Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by LFC
Originally Posted by LFC
Maybe we could take up a collection and buy Big Slick a 21st Century primer.

(I bet ol'slick could probably afford one if he stopped buying all those Harbor Freight Chinese scupes and lewding tewels...hint hint)

I'll donate 25 cents towards the purchase.

So far we have only 25 cents towards your hand primer Big Slick.

You might be destined to eat Chinese chit the rest of yer days....

I'd pay 25cts to get you to shutthehellllup.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Jordan,

I never really liked priming on my Dillon and tend not to. If you can shoot a Single Shot faster than an AR,it ain't the AR's "fault". I have lots of priming tools and none of 'em are that slow. Hint................(grin)

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by LFC

Sure is a beauty Slick....

Seems like a lot of money to prime case in the slowest way possible.

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Blacktails
Thanks for sharing that BF code. Just ordered their hand primer along with some other things, and got free shipping too. 👍

Before the Black Friday sale ended I ordered one these too....kind of tricky to operate the wheel at first once you figure out the wheel placement it works.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Jordan,

I never really liked priming on my Dillon and tend not to. If you can shoot a Single Shot faster than an AR,it ain't the AR's "fault". I have lots of priming tools and none of 'em are that slow. Hint................(grin)
As mentioned, one issue with the FA that causes minor delays is that the primers tend to clog on occasion when transitioning from tray to tool, which isn’t the case with other tray-fed priming tools I’ve owned and used.

The point of the hasty comparison above is to show the relative time difference between methods when using the same process for all three. The absolute times would assuredly be cut across the board if I skipped the QC/QA steps. But like I said, if I’m really in a hurry to pump out volume, it’s hard to beat the Dillon.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've yet to see the FA bobble in such a manner. The nice thing about the FA feed mechanism,is that it's FOOLPROOF,in that only a single primer can be fed at a time,which by default,negates bobbles. Hint.

I get what you were trying to convey,but David Copperfield can't finger fhuqk primers as fast as an unerring gravity fed tray,where all is contained and clean. 'Course I wasn't "blessed" with Lady Fingers either,so that's on me! Pun be intended. Hint.

My process isn't to load in a hurry,as I'm unfortunately both methodical and analytical,which allows much to be simply engineered out. The ONLY reason I'm Loading to begin with,is to roll GOOD ammo,wearing a bullet of my choice,in the location of my choice. I'll not cuss my 550B(I like Manual control),but it is,what it is and I personally never liked priming on Blue(any flavor). Hint.

My "trouble" is,that I never Load in lots of less than 100,if only because that's how primers are packaged. I keep GOOD notes,tend to mark ammo boxes well and shoot in a volume very few could begin to fathom,which incorporates 100's of barrels. Though I hung up Scattergun Loading many moons ago,I never set individual pellets in the cup either. Hint.(grin)

R&D is half the fun,but backwards is never forwards. Hint................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Never owned a Dillion press....too many gadgets to suit me.

I have owned several turret top presses a Hollywood and a Hornady hard to beat the stability of a Rock Chucker.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've yet to see the FA bobble in such a manner. The nice thing about the FA feed mechanism,is that it's FOOLPROOF,in that only a single primer can be fed at a time,which by default,negates bobbles. Hint.

I get what you were trying to convey,but David Copperfield can't finger fhuqk primers as fast as an unerring gravity fed tray,where all is contained and clean. 'Course I wasn't "blessed" with Lady Fingers either,so that's on me! Pun be intended. Hint.

My process isn't to load in a hurry,as I'm unfortunately both methodical and analytical,which allows much to be simply engineered out. The ONLY reason I'm Loading to begin with,is to roll GOOD ammo,wearing a bullet of my choice,in the location of my choice. I'll not cuss my 550B(I like Manual control),but it is,what it is and I personally never liked priming on Blue(any flavor). Hint.

