Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
P
PatB Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
P
A match bullet, does it work on coyotes or deer.. Too tough, too explosive ??

Stick, killed anything with 'em ?

BP-B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
ScenarShooter used them on a bunch of coyotes and some big game and seemed happy with them

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Hope you know it takes like a 1 in 5.5 inch twist to stabilize....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

P
PatB Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
P
Thanks much for the replies !!! I have a 7 twist, thinking that should do the trick.. No?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by PatB
Thanks much for the replies !!! I have a 7 twist, thinking that should do the trick.. No?

only one way to find out, but an expensive one if it doesn't work for ya...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Seafire

only one way to find out, but an expensive one if it doesn't work for ya...

Ah, it's only money..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D

It will probably be fine. What cartridge are you using?

I know of several guys shoting 1 in 7 twist 22 creedmoors that they work in. Me being one of them

P
PatB Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
P
That was my plan, a .22 Creedmoor.. Been using the 88's since spring, killed a number of coyotes and pigs..

No complaints with them at all and to Seafires point, you can get 200 88's for the price of 100 A-tips..

But being a certified looney, it's hard to pass up an interesting experiment..

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
I shoot 88s as well. The cost difference is to great to go to the 90s for my purposes. 1 box was enough to scratch the itch, but they shot fine in my 1 in 7 bartlien

P
PatB Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
P
Hmm, that may suffice to scratch mine as well.. Thanks for the feedback !

IC B3

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
That was my plan, a .22 Creedmoor.. Been using the 88's since spring, killed a number of coyotes and pigs..

No complaints with them at all and to Seafires point, you can get 200 88's for the price of 100 A-tips..

Sounds like they got cheaper than they started out...

79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Hornady says it will stabilize in a 1-7 twist.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
With the trend to fast twist barrels and long slippery bullets I’m waiting for a .22cal 150gr with a G7 of 12.3…..

😂😂

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The .224" 90gr Beer Can,is just simply fhuqking AMAZING. I shoot it in multiple spouts and they dig nicely,with 88 ELD aplomb and I've yet to zook one. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Just sayin'.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
Okay…

Zook = ?

“My horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.”
Kaywoodie
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Anyone doing any killing with them?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
JennyHoller,

"Zook" is a Technical Term,referencing a projectile's splash upon a Victim,well prior to reaching vitals. The 90's relative robustitude is intact,even with it's uncanny ability to hang onto velocity. Hint.

Now even you "know". Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by ldholton

Sounds like they got cheaper than they started out...

The past week, I picked up a box of the Hornady 88 grainers for $30.00, so I can almost buy 3 boxes of those, for the $80 something dollars they wanted for the 90 A Tips...

Going to run those in a 1 in 7 twist with a 24 inch barrel, stainless from Pac Nor, chambered in 22.250..... on what was a Ruger 243 before, so a longer magazine than the 22.250 with the block Ruger usually thrown in them.

Its midnight up in Alaska and Stumpy is on line, drunk and being full of himself...

hope you avoid that usual hangover Stumpy, and not laying face down in a pile of barf as usual.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Shefire,

I rather enjoy your Opiate Addled Candy Striping Brokedick Chronicles,of the stuff you NEARLY could "afford"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

In fairness,I haven't towed another Ruger 243Win home(transition Varmint/Target),since this pass. Hint.

It Smooches 105 Hornie HPBT's,like all my others,which happily nestles nether regions and arranges magfed Smooches. Hint.

You be sure to quantify how many times a day you think about me,the durations of same and what I'm wearing,as you "live" vicariously. I'm juggling company and trying to kick it,during my 6 weeks of vacation,but this weather has been a real bitch and Bucks keep commiting. Hint.

Maybe dangle a picture of "your" 1-7" 22-250(s)? I've a few and my 20" Mike Rock looks like this. Hint.

Pardon reality,as you suffer being you. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
so you are showing everyone, that you shot a buck, and someone's baby with your " this weeks 243" and an A Tip, from your little Row Boat Stumpy?
hopefully you didn't eat the baby....

you like to brag and show how much money you make sawing wood with your chain saws...
but I'd bet with all the money you make, and all the stuff you have spent it on, just in stupid thought you think you might make someone feel jealous,
( which won't be me by the way).... I'd bet your bank account probably has 10 to 20 bucks in it.

All the toys in the world still can't fill a hole in someone's soul, no much how much they like to 'brag' and show others of all the stuff they have.
Most people are happy with their own life...and thankful for what they have, not wishing they could be like some short slob in nowhere Alaska, who forever needs a bath, and is still crosseyed, looks as stupid as schidt, and can't spell anyway....

But I do appreciate how you love to call me a "drug addled" candy stripper, while pretty much every one on the campfire knows how much you drown your inadequateness in alcohol and other drugs on a day to day basis.

Ya know Stumpy, a lot of us appreciate you. When we look at life in general, we are thankful we AREN'T you, or like you.
I think that is your greatest contribution to the Campfire and the Campfire members.

and yeah, My mind dwells on you like for 5 seconds a week.. which is still too much, I'll admit....just when I comment on another one of your stupid ass posts.... but I give credit where credit is due... you are still the best entertainment value on the www.... you cost nothing, and the one thing you supply abundantly to everyone else, is how much we can laugh at you daily. But we know you don't care... even look at yourself in the mirror.. you don't even care about what or how you present yourself to others...People can admire someone who is proud of what they are.. even if it is a moronic Slob lost in Buttfudk AK...

It ain't easy being Schtick, we can appreciate that...but we can appreciate someone who doesn't care about anything.. including himself.
Does take the pressure off of having to add up to something in life, don't it... One thing I've always admired about you the most.. in case of nuclear dooms day, I find comfort in the fact at least you and the cock roaches on the planet will survive.. there is such a symbiance between you and the cockroaches. The meek will inherit the earth and you'll still be standing...right there drooling on your shirt, which you haven't washed or even taken off in months if not decades., but at least it won't look or smell as bad as your BVDs if they haven't rotted off of ya..

then you can inherit the earth.. all to yourself, with that dumb clueless look still on your unwashed unshaven Halloween Mask you call a face.

All the best for you having a good day Stumpy, once you wake up from being face down in your own vomit, with a hangover... and that rotten smell isn't that you are in New Jersey, you just need to empty that brown Stuff in your BVDs, and squirt a little Right Guard on it, and go face the day, while you go get a Budweiser for breakfast....

Go Get'em little Buddy!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
671 members (1Akshooter, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 76 invisible), 3,167 guests, and 1,466 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,673
Posts18,399,532
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.