Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
effect on Dec. 8th, 2022.

This will be a long post to read. I’m sorry for that, but there is some things I need to say.

Below is a cut and pasted post I did from another thread I responded to on 11/17/2022.

It was written primarily for my Oregon Fire members, while calling on all members here to join in to help me, and Oregon, ensure this law finds itself overturned in the lower courts for being completely unconstitutional in its entirety.

I will explain in my next post what ‘YOU’ can do to help me fight this law. I know some of you feel that Oregon deserves this for being a shît hole and harbinger of Leftist anarchy. I understand completely those feelings...

But, I’m here fighting, and have others just like me in the trenches who’ve been trying to stop any anti-gun legislation for years...And we almost did it, with very little money and virtually no support from all the sporting good manufacturers that call Oregon their home. We fought Ballot Measure 114 to a 49.3% to 50.7% loss.

I was actually stunned over this loss. Not because individuals like me didn’t work hard enough to defeat the measure, but in shock that metro Portland, that saw the worst of the riots and have almost all the homeless encampments voted 75% in favor of 114. WTF! Those 75% obviously love Portland being a cesspool of floating shît. SMH, you can’t explain this rationale. WTF?

Here’s my plan. It’s time for the pissed off voices of the ‘Fire Collective’ to be heard by Oregon’s, knife, scope, clothing, bullet/rifle and boot manufacturers who stood on the sidelines and did nothing with their wallets or by throwing their corporate support against ballot measure 114. They need to hear from all of us and be told we won’t buy from companies that don’t stand up for 2A and law abiding citizens to easily purchase a firearm.

One thing companies seem to understand today, is being ‘Cancelled’. I’m asking for you to help spread the word via email to these Oregon Companies that they need to provide financial support to the law firms who will be filing lawsuits to stop and then overturn Measure 114 by donations sent through Oregon Firearms Federation.

I will follow this post with a list of sporting good manufacturers who are located in Oregon that benefit financially from gun owners, hunters, and shooting enthusiasts, here in Oregon and across the US. I will provide a link to their contact emails. I’m asking for my Fire brothers to take the brief wording I will provide on another post. Cut and paste it to your email and hit send as many times as you want.

If you want to help out with a small or large donation to Oregon Firearms Federation who’s paying the legal bills. That’s appreciated as well. Here’s the link to donate money for the attorneys who will be doing some heavy lifting.

https://oregonfirearms.ejoinme.org/MyPages/DonationPage/tabid/70447/D

POSTED ON 11/17/2022

I hope Oregon is finally pissed off enough to get up from their recliners and finally make a stand.

While this legislation has passed and is currently tying up firearm purchases with ultra long waiting periods for background checks for those without a CHL - some still won’t make the deadline of Dec. 8th.

To get their firearm after the 12/8 they will have to wait for the State legislature to figure out how fund this massive cluster-fûck of training and permitting through LEO/and outside trainers, then take all their required courses before they can claim their gun. (no solid curriculum has been determined yet) Nobody knows when a gun can be legally purchased after Dec. 8th.

When 114 was looking like it would pass, I sent Remsen the full txt of ballot measure 114 and asked him to review it for unconstitutionality. That took Brother Remsen about 10 minutes to reply back to me that the entire measure was so poorly written that it’s unconstitutional in its entirety. Oregon’s Liberal politicians maybe brazen, but they’re still a bunch of idiots when it comes to writing air-tight legislation.

Remsen, said that while it most likely will get overturned, eventually. It likely will be a long, hard, fight to win. He said that while Oregon Legislators are fûck’n retards, the Liberal judges in the lower courts aren’t. Remsen said we should be prepared to see some legal workarounds on 114 to nuance it into a legal tool to keep firearms out of peoples hands.

What’s this mean? And what can we do? Well, your money helps, and so does some of your time…This fight is extremely important on a national stage, not just Oregon.

I would imagine GOA may take the lead on this and challenge it hard, first in the lower courts, and then on to SCOTUS if GOA doesn’t get quick victory. (Updated 11/20/22) There will be approximately 6 separate lawsuits filed to stop and overturn this legislation by several different firms) The donations, for simplicity, are going through Oregon Firearms Federation.

Here’s what we can do. If you’re not a member of Oregon Firearms Federation (OFF) Please join and give some financial help to our only grassroots gun rights advocate. I’m a life member. Here’s the link.

https://www.oregonfirearms.org/

Next, in Oregon we have a lot of companies that provide outdoor equipment to the hunting, fishing, and outdoor adventurist.
Most of these companies stayed silent while this legislative trash was being proposed.

These companies need to be contacted by hundreds of thousands of Oregon gun enthusiasts and told to get on the support train and speak out, publicly, against the unconstitutional 114, or we will never buy another damn piece of their gear.

DuckDuckGo, Google, or whatever you use is your friend to find companies that are located in Oregon.

Here’s just a few.

Gerber knives, BenchMade Knives, Leupold, Kershaw knives, Columbia Sporting Goods, The James Brand Co., Danner Boots.
Sig Sauer Optics……Use your search engine of choice and locate all related outdoor equipment and gear makers in Oregon. Don’t forget the fishing gear makers, either…

SEND THEM AN EMAIL TELLING THEM TO PROVIDE FINANCIAL SUPPORT TO ‘OFF’ AGAINST THE UNCONSTITUTIONAL MEASURE 114 AND TO SPEAK OUT PUBLICLY AGAINST IT OR YOU AND YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY WILL NEVER BUY THEIR PRODUCTS AGAIN….or you can call them and tell them how you feel about their lack of support.

What else? If you’re not a member of Gun Owners of America (GOA) I’m a life member. Join and support their legal war effort. They have some teeth when it comes to doing battle in the courts against unconstitutional gun laws.

Last thing…Please get pissed off and stay pissed off for once. Email you legislators and tell them what you think. If you see a meeting taking place that’s within a reasonable distance from your domicile - make the time to show up. Talk if you want, listen if you prefer, and clap, hoot, boo, when you hear things you agree with and don’t. We need numbers, a lot of numbers of people to show up.

Oregon will be center stage, nationally on this measure. What are we gonna do? Sit it out and have others from outside Oregon fight alone for our rights that we let slip from our hands, again?…Not me!

Fûck these liberal clowns and their agenda to disarm law abiding Oregonians. Fûck these Liberal loons who think a safe utopia is a gunless society where crime escalates, homeless encroachment into neighborhoods is okay - “whoa, watch your step little Stephanie, that’s human shît on the sidewalk”. And, fûck any previous fear of being placed on some political hit list for speaking out against these ass-holes…Note to Oregon, you’re about to be on a list, along with all your firearms under 114, so stop worrying about it.

Oregon, get serious, get pissed, and stop fighting amongst ourselves or with others from the States who are shaking their heads at Oregon. Trust me, if you, we, me, fight this with everything we got. Those in other States will help support our war effort. They know it’s important to them as well. But if we won’t fight for ourselves, why would anyone be willing to help a losing cause?

Gentlemen, If you think this is just an Oregon thing, you are misinformed. Big money, anti-gun non-profits are jacked up with this temporary win. They have never stopped coming for our guns, and if your State has a hint of blushing blue, you’ll be in their sights.

-Beav

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Great write up Beav and good on Remsen too.

I'll send some money and cut and paste a few for ya.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Also, it's unfuggingbelievable that schidt passed after what we witnessed in 2020 with the George Floyd/BLM/Antifa schidt show!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I get you and understand, we have to get all the people who want to keep their guns for whatever reason spun up, and each of them (and us) has to be involved!

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Et tu, Nosler?

Sic Semper Tyrannis
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good on you Beave for organizing a fight, I’m with you and will send donations to OFO, GOA, and SAF as well as emails to the companies you mentioned.
Nevada is much like Oregon, a traditionally conservative state that has recently turned blue due to the fugging liberals in Vegas and Reno.
Can’t count the number of times I’ve heard on here that if you’re in a blue state you should leave rather than support the libs with your taxes…..Yeah let’s all cut and run rather than put up a fight. I’m 5 generations in Nevada, I ain’t going anywhere.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Here is the list that I have compiled of Oregon Companies that manufacturer sporting goods.

Gerber Knives

https://www.gerbergear.com/en-us/support/contact

Nosler

https://www.nosler.com/contact-nosler.html

Danner Boot

https://support.danner.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010816074-What-is-Danner-s-mailing-address-

Leatherman Tool

https://www.leatherman.com/customerservice-contactus.html

Kershaw Knives

https://kershaw.kaiusa.com/customer-service

Benchmade Knives

https://www.benchmade.com/contact

Leupold Scopes

https://www.leupold.com/contact

Sig Sauer Optics

https://www.sigsauer.com/contact

Columbia Sportswear

https://investor.columbia.com/company-information/contacts

MOA Rifles

https://www.moarifles.com/contact/

You can copy and paste this below...or, use your own words, if you prefer.

If you donated money or sent emails, please post that you did. Thank you for your help!

You as a company didn’t do enough to stop Ballot Measure 114 from becoming an unconstitutional law aimed at the law abiding citizens of Oregon.

Now you have a choice to make. Either support the legal fight to have this unconstitutional law overturned by donating your money to Oregon Firearms Federation using the link below

Or, if you choose not to help the millions of hunters, sport shooting, and gun enthusiasts in Oregon who voted against this unconstitutional law. Me and my family will never buy another product made by your company.

Sincerely,

One of Millions

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Beaver10

This will be a long post to read. I’m sorry for that, but there is some things I need to say.

Below is a cut and pasted post I did from another thread I responded to on 11/17/2022.

It was written primarily for my Oregon Fire members, while calling on all members here to join in to help me, and Oregon, ensure this law finds itself overturned in the lower courts for being completely unconstitutional in its entirety.

I will explain in my next post what ‘YOU’ can do to help me fight this law. I know some of you feel that Oregon deserves this for being a shît hole and harbinger of Leftist anarchy. I understand completely those feelings...

But, I’m here fighting, and have others just like me in the trenches who’ve been trying to stop any anti-gun legislation for years...And we almost did it, with very little money and virtually no support from all the sporting good manufacturers that call Oregon their home. We fought Ballot Measure 114 to a 49.3% to 50.7% loss.

I was actually in shock over this loss. Not because individuals like me didn’t work hard enough to defeat the measure, but in shock that metro Portland, that saw the worst of the riots and have almost all the homeless encampments voted 75% in favor of 114. WTF! Those 75% obviously love Portland being a cesspool of floating shît. SMH, you can’t explain this rationale. WTF?

Here’s my plan. It’s time for the pissed off voices of the ‘Fire Collective’ to be heard by Oregon’s, knife, scope, clothing, bullet/rifle and boot manufacturers who stood on the sidelines and did nothing with their wallets or throwing their corporate support against ballot measure 114. They need to hear from all of us and be told we won’t buy from companies that don’t stand up for 2A and law abiding citizens to easily purchase a firearm.

One thing companies seem to understand today, is being ‘Cancelled’. I’m asking for you to help spread the word via email to these Oregon Companies that they need to provide financial support to the law firms who will be filing lawsuits to stop and then overturn Measure 114 through Oregon Firearms Federation.

I will follow this post with a list of sporting good manufacturers who are located in Oregon that benefit financially from gun owners, hunters, and shooting enthusiasts, here in Oregon and across the US. I will provide a link to their contact emails. I’m asking for my Fire brothers to take the brief wording I will provide on another post. Cut and paste it to your email and hit send as many times as you want.

If you want to help out with a small or large donation to Oregon Firearms Federation. That’s appreciated as well. Here’s the link to donate money for the attorneys who will be doing some heavy lifting.

POSTED ON 11/17/2022

I hope Oregon is finally pissed off enough to get up from their recliners and finally make a stand.

