Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

LOL
GB1

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I called NRA-ILA today. They said they where waiting for Measure 114 to go in effect before they get involved. I was told the lawyers where looking into it. I have 4 friends join OFF. Well at least they told me they did. grin

NRA LIFE MEMBER
OHA LIFE MEMBER
RMEF LIFE MEMBER
*MOLON LABE SKYLA*
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Someone should Knut punt K untson

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
As you no doubt have figured out by now, the NRA won't do dlck to stop new gun laws.

They stood by and watched 3 measures get passed in WA while sitting on their thumbs. But hey, I am sure they sold a few memberships due to the hysteria.

"I didn't realize we had so many snipers in this country." by J23
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
I never heard diddly squat back from a single company, other than a couple of auto-generated "Thank You For Contacting Us" forms.

Imagine that...

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by auk1124
I never heard diddly squat back from a single company, other than a couple of auto-generated "Thank You For Contacting Us" forms.

Imagine that...

I would guess that most Fortune 500 companies didn’t reply to the thousands of emails they got from the SJW and the Woke posse who came at them to turn on us Conservatives. They just did it out of fear.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
I dropped Beaves name at Leupold and Frudiii's at Nosler.

Got a GFY from both almost instantly!

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
https://www.oregonfirearms.org/114-goes-to-court

Originally Posted by OFF
Tomorrow is the scheduled court date in our lawsuit to stop the implementation of Ballot Measure 114.

A lot has happened in the last 24 hours. Second Amendment Foundation, with Firearms Policy Coalition, has filed a second suit in Federal Court and Gun Owners of America has filed a friend of the court brief in our case.

The SAF suit essentially mirrors all of the arguments and points we made about the impending magazine ban. They do not discuss or argue the permit to purchase .

While it’s clear that we consider the magazine ban a significant problem with Ballot Measure 114, we strongly oppose the permit to purchase requirements as well. The amicus brief filed by GOA does a good job of further explaining how that element is both extremely damaging and unconstitutional.

There is really no way to predict what will happen tomorrow and it’s unlikely that we will have an answer from the court before next week. And, of course, the clock is ticking on the complete shut down of gun sales on December 8th.

As you know, the current background check system is in near collapse, and while some transfers are taking place, over 30 thousand people are in limbo waiting for approvals (or any response) from the State Police. It is impossible to imagine that any of those people will be able to take possession of the firearms they have paid for if Ballot Measure 114 goes into effect.

The State Police, as you can imagine, have no plans or rules in place to implement the onerous restrictions that 114 imposes on law abiding Oregonians, and sheriffs and police chiefs across the state are faced with the impossible situation of having to provide “permits” that do not exist. Meanwhile tens of thousands of Oregonians have had their rights eliminated BEFORE the measure has gone into effect with no reason to believe there will be any kind of resolution any time soon. So, the outcome of tomorrow’s hearing is way beyond critical.

But for right now, we wanted to take a minute to express our gratitude for every single person who has sacrificed and given so generously to this effort. It is an understatement to say that there are simply no words to convey our thanks.

While the suit filed yesterday by Second Amendment Foundation is being funded by large corporate donors such as Patriot Ordinance Factory and Oregon’s Radian Arms, we have no such benefactors. Every dime of this extremely costly effort has come from people like you, individuals, small dealers, gun clubs, and local collector’s organizations. While we certainly would have welcomed the help of companies like Radian when we were the first to jump into this fight, (and the fight at the ballot box) we will always be in debt to you, the people and small business of this state. (And a few other states.)

We also cannot sufficiently express our thanks to the individual sheriffs who have bravely stepped up to either officially join our suit or express an intention to join.

Sheriffs Brad Lohrey of Sherman County, Cody Bowen of Union County, Brian Wolfe of Malheur County, Gary Bettencourt of Gilliam County, Chris Kaber of Klamath County, Mark Garton of Polk County, and Terry Rowan of Umatilla County have all demonstrated unusual courage and. If you live in one of their counties, you are fortunate to have sheriffs who honor their oaths.

Our legal team has been working on this non-stop and have put aside many other commitments to present the best possible case. Because of the last minute introduction of another lawsuit in the same court, we now face even more unknowns. Of course the minute we know the outcome you will too. 

