Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#17821322 11/20/22
B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Apparently Scott Adams PO'd the ESG mandarins. Dilbert has been cancelled by 77 news?papers and his website is down.

The Left plays hardball.

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I remember 70 something papers cancelling Dilbert last year.

Has it been 77 more with your report?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
#CancelCultureSux and .... it's nazi af. Those pushing cancel culture should be canceled, permanently.

What you think about, you do ... what you do, you become.
In a nation where anything goes ... eventually, everything will. We're almost there.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
https://www.nydailynews.com/snyde/n...24-irdtzqy3pzfv7hq3qiirrcmlnu-story.html

‘Dilbert’ newspaper flap brings renewed focus on cartoonist Scott Adams’ many controversies

New York Daily News

Sep 24, 2022 at 7:15 am

...The papers that cut ties with Dilbert are owned by Lee Enterprises, which revamped its funny pages in print and did away with numerous comic strips. Adams didn’t address how the move would impact Dilbert’s presence online.

In an interview with Fox News, Adams said he was not told why “Dilbert” was one of the comic strips Lee Enterprises chose to get the old heave-ho, but didn’t rule out the possibility it was politically motivated. He said his objective was to humorously document how office workers deal with rules to promote workplace equity.

“That’s enough to make people think that I must be taking sides politically,” Adams said.

While Adams didn’t indicate that he was a victim of “cancel culture,” that was the conclusion reached by a lot of his fans. Others complained about a non-specific “they” who were responsible for “Dilbert” appearing in fewer papers, while some of Adams’ Twitter followers somehow saw a paper’s decision not to print something as a First Amendment issue.

Critics noted the changes by Lee Enterprises impacted several comic strips with no apparent political undertones and accused right-wingers loyal to “Dilbert” of using his “cancelled” announcement to advance an unrelated agenda.

Lee Enterprises vice president of local news Jason Adrians confirmed to the Daily News that the company’s print publications pull content from a larger online library that includes more than 500 comics and puzzles from which the publisher has to choose for print.

“That means that our print readers have a reliable slate of excellent comics that range from newer to classic, and our digital readers have an entire library of comics to peruse every day,” he said in a statement.

He apologized to readers who were upset by changes to their local papers, some of whom have complained about shrinking funny pages.

Adams did not return a Daily News request for comment.

The cartoonist has a long history of creating controversies and making provocative comments.

In 2019, following a deadly shooting at a festival in Gilroy, Calif., Adams took to Twitter to promote his app WhenHub (he later apologized). He has also pondered the accuracy of the Holocaust death toll and suggested that teen boys are driven to violence by a lack of sex.

In 2020, reflecting on the cancellation of the TV adaptation of “Dilbert” decades earlier, he tweeted “I lost my TV show for being white.”

Adams claimed that wasn’t the first time he suspects being white worked against him professionally. He has also joked on Twitter that he was going to “self-identify as a Black woman” so that he’d be considered for the Supreme Court.

Open Secrets -- Lee Enterprises Political Contributions

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I'm guessing that Lil' Abner wouldn't hold up too well against wokeism either.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If the newspaper quits printing the funny page, how will I know it's Sunday?

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Newspapers suck anyway, the comic strips are all available on the net.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Do people still get newspapers?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
To be honest his comic strip sucked IMO. He's no Bill Waterson nor Gary Larsen.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I used to like a lot of different cartoons in the paper, Dilbert wasn't one of them.

Just down the road from The City of Lost Souls in the Land of the Blind.
Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Phillip_Nesmith
Newspapers suck anyway, the comic strips are all available on the net.

Dilbert gone there too

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Dilbert and the puzzles are the only reason I'll purchase a paper.....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Great. Damned censoring scum. They bleat loudly when they get dinged but perfectly okay to be hypocritical and do the same thing.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Far Side and Pearls Before Swine are missing too. I'll search more later, at the hospital with my wife right now. Recovering from parathyroidectomy.

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Dilbert is hilarious and insightful. One of my favorite comic strips.

E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
In my younger years, I found Dilbert to be quite funny. Then I graduated and got an engineering/technical job with a large corporation. Oh man, I gained much more respect then... it was like he was watching us!
Later I found out that a lot of his ideas... were submitted by engineers.
So to those on the outside, just know that many of the Dilbert strips closely follow actual events or discussions!

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by Phillip_Nesmith
Far Side and Pearls Before Swine are missing too. I'll search more later, at the hospital with my wife right now. Recovering from parathyroidectomy.
Cheers Phil. I hope that goes good for you.
Get some good rest, both of you.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by Morewood
To be honest his comic strip sucked IMO. He's no Bill Waterson nor Gary Larsen.
Who’s Bill and Gary? 😂

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Been listening to Real coffee with scott Adams......

Bill watterson/calvin n Hobbs is one of his all time favorite cartoonist.

I loved calvin n Hobbs, bloom county, far side, all are gone now.

Last edited by SCgman1; 11/21/22.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Found Dilbert and Pearls Before Swine on Arcamax. Pastis' Pearls has been a favorite of mine for years.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
86 members (308ld, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 99Ozarks, 257robertsimp, 11 invisible), 1,587 guests, and 732 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,759
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.