Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
In my opinion, he didn't get NEAR enough....... 😠

https://www.indystar.com/story/news...-band-poaching-wild-turkeys/69648212007/

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Punishment was not harsh enough.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
What a pusey

Medics bury their mistakes..
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Who the h3ll writes the date and State a turkey was killed in on the spent shotgun hulls? That seems very odd

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Dinny
What a pusey

SOMEBODY had to say it...........

grin

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 10Glocks
Punishment was not harsh enough.

With that last name, his punishment started when he came aught the womb.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
well I have to ask, if he poached, (breaking the law) why would not allowing them to buy a licence stop from continuing to break a law?

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by pullit
well I have to ask, if he poached, (breaking the law) why would not allowing them to buy a licence stop from continuing to break a law?

Well, he will be sepnding 4 whole days in jail. So there's that.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
We've got a whole family like that right up the road. Bag limits, season dates and posted signs don't mean squat to them. They hunt when and where they damn well please. Several family members have been busted. A couple of the brothers multiple times. Fines have been levied, licenses suspended and it means little to them. They continue to hunt without licenses. The last time they were busted, two of the brothers bragged to the wrong person that they had killed 17 bucks between them that fall. Several of them before the season opened and some at night with a spot light. If they were poor and poaching for food it wouldn't be so bad but these people own a logging company and a restaurant and have several hundred acres of their own which they post the hell out of. I've heard them joke that the fines mean little as it's just pocket change. I don't think any of them have gotten any significant jail time out of it yet. White trash with money. They remind me of the Biden family on a smaller, more localized scale.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

IC B3

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

Yep....

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Well he at least wore camo.... what a dumb butt. Wish the camera was clear enough to have gotten the tag number on the truck

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Well he at least wore camo.... what a dumb butt. Wish the camera was clear enough to have gotten the tag number on the truck

Surely someone will recognize the truck, the person, or hear the poacher bragging. Rarely do young men S,S,S.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

Maybe it's a set-up. He's definitely on their radar now. Maybe there are others involved who haven't been flushed out or LE didn't have enough evidence against them.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
He probably posed with that bird he poached and posted it on some website, no doubt with a wild story about calling it in.

I saw a West Virginia study on wild turkey mortality and illegal mortality accounted for more turkey deaths and legal hunting, by a wide margin.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Current discussion on The Bear Grease podcast is going deep under cover for some of these poaching rings back in the 90's. I found it interesting.

https://www.themeateater.com/listen/bear-grease/ep-78-secret-agent-man-r-t-stewart-part-1
On this episode of the Bear Grease Podcast, we’re going deep undercover in the rough country of Southeast Ohio to learn about the secret lives of wildlife poachers AND the life of an undercover wildlife agent by the name of RT Stewart. He worked 18 years for the Ohio Department of Natural Resources, and in the 1990s, was one of the lead agents on the largest turkey poaching sting in US history. He’s a decorated law enforcement officer, known for going deep undercover – even years at a time -- and was willing to do whatever it took to bust outlaws. In his career, he never had a single one of his target suspects not be convicted of crimes. If the bad guys had known him, they’d have feared him, but they didn’t, because he was a ghost. We’ll hear from author Chip Gross, who wrote the book “Poachers Were My Prey” about Mr. Stewart and we’ll interview Dr. Mathew Sharps of California State University, author of “Processing Under Pressure: Stress, Memory, and Decision Making in Law Enforcement” about the psychology of undercover agents, and the personal cost that comes with living a lie. In this first episode of the series, we’ll meet RT and he’ll show the life of undercover agent – on part 2 – you’ll hear about his biggest undercover job. You’ll laugh, you’ll be intrigued, and you’ll cry on this one boys. We really doubt you’re going to want to miss this one…

https://www.themeateater.com/listen/bear-grease/ep-80-secret-agent-man-operation-redbud-part-2
On this 2nd episode in our Secret Agent Man series we’re going deep into the trenches of the darkside with undercover Ohio wildlife agent RT Stewart to get the full story on Operation Redbud, which at the time, was the largest turkey poaching sting in US history. RT is going to take us on a tour in the Poach Coach and we'll hear how he videoed over 100 illegal turkey kills in two springs. How would you like to see that on VHS tape? He’ll talk about the incredible owl hooting of his number one target, and take us right into the courtroom where the defense lawyers tried to discredit his character with accusations regarding drugs and alcohol. We’ll hear from Darth Vader, Bill Clinton and get the details of the coordinated bust involving 26 men and over 275 wildlife violations in Morgan County, Ohio. If you skip this story, you’re just plain yeller. I really doubt you’re gunna wanna miss this one.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
four days in jail

with the last name of Pusey.

stay tuned!

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
Should have fined him more. Idiot

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by longarm
Who the h3ll writes the date and State a turkey was killed in on the spent shotgun hulls? That seems very odd

A "TROPHY" hunter! 😖

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
https://vimeo.com/5680646

Tell me this ain't Jimmy Houston

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (1minute, 17CalFan, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 61 invisible), 2,097 guests, and 1,163 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,744
Posts18,457,732
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.