While this legislation has passed and is currently tying up firearm purchases with ultra long waiting periods for background checks for those without a CHL - some still won’t make the deadline of Dec. 8th.

To get their firearm after the 12/8 they will have to wait for the State legislature to figure out how fund this massive cluster-fûck of training and permitting through LEO/and outside trainers, then take all their required courses before they can claim their gun. (no solid curriculum has been determined yet) Nobody knows when a gun can be legally purchased after Dec. 8th.

When 114 was looking like it would pass, I sent Remsen the full txt of ballot measure 114 and asked him to review it for unconstitutionality. That took Brother Remsen about 10 minutes to reply back to me that the entire measure was so poorly written that it’s unconstitutional in its entirety. Oregon’s Liberal politicians maybe brazen, but they’re still a bunch of idiots when it comes to writing air-tight legislation.

Remsen, said that while it most likely will get overturned, eventually. It likely will be a long, hard, fight to win. He said that while Oregon Legislators are fûck’n retards, the Liberal judges in the lower courts aren’t. Remsen said we should be prepared to see some legal workarounds on 114 to nuance it into a legal tool to keep firearms out of peoples hands.

What’s this mean? And what can we do? Well, your money helps, and so does some of your time…This fight is extremely important on a national stage, not just Oregon.

I would imagine GOA may take the lead on this and challenge it hard, first in the lower courts, and then on to SCOTUS if GOA doesn’t get quick victory. (Updated 11/20/22) There will be approximately 6 separate lawsuits filed to stop and overturn this legislation by several different firms) The donations, for simplicity, are going through Oregon Firearms Federation.

Here’s what we can do. If you’re not a member of Oregon Federation of Firearms (OFF) Please join and give some financial help to our only grassroots gun rights advocate. I’m a life member. Here’s the link.

Next, in Oregon we have a lot of companies that provide outdoor equipment to the hunting, fishing, and outdoor adventurist.
Most of these companies stayed silent while this legislative trash was being proposed.

These companies need to be contacted by hundreds of thousands of Oregon gun enthusiasts and told to get on the support train and speak out, publicly, against the unconstitutional 114, or we will never buy another damn piece of their gear.

DuckDuckGo, Google, or whatever you use is your friend to find companies that are located in Oregon.

Here’s just a few.

Gerber knives, BenchMade Knives, Leupold, Kershaw knives, Columbia Sporting Goods, The James Brand Co., Danner Boots.
Sig Sauer Optics……Use your search engine of choice and locate all related outdoor equipment and gear makers in Oregon. Don’t forget the fishing gear makers, either…

SEND THEM AN EMAIL TELLING THEM TO PROVIDE FINANCIAL SUPPORT TO ‘OFF’ AGAINST THE UNCONSTITUTIONAL MEASURE 114 AND TO SPEAK OUT PUBLICLY AGAINST IT OR YOU AND YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY WILL NEVER BUY THEIR PRODUCTS AGAIN….or you can call them and tell them how you feel about their lack of support.

What else? If you’re not a member of Gun Owners of America (GOA) I’m a life member. Join and support their legal war effort. They have some teeth when it comes to doing battle in the courts against unconstitutional gun laws.

Last thing…Please get pissed off and stay pissed off for once. Email you legislators and tell them what you think. If you see a meeting taking place that’s within a reasonable distance from your domicile - make the time to show up. Talk if you want, listen if you prefer, and clap, hoot, boo, when you hear things you agree with and don’t. We need numbers, a lot of numbers of people to show up.

Oregon will be center stage, nationally on this measure. What are we gonna do? Sit it out and have others from outside Oregon fight alone for our rights that we let slip from our hands, again?…Not me!

Fûck these liberal clowns and their agenda to disarm law abiding Oregonians. Fûck these Liberal loons who think a safe utopia is a gunless society where crime escalates, homeless encroachment into neighborhoods is okay - “whoa, watch your step little Stephanie, that’s human shît on the sidewalk”. And, fûck any previous fear of being placed on some political hit list for speaking out against these ass-holes…Note to Oregon, you’re about to be on a list, along with all your firearms under 114, so stop worrying about it.

Oregon, get serious, get pissed, and stop fighting amongst ourselves or with others from the States who are shaking their heads at Oregon. Trust me, if you, we, me, fight this with everything we got. Those in other States will help support our war effort. They know it’s important to them as well. But if we won’t fight for ourselves, why would anyone be willing to help a losing cause

Gentlemen, If you think this is just an Oregon thing, you are misinformed. Big money, anti-gun non-profits are jacked up with this temporary win. They have never stopped coming for our guns, and if your State has a hint of blushing blue, you’ll be in their sights.

-Beav

Helps on the way, kiddo.

This one is a really good fight.

I like the odds of a big win but it sucks in the short term for ORs.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I’m sure I’ll say this a few hundred times to all of you before this POS law is buried and sunk in a deep grave.

Thank you for helping me and our other Oregon 2A gunfighters.

🦫

“Molon Labe”
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Great post Beaver. Thank you

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dutch
Et tu, Nosler?

Not enough to fill a thimble.

$175k rounding up was generated to fight against 114.

Those supporting the measure got a single donor donation of $750k from a Liberal woman in Seattle who was originally from Oregon.

Et tu, Nosler.

🦫

“Molon Labe”
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

I was actually in shock over this loss. Not because individuals like me didn’t work hard enough to defeat the measure, but in shock that metro Portland, that saw the worst of the riots and have almost all the homeless encampments voted 75% in favor of 114. WTF! Those 75% obviously love Portland being a cesspool of floating shît. SMH, you can’t explain this rationale. WTF?

Here’s my plan. It’s time for the pissed off voices of the ‘Fire Collective’ to be heard by Oregon’s, knife, scope, clothing, bullet/rifle and boot manufacturers who stood on the sidelines and did nothing with their wallets or throwing their corporate support against ballot measure 114. They need to hear from all of us and be told we won’t buy from companies that don’t stand up for 2A and law abiding citizens to easily purchase a firearm.

One thing companies seem to understand today, is being ‘Cancelled’. I’m asking for you to help spread the word via email to these Oregon Companies that they need to provide financial support to the law firms who will be filing lawsuits to stop and then overturn Measure 114 through Oregon Firearms Federation.

If you want to help out with a small or large donation to Oregon Firearms Federation. That’s appreciated as well. Here’s the link to donate money for the attorneys who will be doing some heavy lifting.

POSTED ON 11/17/2022

Here’s what we can do. If you’re not a member of Oregon Federation of Firearms (OFF) Please join and give some financial help to our only grassroots gun rights advocate. I’m a life member. Here’s the link.

Here’s just a few.

Oregon, get serious, get pissed, and stop fighting amongst ourselves or with others from the States who are shaking their heads at Oregon. Trust me, if you, we, me, fight this with everything we got. Those in other States will help support our war effort. They know it’s important to them as well. But if we won’t fight for ourselves, why would anyone be willing to help a losing cause

-Beav

Helps on the way, kiddo.

Take note,all you JB [bleep]/haters… 👊🏻

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Nestucca

No problem, Tim!

🦫

“Molon Labe”
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I think you are focused on the wrong thing. If this law gets overturned, they'll just pass another one, and you'll be poorer for the fight. Focus on the criminals who are passing unconstitutional laws. Put the fear of the All-Fuucking-Mighty into them if you can't find a court that will hold them accountable. Freedom isn't purchased, it isn't voted on, and it isn't negotiated. It is taken by force, and held with blood.

Not to put a damper on your fight, but you are attempting to negotiate with liars and criminals. Even if you win, you lose.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Beav,

I have something to take care of for an hour or two. Will get back to reading this then.

And, along with what I can send to our Cali organizations (LGB mad ) I'll see if I can send you folks a few shekels.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by Nestucca

No problem, Tim!

🦫
Boy did Nosler just get taken to the wood shed. Others to follow. Guys request a response from them as it puts them on the spot.

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Bump this back up for the OR folks.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
On the good news front, the consensus is that the CA magazine and semi-auto laws are just about to be overturned in the 9th circus. This bodes extremely well for other 9th district jurisdictions. I’d wager Injunctions against 114 should be quickly forthcoming.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
I think you are focused on the wrong thing. If this law gets overturned, they'll just pass another one, and you'll be poorer for the fight. Focus on the criminals who are passing unconstitutional laws. Put the fear of the All-Fuucking-Mighty into them if you can't find a court that will hold them accountable. Freedom isn't purchased, it isn't voted on, and it isn't negotiated. It is taken by force, and held with blood.

Not to put a damper on your fight, but you are attempting to negotiate with liars and criminals. Even if you win, you lose.

This was a ballot measure.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley
On the good news front, the consensus is that the CA magazine and semi-auto laws are just about to be overturned in the 9th circus. This bodes extremely well for other 9th district jurisdictions. I’d wager Injunctions against 114 should be quickly forthcoming.

Fingers crossed that Trump’s appointments to the 9th have made it possible.

Congratulations, Scott. I’ll wait to open the champagne, so not to jinx Cali gun owners.

🦫

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Good on you Beave for organizing a fight, I’m with you and will send donations to OFO, GOA, and SAF as well as emails to the companies you mentioned.
Nevada is much like Oregon, a traditionally conservative state that has recently turned blue due to the fugging liberals in Vegas and Reno.
Can’t count the number of times I’ve heard on here that if you’re in a blue state you should leave rather than support the libs with your taxes…..Yeah let’s all cut and run rather than put up a fight. I’m 5 generations in Nevada, I ain’t going anywhere.

The wife and I looked hard at moving to Wyoming. I still love that State. Whatever excuses were made, we decided to stay put. I would have enjoyed having a break from fighting the anti’s though, living in Wy.

🦫

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley

This.

Lots of wheels in motion.

NYSRPA and GVRed cases threw all the ball in the air.

Good times. grin

John Burns

I have all the sources.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

The wife and I looked hard at moving to Wyoming. I still love that State. Whatever excuses were made, we decided to stay put. I would have enjoyed having a break from fighting the anti’s though, living in Wy.

🦫

Sheridan is nice.
If you go, take Nosler and Leopold with you.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The wife and I looked hard at moving to Wyoming. I still love that State. Whatever excuses were made, we decided to stay put. I would have enjoyed having a break from fighting the anti’s though, living in Wy. 🦫

One of my hunting buddies just retired and decided to buy a place in Wyoming. Thankfully he's keeping his place here in NV for now and will be a snowbird I guess, spend half the year in each place.
My family ties are way too strong here for me to leave.
At least we just elected a Republican Governor who may be able to veto some of the liberal nonsense.
Can't give up, that's what they're counting on.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Good post Beav.

I'll check the accounts tomorrow and see what we can do from here.

And maybe get to contacting some of those businesses, although as a fixed income retired dude I haven't really purchased anything from them in awhile.

There's no need for them to know that though, right. wink

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I know a guy with a dump truck and 2-38 supers he's ready...

Side note can you float me $25 bucks so I can donate to your cause??? I'm good for it..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Good post Beav.

I'll check the accounts tomorrow and see what we can do from here.

And maybe get to contacting some of those businesses, although as a fixed income retired dude I haven't really purchased anything from them in awhile.

There's no need for them to know that though, right. wink

Broke dick...

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Judman

POSTED ON 11/17/2022

Here’s just a few.

-Beav

Helps on the way, kiddo.

Take note,all you JB [bleep]/haters… 👊🏻

Yeah ph uck those guys... John Burns is our man if their is a drunk that can do it John Burns can!

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I just gotta laugh at the phony suckass cuunts, john, nothing more, nothing less....😎

Ain’t easy havin pals.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Judman
I just gotta laugh at the phony suckass cuunts, john, nothing more, nothing less....😎

Can you spot me some cash so I can donate to the cause ?? Thanks.. Nugget..

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
He'll ya nuggy✊😂

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Btw, where's formid,😂 rokslide?haha

Ain’t easy havin pals.
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by Higginez
Great write up Beav and good on Remsen too.

