Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Are we no longer talking about the whopping 2.3 inches of eye relief at 4X on the SWFA 1-4?

Worried about getting scoped by a 223?

Eye relief seems perfectly fine to me. Had it mounted on a 12.5” AR but have since moved it over to a SFAR 308.

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I would consider an AR as having multiple rails. Receiver rail and handguard rail(s). I am sure that there are manufacturers that take rail spacing into account, and try to set them for a continuous rail. With the various upper and handrail makers as well as various mounting systems, is there really an industry wide expectation that the receiver and handguard should form one continuous rail with exact spacing? If there is actually a mil spec that specifies that? I don’t see it as very common to bridge the two rails?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by scoony
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Are we no longer talking about the whopping 2.3 inches of eye relief at 4X on the SWFA 1-4?

Worried about getting scoped by a 223?

Eye relief seems perfectly fine to me. Had it mounted on a 12.5” AR but have since moved it over to a SFAR 308.

I may have a bad one. There's a reason that most manufacturers don't make scopes that provide only 2.3 inches of eye relief at maximum power. It makes for an unnatural mount. The shooter either has to crawl the scope or mount it far back. If 2.3" is no issue, then why the need to substantially fudge their numbers? Just advertise the actual eye relief and the actual weight.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
The 4X ACOG eye relief is only about 1.5".

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Tyrone
There are a whole lotta options for risers, most much cheaper than Johnny MIC'Gutshot's contraption.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/Wyoming-Arms-Optic-Riser/18-772837/ laugh

That was my thread on ARF, to say those guys don't like Puddin is an understatement

Yet, my dumb ass bought one anyway

NRA Endowed Patron Life Benefactor
GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Darryle
There are a whole lotta options for risers, most much cheaper than Johnny MIC'Gutshot's contraption.

That was my thread on ARF, to say those guys don't like Puddin is an understatement

You bought an out of spec AR and wondered why my in spec riser wouldn't bridge but we do agree you are a dummy.

Congradulations?

In spec AR and in spec riser doing the bridge thing.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

You bought an out of spec AR and wondered why my in spec riser wouldn't bridge but we do agree you are a dummy.

Congradulations?

In spec AR and in spec riser doing the bridge thing.

Seems like you made some friends over there.
Loved the “for that price why buy an UNKNOWN brand.”
One guy suggested a UTG over yours?! LMFAO….

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
In spec AR and handguard, in spec riser, bridge, and proper shooting stance for the win.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Kudos to Wyoming arms

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well, that and I tried it on a number of upper/handguard combos, no dice unless I wanted to leave one screw out,

I mounted a WA riser today. I had to leave a screw out where the upper receiver meets the rail because there are no pic slots there. Is that where your screw didn't fit?

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Well, that and I tried it on a number of upper/handguard combos, no dice unless I wanted to leave one screw out,

I mounted a WA riser today. I had to leave a screw out where the upper receiver meets the rail because there are no pic slots there. Is that where your screw didn't fit?

Darryle?

Darryle are you out there?

John Burns

I have all the sources.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Darryle?

Listing your scheit on eBay to help cover the costs of a UTG riser? LMAO…

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jackmountain

Darryle?

I offered him a full refund.

He didn't want that.

Wonder why? wink

It might ryhme with "in spec riser".

How you doing tonight, Blondie? blush

Dreamin of my pants?

John Burns

I have all the sources.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by jackmountain

Darryle?

I offered him a full refund.

He didn't want that.

Wonder why? wink

It might ryhme with "in spec riser".

How you doing tonight, Blondie? blush

Dreamin of my pants?

You look gay as fugk.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
In spec AR and in spec handguard and in spec Wyo Arms riser.

Much Profit from in spec.

Sad sack out of spec Darrely the DumbSheit is still struggling.

Last edited by JohnBurns; 11/18/22.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
First impression of the SWFA 1-4 that arrived yesterday is that it’s built like a tank! It feels stout, turrets are crisp and everything works properly. I adjusted the diopter to my setting and played with the illumination. I’m impressed that even with my astigmatism I can clearly see the dot inside the Diamond through most of the illumination settings.

The glass is very bright and the reticle is one that I find instinctive. This scope caused me to shuffle a bunch of scopes. I was going to order another BTR 2-12 but with this sale I decided to buy another 1 of these immediately along with another set of rings only in low this time.

I took the BTR 2-12 off my 20” Whelen and mounted this SWFA 1-4 instead. The BTR will go on a .338WM and the next SWFA 1-4 will go on an AR….which leads me to think I’ll be getting 2 more of these in the next week or so.

I don’t find eye relief to be an issue and it’s not tough to get behind if mounted properly for the shooter. It might be more finicky than other scopes but I’m so used to different things that I’m usually able to adapt. We’re all built different so what works great for me might be terrible for someone else.

I think it’s a great scope at a great price. FWIW….this SWFA 1-4x24 feels like I’d expect a “mil-spec” quality scope to feel like and perform (superficially) like as compared to the Bushnell 1-6x24 which feels “consumer grade”. Totally subjective but that’s my honest take. I’d buy more of the Bushnell 1-6x24 for $120 and I’ll damn sure buy a couple more of the SWFA 1-4 for $200.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hmmmm...I'd never heard of said glass,or let alone seen one and was put off by Handicapped Spandex "Reviews". Now I'm contemplating giving one a whirl. Obliged. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
That's weird about the eye-relief not being an issue. You'd think a guy that shoots one doe ever 8 years should know something about shooting.

What if Jessie's girl is Stacy's mom, and her phone number is 867-5309
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Likely,when pedaling sooooooo FAST from Reality...the wind induced Estrogen fueled tears,skew actual scope mounting. Hint.

Though fortunately,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even Pedalists can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
First impression of the SWFA 1-4 that arrived yesterday is that it’s built like a tank! It feels stout, turrets are crisp and everything works properly. I adjusted the diopter to my setting and played with the illumination. I’m impressed that even with my astigmatism I can clearly see the dot inside the Diamond through most of the illumination settings.

The glass is very bright and the reticle is one that I find instinctive. This scope caused me to shuffle a bunch of scopes. I was going to order another BTR 2-12 but with this sale I decided to buy another 1 of these immediately along with another set of rings only in low this time.

I took the BTR 2-12 off my 20” Whelen and mounted this SWFA 1-4 instead. The BTR will go on a .338WM and the next SWFA 1-4 will go on an AR….which leads me to think I’ll be getting 2 more of these in the next week or so.

I don’t find eye relief to be an issue and it’s not tough to get behind if mounted properly for the shooter. It might be more finicky than other scopes but I’m so used to different things that I’m usually able to adapt. We’re all built different so what works great for me might be terrible for someone else.

I think it’s a great scope at a great price. FWIW….this SWFA 1-4x24 feels like I’d expect a “mil-spec” quality scope to feel like and perform (superficially) like as compared to the Bushnell 1-6x24 which feels “consumer grade”. Totally subjective but that’s my honest take. I’d buy more of the Bushnell 1-6x24 for $120 and I’ll damn sure buy a couple more of the SWFA 1-4 for $200.

Glad you like it brother. I can't help but wonder if somehow the eye relief on these varies from one unit to the next. A few say theirs is way too short. Others acknowledge that it's short but not an issue. I don't think anyone has reported that they get the advertised 5 inches at 1X. Did you weigh yours by chance?

The reticle is EXCEPTIONALLY well done. Lighting control is as well.

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (10Glocks, 1234, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 160user, 56 invisible), 1,972 guests, and 1,059 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,187
Posts18,465,760
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.