My "trouble" is,that I never Load in lots of less than 100,if only because that's how primers are packaged. I keep GOOD notes,tend to mark ammo boxes well and shoot in a volume very few could begin to fathom,which incorporates 100's of barrels. Though I hung up Scattergun Loading many moons ago,I never set individual pellets in the cup either. Hint.(grin)

R&D is half the fun,but backwards is never forwards. Hint................
In my FA, it’s the stopper slide on which primers bridge and hang up on occasion before they reach the throat of the tool. Not a big deal, but hampers the speed advantage of having an attached primer tray.

It wouldn’t hurt my feelings if the Sinclair or 21st had an attached tray, but not having one isn’t as big a deal as many make it out to be, and I get the feeling that the absence of a tray may be intentional.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Have never had the issue,so can't speak to it,but there's not much there and a glitch would be easily resolved. Hint.

If I didn't have to finger fhuqk every primer,I'd be in...but alas. Undoubtedly the lack of a tray wasn't an "oversight",but their audience isn't folks who shoot as much as me,which isn't a criticism. Hint...............

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
i want a tray on my hand primer i don`t wanna spend that much time putting one primer in each time for each brass case that seems boring !

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Have never had the issue,so can't speak to it,but there's not much there and a glitch would be easily resolved. Hint.

If I didn't have to finger fhuqk every primer,I'd be in...but alas. Undoubtedly the lack of a tray wasn't an "oversight",but their audience isn't folks who shoot as much as me,which isn't a criticism. Hint...............
Yeah, the problem wouldn’t be hard to fix, but it’s really not a big issue to me that warrants addressing.

21stCentury used to sell a model with primer tray, and I wonder why they quit.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by pete53
i want a tray on my hand primer i don`t wanna spend that much time putting one primer in each time for each brass case that seems boring !
Yeah, that extra 0.9 seconds to prime each case is a deal breaker! grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My process isn't to load in a hurry,as I'm unfortunately both methodical and analytical,which allows much to be simply engineered out. The ONLY reason I'm Loading to begin with,is to roll GOOD ammo,wearing a bullet of my choice,in the location of my choice.
BTW, I’m with you there, which is a big part of why I’m willing to spend an extra 0.9 seconds handling each primer. I tend not to be in a rush when loading ammo.

I get it that not everyone wants to handle primers one at a time, bit it’s really not a big deal to me.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
While a lovely Theory,it ain't Reality. With the FA and a shred of coordination,the next primer is lying in wait,long before the next unprimed case hits the shellholder. 'Course you needn't secure same,ala Sinclair. In the course of 100 primers,it gets purty ugly,purty quick and that by literal design. Hint.

I really don't wanna finger fhuqk many 1000's of primers,in the course of a year. Hint.............

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
While a lovely Theory,it ain't Reality. With the FA and a shred of coordination,the next primer is lying in wait,long before the next unprimed case hits the shellholder. 'Course you needn't secure same,ala Sinclair. In the course of 100 primers,it gets purty ugly,purty quick and that by literal design. Hint.

I really don't wanna finger fhuqk many 1000's of primers,in the course of a year. Hint.............
Understood. I "suffer through" manually handling several thousand primers per year, but I get why a guy might not want to. I'm not sure how many thousands you go through in a year, but the per-primer time difference adds up the more a guy shoots, so I don't hold it against anyone that shoots a lot and wants an attached primer tray.

Having said that, with a bit of process design, it's possible to grab a case and with the same hand grab a primer while en route to the shellholder. Granted, it's not quite as fast as an attached tray, but it's not much slower, either.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I still love you. Hint.................(grin)

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
LOL

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I understand we’re debating on tenths of seconds here but some have real struggles. Some are waiting from 8-10 minutes between shots to get accurate groups. Keep in mind that is with standard barrels not carbon wrapped barrels.

Maybe forces could be joined and we can get past our differences in seconds spent priming brass when some have to wait ten minutes between shots. Do you fine gentlemen have any advice where a brother in arms can say make a 3 shot group in less than a episode of full house? Let’s put our differences assure and work for the greater good of our shooting community.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Oh hash tag range time matters.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I got the FA version as referenced here. Liking it alot so far.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

509 members (16penny, 12344mag, 160user, 17CalFan, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 39 invisible), 1,802 guests, and 1,111 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,230
Posts18,447,730
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.