I'll send some money and cut and paste a few for ya.
Yeah higz, that was a good write up. Long to!😝

Good job Beav.
Let me sober up.
Tag🤘🏻

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Up for the early risers who are cranky, waiting for coffee to brew and feel like hammering a few rich companies that sucked supporting our fight to defeat the unconstitutional gun law 114.

Please feel free to cut and paste what I wrote below, unless you have something more to say. Then pick a company or three, clink on their link and let your emails run wild.

🦫

Here is the list that I have compiled of Oregon Companies that manufacturer sporting goods.

Gerber Knives

Nosler

Danner Boot

https://support.danner.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010816074-What-is-Danner-s-mailing-address-

Leatherman Tool

Kershaw Knives

Benchmade Knives

Leupold Scopes

Sig Sauer Optics

https://www.sigsauer.com/career

Columbia Sportswear

If you donated money or sent emails, please post that you did. Thank you for your help!

- x x x - Cut This 👇🏽 - x x x -

You as a company didn’t do enough to stop Ballot Measure 114 from becoming an unconstitutional law aimed at the law abiding citizens of Oregon.

Now you have a choice to make. Either support the legal fight to have this unconstitutional law overturned by donating your money to Oregon Firearms Federation using the link below

Or, if you choose not to help the millions of hunters, sport shooting, and gun enthusiasts in Oregon who voted against this unconstitutional law. Me and my family will never buy another product made by your company.

Sincerely,

One of Millions

“Molon Labe”
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I don't think a lot of these companies actually care. For example Danner is owned by LaCrosse who itself is owned by an Japanese company. This is just one example. Most these companies are most likely owned by some larger equity or holding companies. So is Leupold really Leupold? I doubt it. Same with Gerber/Fiskars and many of the others.

The real problem isnt defending from legislation. Fighting and filing lawsuits probably won't accomplish a lot. The real fight is for the youth. They've captured the youth and the education system. No amount of court battles, reversals or judgments will prevail as long as the educational system has been hijacked.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I disagree on companies not paying attention to what customers have to say.

Here’s a long list of companies that were made to heal by the ‘woke’ activism that came from social media and directed influence from customers threats to do business elsewhere if they didn’t listen.

https://daveseminara.com/complete-list-of-woke-companies-condemning-so-called-racist-voting-laws/

Maybe you could take a few moments and help us out by firing off a few emails, instead of giving reasons and explanations why something won’t work, that already has for the opposition.

Thanks,

🦫

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Beav,
Thanks for keeping on this -I did what I could to make sure everyone I know, knew what a POS this was going to be. Sadly, if you look at the vote counts in some of the counties that you know are against this not enough voters turned out to defeat 114 which is kind a sad deal.

Anyway, I'll be sending some $$$ to the folks that will be working on defeating this cluster and send some emails to the companies you listed - still need the caffeine to kick in though wink

"Rather hunt Mule deer than anything else"
"Team 7MM-08"
E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Emails sent. Thank you for putting this out there.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Sent out the following to all of them.

I am not an Oregon resident, but it has come to my attention that Oregon recently passed a grossly unconstitutional ballot initiative, that makes a mockery of the Second Amendment. There are organizations in Oregon fighting this measure as we speak. Where is your support for them? If you won't fight for the rights of sportsmen in your own state, what will you fight for? Why should sportsmen and gun owners across the globe support your company, if you won't support the sportsmen and gun owners in your own back yard? We are all watching how you and other companies respond to this. And we have long memories. Get to work.

Hope it helps a little.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Dont know if it was just my end.....but about half of the websites listed would not accept an email.

The link was dead.

I am MAGA.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Good fight Beav. Oregon Hunters Association is fighting too. We WILL get this overturned!

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Dont know if it was just my end.....but about half of the websites listed would not accept an email.

The link was dead.
What speed is your dial-up?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Well FIRST OFF... THIS NEEDS TO BE MADE A STICKY, SO WE CAN QUICKLY FIND IT AND REFERENCE IT, WHEN NEEDED.!

Secondly, thanks for bringing ALL of this up Beav. I do get tired of listening to folks typing out, " if you don't like it, then pack up and leave and go somewhere else!" Oh we're scared of the lying cheating liberals ass wholes? Not at this place... If nothing else, you fight these MF'es with the same zeal, if you don't... you just make it easier for them....we need to make everything as hard as possible for them if nothing else.

This is just another leftist bum rush, that I don't believe passed legitimately whatsoever. Just like I don't believe in my wildest imagination, that Tina Kotex won the Governor's Office over Christine Drazen... especially with commercials saying Republicans are too RADICAL for Oregon! WTF!

A fellow Virginia guy that use to be on the campfire, VA Nimrod. Met him when I was back home in Virginia, an attorney by trade... Came up with the fact, with all the Radical Leftists, he was going to stop purchasing firearms, and instead donate what the cost of said firearm would be, to Organizations who fight all of these gun grabbers. Even posted that on the Campfire.. Most folks probably laughed.

I'm at that point in life, I don't need to spend any more money on Firearms. My money is better spent, fighting these leftist loons.
These anti gun people don't even live where most of us, who own guys live anyway. We have metro Potland telling the rest of the State of Oregon, how we should live, to fit their convenience.

Common sense tells anyone paying attention, that Oregon was picked to run this scam, and funded by the Soros crowd, because our election system and the Politicians who run it ( DemocRATS) are the most corrupt SOBs in the country. They've been running this vote by mail scam longer than anyone else. Oregon is just a test run, for what they need to do nationally.. state by state.

If nothing else, we need to make sure it costs ALL those companies that support this schitt and those paying the legal bills ALL the money we can make them spend, regardless of how deep they think their pockets are...

I'm in... If they win, we need to make them pay thru the nose until it hurts.

These people aren't trying to disarm the nation and thinking crime will stop. They are trying to disarm a public, so they don't get thrown out of office by insurrections of armed citizens. Example being how they 'freaked out' over the Jan 6th 'insurrection' that they orchestrated and then, blamed on the other side.. right out of their Communism 101 Rule Book.

In numbers there are MORE of us, than there are of them....regardless of how much money they can scrape up....

Thanks for taking the lead and getting this started... I'm in..

seafire/ Grants Pass.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Coworker's son moved to Portland 12 years ago because he thought the fruits and nuts were the right way to live. He has seen the light and realizes those people are crazy.

He was at a gunshop to buy another gun (new AR15 this time) over the weekend.

Said the line was 2 hours long and spanned out into the street. Said there was a couple in line next to him that were going to buy guns "because this new law is terrible". They had no clue what they wanted or what they wanted to do with it. Just that they knew they needed to buy something now.

Coworker's son said his wife called 911 a few months back because the neighbors kid in diapers was banging on the door of their house and the parents wouldn't let the kid in. His wife was on hold for 9 minutes before getting a dispatcher to talk to.

You'd think people would say enough is enough and end their voting stupidity, but the idiots outnumber the sane.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Lawyers are advising we take dated pictures of our high capacity magazines to prove we had them before the effect date. Guilty until proven innocent! I've had a great life. Come get 'em😉

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by auk1124

I am not an Oregon resident, but it has come to my attention that Oregon recently passed a grossly unconstitutional ballot initiative, that makes a mockery of the Second Amendment. There are organizations in Oregon fighting this measure as we speak. Where is your support for them? If you won't fight for the rights of sportsmen in your own state, what will you fight for? Why should sportsmen and gun owners across the globe support your company, if you won't support the sportsmen and gun owners in your own back yard? We are all watching how you and other companies respond to this. And we have long memories. Get to work.

Hope it helps a little.

That's great!

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
For the Beav I pledge to send Karen emails from multiple accounts.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by hillestadj

DemocRAT [bleep] response, per usual....

FOAD Hillschidt...do the world a favor...

after you finish mopping the floors at the Jr High School you work in...of course.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Seafire

after you finish mopping the floors at the Jr High School you work in...of course.

A thank you would be more appropriate since your do nothing cu.nt will also benefit...

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Thank you for posting this and making it easy for everyone to get involved.

It took a lot of time and effort and I appreciate it very much.

I will definitely complete the work that you have done by e-mailing these Oregon company’s as well as a few others.
At my age in my mid 70’s, I hope that I can live long enough to see our country return to it’s former self.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
OregonMuley - Frank and all of you who are sending donations or firing off emails. Thanks! 🦫

Originally Posted by EastMS
Emails sent. Thank you for putting this out there.

Hope it helps a little.

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

That’s fûck’n Awesome!

Send it!

🦫

“Molon Labe”
V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Emails have been sent from myself to the listed companies. While I noted I was in VA, I made sure to let them know that their business decisions and political choices have impacts outside of their own backyard, concerning their bottom line. More and more people are voting with their wallets, as they will see.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

SeaF,

I guess I missed the bad blood between you and hill.

He’s always been a solid dude to me and one who’d kick a Liberal in the pussy just watch ‘it’ cry.

YMMV

🦫

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SS336
Thank you for posting this and making it easy for everyone to get involved.

It took a lot of time and effort and I appreciate it very much.

I will definitely complete the work that you have done by e-mailing these Oregon company’s as well as a few others.
At my age in my mid 70’s, I hope that I can live long enough to see our country return to it’s former self.

Thank you!

🦫

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Verylargeboots
Emails have been sent from myself to the listed companies. While I noted I was in VA, I made sure to let them know that their business decisions and political choices have impacts outside of their own backyard, concerning their bottom line. More and more people are voting with their wallets, as they will see.

👍🏼🦫

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Beaver, thanks for simplifying the process. I did contact all of the companies above. The links were a little cumbersome but there is an avenue to email on each link, so thanks again for doing this.

I would also highly recommend each Oregonian to contact their local sheriff urging him to make a stand against this measure and ensure the gunshops in his county stay open and continue doing business. Not sure how they get around the Oregon background check system though.

If we could get our sheriffs to say no way to the state we could leverage their authority to freedoms advantage. Without sheriffs fighting the state on our behalf I think we're sunk. They would become the avenue this unConstitutional law is enforced.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The waiting period ‘queue’ for a completed background check in Oregon to take possession of a firearm is over 14k waiting to be approved before the Dec. 8th deadline.

Oregon was an instant background check State. 114 has burned that into the ground.

Many of those who are waiting for their background check to be completed won’t make the Dec. 8th deadline. There is just too many people for the Oregon State Police to process in time....No gun for those who didn’t get approved in time until they complete all the gun safety training, another background check, and pay multiple fees for the training, background, and 5 year permit that will allow a gun to be purchased from an FFL.

Imagine all the smaller FFL’s with a storefront. They’re gonna be impacted in a way that closing shop is the only answer.

Just what the anti-gun lobby wants. Hard to obtain permission-permits to purchase a gun and nowhere to buy a gun afterwards.

🦫

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
LEO wasn’t left out of this legislation either. A cop or deputy, active or retired, still has to go through the permission-permit process.

Their only advantage over regular folk, including those with a CHL, is LEO can use their firearms training to bypass that portion of the laws requirement. Fees for the permit are still required.

🦫

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
LEO wasn’t left out of this legislation either. A cop or deputy, active or retired, still has to go through the permission-permit process.

Their only advantage over regular folk, including those with a CHL, is LEO can use their firearms training to bypass that portion of the laws requirement. Fees for the permit are still required.

🦫

That may be one thing that is on our side. If the cops have to deal with it, maybe they'll throw some weight into the fight.

Us citizens, we're just peons, serfs, deplorables, to the ruling elite. They expect backlash from us. They may hold a public hearing, or give us a kangaroo court to make a ruling on it. All in all, they'll give us the illusion we have a say in the process, but hey, it's all in the numbers, you're outnumbered, sorry.

