Snap out of it man...

Coyotes shot no waiting.
BP-B2

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Originally Posted by Quak
Take a look around boomers…this is the America you have created.

Should I let a guy move in so he can screw my daughter in my own home.

Are you retarded

Where would you prefer they screw? Cause theyre going to. Take that to the bank.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Clarifying details:
-it is not in my household, none of it.
-I am merely an observer. I readily admit to being a nosey bastard. Bit of a gossip as well.
-the boy is 17. Clean cut and polite. In high school and has a job. Drives a truck he bought himself. Was living with his grandparents but something went south, no idea what.
-The chances of him finding an apartment, or even a room, are almost non-existent. Housing is high and scarce here. True everywhere I guess.
-I have no idea if they are having sex but I know which way I'd lay my bet, pun intended.
-I believe living choices are morphing into something different. Multiple room mates the norm, minimalize people sheltering in honeycomb "rooms" ala Japanese style. The contemporary requirements of "first month, last month, month security, good credit" is a high bar for many people.
My comments may be construed to sound like a endorsement of the arrangement. They are not. I would't let a young Jesus Christ live in the house with a daughter.
Interesting situation. I'm of the mind that a pregnancy is on the radar. Odds are decent I won't be around long enough for it to be of my concern.

Last edited by Uncle_Alvah; 11/18/22.
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Omg…… this whole thing is ridiculous!
I thought I had issues. 😂

How are you holding up UA? Serious question..

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
If I was 18 and got to move in with my 16 year old girlfriend 25 years later she would still be walking bow legged. The parents would have gotten at least one grand kid. Among other things.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Uncle_Alvah
Clarifying details:
-the boy is 17. Clean cut and polite. In high school and has a job. Drives a truck he bought himself. Was living with his grandparents but something went south, no idea what.

Danger sign number 1.

"Whose bright idea was it to put every idiot in the world in touch with every other idiot? It's working!" -- P. J. O'Rourke
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by BFaucett
Clarifying details:
--the boy is 17. Clean cut and polite. In high school and has a job. Drives a truck he bought himself. Was living with his grandparents but something went south, no idea what.

Danger sign number 1.
I’m sure that was number 100 sign.
Maybe he’s a good kid. Needs a family
type environment?

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Folks I have to apologise for my post leading you to believe it was MY relative and MY household/daughter involved. These are people that I just happen to know. I wish them luck.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Like strawberry wine..

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by ElAhrairah
Where would you prefer they screw? Cause theyre going to. Take that to the bank.

Yes, they're probably going to be screwing at 16. That doesn't mean you need to help them advertise it to the world. Pretty much every sorority girl working on her Mrs. degree at the University of Alabama was screwing at 16. For the most part there's a zero percent chance they're still with the guy they were screwing at 16 by the time they're 21. Let's say she meets some guy in college from a good family that's just got admitted to law school and they're on a first or second date, one that's a potential keeper. The guy asks "tell me about your high school years". Your daughter answers "well, when I was 16 my 17 year old boyfriend moved in with me with my parents full approval". The first thing the guy is going to think is "holy fugg, what kind of inbred white trash trailer park situation have I gotten myself into and where is the nearest exit".

The priorities for a parent of a daughter are to keep them alive, out of jail, keep them from getting pregnant before getting married, get them an education, and in general try to keep them from screwing up too bad so by the time they're out of school they're on a good path to a decent life. Shacking up with their boyfriend when they're 16 in their parents house is right up there with "I ran a meth lab in my parents garage after school". It is not something any father that's got an ounce of sense would want on their daughter's resume. As far as him being clean cut and in a bind because his grandparents threw him out, I'm sorry but that falls into the not my monkey, not my circus problem.

It is a royally fugged up idea.

IC B3

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
So same age as the daughter roughly. Still in school AND has a job. Clean cut, polite...

Was living with grandparents says his parents are a joke. The fact that hes still in school and working too, despite that, says volumes on the kids character.

No way a 17yo thats working, and in highschool, could get a lease signed. And if he did, hed have to blow off finishing school im sure.

Sounds like the kid aint all bad. Get to know him. Maybe hes not the worst your daughter could do. Shes gonna have a boyfriend, and theyre gonna do what kids do.

Give him a chance. At least hes a known entity. Youre not going to keep your little girl innocent by objecting. Odds of them staying together and marrying etc are close to zero, but this might help the kid out.

Ive known a couple good kids in a pretty similar situation, so maybe im biased. But you wont stop your daughter from growing up. So maybe you could help the boyfriend.

Being protective of your daughter wont change much. Giving a good kid a good home might make a huge difference for him.

Spend sone time face to face, try to ignore the fact that hes sniffing around your daughter, and use your best judgement as to his character. If your gut tells you hes a predator, bury him in the back 40, [bleep] it. But from your description, sounds like hes an okay kid that drew bad cards in life.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by Morewood
Like strawberry wine..
Headache to follow…… lol 😉

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Clarifying details:
-it is not in my household, none of it.
-I am merely an observer. I readily admit to being a nosey bastard. Bit of a gossip as well.
-The chances of him finding an apartment, or even a room, are almost non-existent. Housing is high and scarce here. True everywhere I guess.
-I have no idea if they are having sex but I know which way I'd lay my bet, pun intended.
-I believe living choices are morphing into something different. Multiple room mates the norm, minimalize people sheltering in honeycomb "rooms" ala Japanese style. The contemporary requirements of "first month, last month, month security, good credit" is a high bar for many people.
My comments may be construed to sound like a endorsement of the arrangement. They are not. I would't let a young Jesus Christ live in the house with a daughter.
Interesting situation. I'm of the mind that a pregnancy is on the radar. Odds are decent I won't be around long enough for it to be of my concern.

Are you fugging kidding?

Get the fugg out of here.

I am MAGA.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by BFaucett
Clarifying details:

Danger sign number 1.

Depends what it was. Gramps a violent boozer? Grams a holy rolling dried up old bitch?

Or is the kid trouble? Not enough info to offer an informed opinion.

MAGA
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If you had a daughter who turned 16 two days ago, would you allow her boyfriend to move in with the family? There is mom, 18 year old son, and the daughter in the home. Says he has to sleep on the couch.
What say you?
I suspect ya'll might be able to guess my thoughts on this......

It seems like a bad idea all the way around. A lot of downside for the family, no matter how nice a boy he is, he isn't family.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
No land, no daughter trade deal.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Might have to ask how many beads, blankets, and iron pots he's bringing into this deal.

Or whatever barter items seem appropriate today.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Might have to ask how many beads, blankets, and iron pots he's bringing into this deal.

Or whatever barter items seem appropriate today.

Mirrors, knives, and otter pelts I believe were involved......

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

They look like Agile Wallaby's

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Nope!

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
729 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 007FJ, 1234, 66 invisible), 2,958 guests, and 1,226 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,763
Posts18,401,397
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.