Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Have you ever read the book? Or do you just innately "know" what it's about?

The Communist Manifesto? If that is the book you are referring to, yes I have.

GB1

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Greyghost
So, what happens if Musk's gamble doesn't work and most his twitter employee's walk-off by 5 pm tonight?

Hahaha. Tff

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by efw
So, what happens if Musk's gamble doesn't work and most his twitter employee's walk-off by 5 pm tonight?

It’ll be the end of the world!

**GASP**
Again.

I mean, again?

Last edited by jaguartx; 11/18/22.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Morewood
The deep state (intelligence community) has funded and supported Jack's magic coffee shop for years to stifle free speech and sway public opinion.
Musk is forcing their hand.

And bowel movements.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by krp
They should apply at Facebook and Amazon...

Kent

FB is going under just as Q said. How many did they just lay off?

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by irfubar

Those useless employees are a about to learn a lesson about capitalism.... so is the Facebook crew, Amazon etc... get woke go broke is real and they are gonna feel the pain
This

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M

The hard working guys and gals will stay and the under-performers will be leaving. The hard working group despises those that do not pull their fair share. But I can hear them now saying so sad to see you go...

It will be a win win for Twitter and Musk.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
If Musk isn't careful, he will flush $44 billion down the toilet but maybe he does not care because its only a quarter of his worth. Twitter was losing money hand over fist and something needed to be done. The problem is that there does not seem to be any intelligent thought going into fixing the issue. First he lays off half of his employees without any thought apparently as to what the employees do. They realized that some actually kept the systems up so they had to try and get them back. Then he makes some announcement that everyone has to start coming back into the office. I personally think this was an idiotic move because it has been found that productivity is way up since people started working from home ie. no hanging out and chatting at work. Also, I know several people in IT who went out and found another IT job because their employer announced that employees need to start coming back to work. Working from home is now the new norm for the IT industry. He backed off on that to some degree. Now he wants a pledge of loyalty. Turns out there are hundreds of twitter employees not willing to do this including those who play major roles in keeping twitter going. My guess is that he will back off on that to some degree as well. As much as people want to fantasize that these woke employees will end up homeless or working in the fast food industry, the truth of the matter is that there is a shortage of IT employees in this country and those that leave will most likely find another job rather quickly and they will probably make more money.

2 Kings 2:23-24
M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
A very large firm here in NW Arkansas has told everyone that work in the office is now required as inefficiencies have gotten out of hand.
Those working at home are still chatting and surfing the internet and many even more so now that they are unsupervised.
Yes there are ways of viewing computerized activity but that is not an overall effective way of monitoring their performance.

Those folks unwilling to work hard a Twitter will leave and suck the value out of the company they wind up landing at.

IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

He'll still be the richest person in the world...

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Instead of bringing a sink to to his new twitter acquisition that first day he should have brought screen doors and had them put on the employee exits.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Most large corporation, at least the ones that do well on the stock market demand a lot of their employees. Not sure what the big deal is about having to work hard and do a good job. Pretty much what most people have to do. You sure as hell have to if you own a small business.

I retired from a large industrial tech company, 120k employees. They demanded a lot out of everybody, but if you work hard and try to do a good job it’s not a big deal. Many people in the work force in this day and time can’t perform simple tasks because of they are to wrapped up in everything from worrying to much about diversity or if they guy in the cube next to them voted for Donald Trump.

All Elon musk is trying to do is cut out all the BS and get people back to work.

The people with good sense will embrace the changes, work hard and if the company is successful more than likely have a job for as long as they want to work. It’s really pretty simple.

Thanks, Billy
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Marley7x57
A very large firm here in NW Arkansas has told everyone that work in the office is now required as inefficiencies have gotten out of hand.
Those working at home are still chatting and surfing the internet and many even more so now that they are unsupervised.
Yes there are ways of viewing computerized activity but that is not an overall effective way of monitoring their performance.

Those folks unwilling to work hard a Twitter will leave and suck the value out of the company they wind up landing at.

That or the company is run by old school bosses who didn't like the idea of people working from home but had no choice and this is their excuse for getting people back in the office. Also, some companies don't like paying for real estate and then having no one use the real estate. I have worked in IT for over 30 years. Productivity in my company is up since going remote. My company is run by old school bosses who did not like the idea but once they saw the results they changed their tone and have no intention of bringing people back to the office. I have seen very few if any articles that say working from home has reduced productivity. Everything says its up significantly. If it weren't then everyone would be going back to the office. You don't have to monitor keystrokes or look over people's backs to determine if they are working or not. The proof is in the end result.