Well, that's what a democracy is. The majority tells the minority what to do. The USA is a CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC. There are rights written into the governing documents that no majority can take away. By law.

So they rewrite the laws.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by papalondog
Lawyers are advising we take dated pictures of our high capacity magazines to prove we had them before the effect date. Guilty until proven innocent! I've had a great life. Come get 'em😉

Yes.

Do this with something that shows any date earlier than Dec.8th in the picture.

The pictures may help. But remember, while some Sheriff Departments have publicly said they will not enforce or check magazine capacity. Their is other legal beagle cops in metro cities that might.

Oregon’s 114 doesn’t allow for you to carry a magazine holding more than 10 rounds in your firearm while out in public.

On your own property, you can swing away with it.

🦫

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Gerber Knives

Nosler

Danner Boot

Leatherman Tool

Kershaw Knives

Benchmade Knives

Leupold Scopes

Sig Sauer Optics

Columbia Sportswear

Sincerely,

One of Millions

“Molon Labe”
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I sent them all emails asking for free stuff like beaver post said too. Let’s see what happens, fingers crossed.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My NSSF contact told me they are backing at least one suit in Oregon and the general feeling is that you guys should win.

So big bucks are on the way.

Last edited by JohnBurns; 11/21/22.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S
I sent them all emails asking for free stuff like beaver post said too. Let’s see what happens, fingers crossed.

Thanks, Nuggy!

I’ll send you a ham sandwich for your efforts.

Lol

🦫

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
My NSSF contact told me they are backing at least one suit in Oregon and the general feeling is that you guys should win.

So big bucks are on the way.

First suit filed. Several more incoming.

https://www.oregonfirearms.org/first-lawsuit-filed

🦫

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Listened to Kevin from OFF on the local radio station this morning. Sounds like it is going to take a number of law suits to get this thing done.

The suit filed last Friday night should be a good start.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
OK Beave, I've sent a contrib to OFF and I will start contacting the companies you listed.
FWIW I just sent the following email to both the Second Amendment Foundation and the Gun Owners of America and will be awaiting their respective replies. I figured this may help get them focused on the issue.
It may help jog the action if others would also send this or similar emails. I'll post their replies when received.

"I am wondering if GOA has plans to fight the recently passed unconstitutional gun law "Ballot Measure 114" in Oregon? I participate in an online forum that is organizing to fight this law and the members are being asked to contribute to gun rights organizations who will challenge 114.
Where does GOA stand on this issue? Does GOA have any plan to challenge this law?"

Rock on!

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
OK Beave, I've sent a contrib to OFF and I will start contacting the companies you listed.
FWIW I just sent the following email to both the Second Amendment Foundation and the Gun Owners of America and will be awaiting their respective replies. I figured this may help get them focused on the issue.
It may help jog the action if others would also send this or similar emails. I'll post their replies when received.

"I am wondering if GOA has plans to fight the recently passed unconstitutional gun law "Ballot Measure 114" in Oregon? I participate in an online forum that is organizing to fight this law and the members are being asked to contribute to gun rights organizations who will challenge 114.
Where does GOA stand on this issue? Does GOA have any plan to challenge this law?"

Rock on!

Kismet...

I earlier this morning sent and email to GOA asking the same thing you did. SAF is supposedly involved and will be firing off suits as well, as others.

It’s an attack plan on multiple fronts. Money will be needed, and our local companies need to open their wallets, too.

Thanks for everything you’re doing to help.

🦫

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Which knife company was cutting guns that were confiscated or bought back?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Benchmade

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Thanks NV.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Rock on!

Here is the very prompt GOA reply, GOA earns a contribution.

Dear XXX XXX (NVhntr)

Hello, thank you for your concern regarding the outcome of Ballot 114. As you know we at GOA are upset at this tyrannical attack on our constitutional right to Bear arms in Oregon. GOA worked with Oregon Firearms Federation (OFF) trying to get the message out with several alerts and support of Oregon Firearms Federation to vote down this gun control.

As you know the US supreme court found New York in violation of our 2A right and then doubled down on more gun control, we sued and won that case, but they as a state have not reversed their gun control.

GOA’s legal team will be working with the Oregon Firearm Federation legal team to bring forth a lawsuit against the state of Oregon, regarding this matter. So please continue to support GOA and OFF as the battle for your rights is just beginning.

In Liberty

Monte Bowen GOA
Pacific Region Director
monte.bowengunowners.org

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I just joined Oregon Firearms Federation as a Life Member. Thanks Beaver 10 for the help. Ok Oregon gun owners, it's your turn to STEP UP and join.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
OHA LIFE MEMBER
RMEF LIFE MEMBER
*MOLON LABE SKYLA*
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rogue
Listened to Kevin from OFF on the local radio station this morning. Sounds like it is going to take a number of law suits to get this thing done.

The suit filed last Friday night should be a good start.

This will be a giant bar fight before it’s all over. Don’t expect a quick victory. One step forward, maybe a couple backwards.

We have to keep moving forward, until this is settled and our right to own and use a firearm are not infringed by a Liberal State full of gun hating weirdos.

https://thereload.com/second-circuit-stays-new-york-gun-carry-case-allows-law-to-remain-in-effect/

🦫

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Gunaddict
I just joined Oregon Firearms Federation as a Life Member. Thanks Beaver 10 for the help. Ok Oregon gun owners, it's your turn to STEP UP and join.

Nicely done, Ga. Thanks!

I too just became a Life Member of OHA - Oregon Hunters Association. OHA and OFF are working together to generate funding to support the legal wood required to burn this law down.

Please, Fire members, email the Oregon Companies I included above. You can use the cut and paste verbiage I wrote to simplify the process, if you wish.

Email not your thing. A small donation to Oregon Firearm Federation would be equally appreciated.

https://oregonfirearms.ejoinme.org/MyPages/DonationPage/tabid/70447/Default.aspx

If you select the Oregon Firearms Education Fund, it’s a tax deductible donation to the legal fight.

🦫

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Done...

I added others outside or Oregon.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ironbender

That's where the rubber meets the road. I'd like to see our sheriff jump on board. These blatantly unConstitutional laws just need to be ignored by law abiding people.

LOL
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Maybe also put MOA Rifles on the list of companies to contact. They are located in Redmond and the owner now also owns McMillan Stocks. I checked their site and FB but no mention of what their stand is on 114. Not a fan of the owner.

Last edited by Oregonmuley; 11/21/22.

"Team 7MM-08"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Oregonmuley
Maybe also put MOA Rifles on the list of companies to contact. They are located in Redmond and the owner now also owns McMillan Stocks. I checked their site and FB but no mention of what their stand is on 114. Not a fan of the owner.

Wrote them too.

LOL
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Benchmade.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Done...

I added others outside or Oregon.

Appreciate the help.

Thanks!

🦫

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

I completely forgot about those guys and their $10k rifles.

I will add them to the list.

Thanks, Frank.

🦫

“Molon Labe”
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by jackmountain

Benchmade.
I threw a personalized benchmade knife in the trash that was made by a former employee for me when they did that.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Mail sent, local shops and local chain stores, like BiMart, talked to in person. I also sent the list, to friends thar are not fire members. Asking them to pass on the information, and join the fight!

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Sending the links out Mark my family are all sending e-mail and people I know are getting the links. I know people that are in the middle of the road politically that I am putting pressure on to do the right thing and not just stand by and accept whatever happens. It’s a great thing you are organizing. 👍

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Nestucca,

Thanks for doing that.

🦫

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Approximately 2600 views on this thread so far.

I wonder how many members who stopped by made the effort to email the Oregon companies I provided or sent in a small donation to Oregon Firearms Federation to help all of us overturn the unconstitutional 114 anti-gun law?

Many of our members say they love a good fight, well Oregon has a brawl about to start and we need everyone’s help to get this law thrown out in court.

Please see the first page where I included a list of Oregon Companies and their email contact information. Cut and paste what I wrote and go down the list sending emails. Our voices matter as a collective against all unconstitutional 2A anti-gun laws.

-Beav

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Gerber Knives

Nosler

Danner Boot

Leatherman Tool

Kershaw Knives

Benchmade Knives

Leupold Scopes

Sig Sauer Optics

Columbia Sportswear

MOA Rifles

Sincerely,

One of Millions

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

“Molon Labe”
A
A
Hi. I just moved back here to OR from TX, just in time for this. (My dad is not doing well). I'll join in and contact these companies. I currently have 3 transfers to do, and I cant get ahold of anyone / they are all overwhelmed / temporary stopped new transfers. Argh!

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I emailed all of them.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
OHA LIFE MEMBER
RMEF LIFE MEMBER
*MOLON LABE SKYLA*
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I emailed all of them.

Appreciate it Ga.

Thanks!

🦫

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ahoyza
Hi. I just moved back here to OR from TX, just in time for this. (My dad is not doing well). I'll join in and contact these companies. I currently have 3 transfers to do, and I cant get ahold of anyone / they are all overwhelmed / temporary stopped new transfers. Argh!

Ahoyza,

Sorry that you walked into another cluster-fûck of Oregon liberalism and anti-gun organizations making our lives difficult - at least temporarily.

Oregon State Police put out a statement yesterday that they have over 20k background checks to complete, with more being added to the list each day...

OSP knows they won’t get all the BG checks completed before Dec.8th and they are in the dark, like the rest of us on what is supposed to happen to those that don’t get completed.

The only ones that have the answers are the Liberal politicians and the sponsors of the bill 114. They say, it’s no big deal, all will come together in time. Of course they are full of lying shît and have no idea what will happen.

What is happening, is they are getting sued into the next century and hopefully a ‘stay on 114’ will happen, making the law unenforceable along with being unconstitutional, thus thrown out as garbage legislation that can’t be enforced.

We’ll all be waiting, watching, and emailing companies to provide their financial support to the legal funds fighting this law.

Welcome to Oregon. I am truly sorry your dads poor health brought you here from Texas.

-Beav

“Molon Labe”
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

+1 on PSA doing this!

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Ahoyza

Current Oregon law states if OSP hasn't completed their BGC in three business days the FFL can transfer the firearm(s) to you. Hold their feet to the fire

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

+1 on PSA doing this!

Thanks for showing that.

I will email them after I place an order for some reloading stuff tomorrow and thank them.

🦫

“Molon Labe”
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

+1 on PSA doing this!

Thanks for showing that.

I will email them after I place an order for some reloading stuff tomorrow and thank them.

🦫

You are welcome... I wrote/emailed quite a few companies outside of Oregon. I am sure PSA did this on their own (without me)... BUT PUTTING UP AN ACTION ITEM will motivate some... vs. doing nothing.

A 30 round mag is an inanimate peaceful item... until it becomes a tool.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
My apologies Beav... I did not mean to kill the thread.

Maybe other folks have "Action Items" to suggest in this fight.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

LOL
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I called NRA-ILA today. They said they where waiting for Measure 114 to go in effect before they get involved. I was told the lawyers where looking into it. I have 4 friends join OFF. Well at least they told me they did. grin

NRA LIFE MEMBER
OHA LIFE MEMBER
RMEF LIFE MEMBER
*MOLON LABE SKYLA*
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Someone should Knut punt K untson

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
As you no doubt have figured out by now, the NRA won't do dlck to stop new gun laws.

They stood by and watched 3 measures get passed in WA while sitting on their thumbs. But hey, I am sure they sold a few memberships due to the hysteria.

"I didn't realize we had so many snipers in this country." by J23
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
I never heard diddly squat back from a single company, other than a couple of auto-generated "Thank You For Contacting Us" forms.

Imagine that...

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I never heard diddly squat back from a single company, other than a couple of auto-generated "Thank You For Contacting Us" forms.

Imagine that...

I would guess that most Fortune 500 companies didn’t reply to the thousands of emails they got from the SJW and the Woke posse who came at them to turn on us Conservatives. They just did it out of fear.

