Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Fotis Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I have a varmint barrel 17 HMR which actually shoots better than I do. I do have access to great P-dog fields with endless possibilities on shots. I currently have a Burris 3x9x40 E-1 an Athlon BTR Gen II 2x12x40 illuminated, 6x18 Nikon mildot AO, and some others scopes.

What would you scope this with? I know I am overthinking this but hey that's what rifle loonies do.

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I have a Weaver V16 on a Marlin 917 and a V24 on a Savage 93R17 with a Heavy Green Mountain barrel. If there is room, I always try to bring a rifle in 17HMR along on pdog shoots to use when the centerfire rifles are cooling down and to shoot g-squirrels out to 150 or so yards.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Do elaborate on said piece of fhuqking schit. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Do no "forget" that you "can't read" this,due your heralded Imaginary Pretend Ignore,you CLUELESS Lying Piece Of Brokedick Fhuqking Schit. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have a Burris Signature HD 3-15x44 on my CZ 457 17HMR. Great scope, bright, clear, easy to dial - no colored electrical tape necessary. Can see chucks sitting way back in the dark rock shadows and still whack em.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
In fact I like it so much that I have the same on my Bergara BMR Steel .22LR and Bergara 6.5CM.

Last edited by centershot; 11/17/22.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The Burris cited,is a fhuqking pile of schit,that won't/can't hold zero,track or repeat. It's SFP to boot,with a Dog Schit reticle. Hint.

If it "helps" your Imagination and Pretend,I've never seen a piece of fhuqking schit CZ Hummer. Hint.

Nor a 22LR. Hint.

You Whining Brokedick CLUELESS Fhuqks are a HOOT! Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I put a Hawke Endurance on a 22wmr which was calibrated for that cartridge and I love it. They had same for other rimfire, you might look into that

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I don't know why the Athlon wouldn't serve you well Fotis.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Jeezus Fhuqking Gawd...I'm fhuqking CRYING I'm laughing soooooooooo hard!!!! Hint.

Do "tell" about this "MAGICAL" "calibration" and perhaps dangle a picture of said piece of fhuqking schit,for even more oblivious HILARITY. Dare ya'! Hint.

Simply pass the 40++ Mil MQ erector,an etched 10 Mil reticle and it will unerringly jive with EVERY fhuqking bullet/chambering on the fhuqking Planet,to within 1/10th Mil. Read that again. Now one more time,but slooowwwlllllllllly. HINT!

You CLUELESS Drooling Fhuqktards never disappoint,by simply doing your BEST. Paula likes to PROVE same. Hint.

Fortunately for her,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even she can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
As I'm getting older I like as much magnification as I can get to do the job these days. The 4-16 Arken I got a while back is a heck of a lot of glass for the money and works great. I actually have bigger glass on a couple of my vermin rigs- in the 6-24 and 6-18 range and like them even better if the shots are more than 100 yards out. Hoping to take a trip to the prairie poodle fields next spring and really test some of the hardware to see how it performs at extreme range, but for my squirrel/sage rat endeavors out to about 200-250 yards with the rimfires I like the higher power units and the Arken and Athlons are quickly becoming my favorites..

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Fotis Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I don't know why the Athlon wouldn't serve you well Fotis.

Thatis what I am thinking...

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It is EPIC fhuqking hilarity,that you two Drooltards joined "forces",to deduce that the scope wearing the .3 Mil center dot...is THE way to roll. Kudos on doing your BEST! Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Fhuqking LAUGHING ........is so.... right ......Fhuqking Hint!

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
I use the Burris FFII with the Ballistic Plex reticle on mine, it's just fine out to the distances where an HMR has any guts left in it. It runs out of gas about 175 yards, no need to scope it for longer than that. I've made shots with mine out to 250 yards, but the dog laid on the mound and kicked air for a couple of minutes after. Not my idea of a clean kill.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
crisco,

There's zero need to lubricate your Emotions,as you can't keep them from fhuqking falling out of you...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I'm purty sweet on my Garrow Hummers too(because they an't Blowback) and now you have yet another Dream to Google. Hint.

snooker,

You TELL 'em,it's ALL about the schitty fhuqking scope and a "Ballistic Plex"! Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I'm getting ready to give the 4-12 Tract rimfire a-go on my 1517 Annie. The Torics have been great for me, so I'll give their rimfire model a try.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
KyJelly,

I'm at a "loss",as I've never seen an "Annie"...but if I had,they'd be 54's. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!............

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Fotis
I have a varmint barrel 17 HMR which actually shoots better than I do. I do have access to great P-dog fields with endless possibilities on shots. I currently have a Burris 3x9x40 E-1 an Athlon BTR Gen II 2x12x40 illuminated, 6x18 Nikon mildot AO, and some others scopes.

What would you scope this with? I know I am overthinking this but hey that's what rifle loonies do.

I've no hummers, but some 22mags and a couple 17AH's. They all wear the old Weaver 4-16's which have worked real well for many years. Even on the rimfires I don't think 16x is too much. Shooting at little things it's nice to make them look big. I'd go with another 4-16 or even something to 20x.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Fotis

Any of the scopes above are OK IMHO. I personally use S&B 2.5-1.x56 on my Anschutz 1717D.
Since the .17HMR has center fire range, I would not use a rim fire scope.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sweetie,

Your keyboard is slurring and the fhuqking STUPIDITY is soaking your bib. Hint.

Wow +P++!

Fhuqking LAUGHING................

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Big tick,

Are you trying to be a "show-off". or [bleep] STUPID / RETARDED ??????

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (1234, 1minute, 10ring1, 160user, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 65 invisible), 2,170 guests, and 1,204 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,102
Posts18,464,178
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.