Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Raeford
Originally Posted by slumlord
It’s a website

Why are thousands of warm bodies needed anyway?

Make sure nary a hurtful word is typed[ toward the correct groups, of course]

They have algorithms for that.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
BP-B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
In any situation 10% of salesman make 90% of sales. 10% of criminals commit 90% of crime. And 10% of workers get 90% of the work done.

It looks to me like Musk figured out a very easy way to weeks out the slackers. Like the Junction Boys, the first year or so might be tough. After that this move will pay off in spades.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by hatari
Originally Posted by Greyghost
So, what happens if Musk's gamble doesn't work and most his twitter employee's walk-off by 5 pm tonight?

Your rejection of Capitalism is on full display.

You 'work" for me, I "pay" you to perform a job.

You don't like the pay of conditions, you are free to leave. IF, and that is a big IF, you indeed decided to leave, you COULD start up your own version of Twitter and compete IF your model is better. That is capitalism.

Musk feels like he isn't getting his money's worth from employees. Remote working, slack performance goals are not what he's about. He is showing the Millennial Generation what hard work is all about, what hustling to make quotas and goals is all about, and what it takes to stay competitive. Some will make the grade, and others won't. Some that have been coasting on lattés and flexible schedules are now rudely confronted with demanding hard work that expects results over feelings. Old School!

Nov. 16: Musk demands 'hardcore' work culture. Dorsey's 'nope'

Musk emailed all staff to outline his vision for "Twitter 2.0," which will require an "extremely hardcore" culture, with long hours and high intensity, according to Pragmatic Engineer writer (and former Uber engineer) Gergely Orosz. Employees must agree to this on Thursday or leave with three months of severance pay.

Scoop: Elon Musk just sent an email to all staff outlining "Twitter 2.0", writing it will"need to be extremely hardcore". Long hours, high intensity.

People need to click "yes" to confirm being part of this by 5pm ET tomorrow, else they get 3 months severance. More details:

— Gergely Orosz (@GergelyOrosz) November 16, 2022

To bad this "work ethic first" attitude is void in the Union Member, members at ALL ages.

Steve,

that is such a horrible generalization.

Is it? Ya mean like lawyers are crooked, politicians are crooked, Democrats are Brain Dead, evil and crooked, generalizations like that.

Cept, for the most part its true.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by hatari
So, what happens if Musk's gamble doesn't work and most his twitter employee's walk-off by 5 pm tonight?

Your rejection of Capitalism is on full display.

You 'work" for me, I "pay" you to perform a job.

You don't like the pay of conditions, you are free to leave. IF, and that is a big IF, you indeed decided to leave, you COULD start up your own version of Twitter and compete IF your model is better. That is capitalism.

Musk feels like he isn't getting his money's worth from employees. Remote working, slack performance goals are not what he's about. He is showing the Millennial Generation what hard work is all about, what hustling to make quotas and goals is all about, and what it takes to stay competitive. Some will make the grade, and others won't. Some that have been coasting on lattés and flexible schedules are now rudely confronted with demanding hard work that expects results over feelings. Old School!

Nov. 16: Musk demands 'hardcore' work culture. Dorsey's 'nope'

Musk emailed all staff to outline his vision for "Twitter 2.0," which will require an "extremely hardcore" culture, with long hours and high intensity, according to Pragmatic Engineer writer (and former Uber engineer) Gergely Orosz. Employees must agree to this on Thursday or leave with three months of severance pay.

Scoop: Elon Musk just sent an email to all staff outlining "Twitter 2.0", writing it will"need to be extremely hardcore". Long hours, high intensity.

People need to click "yes" to confirm being part of this by 5pm ET tomorrow, else they get 3 months severance. More details:

— Gergely Orosz (@GergelyOrosz) November 16, 2022

To bad this "work ethic first" attitude is void in the Union Member, members at ALL ages.

Steve,

that is such a horrible generalization.

Is it? Ya mean like lawyers are crooked, politicians are crooked, Democrats are Brain Dead, evil and crooked, generalizations like that.

Cept, for the most part its true.

Except it's not in the shops I've worked in.

10-20% of the lazy fuggs give the rest a big black eye.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Raeford
They let me back in, but I couldn't have my original username back.
If you mention 'stovepipe' the place goes on nuclear alert! grin grin

Thought that sounded familiar.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Have you ever read the book? Or do you just innately "know" what it's about?

The Communist Manifesto? If that is the book you are referring to, yes I have.