🦫

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
I dropped Beaves name at Leupold and Frudiii's at Nosler.

Got a GFY from both almost instantly!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
https://www.oregonfirearms.org/114-goes-to-court

Originally Posted by OFF
Tomorrow is the scheduled court date in our lawsuit to stop the implementation of Ballot Measure 114.

A lot has happened in the last 24 hours. Second Amendment Foundation, with Firearms Policy Coalition, has filed a second suit in Federal Court and Gun Owners of America has filed a friend of the court brief in our case.

The SAF suit essentially mirrors all of the arguments and points we made about the impending magazine ban. They do not discuss or argue the permit to purchase .

While it’s clear that we consider the magazine ban a significant problem with Ballot Measure 114, we strongly oppose the permit to purchase requirements as well. The amicus brief filed by GOA does a good job of further explaining how that element is both extremely damaging and unconstitutional.

There is really no way to predict what will happen tomorrow and it’s unlikely that we will have an answer from the court before next week. And, of course, the clock is ticking on the complete shut down of gun sales on December 8th.

As you know, the current background check system is in near collapse, and while some transfers are taking place, over 30 thousand people are in limbo waiting for approvals (or any response) from the State Police. It is impossible to imagine that any of those people will be able to take possession of the firearms they have paid for if Ballot Measure 114 goes into effect.

The State Police, as you can imagine, have no plans or rules in place to implement the onerous restrictions that 114 imposes on law abiding Oregonians, and sheriffs and police chiefs across the state are faced with the impossible situation of having to provide “permits” that do not exist. Meanwhile tens of thousands of Oregonians have had their rights eliminated BEFORE the measure has gone into effect with no reason to believe there will be any kind of resolution any time soon. So, the outcome of tomorrow’s hearing is way beyond critical.

But for right now, we wanted to take a minute to express our gratitude for every single person who has sacrificed and given so generously to this effort. It is an understatement to say that there are simply no words to convey our thanks.

While the suit filed yesterday by Second Amendment Foundation is being funded by large corporate donors such as Patriot Ordinance Factory and Oregon’s Radian Arms, we have no such benefactors. Every dime of this extremely costly effort has come from people like you, individuals, small dealers, gun clubs, and local collector’s organizations. While we certainly would have welcomed the help of companies like Radian when we were the first to jump into this fight, (and the fight at the ballot box) we will always be in debt to you, the people and small business of this state. (And a few other states.)

We also cannot sufficiently express our thanks to the individual sheriffs who have bravely stepped up to either officially join our suit or express an intention to join.

Sheriffs Brad Lohrey of Sherman County, Cody Bowen of Union County, Brian Wolfe of Malheur County, Gary Bettencourt of Gilliam County, Chris Kaber of Klamath County, Mark Garton of Polk County, and Terry Rowan of Umatilla County have all demonstrated unusual courage and. If you live in one of their counties, you are fortunate to have sheriffs who honor their oaths.

Our legal team has been working on this non-stop and have put aside many other commitments to present the best possible case. Because of the last minute introduction of another lawsuit in the same court, we now face even more unknowns. Of course the minute we know the outcome you will too. 

It has always been our policy to respond to donations with formal “thank you’s” as quickly as possible. As you can imagine, we are a bit behind on that and appreciate your patience.

But, right here and now we wanted each one of you to know how deeply grateful we are for your support.

Carpe' Scrotum
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I just posted that (a shorter vervision over at LongRangeHunting). I just got a email from NRA-ILA that they "Backed Lawsuit Filed to Challenging Oregon Measure 114."

NRA LIFE MEMBER
OHA LIFE MEMBER
RMEF LIFE MEMBER
*MOLON LABE SKYLA*
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Game faces on tomorrow and hopefully the right constitutional decision(s) will be handed down by the courts, sending 114 to the wood shed.

🦫

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I don't get why all the focus is on magazine size. Jeezus, we can't even buy a gun we got bigger problems than magazine size.

For one, you lawyers can clarify, but doesn't Oregon law say the state has to pay for edicts passed down to the local municipalities? And this edict has no funding. End of discussion.

Or am I wrong?

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Hoping for some good news on this today!

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I don't get why all the focus is on magazine size. Jeezus, we can't even buy a gun we got bigger problems than magazine size.

For one, you lawyers can clarify, but doesn't Oregon law say the state has to pay for edicts passed down to the local municipalities? And this edict has no funding. End of discussion.

Or am I wrong?
I believe you are dead right...when they instituted the Oregon Instant (har dee har) Background check a few years back, it required local law enforcement to enforce same. Klamath Co Sheriff, among others, sent Queen Kate or Kitzhaber a registered letter...basically stating "show me the money". He quoted, chapter and verse, apparently there is a long standing law in Oregon that requires the state to reimburse local agencies for executing state laws or rules over and above their normal specified duties. Reply from Salem...crickets.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by flintlocke

Or am I wrong?
I believe you are dead right...when they instituted the Oregon Instant (har dee har) Background check a few years back, it required local law enforcement to enforce same. Klamath Co Sheriff, among others, sent Queen Kate or Kitzhaber a registered letter...basically stating "show me the money". He quoted, chapter and verse, apparently there is a long standing law in Oregon that requires the state to reimburse local agencies for executing state laws or rules over and above their normal specified duties. Reply from Salem...crickets.

Then it should be summarily thrown out. If it isn't, a conspiracy is afoot.

LOL
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
"A couple updates from today's hearing on the Emergency Injunction for Measure 114:

* Judge Immergut expects to have her ruling on today's hearing by Monday, Tuesday at the latest.

*Atty. James Buchal informed the court of their intent to file a fourth lawsuit challenging specifically the Permit to Purchae (PtP) requirement by 5:00p today. He was the Atty. who filed the second lawsuit that addressed only the magazine ban.

*The PtP was not the primary focus of the hearing but was mentioned. Toward the end, Judge Immergut asked about it and the State replied that people would be able to apply for a permit on the 8th. There was laughter and "No"s from those in attendance observing.

A more detailed summary will be available later today. It is unclear which direction the Judge will rule on either the magazine ban or the PtP."

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I believe the judge is a Trump appointee

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I know it's OPB, but it's all my google-fu was able to find on the hearing:

https://www.opb.org/article/2022/12...eek-whether-to-delay-new-oregon-gun-law/

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by longarm
I believe the judge is a Trump appointee

Some may find this interesting.

Karin J. Immergut being questioned by Senator Feinstein during conformation hearing to become a Federal Judge. Note Immergut’s response to District of Columbia v Heller.

https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/Immergut%20Responses%20to%20QFRs.pdf

I’m not overly confident in what this Judge will come back with on Monday or Tuesday.

🦫

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If you read between the lines, all the hubbub is about how the police departments are working so hard to implement this new program by Dec 8 so citizens aren't denied the right to buy firearms.

Yeah, we're fucqued IMO.

https://www.oregonlive.com/crime/20...un-control-challenge-heard-in-court.html

LOL
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Instead of bit Ching online, get involved in the most local politics you can.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
A lot of gun owners bitch about their 2nd Amendment rights, but they don't pay a cent to help protect them.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
OHA LIFE MEMBER
RMEF LIFE MEMBER
*MOLON LABE SKYLA*
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Going after your Constitutionally protected rights while blatantly ignoring this (Psilocybin Mushroom shop):

https://www.oregonlive.com/portland...-portland-shop-is-selling-it-anyway.html

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He's a bit if a goof, but he does pretty good analysis of 2nd Amendment issues. Here he addresses the hearing on Friday.

Also the State has come back on Sunday and told the court that the permit system will not be ready on the 8th. The attorney should have his pee-pee whacked for the blatant falsehood he told the court on Friday that it would be in place.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
http://www.oregonfirearms.org/another-head-fake-from-the-attorney-general

Originally Posted by Oregon Firearms Federation
Another Head Fake From The Attorney General – Oregon Firearms Federation

Late yesterday Oregon’s Attorney General sent a request to the Federal Judge in our lawsuit against the implementation of Ballot Measure 114.

In her letter she asked the judge to delay the permit portion of the measure for a short time.

While this was a tacit admission that her chief lawyer (who assured the Judge on Friday that the permit system would be operational by Dec 8th) was, at very best, transparently and comically deceitful, it does little to address the problem.

It is becoming abundantly clear to all that Measure 114 is little more than an overturned outhouse dumped in the laps of law enforcement by the bigots at “Lift Every Voice.”

However this request by the criminal protection syndicate that controls Oregon is not even a bandaid on the massive hemorrhaging the state is promoting.

The Attorney General is still demanding that all other elements of this dumpster fire go into effect on the 8th of December

As OFF’s lawyer Leonard Williamson has pointed out:

“The AG is mistaken in that Plaintiffs challenging the magazine ban are not affected by their request to postpone implementation of the permit to purchase system. Presently OSP has 34,790 people waiting on the background check list waiting for a firearm, that they have already paid for, to clear the system. Some % of those sales are firearms that included as part of the sale standard capacity magazines (large capacity) e.g., the Glock 19 comes with three 15 round mags). Meaning if the ban on magazines takes effect on 12/8/22, and the permit system is suspended, the gun shop owners can not allow the customer to leave with their standard capacity magazines i.e., an unlawful government taking of property without due process. Second, what the government is saying is that gun dealers may only sell guns with magazines that only hold ten rounds. That is a very small group of firearms.”

It is absurd to assume gun dealers are going to remove the standard magazines that come with most modern firearms and dispose of them and hand their customers worthless firearms with no magazines.

And as we have repeatedly (and pointlessly) reminded the ventriloquist dummies in the cartel media, even if the court complies with the AG’s request, most shotguns will still be illegal to transfer (or take out of your home assembled if you already own them).

As you know, after the Department of Justice’s lead lawyer, Brian Marshall, insisted that a process would be in place to issue permits, the people who are tasked with actually doing it publicly announced that his announcement was purely fiction.

The Oregon Sheriff’s Association has made it clear that it is simply impossible to provide the mandated training which is required before a person may even APPLY for the fairy dust “permit.” Imagine how much worse it will be for small municipal police agencies.

Furthermore, a delay in the implementation of the arcane and onerous permit system does not address the backlog of over 30 thousand Oregonians who are being denied their rights even now.

What the criminal protection syndicate, and the cartel media, refuse to acknowledge is that if people who are waiting for background check approvals have to wait over 30 days ( a very common reality) an approval does not allow them to take possession of their property. They must start the whole process all over again, complete new forms at the gun store and get back in line. This could put people in an endless “Groundhogs Day” nightmare loop. And that does not even consider the fact that many people are actually moving backwards in the line as persons with concealed handgun licenses are put in the queue ahead of them. And since 114 eliminates the rule allowing for transfers after 3 days if the police don’t complete a background check or issue a denial, even that safeguard disappears.

We are eagerly awaiting a decision by the judge, which may come as early as today. But until then we have no illusions that the Attorney General is engaged in anything more than a head fake.

To add to the chaos, the Senate Judiciary Committee has scheduled a hearing on the implementation of 114 for Dec 7 at 8.30 AM. There is no telling what a Democrat controlled legislature will do to make this worse.

Carpe' Scrotum
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Reckon JeffO don't wanna talk about it?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Raferman

If you want a laugh, go over to iFish and read his posts on the matter. He acts like he's an expert on constitutional law and is all up in arms about it. Fuggn democrat voting POS is the biggest clown online. I got banned (again) over there for replying to the stupid fugger.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Moderators on IFISH are Liberal. JeffO is the prime example of what's wrong in Oregon (Liberal).

Last edited by Gunaddict; 12/05/22. Reason: ..

