Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Bristoe
A friend of mine just moved to Buffalo from here on Monday of this week.

What a welcome!
Hahaha!

Welcome to the party pal!

I am MAGA.
BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Snowmobilers will be thrilled!

It takes a village to raise an idiot.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by grouseman
My next door neighbor had one, when I was a kid. He'd get it out whenever we got dumped on with snow.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Abverbs is overrated... whatever the hell they be...

grin

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Best of luck to DANNY L, his brother, and their families.
Hang in there, folks!

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Try not to confuse western New York with New England. We’ve been a little touchy about that here in the Champlain Valley since we evicted the “Yorkers” at the close of the 1700s. We get along OK now, but as (New Englander) Robert Frost wrote, “Good fences make good neighbors.”

"Keep your mouth shut, work hard. Life is tough. Work through it.” -- Stetson Bennett, Quarterback, Georgia Bulldogs
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
We got a fair bit blowing in offa lk mi. Kids have a snow day I drove slowly in right lane to work no issues.

Problem this early in the year is roads are warm so initial snow melts and freezes so there is a thick crust of ice.

Plus dumbasses can’t remember what it was like to drive on slick roads and they go too fast and endanger those around them.

Cracks me up seeing some billybadass blow by me in his high rise GMC truck as I putter along in my Prius and then I get to wave at him in the ditch a couple miles later. Too many forget 4WD only helps ya accelerate faster it does nothing for stopping…

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The kids won't even get a snow day for three feet in Buffalo.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Abverbs is overrated... whatever the hell they be...

Dummy, it's when you make a post and forget to put any verbs in, you just go back and add 'em once the damn Yankees point it out.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
My former neighbor lived in Buffalo during he Blizzard of '77. Buffalo got 8 feet of snow. He said it was really wild.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blizzard_of_1977

IC B3

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by efw
We got a fair bit blowing in offa lk mi. Kids have a snow day I drove slowly in right lane to work no issues.

Problem this early in the year is roads are warm so initial snow melts and freezes so there is a thick crust of ice.

Plus dumbasses can’t remember what it was like to drive on slick roads and they go too fast and endanger those around them.

Cracks me up seeing some billybadass blow by me in his high rise GMC truck as I putter along in my Prius and then I get to wave at him in the ditch a couple miles later. Too many forget 4WD only helps ya accelerate faster it does nothing for stopping…

I had that same experience in a Prius I had. I was driving through PA in a storm and all I did was slow down a little, and watch all the trucks just speed by, only to be found in a wreck or a ditch later on down the road.

That little Prius was a great car too.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Should be a good test for the new electric snowplows.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I'm up a handful of miles east of Buffalo. We have about a foot. A few miles northeast of me has about 3ft. A few miles north of me has 3 inches. The places we hunt will have 2-3' so kinda puts a dampener on opening day tomorrow.

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery - Thomas Jefferson
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I see, on TV, this is being touted as a "life threatening" storm. Used to be it was just snow; happened every year.
When my daughter was based at Ft. Drum, she lived in Copenhagen, NY. We experienced their winters a couple of times. There was, indeed, significant snowfall, but it didn't strike me as being life-threatening. I spent a half day snowshoeing on a state park trail and my tracks were well-covered (at least a foot) in the four hours I spent on the trail. The bad part was that the snow was wet and sticky and kept building up on the shoes. I was thirteen years younger then. Today, it might be life-threatening.
Here, in the west, there is little snow, but it is below zero. Hard to say which is worse. I find the cold weather to be much more tolerable if there is a foot or so of snow on the ground. GD

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Yep

My kids school called off last night

Buncha snowflakes (ha I crack myself up)

Seriously tho I agree. Everything is “be scared stay home .gov will care for you just stay tuned to find out what to do (or not do) next…”

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by efw

Completely false, but not a surprising belief for someone who is proud of his Prius

😂😂😂

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by grouseman
It'll make a good base for it for sure, but the trails are closed until deer season is over on December 11th

Life is but the memories we've created.....Sully Erna
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by renegade50
Oh yeah...
All the local and state road crews will be taking care of those roads nice and prompt like when fuel was waaay cheaper 2 yrs ago.

Pretty sure the bean counters gonna make sure it all happens like normal and won't spare a cent on fuel, road salt, or over time pay.
And people will be having accidents, injuries, and possibly deaths cause the bean counters want to save a nickel.

🤣🤣🤣
Penndot is claiming massive worker shortage for plow trucks, which I believe. We had heavy snow earlier this week and there were no plows on any roads. Took me an extra hour to get home. Still dont know why people live up here and drive front wheel drive vans and expect to make it up the mountain roads. Was a [bleep]. Not looking forward to this winter

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Lol

Snowboarding season!

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
The closest ski resort here in the NC mountains is Cataloochee. They opened yesterday. They never open this early. We have real cold weather this week but no snow, they are making home made snow at Cataloochee by the ton. I bet they got 3 feet of home made snow.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
146 members (257 mag, 10Glocks, 300jimmy, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 257robertsimp, 11 invisible), 1,440 guests, and 783 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,590
Posts18,397,899
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.