I was actually referring to Atlas Shrugged, which Steve mentioned and you seem to have dismissed as Jewish propaganda. If that's what you believe then it's very safe to conclude that you've never read it.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson
Originally Posted by BubbaG

Twitter hit with mass resignations after Elon Musk's ‘hardcore’ ultimatum
Elon Musk is now facing a new crisis at Twitter as a wave of employees seemed to reject his ultimatum of an “extremely hardcore” Twitter 2.0 or leave the company

Exactly how many employees opted for severance over remaining at Twitter isn’t yet clear. The New York Times reported the number was in the “hundreds,” while other early reports suggest the number could be much higher. The departures come after Musk already cut 50 percent of Twitter’s jobs in mass layoffs.

We have no idea of the numbers, but this is what we are reporting.
GMAFB

Probably never will know the actual numbers. That is something Musk may not be so public about. Like I have said before, I have been in the IT industry for 30 years and I have experienced this type of thing twice except on a much smaller scale. I bet I can guess pretty closely what is going on with the IT employees at twitter. When Musk announced he wanted to buy twitter, the employees joked about having to get their resume together. Musk buys twitter and the employees talk even more about updating resumes with a little more seriousness. Musk lays off half the employees and all the employees are updating their resumes and allot are probably sending them out. Musk announces employees are going to have to come to the office and even more employees send out their resumes. Musk announces that employees must sign a loyalty agreement or lose their jobs and even more employees send out their resumes. At this point, employees are already interviewing with other companies. My guess would be that a number of people who refused to sign already have job offers making more money. Basically, they get a raise and a big fat bonus in the form of a severance check. Working out in California, these people are making over $10k a month and they probably got at least 3 months severance so they could be looking at a $50k bonus for leaving the company. By the way, if you are a software developer and have a profile on linked in then you are probably getting emails everyday from recruiters trying to get you to apply for a position that they have a contract for. No software developers at twitter are going to be saying "Do you want fries with that?" unless thats what they want to do. I have often thought of early retiring and doing that very thing.

I know I am not very popular because I don't worship Elon Musk for dishing out to the liberal woke crowd but what he is doing does not make sense unless he is planning to use twitter as some kind of a write off. He paid $44 billion for it when it was only valued at $25 billion.

2 Kings 2:23-24
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
How many actual people would GAF if Schitter just ceased to exist? The snowflakes who only exist outside of their mama's basement in cyberspace will just find somewhere else to pretend they're actually relevant!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You didn't have to tell us you work remote, in IT.

I would have bet $1k on it from one post.
I'm tight and not a gambler.😁😁

Your posts about productivity are not what I'm hearing from many
folks in other industries who have allowed work from home since Covid.

They have also had huge problems between those who do, and those required in the office. With big problems in those offices where job class sets pay and folks driving to work being paid the same as remote workers.
Along with remote workers getting awful pissy about being required a trip into the office monthly. A fair number using a sick or vacation day to avoid it. I'd Musk them immediately.

The job market is the only thing keeping remote work going for several
offices. They would fire and replace most if they could, with all new ones required to show up for work.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Twitter has become a cesspool.

It's sort of unfortunate. That said, I don't know if it can be fixed or what it would take to compel me to start using it again.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I never used Twitter and do not intend to.

I see a Twitter post only if it is linked to me and I never respond to such a post.

CRS, NRA Benefactor Life Member, Whittington Center, TSRA, DWWC, DRSS
Android Reloading Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
This describes more or less from the beginning through 2017, they are constantly changing and upgrading. NOTE: the part where it mentions hundreds of thousands of servers... globally. And for those of you who use twitter (I don't) you might ask yourself how many times it's been down, or you've had trouble with it. Doesn't run itself.

Link

Phil
So apparently those thousands of employees sucked at keeping it running? I would clean house, too. But then again, I ain't no bubba g.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Living in the PNW we have 2 industries of note, high tech and aerospace, both being in Musk’s wheelhouse. A dear friend from Iceland came out from Michigan State Univ. to finish his aeronautical engineering PhD at the University of Washington about 10 years ago. He met and married my buddy’s daughter and struck out ambitiously for his career. He dreamt of working for NASA but he was still working on his citizenship and needed to secure that before NASA would hire him. He has many several friends that work for SpaceX and they all describe the same work environment…..focused dedication that demands WORK comes first, last and always despite having a personal life. Musk is known for demanding a lot, he hires people that are young, intelligent and driven and expects them to dedicate their lives to the company. My buddy said that he wouldn’t work for Musk for that reason alone. He works hard but his wife and 2 little girls are his focus and his time off is his time off.

Apparently those that work for him like him and respect him. That’s good enough for me.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
141 members (257 mag, 32_20fan, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 257robertsimp, 11 invisible), 1,456 guests, and 774 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,589
Posts18,397,897
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.