NRA LIFE MEMBER
OHA LIFE MEMBER
RMEF LIFE MEMBER
*MOLON LABE SKYLA*
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Letter to the court from the DOJ requesting a stay on the permit requirements.

https://www.scribd.com/document/612421378/Attorney-General-Letter-to-the-Court

Carpe' Scrotum
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
An interesting piece of this stupidity is, K untson and his ilk included suicide prevention as a major reason for pushing 114. Fuggn Oregon has assisted suicide.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Originally Posted by Raferman

If you want a laugh, go over to iFish and read his posts on the matter. He acts like he's an expert on constitutional law and is all up in arms about it. Fuggn democrat voting POS is the biggest clown online. I got banned (again) over there for replying to the stupid fugger.
Bunch of bed wetting sissys on ifish.

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
A lot of gun owners bitch about their 2nd Amendment rights, but they don't pay a cent to help protect them.

Shakin the tree boss! Shakin the tree!

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Joined and donated to the cause here as well

Last edited by Certifiable; 12/05/22.

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
From OFF email this morning:

---------------------------------------------------------
MOTION DENIED

Early this morning we were notified that Judge Karin Immergut has denied our motion to delay the implementation of Ballot Measure 114.

She did agree with the state’s request to delay the permitting process for 30 days. A process the state assured the court will be ready by Thursday.

That will provide no protection for anyone who currently owns a standard capacity magazine or anyone who owns a common shotgun which will now be contraband.

It also does nothing for anyone waiting to take possession of a firearm they paid for but have not received, if that gun comes with a standard magazine.

Furthermore, come Thursday even security guards and off duty police will be breaking the law if they are in possession of a standard magazine.

This is a lengthy (and obviously disappointing) decision and we will have more information soon. But for now, unless something really unexpected happens, understand that your rights will be, once again, seriously eroded starting Thursday.

--------------------------------------------------------

Carpe' Scrotum
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Federal female judge in Portland ruled for measure 114. Goes into effect Thursday. Hope those libtards feel good about themselves. They just imported tens of thousands more guns into Oregon. Kind of ironic for those morons who support this non- constitutional crap. Portland and all the liberal cites will enjoy the fruit of their plantings.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I could read the writing on the wall with this judge.

The criteria she was using to *weigh* her decision was not Constitutionally based. She should have thrown it out based on the lack of funding alone considering Oregon law requires funding if the state is going to mandate an edict and pass it down to local jurisdictions. This measure does not included funding.

Welcome to the liberals remaking of the USA.

LOL
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Am surprised they didn't require a forehead number tattoo to be able to purchase.

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They've been doing it since Wilson c. 1913
I could read the writing on the wall with this judge.

The criteria she was using to *weigh* her decision was not Constitutionally based. She should have thrown it out based on the lack of funding alone considering Oregon law requires funding if the state is going to mandate an edict and pass it down to local jurisdictions. This measure does not included funding.

Welcome to the liberals remaking of the USA.

They've been doing it since Wilson c.1913.

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
https://www.oregonlive.com/crime/20...rest-of-measure-114-to-take-effecct.html

A judge on Tuesday ordered Measure 114′s permit-to-purchase gun regulation be delayed for 30 days but allowed its ban on the sale and transfer of large-capacity magazines to take effect as planned on Thursday.

The requirement that background checks must be completed before any gun is sold or transferred in Oregon also will be allowed to go into effect.

U.S. District Judge Karin J. Immergut denied a temporary restraining order in a 43-page ruling just two days before the voter-approved measure is set to become law.

“The burden imposed by Measure 114 on the core Second Amendment right of self-defense is minimal,” the judge found.

“In light of the evidence of the rise in mass-shooting incidents and the connection between mass-shooting incidents and large-capacity magazines — and absent evidence to the contrary regarding the role of large-capacity magazines for self-defense — Defendants are comparably justified in regulating large-capacity magazines to protect the public,” Immergut wrote.

The ruling marked a big win for proponents and the drafters of Measure 114, who researched regulations in other states before presenting the broad gun-control measure to Oregon voters. Penny Okamoto, executive director of Ceasefire Oregon, said Tuesday in reaction to the ruling, “Frankly, I am full of relief and gratitude. Measure 114 has given voice to Oregonians who want strong, effective movement forward in the work to reduce gun violence.”

The Oregon measure, which passed with 50.7% of votes, calls for a ban on the sale, transfer and manufacture of magazines that hold more than 10 rounds; requires a permit to purchase a gun; and bars a gun sale or gun transfer before a background check is completed. Under current federal law, firearms dealers can sell guns without a completed background check if the check takes longer than three business days.

Immergut found the Oregon Firearms Federation, three county sheriffs and two gun-store owners had failed to show they will suffer “immediate and irreparable harm” if the measure takes effect. They also failed to demonstrate that magazines capable of holding more than 10 rounds are necessary for self-defense or commonly used for lawful purposes, she wrote.

“However,” she added, “in light of the difficulty the State has conceded in terms of implementation of the permitting provisions at this stage,” the judge temporarily put on hold the measure’s permit requirement for buying a gun.

That means that, for 30 days after the judge’s ruling or at least until Jan. 5, Oregonians won’t be required to obtain a permit to buy a gun. The parties in the federal cases are negotiating over the precise terms and whether that period will be sufficient to get a permitting process in place, said Assistant Senior Attorney General Brian Simmonds Marshall.

The judge directed the state attorney general and other parties to the case to report back to her if they need any further postponements.

Immergut issued her ruling after hearing two hours of argument in court Friday and upon reviewing legal filings in four different lawsuits filed in the last two weeks.

Despite an earlier assurance that Oregonians would be able to apply for permits on Thursday, the attorney general’s office late Sunday night urged the court to delay the permitting process for up to two months, acknowledging that local sheriffs and police agencies would not be ready to support the permitting process and that required firearms safety-and-training courses weren’t yet available.

The judge acknowledged the legal landscape had changed with the June U.S. Supreme Court ruling in New York State Rifle & Pistol Association Inc. v. Bruen, which struck down a New York law that placed strict limits on carrying guns outside the home.

But Immergut wrote, “it is equally important to recognize what Bruen did not do.”

As she did during Friday’s hearing, the judge pointed out that the majority in the 6-3 Supreme Court ruling noted that the Second Amendment is not a “regulatory straightjacket” that protects a right to “keep and carry any weapon whatsover in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose.” The Bruen decision, further, acknowledged the constitutionality of particular gun licensing, Immergut wrote.

Based on the Supreme Court ruling, the government must justify its regulation by demonstrating it is consistent with the “Nation’s historical tradition of firearm regulation,” the judge wrote.

While gun-rights advocates presented evidence about the popularity of magazines that hold more than 10 rounds, and noted they standardly come with certain variants of the Glock pistol, they didn’t produce evidence that these weapons can “only” operate with magazines that accept more than 10 rounds, Immergut wrote.

By contrast, the state’s attorney general showed that “all firearms that can accept a detachable large-capacity magazine can also accept a magazine that holds 10 or fewer rounds and function precisely as intended,” the opinion said. Further, any gun with a fixed magazine can be modified to hold 10 or fewer rounds and function as intended, the judge ruled.

The plaintiffs, therefore, failed to show that magazines that hold more than 10 rounds are “covered by the plain text of the Second Amendment,” the opinion said.

The state also provided statistics that show it’s exceedingly rare for someone, in a self-defense situation, to fire more than 10 rounds, the ruling said. And the state attorney general’s office provided evidence that high-capacity magazines are disproportionately used in mass shootings, the judge wrote.

Every mass shooting since 2004 that resulted in 14 or more deaths has involved large-capacity magazines, the opinion noted.

While she delayed the measure’s new permitting requirement to buy guns, Immergut found the permit regulation met constitutional muster.

To obtain a permit, an applicant will be required to be fingerprinted, pass a background check and complete a firearms safety-and-training course and pay an expected $65 fee. She ruled that the permit-to-purchase provision is in line with the “shall-issue” permit scheme supported by the U.S. Supreme Court’s ruling in June.

If an applicant meets the criteria for the permit, the permit agent -- which is likely to be a county sheriff’s office or local police agency -- “shall issue” the permit, Immergut wrote.

The judge appeared to discount the argument that the ban on magazines with more than 10 rounds amounted to the unlawful “taking” of gun owners’ property.

Immergut pointed out that those who already own or may inherit large-capacity magazines can keep them, under Measure 114.

And magazines with more than 10 rounds still can be kept on private property or used in shooting competition, at shooting ranges or for other recreational purposes, such as hunting, as allowed by state law.

“The language of the statute plainly does not deprive owners of their property. Such a regulation cannot be said to effect a physical taking,” the judge wrote. “Measure 114 is not retroactive: it does not render Plaintiffs’ already possessed large-capacity magazines illegal, allows Plaintiffs to retain possession of these large-capacity magazines on their property, and allows Plaintiffs to use these large-capacity magazines in limited situations.”

The judge further pointed out that sheriffs and law enforcement, under the measure, still may obtain and possess such large-capacity magazines and use them within the scope of their “official duties,” and buy specially-marked magazines that hold more than 10 rounds once Measure 114 takes effect. And gun stores and gun owners, the judge ruled, aren’t likely to lose significant business under the new regulations.

The measure has drawn four legal challenges in federal court and one in Harney County Circuit Court by gun-rights advocates and national organizations, such as Gun Owners of America. The federal court cases will proceed to arguments for a preliminary injunction.

In a statement, Lift Every Voice Oregon, the interfaith group that was behind the initiative that got Measure 114 on the November ballot, said it supported the attorney general’s request to delay the permitting regulation and thanked the attorney general for working with law enforcement to “ensure an effective” transition to the new permit-to-purchase requirement.

Kevin Starrett, executive director of the Oregon Firearms Federation, sent an email to his supporters Tuesday, alerting them of the unfavorable ruling. “This is a lengthy (and obviously disappointing) decision and we will have more information soon,” he wrote. “But for now, unless something really unexpected happens, understand that your rights will be, once again, seriously eroded starting Thursday.”

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
"The plaintiffs, therefore, failed to show that magazines that hold more than 10 rounds are “covered by the plain text of the Second Amendment,” the opinion said."

Since when was someone trying to preserve rights guaranteed in the Constitution a "plaintiff"?

We ought to hang them all.

LOL
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
TRO on 114

PORTLAND, Ore. — A state circuit court judge has granted an injunction against Oregon's Measure 114 on Tuesday, just hours after a federal judge denied a motion that sought to block the ballot measure's ban on high-capacity gun magazines.

Circuit Court Judge Robert Raschio in Harney County ruled in favor of a temporary restraining order on the grounds that the measure would infringe on their right to bear arms because they would be "unable to lawfully purchase a firearm or bear a magazine capable of holding more than 10 rounds of ammunition."

The challenge was one of several brought forth against the measure, which narrowly passed in the midterm election and was set to go into effect Thursday. It would require anyone purchasing a new firearm to get a permit through state and county law enforcement agencies, take a training course and do a background check.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by Higginez

Shakin the tree boss! Shakin the tree!

I donated $500 to OFF

NRA LIFE MEMBER
OHA LIFE MEMBER
RMEF LIFE MEMBER
*MOLON LABE SKYLA*
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Moderators on IFISH are Liberal. JeffO is the prime example of what's wrong in Oregon (Liberal).
ifish sucks, they are epitome of liberal censorship.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Oregon State Police put online the ‘Permit to Own Application” to give people a chance to look over the application.

https://www.oregon.gov/osp/programs/cjis/Pages/Permit-to-Purchase-Program.aspx

🦫

“Molon Labe”
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
So our rights have been violated! A friend tried to buy a rifle through Cabelas. Cabelas will not ship a gun to Oregon at this time. Screw Cabelas!

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
As of today (and the past 72 hours)... I have pounded Virginia "Elected Officials" with 64 emails and 200+ phone calls...

AS DIRECTED BY https://vcdl.org/ here in Virginia...