People are changing jobs in the IT industry constantly. Very few people stay at the same job for more than 5 years especially when they first get out of school unless they are being paid very well and are getting great benefits. Its the only way to get a decent raise. Twitter isn't just losing employees, they are damaging their reputation and are going to have a difficult time getting good people to work for them. I have seen it happen. There is no long term intelligent thought behind what Musk is doing. Its almost like he is trying to destroy twitter despite the fact that a quarter of his worth is invested in it. I guess if you are worth $190 billion, what is wiping your backside with $44 billion and flushing it down the toilet?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Your rejection of Capitalism is on full display.

You 'work" for me, I "pay" you to perform a job.

You don't like the pay of conditions, you are free to leave. IF, and that is a big IF, you indeed decided to leave, you COULD start up your own version of Twitter and compete IF your model is better. That is capitalism.

Musk feels like he isn't getting his money's worth from employees. Remote working, slack performance goals are not what he's about. He is showing the Millennial Generation what hard work is all about, what hustling to make quotas and goals is all about, and what it takes to stay competitive. Some will make the grade, and others won't. Some that have been coasting on lattés and flexible schedules are now rudely confronted with demanding hard work that expects results over feelings. Old School!

Nov. 16: Musk demands 'hardcore' work culture. Dorsey's 'nope'

Musk emailed all staff to outline his vision for "Twitter 2.0," which will require an "extremely hardcore" culture, with long hours and high intensity, according to Pragmatic Engineer writer (and former Uber engineer) Gergely Orosz. Employees must agree to this on Thursday or leave with three months of severance pay.

Scoop: Elon Musk just sent an email to all staff outlining "Twitter 2.0", writing it will"need to be extremely hardcore". Long hours, high intensity.

People need to click "yes" to confirm being part of this by 5pm ET tomorrow, else they get 3 months severance. More details:

— Gergely Orosz (@GergelyOrosz) November 16, 2022

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by cs2blue
Remember when Musk started that little company called SpaceX? Everyone doubted him and said he would fail. Musk kept at it hiring engineers from right under NASA and the big aerospace companies. Years later Space x lands contracts to launch satellites and classified military payloads. Last even NASA gave him contracts for their own work. Do not count him out just yet. Twitter was over staffed and under government/political control by big money donors in the form of advertising contracts. All of that is no gone with half of their political agenda work force. The vacuum has emptied and now we see how it refills and what that will look like. So, do not count Musk out just yet!

Bingo! Good pos.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by GringoCazador
Most large corporation, at least the ones that do well on the stock market demand a lot of their employees. Not sure what the big deal is about having to work hard and do a good job. Pretty much what most people have to do. You sure as hell have to if you own a small business.

I retired from a large industrial tech company, 120k employees. They demanded a lot out of everybody, but if you work hard and try to do a good job it’s not a big deal. Many people in the work force in this day and time can’t perform simple tasks because of they are to wrapped up in everything from worrying to much about diversity or if they guy in the cube next to them voted for Donald Trump.

All Elon musk is trying to do is cut out all the BS and get people back to work.

The people with good sense will embrace the changes, work hard and if the company is successful more than likely have a job for as long as they want to work. It’s really pretty simple.

He has intentionally created a hostile work environment. He has been very public about it. Thats why this thread got started in the first place. I understand why people are cheering his actions. Wokeism has gotten out of hand. You just don't lay half your work force off without determining their value to the company and then call those people back who are valuable. The layoffs should have occurred over a couple of months at least to determine who was necessary and who was not. It should definitely not have been publicly. It was all part of a show. Also, he is assuming that everyone is lazy and not doing their job. Some people get offended by that. How would you feel if your boss told you that you were lazy and worthless without even bothering to actually make any effort to determine whether that were true or not?

Last edited by BubbaG; 11/18/22.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by BubbaG
If Musk isn't careful, he will flush $44 billion down the toilet but maybe he does not care because its only a quarter of his worth.

Twitter was losing money hand over fist and something needed to be done. Nine times out Nine when a company that is bleeding money, the first thing they do is cut personnel, either by attrition, or layoffs.

The problem is that there does not seem to be any intelligent thought going into fixing the issue. First he lays off half of his employees without any thought apparently as to what the employees do. You have absolutely NO Idea how much thought was put into his process, NONE

They realized that some actually kept the systems up so they had to try and get them back. ...and you know this how?

Then he makes some announcement that everyone has to start coming back into the office. I personally think this was an idiotic move because it has been found that productivity is way up since people started working from home ie. no hanging out and chatting at work. True, but just the opposite is true in many situations. In a company that is overstaffed and also overstaffed with employees that feel they are entitled to the position instead of employees that actually work hard and held accountable, working from home is counterproductive.