It has always been our policy to respond to donations with formal “thank you’s” as quickly as possible. As you can imagine, we are a bit behind on that and appreciate your patience.

But, right here and now we wanted each one of you to know how deeply grateful we are for your support.

Carpe' Scrotum
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I just posted that (a shorter vervision over at LongRangeHunting). I just got a email from NRA-ILA that they "Backed Lawsuit Filed to Challenging Oregon Measure 114."

NRA LIFE MEMBER
OHA LIFE MEMBER
RMEF LIFE MEMBER
*MOLON LABE SKYLA*
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Game faces on tomorrow and hopefully the right constitutional decision(s) will be handed down by the courts, sending 114 to the wood shed.

🦫

“Molon Labe”
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I don't get why all the focus is on magazine size. Jeezus, we can't even buy a gun we got bigger problems than magazine size.

For one, you lawyers can clarify, but doesn't Oregon law say the state has to pay for edicts passed down to the local municipalities? And this edict has no funding. End of discussion.

Or am I wrong?

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Hoping for some good news on this today!

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I don't get why all the focus is on magazine size. Jeezus, we can't even buy a gun we got bigger problems than magazine size.

For one, you lawyers can clarify, but doesn't Oregon law say the state has to pay for edicts passed down to the local municipalities? And this edict has no funding. End of discussion.

Or am I wrong?
I believe you are dead right...when they instituted the Oregon Instant (har dee har) Background check a few years back, it required local law enforcement to enforce same. Klamath Co Sheriff, among others, sent Queen Kate or Kitzhaber a registered letter...basically stating "show me the money". He quoted, chapter and verse, apparently there is a long standing law in Oregon that requires the state to reimburse local agencies for executing state laws or rules over and above their normal specified duties. Reply from Salem...crickets.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by flintlocke

Or am I wrong?
I believe you are dead right...when they instituted the Oregon Instant (har dee har) Background check a few years back, it required local law enforcement to enforce same. Klamath Co Sheriff, among others, sent Queen Kate or Kitzhaber a registered letter...basically stating "show me the money". He quoted, chapter and verse, apparently there is a long standing law in Oregon that requires the state to reimburse local agencies for executing state laws or rules over and above their normal specified duties. Reply from Salem...crickets.

Then it should be summarily thrown out. If it isn't, a conspiracy is afoot.

LOL
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
"A couple updates from today's hearing on the Emergency Injunction for Measure 114:

* Judge Immergut expects to have her ruling on today's hearing by Monday, Tuesday at the latest.

*Atty. James Buchal informed the court of their intent to file a fourth lawsuit challenging specifically the Permit to Purchae (PtP) requirement by 5:00p today. He was the Atty. who filed the second lawsuit that addressed only the magazine ban.

*The PtP was not the primary focus of the hearing but was mentioned. Toward the end, Judge Immergut asked about it and the State replied that people would be able to apply for a permit on the 8th. There was laughter and "No"s from those in attendance observing.

A more detailed summary will be available later today. It is unclear which direction the Judge will rule on either the magazine ban or the PtP."

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I believe the judge is a Trump appointee

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I know it's OPB, but it's all my google-fu was able to find on the hearing:

https://www.opb.org/article/2022/12...eek-whether-to-delay-new-oregon-gun-law/

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by longarm
I believe the judge is a Trump appointee

Some may find this interesting.

Karin J. Immergut being questioned by Senator Feinstein during conformation hearing to become a Federal Judge. Note Immergut’s response to District of Columbia v Heller.

https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/Immergut%20Responses%20to%20QFRs.pdf

I’m not overly confident in what this Judge will come back with on Monday or Tuesday.

🦫

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If you read between the lines, all the hubbub is about how the police departments are working so hard to implement this new program by Dec 8 so citizens aren't denied the right to buy firearms.

Yeah, we're fucqued IMO.

https://www.oregonlive.com/crime/20...un-control-challenge-heard-in-court.html

LOL
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Instead of bit Ching online, get involved in the most local politics you can.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

110 members (10gaugemag, 358WCF, 673, 450yukon, 19rabbit52, 30Gibbs, 14 invisible), 1,659 guests, and 890 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,652
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.