I will travel 3+ hours to hammer the SBA and BOS at the Pittsylvania Public Hearing... https://vcdl.org/mpage/PittsylvaniaUpdate1

I ONLY MAKE THIS POINT... because beating the fugg out of Communists really really matters!

Good Luck Oregon... Kick their ass.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Haha

bcp Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
So our rights have been violated! A friend tried to buy a rifle through Cabelas. Cabelas will not ship a gun to Oregon at this time. Screw Cabelas!
Maybe it should be screw the idiots that ever voted anything remotely liberal or more so. Cabelas is simply following rules. The citizens of the state are the ones that voted this trash in.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by rost495
Maybe it should be screw the idiots that ever voted anything remotely liberal or more so. Cabelas is simply following rules. The citizens of the state are the ones that voted this trash in.

It is perfectly legal for them to send a gun to an FFL in Oregon. It is perfectly legal for me to purchase a gun. They should back the sportsmen and the 2nd amendment and not bow to the woke. What business are they in and where does their money come from?

Last edited by papalondog; 12/15/22.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
The Oregon judge has put a hold on the magazine ban until it can be found constitutionally. That may take years. But do good sports companies are refusing to sell guns to Oregon. Glad I am old. Pity the next sleeping generation.

B
B
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot

This ^

Isaiah Miller
Family Man & Fisherman
Founder @ Cash for Arms -- The Easy Way to Sell Your Guns!
"Fishing is more than fish. It is the great occasion when we return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Here's an interesting angle on 114, could be helpful in getting it tossed??

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/p...mp;cvid=cd0e1325e60640f9957db7e314441b0c

"Team 7MM-08"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Here's an interesting angle on 114, could be helpful in getting it tossed??

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/p...mp;cvid=cd0e1325e60640f9957db7e314441b0c

So now they get a firsthand lesson in civics.

LOL
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

This crap wasn't voted in.... elections don't matter in this state....

The controlling democRATs, just state election results are whatever they want.... with the excuse " Oh Sorry Republicans, it was SO Close!"

Kate Brown was on her soap box, over Biden winning, stating the DemocRATS took the lead that Oregon started... which the rest of the world calls election FRAUD.....been this way since they started " Mail In Voting"....

I go over to the election office each election. I do my ballot and hand it in, and then stand there until I watch them process it..

Every year I watch them get a ballot that was handed in directly to them, and then open it, glance over it... then never enter a darn thing in their computer from the ballot, and then just drop it in the shreader by their desk and destroy it...

then with other ballots they enter the results into their computer....

doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out exactly what they are doing....

Oregon Politics is no different from and fully equal to, some third world communist countries political elections....

And the commies in WA are tagging along. Tis is sad time in a one free nation...

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

We in oregon are probably not far behind whatever state you live in. We are 4 to 6 of them. That 6 live in the urban [bleep] and us 4 live in the country. So sick of dumbfuks thinking all oregonians are libtards.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
All hail the new queen, Tina Kotek!

LOL
O
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
O
Sad day, she's another evil one

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I saw on tonights news that Oregon House bill 114 has been put on hold by a federal Judge . I was unable to determine the next steps but more coverage will undoubtedly clear that up. Anyway good news for all Americans.

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
I am old now, but I can still remember, when I was very young, my aunts and uncles saying, "California can do whatever they want as long as it doesn't come up here, to Oregon."
It was the 1960's. I still hear people saying the same thing, but now in Georgia, Florida, and Texas.

Retired USAF
NRA Benefactor Member/Golden Eagle
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I highly encourage y'all to get VERY ORGANIZED...

VCDL here in Virginia put this out last night...

https://vcdl.org/mpage/VCDLLegUpd012723

I believe it is an excellent model for Oregon Gun Owners to adopt...

Good Luck in your ongoing Fight against the Communist takeover of Oregon!

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I highly encourage y'all to get VERY ORGANIZED...

VCDL here in Virginia put this out last night...

https://vcdl.org/mpage/VCDLLegUpd012723

I believe it is an excellent model for Oregon Gun Owners to adopt...

Good Luck in your ongoing Fight against the Communist takeover of Oregon!

These updates come out daily, weekly as emails and on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/VCDLorg/

The "Tracking Tool" PVC and his team does is OUTSTANDING.

https://vcdl-lis.org/

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Oregon Supreme Court upholds Oregon State Judge’s ‘stay ruling’ out of Harvey County that Ballot Measure 114 can’t go into effect.

https://www.oregonfirearms.org/huge-win-for-gun-owners

Still fighting the fight in Oregon.

🦫

“Molon Labe”
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Oregon Supreme Court upholds Oregon State Judge’s ‘stay ruling’ out of Harvey County that Ballot Measure 114 can’t go into effect.

https://www.oregonfirearms.org/huge-win-for-gun-owners

Still fighting the fight in Oregon.

🦫

+1

Glad you y'all...

Keep kicking that Communist ASS!

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by splittinghairs
I am old now, but I can still remember, when I was very young, my aunts and uncles saying, "California can do whatever they want as long as it doesn't come up here, to Oregon."
It was the 1960's. I still hear people saying the same thing, but now in Georgia, Florida, and Texas.

+Tennessee. +Montana +Wyoming +Idaho

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Well the DemocRATS have just replaced this with House Bill 348...

in it they jack up fees, put more limitations ( wait times etc)... then Ram it thru their little system, just before their annual recess...
they only have about 6 months or less of in session time annually...

so they throw a grenade to the public to have to fight this thru the courts once again...

When are we going to quit calling these Aass Wholes "DemocRATS" and call them what they really are:
MF'g COMMUNISTS....

Whoever coined the phrase " the only good Communist is a dead Communist" was 100% right, whether he was taking about a full blown commie, or a hiding Commie Aka "DemocRAT"

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Read this bullshit:

https://www.oregonlive.com/crime/20...to-marion-county-new-amendment-says.html

Legal challenges to state gun control bill would be restricted to Marion County, new amendment says
Updated: Apr. 03, 2023, 1:51 p.m.|Published: Apr. 03, 2023, 11:33 a.m.
Court jurisdiction
Legislatures have a fair amount of control over court jurisdiction but the amendment does “smack a bit of forum shopping,” yet the plaintiffs challenging Measure 114 in Harney County “were themselves forum shopping,” said Steve Kanter, dean emeritus at Lewis & Clark Law School.Patti Sapone | NJ Advance Media

By Maxine Bernstein | The Oregonian/OregonLive
A last-minute amendment to a state gun control bill that largely mimics voter-approved Measure 114 would restrict future legal challenges to the bill to Marion County Circuit Court.

The move is aimed at avoiding so-called “forum shopping,” the practice of pursuing a legal claim in a court that is likely to treat it most favorably.

Late last year, the Virginia-based Gun Owners of America filed a lawsuit in Oregon’s rural and conservative Harney County, where a judge issued injunctions putting Measure 114 on hold as he considers whether the new gun regulations meet state constitutional muster.

In Harney County, 85% of voters opposed the measure last November. In Marion County, 58% of voters opposed the measure and 42% supported it, according to state certified results. The measure narrowly passed statewide with 50.7% support.

While the plaintiffs challenging Measure 114 in Harney County appeared to be seeking a ruling reflecting their point of view, the amendment also does “smack a bit of forum shopping,” too, even though legislatures have a fair amount of control over court jurisdiction, said Steve Kanter, dean emeritus at Lewis & Clark Law School.

Sen. Dennis Linthicum, R- Klamath Falls, a member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, blasted the amendment in a statement Monday.

“This is just a naked attempt to thwart perfectly valid, warranted and legal challenges by camouflaging the illegal, unconstitutional, and deceitful nature of this bill behind the entitlement of a single jurisdictional authority,” he wrote. " One jurisdiction to rule them all, and a jurisdiction that is most-likely beholden to the Democrat party.”

Sen. Floyd Prozanski, chair of the Senate Judiciary Committee, filed the amendment to Senate Bill 348 on Friday night after holding a public hearing on the main bill last week. He did not immediately respond to messages seeking his comment. Prozanski sponsored the bill, which was drafted by a state legislative counsel after a work group was convened.

The committee, which was scheduled Monday to consider the amendment and then decide whether to hold a vote and pass the bill out of committee, postponed the work session on the bill and amendment until Tuesday at 1 p.m.

SB 348 sets out a procedure to apply for a permit to buy a gun and requires state police to complete a background check before a gun can be sold or transferred to a permit holder, starting July 1, 2024. It also would ban the sale or purchase of magazines holding more than 10 rounds of ammunition, except for use by military or law enforcement officers. The large-capacity ammunition ban would become effective on the date the bill is signed into law if approved.

The bill goes further than Measure 114 by also raising the age for gun buyers, increasing the waiting period to obtain a gun and increasing the fees to obtain a gun permit.

People would have to be 21 to get a permit and buy a gun with one temporary exception: 18-, 19- and 20-year-olds could buy certain hunting rifles and shotguns without a permit until July 2026 -- as long as they have completed a firearms safety course.

The initial fee to apply for a permit would be $150, with no more than $48 going to state police and the FBI to support the criminal background checks. The rest would go to local law enforcement. The permit would be valid for five years. A renewal would cost $110 but applicants wouldn’t have to take a new gun training course.

The bill also adds a 72-hour waiting period to sell or a transfer a gun to people after they’ve obtained a permit and received state police approval on their background check.

-- Maxine Bernstein

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
yet purchasing of drugs is totally openly legal,

welfare benefits have no requirement that one must have an address of residence, with many people collecting under multiple " identities" . Yet one has to run a "background check" to purchase a firearm.

Radical Groups like Antifa and BLM can have riots, and suffer no consequences for destroying property and burning down businesses or other property. Yet an individual has no right to defend themselves when attacked with intent to harm or kill by these people., nor defend their property or their loved ones.

Then these are the same people who munipulate election results and then attack any individual or group, that question or oppose the results they claim...

Yet we as Americans are suppose to stand down, and put up with this tyranny by these leftist communists.

No DemocRAT politician is your friend, unless you are a drug using, welfare abusing communist leftist.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
114, SB348, and the 63 page amendment restricting legal challenges only to Marion County is 1000% unconstitutional.

Can they do it? Nope!

Do they think they can do it? Likely not.

But they know it will slow our attorneys and the process for fighting both 114 and SB348.

The State can pass these laws, and they are laws, until they get overturned. The Liberals bet on two things. In the short term they know most law abiding people in Oregon will follow their laws.

The State also knows they have an endless supply of taxpayers money to use in their efforts to scrub our constitutional rights away.

They also know that our legal fight, against them, doesn’t cost them anything. We are the ones who have to open our wallets twice. First with our tax dollars to help them try to cut our own throats, then again to donate money to OFF, GOA, SAFE
Oregon’s Hunters Association and whoever else is providing funding to the law firms who are fighting on our behalf.

Liberal Legislators and Liberal State Justice Dept hope that we run out of money before our challenges make their way through the courts.

If companies that make money from the gun industry and single donors, like us, stop helping to pay for our fight. They will win.

Simple as that.

🦫

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
OFF v Kotek

Set to go to trial June 5 to June 9.

Carpe' Scrotum
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
OFF v State of Oregon will likely go in the loss column for Oregon gun owners due to Judge Immergut, her personal feelings against firearms, and her lack of willingness to apply SCOTUS Bruen ruling.

If this becomes a reality, OFF will appeal to the 9th Circuit for correction that should hopefully follow SCOTUS Bruen ruling. This lawsuit has legs that could be taken all the way to the end.

GOA and GOF v State of Oregon pulled out as plaintiffs in the Harney County, Oregon trial that starts September 18th. GOA and GOF stood to potentially lose hundreds of thousands of dollars during discovery because Oregon doesn’t have ‘Representational Standing’ as plaintiffs. GOA and GOF would have likely been buried in discovery requests by the State of Oregon.

