Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by BeanMan
Ever hear her speak and get a question that is off her prepared list? Like what would you do about the Colorado River Compact?

Go ask any random person in Colorado thst question tell us what they say. No don’t ask your buddies you have coffee with st Mel’s diner on 1st street.. Random person you never really talked with before.

Would you want a random person off the street representing your district ?

Water is hugely important to her constituents and the Colorado River allotments are in the process of being revised by the feds, it's not some abstract concept.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I am not bemoaning her lack of a PhD. Any politician in the US that starts out with a belief in America First and the 2A is fine by me. The rest is window dressing.
Just remember the other side elected AOC and Ilhan Omar.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by TimZ
I am not bemoaning her lack of a PhD. Any politician in the US that starts out with a belief in America First and the 2A is fine by me. The rest is window dressing.

Then there's the distinguished Senator from Pennsylvania.

LOL

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by 79S
Ever hear her speak and get a question that is off her prepared list? Like what would you do about the Colorado River Compact?

Go ask any random person in Colorado thst question tell us what they say. No don’t ask your buddies you have coffee with st Mel’s diner on 1st street.. Random person you never really talked with before.

Water is hugely important to her constituents and the Colorado River allotments are in the process of being revised by the feds, it's not some abstract concept.

Ok ask a random 18-35 year old this question. Omit asking the 65 and higher this question.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by TimZ

I'm not either, some of the most worthless people I've worked with had PhDs, no common sense.

But I don't think it's too much to ask your representative to understand the issues most important to their constituents.

And the level of ignorance displayed on this thread is pitiful. Stuff like "the democrat conceded because he knew a recount would reveal voter fraud. "

Guess what geniuses, the recount is automatic whether he concedes or not.

The fact is, Boebert almost lost a solidly red district where the race wasn't close last time, to an Aspen democrat. Let that sink in.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The fact is, Boebert almost lost a solidly red district where the race wasn't close last time, to an Aspen democrat. Let that sink in.

So... It sounds like her district better get busy and primary her next go around?

In the mean time, I'm glad to have her red seat count in the numbers of the House, and hope she votes conservatively throughout her stay in the House.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I don't think she'll get primaried if she starts paying more attention to her constituents. Lots of people interviewed in her district said she's too busy with photo ops and sound bites and not paying attention to them.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
From the time a congressman gets elected and takes office they campaign for the coming election. They all do it. If Boebert is not addressing the problems, you people in Colorado want then tell her what you do want. She might not have the ability to address your local or state water problems as well as your state representatives can. Being a republican in a democrat led house she has no ability to do much of anything except make noise and bring issues out in the press.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by rainshot
She might not have the ability to address your local or state water problems as well as your state representatives can. Being a republican in a democrat led house she has no ability to do much of anything except make noise and bring issues out in the press.

The Colorado Compact is not a local or state issue, it's how the water in the Colorado River is apportioned between the basin states that rely on it. Seven states, all the way out to California. The writing has been on the wall for some time now that the apportionments would have to be revised because there's not enough water to keep up with the demand.

And it's the federal government that will now manage the re-apportionment. If that's not something that should be top of mind for a representative in a district where agriculture and tourism are the economy, I don't know what is.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

Ok ask a random 18-35 year old this question. Omit asking the 65 and higher this question.
What about the 36-64 age group?😁

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
So who apportions it? Would you want a Democrat Federal Government to do it?

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by rainshot
So who apportions it? Would you want a Democrat Federal Government to do it?

A simple internet search will answer your questions on what's happening. What I want is irrelevant, the states had a chance to come up with a plan but couldn't so now it's back to the federal government which happens to have a democrat in the White House right now.

What I want is my elected congressmen and senators to represent my interests in DC. In order to do that, they need to educate themselves on the important issues and no PhD is required for that.

And the whole "would you rather have a democrat" schtick is just a tiresome red herring. No, I would not rather have a democrat. But just because she's a republican doesn't mean she can't do better, or that her constituents can't ask her to. Or ask the GOP to find someone who will.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
104 members (338reddog, 405joe, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 444Matt, 12 invisible), 1,350 guests, and 683 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,588
Posts18,397,869
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.