Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by pal
I think it is absolutely crazy to buy a brand new boat, at those prices, when you can buy one that's hardly been used for a fraction of that.

Used boat prices are crazy high

GB2

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I have a 20 ft tuffy osprey pro series tiller with a Suzuki df 115 on it I'd let go for 15,000.00. Great big water boat. It's on the Illinois Wisconsin border though.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
There was a well known member here ( it seemed ) with a very nice boat motor and trailer and a decent price. I think it was 17’ deep v package. He was from down near Des Moines. I contacted him on it last year and I thought it a sharp deal but too small for what I do.
Maybe you could find him? He initially posted it here in the classifieds.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don't and have never fished for walleye but if it's mostly trolling I would look at a Pacific Northwest style aluminum boat .... you can get them as small as 16' up to bigger than you can tow. Can get a full canvas top, 1/2 top/ 3/4, etc. but I would go for the hard top with a heater.... can fish in some pretty nasty weather and stay dry and comfy.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hardway
I don't and have never fished for walleye but if it's mostly trolling I would look at a Pacific Northwest style aluminum boat .... you can get them as small as 16' up to bigger than you can tow. Can get a full canvas top, 1/2 top/ 3/4, etc. but I would go for the hard top with a heater.... can fish in some pretty nasty weather and stay dry and comfy.

That doesn't leave much room for fishing.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
You mean, like this?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Here is a stock photo of something similar in tiller configuration:

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle
You mean, like this?

That's more like it.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hardway

Nice boat!

Similar to the Kingfisher, I agree with you on the hard top with the heater, especially if you are a Hard-Core Fisherman and you target multiple species and fish three seasons on larger bodies of water like Lake Ontario.

This type of boat is better suited for a fishing guide than the average fisherman.

Cheers ~

Last edited by KillerBee; 11/14/22.

KB

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Hard tops are popular here in the NW on 22”+ boats used in saltwater. They are great for trolling when it’s nasty out. They also do well for bottom fishing. However, they are a bit much in my opinion for most freshwater applications other than maybe the Great Lakes.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Hard tops are popular here in the NW on 22”+ boats used in saltwater. They are great for trolling when it’s nasty out. They also do well for bottom fishing. However, they are a bit much in my opinion for most freshwater applications other than maybe the Great Lakes.

I use them for the Pacific, where a real boat is a MUST~

Love the Kingfisher

Last edited by KillerBee; 11/14/22.

KB

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
You folks sure like some pricy$ boats, power to you.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by KillerBee

Love the Kingfisher

How big is the gas tank? Bet the long run to the tuna wouldn’t be so bad in that!

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by KillerBee

Love the Kingfisher

How big is the gas tank? Bet the long run to the tuna wouldn’t be so bad in that!

Not Sure, the boat belongs to one of my Guides where I go fishing out of Prince Rupert BC. The boat is FANTASTIC!

Would be a Killer Tuna Boat no doubt!

KB

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Those shiny fish don’t look like walleye !

Walleye boats - depend where you fish… as to what you need.

Common no-brainer…

A bow trolling motor is required to pull worm harnesses (slow troll)
A kicker motor is required to pull lead and lures (1.3-3.X mph trolling)

the second one CAN bite you in the tail…. Because used boats often have the largest motor on them, so you can’t get a kicker on it, and then you end up back trolling which sucks…. you can use trolling bags and run your big engine at idle but you won’t have the speed control you need to do a good job… which is why the pro boats for walleye have not only a kicker but troll control electronics…

The stupid fish bite based on speed, then color and shape…

So the rest you can screw with pretty easy - those 2 you can not.
one last thing - lithium batteries last twice as long as lead acid and weight half as much so it’s a good idea to get those if you can afford it.

the only other big ticket items is boat electronics -

Side & down view Humingbird rules the roost.

If you are actively fishing points or especially Crappie - Garmin's live scope is killing everything out there.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I have 80# 24v on both of my boats. They are more powerful and last longer than a single battery.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
This is my ALL-TIME FAVORITE WALLEYE LURE!

The Lucky Strike June Bug with a leach hammers them, they simply cannot resist!

Last edited by KillerBee; 11/15/22.

KB

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Calvin
Originally Posted by pal
I think it is absolutely crazy to buy a brand new boat, at those prices, when you can buy one that's hardly been used for a fraction of that.

Used boat prices are crazy high

This has sure been the case

I think things are starting to get back inline a bit

Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I personally do not buy anything new; you drive off the lot taking a big $$$ loss. I prefer someone else to take the hit, does that make me a smart or bad man? lol

KB

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I also like to buy used. People talk about their boats , but the hours on the meter show they dont use them much and many are toys that they play with, get bored and sick of paying payment and take up room. Then they sell them.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
644 members (257Bob, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 222ND, 160user, 70 invisible), 2,854 guests, and 1,407 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,656
Posts18,399,278
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.