Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
My dad. He was a recent recipient of the quilts of Valor.

Dad was born to parents in prison camp because grandpa was Japanese and went on to fight for the country that took every possession his family had.....and has been a Patriot the entire way.

Thanks Dad.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
BP-B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Thank your dad for his service for me.
PJ

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Awesome. Thanks for his service.

The cow is where you are, the bull is where you want to be.

No one gets something for nothing unless someone else got nothing for something.
W
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
Hats off to a great American!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Dude,

That's amazeballs and the coolest thing I've seen anyone post here in awhile.

Thanks Mr Yonemura.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B2

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by high_country_
My dad. He was a recent recipient of the quilts of Valor.

Dad was born to parents in prison camp because grandpa was Japanese and went on to fight for the country that took every possession his family had.....and has been a Patriot the entire way.

Thanks Dad.

Pretty effin cool.
Your lucky.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That’s a tear jerker OP. Very cool!

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Way cool. Grateful for your dad's service, as well as those who recognized same. Pity the folks who made the quilt couldn't figure out how to spell 'medal' correctly, but the sentiment is very much appreciated. *5* bronze stars? Just what the hell did he do with that dozer, anyway? wink

Our families share some American history. My paternal family was locked up in WWII too. Grandma, grandpa and their three kids, including my dad, who is the last one still alive at 85, spent the war in a desert prison camp, courtesy of Uncle Sam. He spent his entire career designing stuff for the DoD to kill commies, too. F'king disgraceful what happened back then. Heart Mountain for your fam'? Gila River here.

Happy that there are still some patriots left, and thanks for sharing, HC.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wow!
High Country, Kamo,
your father's are interesting Americans.
Role models.

Wish I could sit a few hours and pick their brains.
Get to their conflicted feeling about their histories.
Obviously, they have focused on the good and siezed the
opportunity that is America.

Look at them, their story.
Look at so many today, supported by the government, so many opportunities, crying that "It's not fair!"

Guys, tell your Dad's they have my highest respect!

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Absolutely awesome high_country.
Many, many thanks to your Dad from another vet.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'd like to Thank your Dad too!!

I've meet some of the people involved with Quilts of Valor, good folks they are.

1969-1970, I don't know what he did but chances are he saw a lot of schit, your Oldman is a Badass. Please send along my deepest gratitude for the sacrifices that he made for this Great Country.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
*Salute* to your dad.

I wrote a paper in college on Executive Order 9066 and posted on that here several years ago (and incorrectly identified it as EO 4066, to be corrected by Kamo Gari--thanks KG). I was shocked to learn about that injustice, and that the country allowed it to happen. That such a thing, which rivals the treatment of many native American tribes received in the 19th Century, could happen in the 20th Century was an eye opener. It appears that we are all the Indians now.

Your dad deserves far more than a quilt in recognition...but the sentiment does have value. The man represents America's best.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
My dad is closing in on 80 and has just now began to discuss his days in nam in detail. He always gave me the abbreviated version of how he went from private to pushing the show because they had ran out of men. He still carries a bullet and some shrapnel and hasn't walked in years without a cane.

When I was 18 I told him that I wanted to join the Marines. That was the only time in my life I remember him completely going crazy on me. He damn near disowned me after nearly laying me out. A couple days later I was ejected from a vehicle and nearly dead which ended my chances of enlisting, he always told me that was god doing me a favor.

I'm not sure if he'll ever tell me everything or if I even want to know. I will say that the old man was never afraid of anything in my life time and I have yet to see him shed a tear.

For those who spoke so kindly, thank you. My dad rarely wants to be recognized, but this is the first time in a long time that he's really been proud of something......and it's certainly something to be proud of.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
A big thank you to your dad. And a "welcome home," too.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by RiverRider
*Salute* to your dad.

I wrote a paper in college on Executive Order 9066 and posted on that here several years ago (and incorrectly identified it as EO 4066, to be corrected by Kamo Gari--thanks KG). I was shocked to learn about that injustice, and that the country allowed it to happen. That such a thing, which rivals the treatment of many native American tribes received in the 19th Century, could happen in the 20th Century was an eye opener. It appears that we are all the Indians now.

Your dad deserves far more than a quilt in recognition...but the sentiment does have value. The man represents America's best.

Andrew, I've known of that disgrace most of my life.
Many detainees were "hosted" at Santa Fe, and many more in SE Colorado.
That was a shameful moment in the history of the US, for sure.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Thank you for posting , and I thank him, for his service.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Great story and many, many thanks to your dad and all who are serving or served!

FJB & FJT
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Very cool, that’s a great honor. Thank him for his service for me. He sounds like quite a hero.

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Treated so badly but still giving back 🫡

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Outstanding!!! A man we can all be proud of!!

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
241 members (300_savage, 1minute, 204guy, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 280shooter, 39 invisible), 2,181 guests, and 955 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,639
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.