Also, I know several people in IT who went out and found another IT job because their employer announced that employees need to start coming back to work. Working from home is now the new norm for the IT industry. He backed off on that to some degree.

Now he wants a pledge of loyalty. Smart move, very smart. In an industry like Twitter that relies almost exclusively on IT, Code, Algorithms, etc., it would be very easy for an employee(s) to sabotage his company. Having them sign a loyalty agreement does 2 things, it eliminates those that refuse to work with him and may work against him and it also sets up those that would do him harm to firings without civil litigation after doing so.
Turns out there are hundreds of twitter employees not willing to do this including those who play major roles in keeping twitter going. Musk has is own IT Experts, I highly doubt that his pool of experts, like the ones he hired away from NASA, are in need of Twitter Techs.

My guess is that he will back off on that to some degree as well. Doubtful

As much as people want to fantasize that these woke employees will end up homeless or working in the fast food industry, the truth of the matter is that there is a shortage of IT employees in this country and those that leave will most likely find another job rather quickly and they will probably make more money.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
He has intentionally created a hostile work environment. He has been very public about it. Thats why this thread got started in the first place. I understand why people are cheering his actions. Wokeism has gotten out of hand. You just don't lay half your work force off without determining their value to the company and then call those people back who are valuable. The layoffs should have occurred over a couple of months at least to determine who was necessary and who was not. It should definitely not have been publicly. It was all part of a show. Also, he is assuming that everyone is lazy and not doing their job. Some people get offended by that. How would you feel if your boss told you that you were lazy and worthless without even bothering to actually make any effort to determine whether that were true or not?

Telling employees they need to work hard is not anyone's definition of creating a hostile work environment.
I am sure Musk has looked at the data and determined that most were lazy and worthless. My guess is 20% of the employees do +90% of the work.
Bottom line for any company is that employees have to produce or the business gets shut down.
All the Bubba's know that. Except one in "God's Country" that is....

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by steve4102
If Musk isn't careful, he will flush $44 billion down the toilet but maybe he does not care because its only a quarter of his worth.

Twitter was losing money hand over fist and something needed to be done. Nine times out Nine when a company that is bleeding money, the first thing they do is cut personnel, either by attrition, or layoffs.
OK. So? I never disputed that. I said something needed to be done

The problem is that there does not seem to be any intelligent thought going into fixing the issue. First he lays off half of his employees without any thought apparently as to what the employees do. You have absolutely NO Idea how much thought was put into his process, NONE

They laid off 5000 people in a very short period of time and then had to call some of them back. If there was thought in it, someone else should have been doing the thinking

They realized that some actually kept the systems up so they had to try and get them back. ...and you know this how?
because it was made public also

Then he makes some announcement that everyone has to start coming back into the office. I personally think this was an idiotic move because it has been found that productivity is way up since people started working from home ie. no hanging out and chatting at work. True, but just the opposite is true in many situations. In a company that is overstaffed and also overstaffed with employees that feel they are entitled to the position instead of employees that actually work hard and held accountable, working from home is counterproductive.
Its very easy to determine who is working and who isn't by the amount they produce. Counting keystrokes and looking over someone's back is for the simpleminded and have no business managing IT

Also, I know several people in IT who went out and found another IT job because their employer announced that employees need to start coming back to work. Working from home is now the new norm for the IT industry. He backed off on that to some degree.

Now he wants a pledge of loyalty. Smart move, very smart. In an industry like Twitter that relies almost exclusively on IT, Code, Algorithms, etc., it would be very easy for an employee(s) to sabotage his company. Having them sign a loyalty agreement does 2 things, it eliminates those that refuse to work with him and may work against him and it also sets up those that would do him harm to firings without civil litigation after doing so.
Turns out there are hundreds of twitter employees not willing to do this including those who play major roles in keeping twitter going. Musk has is own IT Experts, I highly doubt that his pool of experts, like the ones he hired away from NASA, are in need of Twitter Techs.

Its not a smart move in a hostile work environment. I have been in IT for 30 years and I have signed non-disclosure agreements, I have never signed a loyalty agreement.

My guess is that he will back off on that to some degree as well. Doubtful We will see

As much as people want to fantasize that these woke employees will end up homeless or working in the fast food industry, the truth of the matter is that there is a shortage of IT employees in this country and those that leave will most likely find another job rather quickly and they will probably make more money.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

682 members (10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 160user, 68 invisible), 3,530 guests, and 1,201 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,271
Posts18,467,426
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.