GOA and GOF are still funding the lawsuit for the two remaining plaintiffs.

🦫

“Molon Labe”
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
GOA is the front line in the fight to protect our 2A rights
Every gun owner needs to wake up and support them.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
^^^^^^^

NRA LIFE MEMBER
OHA LIFE MEMBER
RMEF LIFE MEMBER
*MOLON LABE SKYLA*
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
OFF Email on the trial, Day one.

Originally Posted by Oregon Firearms Federation

Yesterday was the first day in OFF’s federal trial to stop the implementation of the very dangerous and unconstitutional Measure 114.

In addition to the limitless budget the state has to deny your rights, the judge has allowed an anti-gun organization to “intervene” adding to the army of lawyers working to undermine the Second Amendment in Oregon.

We are proud to note that OFF’s witnesses did an outstanding job of presenting the facts and the reality of this measure, in spite of the shameless attempts by the state to discredit and impeach them. Needless to say, the state failed.

No matter which way the judge rules, the harsh truth that this measure is far more expansive than the state pretends it is, will come out.

Adam Johnson, the owner of Coat of Arms firearms in Keizer, was able to skillfully place on the record that virtually all firearms magazines will be banned under this measure, not just those capable of holding over 10 rounds. This was something the judge clearly had never considered and was obviously surprised by.

Most questions by the state and the anti-gun intervenors were completely nonsensical and had nothing to do with the issues of the trial. But their cross examinations were surprisingly limited and it was clear they wanted to steer the arguments away from the facts of the case and use their time to attack our witnesses for the “crimes” of actually supporting gun rights or working in firearm’s related businesses.

The strategy of the state, from the start, has been to side step the issues and the clear dictates of the Supreme Court.

The state, and the anti-gun organizations who are in league with the state, are basing their entire argument on the fact that firearms and firearm’s magazines are used in crimes.

This is hardly a novel or compelling argument, and it is absurdly irrelevant. Of course firearms are used in crimes. But the state is also trying to imply that standard magazines are never used for lawful purposes, and in fact, are not even “arms” that are protected by the Second Amendment.

The state is using stats of the “average” number of rounds fired in self defense situations to imply that because that is fewer than ten, people are not even using ten round magazines in defensive situations. Since most modern firearms come from the manufacturer with magazines over ten rounds, and there are countless millions of them in the hands of law abiding gun owners, this is an utterly nonsensical position.

Unfortunately, it is a position the court seems happy to entertain.

(Even more absurd is the reality that if law abiding Oregonians are stripped of their right to own magazines, criminals will still be acquiring as many as they want by using any of the millions in circulation or simply crossing state lines to buy them from any gun store.)

But it should not even matter. The courts have clearly upheld the right to own arms for any lawful purpose and it is undeniable that countless thousands of people use standard capacity magazines for purposes in addition to self defense.

The argument that firearms and standard magazines are used in crime should not even be allowed to brought into this case. The Supreme Court in Bruin made it clear that the state cannot use a “balancing test”. If the Second Amendment protects it, it’s protected. So it is troubling that this irrelevant and completely emotional argument is being permitted.

What is not being allowed is the mountain of evidence our lawyers and volunteers have assembled demonstrating that the Oregon State Police are already not doing their job and almost certainly cannot complete the additional work Measure 114 will create for them.

The judge’s exclusion of this information and the cartel media’s refusal to acknowledge it will certainly color the outcome.

The Court has also made it clear that it intends to severely restrict discussion and arguments about the devastating “permit” system which will essentially end gun sales in this state.

The injunction placed on Mz 114 by a state judge will remain in effect until that trial which is scheduled for September.

The Federal trial will continue this week. The cartel media will continue to be the mouthpiece for the state and provide slanted and misleading propaganda about the proceedings. You can count on that.

Meanwhile, every effort has been made by the state to drag this battle out as long as possible. Our legal bills are enormous and continuing. Our legal team has been working non stop and will continue to all week.

Your financial support for this fight has never been more critical as we work to build the strongest possible case and prepare for what will be the inevitable appeal.

We are deeply grateful for your help and activism.

Please consider any donation you can make to this critical battle. Our funding does not come from national organizations or firearms businesses. 100% of our resources come from people like you.

Donations to the Oregon Firearms Educational Foundation, which is funding this fight, can be made here:

https://oregonfirearms.ejoinme.org/MyPages/DonationPage/tabid/70447/Default.aspx

You can view this post in a browser here:

https://www.oregonfirearms.org/federal-trial-begins

Carpe' Scrotum
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
yeah, well today they were reporting that the GDamn DemocRATS in Potland, are trying to pull this going after ALL Magazines for any firearms and banning them, essentially making it illegal to operate a firearm.

Yet were Oregonians live in a state that is constantly legalizing drugs. As many more of our drug addicts in this state are busy overdosing themselves. The DemocRATS legalizing drugs are killing more people than firearms, by alot. Yet, they legalize more and more drugs, killing more and more people... but going after guns is not aimed at saving lives, its all about disarming the public. So that the public can't stand up against them, and fight back.

Then people are celebrating that Trump was "indicted" on having Top Secret Documents, while Broadway Joe Biden, and Hitlery Clinton are given a free pass, when they've had more documents, and documents that they should have never had in their homes and offices, but being DemocRATS that is perfectly fine and they can overlook that, all day long.

We live in an occupied country.. occupied by our own DemocRATS. Communists are what they are...

Civil War is in this country's future, and then after that, it will be invaded by China and its allies to 'Stabilize' the world stage.
I pray I don't live long enough to see where this nation is headed.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Saw in our local paper, some Federal judge has ruled that the 114 Measure is Compliant with the State Constitution.

Guess the next step is it getting put in front of The Supreme Court. But until that challenge, the Oregon DemocRATs will be having a field day, stopping gun sales within the state.

Of course the democRATs in this state, could care less about laws, unless it fits their conveniences, and ignore them if the laws are an obstacle to their agendas.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Saw in our local paper, some Federal judge has ruled that the 114 Measure is Compliant with the State Constitution.

Guess the next step is it getting put in front of The Supreme Court. But until that challenge, the Oregon DemocRATs will be having a field day, stopping gun sales within the state.

Of course the democRATs in this state, could care less about laws, unless it fits their conveniences, and ignore them if the laws are an obstacle to their agendas.

Still in hold due to the Harney County case, set for trial in September. I wouldn't have expected anything different from that Commie federal judge.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi

Still in hold due to the Harney County case, set for trial in September. I wouldn't have expected anything different from that Commie federal judge.

Thanks, that is at least some good news for now. Local paper's article on the subject didn't mention the Harney County case
still holding things up...

I still hate Oregon DemocRATS.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karin_Immergut

Trump Appointed Judge...

Regardless... Beav called it... She was just itching to side with 114.

We still stand with y'all thru the appeals and other cases.

FOLKS NEED TO GET HEAVILY INVOLVED (Oregon and ACROSS THE NATION).

This kinda creep (Constitution erosion) cannot be allowed to stand.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Higher courts than Innerguts have already ruled magazines and "ghost guns" can't be banned. These f u c k I n g communists don't care. No money comes out of their pocket, but costs millions for GOA, OFF, NRA, etc. to fight it in court, which I'm sure is part of the overall plan.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
She's trying to be clever by adding "for self defense" to the end if the phrase "in common use" i. Her decision.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Update from the OFF:

Oregon Sheriffs Will NOT Issue “Permits to Purchase”. All Magazines Banned.

While the enforcement of Measure 114 has been held in check by a state court injunction, it is still technically law.

A Federal judge in Portland has declared that all of it is constitutional and may be enacted . The trial in the state case is just a few weeks away on September 18th.

Should sanity prevail and the measure is declared unconstitutional by the state court, the far left extremists who run the Oregon Department of “Justice” have vowed to appeal the decision. While it is always dangerous to predict what a court might do, we do not expect the Oregon Appeals Court to rule favorably.

If that happens, the new prohibitions could take effect, placing possibly millions of Oregonians in jeopardy of arrest and imprisonment.

As you know, the attorneys in our federal case have filed a notice of appeal in the Ninth Circuit. We believe that no matter what the outcome is in the state case, the matter will finally be decided there, in the Federal Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.

If you wonder how high the stakes are, you can wonder no more.

We have obtained a letter from the legal counsel for the Oregon States Sheriff’s Association with guidance for Oregon sheriffs should Measure 114 take effect. The outlook is grim.

As we have repeatedly stated, and as was made clear by one of our plaintiffs in the Federal trial, Measure 114 will completely end the legal sale of firearms in Oregon. We know it, the legislature knows it, and anyone who can read knows it. The only people who cannot understand it wear black robes and sit on the bench in Federal Court.

It’s not complicated. As the letter points out, Measure 114 requires a fingerprint background check by the FBI. The FBI refuses to do them. Period, full stop.

As the letter notes:

“Our guidance on this issue is clear, unambiguous and simple – no permit agent should issue a permit to purchase a firearm unless the Oregon State Police reports that the person is fully qualified to obtain a permit, including that they have successfully passed the required FBI background check. “

Now, even in the absence of this requirement, getting a permit would be virtually impossible because of all the other absurd requirements. But this one makes the issuance of “permit to purchase” illegal.

This is not our opinion and is not a scare tactic. It is the law. If you cannot get a “permission slip” from the sheriff you cannot buy a firearm. And, as you can see, you cannot get the permission slip. But that’s not all.

Under the measure virtually all firearm’s magazines will be outlawed. Not just the ones mislabeled “high capacity.” The guidance to the sheriffs points out the following :

“For all magazines that have a detachable base-plate, the reality is that the magazine appears to fit the definition of an LCM because they are readily capable of being adapted to hold more than 10 rounds. It would appear that even drilling and riveting a base-plate to the magazine in order to more permanently attach it would not take it out of the definition of LCM, since a rivet can easily be removed and thus the magazine could again be capable in the future of holding more than 10 rounds.”

Of course, most tubular fed shotguns will also be banned.

We have been making this point over and over and over since before the measure was even voted on. It would have been helpful if the Sheriff’s Association had made these issues public while we were still in the trial phase, but for better or worse, now it’s “official”.

And do NOT think the magazines you already own are protected. They are not. Do NOT think you are safe on your own property. You are not. And do NOT think you are protected if you are a cop off duty. You are not.

Possession of a magazine you bought ten years ago and keep on your own property can still land you in jail. Only after your arrest can you attempt to use the “affirmative defense” portion of the measure to try to prove your innocence. And that’s on you. You will be presumed guilty. How do you prove when you acquired a magazine? You cannot. No matter what advice you get about “time dated photos” or “keeping receipts”, none of that will work. As we have shown in the past, time stamps on photos are easily altered and magazines have no serial numbers so receipts are meaningless.

There has never been a law like this enacted anywhere in the country. And, if it takes effect, the ramifications are unthinkable.

It must be defeated. We are gearing up for the Federal Appeal where we believe the final outcome will be no matter what happens. It is possible that the battle in state court could delay implementation for some time, but there is no guarantee of that.

We simply cannot give up now. Not only are our Second Amendment rights at stake, hundreds of thousands of us are literally facing arrest and imprisonment. And while Oregon now has a policy of refusing to lock up criminals, you can rest assured they will find a place for you in their jails.

We know times are tough. In all the battles we have faced together, none have been this horrifying. But we have to win.

Our enemies have unlimited funds and an army of lawyers. We only have patriots like you.

Please consider any contribution you can afford to fund this historic and critical legal battle. There simply is no choice.

You can make a secure donation online here.

All donations to the Oregon Firearms Educational Foundation go directly to the legal fight. Thank you for your commitment.

Carpe' Scrotum
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

113 members (10gaugemag, 358WCF, 450yukon, 19rabbit52, 30Gibbs, 17 invisible), 1,908 guests, and 887 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,652
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.