig so often anymore, is getting boring.
You have to feel sorry for such a small man!
Oh well - takes all kinds.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
VarmintGal,

What were the "odds" of your being a CLUELESS Fhuqk and a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit to boot...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You "forgot" about your "heralded" Imaginary Pretend Ignore,yet again. Hint.

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart,for Lying,Crying,Whining and Trying.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
small twig: You don't even know what you are cursing about do you?
Go back under your rock... PLEASE!
And stay there.
Or go throw another gun in a river you stupid ass.
He-he.
Laughing, at small twig so often anymore, is getting boring.
You have to feel sorry for such a small man!
Oh well - takes all kinds.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

He laughs cause of the few he has hoodwinked into believe he actually has any credibility whatsoever.

A mere fart in a duststorm.

Best advice given is when there is silence on his two week benders when he can't see the screen on the basement clickety clack.

New year big shtick, time to throw more money at the moderator so he can continue to look the other way and kiss your ass.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
KenBitchagain,

Keep extolling your countless very WELL founded Insecurities,as you reiterate that how besides being a Drooling CLUELESS Fhuqk,that you too also just "happen" to be a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

What do you "do" for a "living",which mandate your Whining Brokedicktitude? Been a couple days,since a new rifle landed here. Hint.

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart,for Lying,Crying,Whining and Trying though.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.....................

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
136 members (16penny, 257_X_50, 338Rules, 444Matt, 32_20fan, 358WCF, 17 invisible), 1,902 guests, and 910 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,659
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.