Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
Am i the only one that cashes postal money orders at the bank and not the post office?
I have never had a problem cashing them,

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Mac1978
The ole postal money order isnt worth the paper it is printed on. And why in the world would you want to pay the gubment a fee to make them a short term loan on an instrument they may or may not cash based on funds at post office? Oh… and your time associated with going to try to cash it. Its 2022, click the dang button and quit being paranoid.
If your talking click PP, screw that. They screwed me without lube.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by 7887mm08
Am i the only one that cashes postal money orders at the bank and not the post office?

No.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
USPS money order, personal check, business check, cash if they want to risk it. I quit using electronic payment.
Ronnie

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I do it all the time.

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Usually, especially living in Montana, when I purchase out of state, it's way too far for me to drive to do an in person cash money deal.
Originally Posted by copperhead
What is your preferred method for purchase of a firearm out of state and secure funds payment?
Originally Posted by MrWilson
In person and cash money !
I usually pay in the manner in which the seller wants, assuming I'm comfortable enough to do the deal. When I'm selling, I always let the buyer choose his preferred method of payment between personal check, postal money order or online payment.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by River_Ridge
I do it all the time.

Same here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by River_Ridge
I do it all the time.

My bank hates USPS MO's and have told me numerous times that they are often faked. I think part of the PITA for them is because they need to enter the zipcode of where it was purchased, just like checking on-line to make sure it is real.

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by timspawn
As far as payments, there is nothing safer than a bank or personal check. I take personal checks all the time and actually prefer them over all other payment forms.

This ^

It is not about what you kill, it is about the hunt....
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Personal check, buying and selling. Driving 40 miles round trip just to buy a MO is a PIA.

What if Jessie's girl is Stacy's mom, and her phone number is 867-5309
IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
I don't mind receiving MO's, never a problem depositing at the bank. Sending them is my gripe with them, entirely because our understaffed PO always means a half hour wait in line to buy one. (It seems I always show up when newbies are applying/renewing passports or trying to cluelessly mail stuff. I die a small death whenever I have to stand in line for something.)

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I used to use PayPal or USPS money order. I cancelled PayPal and have stopped using USPS money orders, they were a hassle to buy and cash.

Personal checks have been my preferred method of payment recently.

“One thorn of experience is worth a whole wilderness of warning.” - James Russell Lowell
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Selling, Cash, Personal check or USPS MO. No electronic payment of any kind.

If seller demands electronic payment in ad ...I go away.

Will buy with personal check only. Don't have time to futz around at PO.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I like PO money orders. I know they are often counterfeited but you can call an 800 phone number that the PO maintains to verify their validity.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Dinny
Originally Posted by Mac1978
The ole postal money order isnt worth the paper it is printed on. And why in the world would you want to pay the gubment a fee to make them a short term loan on an instrument they may or may not cash based on funds at post office? Oh… and your time associated with going to try to cash it. Its 2022, click the dang button and quit being paranoid.

I deposit mine in the convenience of my home. Nary a problem.

I deposit mine at my bank, narry an issue.... I have NEVER tried to cash one at the post office.......... they don't keep 100s in the drawer...

I have purchased a MO, then had the deal go south..... took the money order 'from me', made out to 'someone else'..... told the bank and they cashed then and there, narry an issue....

You can track MOs on the USPO website, tells you if it was purchased and if it has been cashed...

So far ALL of the MOs that I have purchased or received for payment have been worth the dollar amount printed on the MO....

But, YMMV

I'll take cash, check or USPO MO........ I don't do PP

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Paypal has worked well for me. Post office lost a check one time , it was a nightmare and took a long time to clear up with the buyer

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (10gaugeman, 1_deuce, 222Sako, 222ND, 10Glocks, 1234, 64 invisible), 2,612 guests, and 1,335 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,671
Posts18,456,003
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.