Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 17 of 44 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 43 44
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
One article said ROTC students would have access to a Kabar knife. And that it was Rambo like. The info being shared is almost a joke. ROTC cadets, had nothing to do with knives like that. And the knives featured in Rambo movies look nothing like a Kabar knife. A Buck 119 is much closer to a Kabar. They are either clueless, or sharing information for the sake of sounding like they are making progress.

News showed pictures of forensics crews measuring tire tracks and looking around the house...almost a week later. I'm no Sherlock Holmes, but I have done forensic work and doing a week after the fact means you're an idiot. How many cars have parked in that driveway after a week? And people walked around that house? All of that should have been meticulously documented as soon as daylight would allow. Drones, IR cameras, dogs, UV lights...there are so many simple technologies.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mountain10mm
News showed pictures of forensics crews measuring tire tracks and looking around the house...almost a week later. I'm no Sherlock Holmes, but I have done forensic work and doing a week after the fact means you're an idiot. How many cars have parked in that driveway after a week? And people walked around that house? All of that should have been meticulously documented as soon as daylight would allow. Drones, IR cameras, dogs, UV lights...there are so many simple technologies.

Are you sure that news footage you’re referring to isn’t old footage from last week?

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Tyrone
If they were rolled in front of a door, how did the killer get out?
I'm sure there's a simple explanation.
According to reports all three floors had doors accessing the outside.

In North Carolina, the building code stipulates that no part, not one square foot of a house or apartment, may be more than 68 feet from an outside door. In case the place catches fire, everyone is assured of relatively easy access to get out.

On a 3 story apartment, you would have to have exit doors on all 3 floors.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by akasparky
With all the available tools they have today such as DNA, cell data and security cameras everywhere you'd think solving a murder would be getting easier than it once was.

[Linked Image from 1.bp.blogspot.com]

It appears not to be the case.

Maybe investigators have grown dependant on high tech information handing them a suspect on a silver platter and are losing the ability they once had to solve a crime.

Statistically, it'll be a coin toss if they make an arrest.

Please for the sake of the country, go do better.

Oh wait, you can't. Lol lol lol

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Actually longer than a week. 8 days later.

Attached Images
Screen Shot 2022-11-21 at 3.01.04 PM.png (25.49 KB, 449 downloads)
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

The city of Mosco has a hi-tech police force with stringent qualifications for those seeking to become an officer there.

The City of Moscow Police Department is seeking qualified entry and lateral candidates for the position of police officer to serve the community. Qualified applicants must be 21 years old, have a high school diploma or equivalent....

https://www.ci.moscow.id.us/Jobs.as...tyJobs=False&JobID=Police-Officer-27

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Yeah, those "Rambo" style knifes are pretty rare and hard to find - Harbor Freight $9.99

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by drover
Yeah, those "Rambo" style knifes are pretty rare and hard to find - Harbor Freight $9.99

You just made the suspect list, expect a knock on your door.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JeffA

The city of Mosco has a hi-tech police force with stringent qualifications for those seeking to become an officer there.

The City of Moscow Police Department is seeking qualified entry and lateral candidates for the position of police officer to serve the community. Qualified applicants must be 21 years old, have a high school diploma or equivalent....

https://www.ci.moscow.id.us/Jobs.as...tyJobs=False&JobID=Police-Officer-27
Being a city police officer is not rocket science. Some of our most useless officers were college graduates. The best two I ever worked with were high school graduates that knew how to figure things out. One of them had spent 4 years as a U.S. Marine.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I looked at the K-Bars at the sporting goods store tonight. None of them had serrated edges.

Politics is War by Other Means
IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
#JACKDIDIT

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Folks passed out, completely out, many times at keg parties and such.

Many, many, many times. More often than not on a Saturday night during my time in Moscow. I could easily see this being the case and the surviving roommates not waking up until noon.

The bizarre 911 call is what has me stumped, though it is very possible, if not probable, that it is being incorrectly reported too.

Or, CTSmith is right and that is just how 20ish year old female minds work these days. My niece and nephew are that age, were raised in Idaho and certainly wouldn’t have consciously thought that way, but who knows…

I think there’s two possibilities for the call:

1) Bedroom door was locked or body blocking it. Roommates saw cars parked outside and maybe could hear cell phone ringing inside but nobody was responding.

2) Reddit rumors say that the surviving roommates heard a noise scary enough to make one go into the other’s room for the rest of the night. Not sure if that’s true or not, but no response or stirring upstairs the next day prompted one of the survivors to call her boyfriend to come over and check things out. He gets there, goes upstairs just far enough to see something has gone wrong (maybe just a leg or arm sticking out of a door down the hall) and then retreats until LE arrives.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Also, my wife went to Idaho and still knows a few people in the area.

She got a text on Sunday or Monday of last week that, at the time, seemed more like a rumor than anything.

Slowly, all of the details of that text have been confirmed by police, except that the surviving roommates saw someone around with a ski mask on.

Makes me think the source of that text might have better info than I initially thought.

I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
The Fox (heard on Sat radio 114 and 115) reporter on scene sounds like an utter damned idiot.... "Asauuuhhhhh could have walked from the fraternity aaauuuhhhhh." Sounded like a aaaauuuhhhh dumb sumbitch. Nothing but a bunch of utterly uninformed [bleep] bullchit. Then they had an expert on saying how only certain people could have access to such a knife from WW2! Poor families having to hear this bullchit.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Hope they catch the killer soon. Been watching this pretty closely. My cousin, his wife and kids live in Moscow and I worked for the UofI until 2020.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This is the house. Surviving roommates were on the very bottom. 2 bodies on each of the other floor.

Easier to understand how the survivors might not have heard the murders and the killer (if it was a serial killing) might not have know anyone else was there.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
The Fox (heard on Sat radio 114 and 115) reporter on scene sounds like an utter damned idiot.... "Asauuuhhhhh could have walked from the fraternity aaauuuhhhhh." Sounded like a aaaauuuhhhh dumb sumbitch. Nothing but a bunch of utterly uninformed [bleep] bullchit. Then they had an expert on saying how only certain people could have access to such a knife from WW2! Poor families having to hear this bullchit.

Wasn't that the retired FBI agent who claimed to be a former Navy SEAL?? If so, he doesn't seem to know much about Navy SEAL equipment. The Navy SEALs have been issued the KaBar knife since the early Frogman days. I had a very good friend, now deceased, who was a Navy SEAL, Vietnam service, who told me they (SEALs) all were issued a KaBar knife. He carried his all through his service in Vietnam.

The original KaBar knife has been available on the civilian market since the end of WW II.

FWIW.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Not sure. I hit mute about every time someone says something like this.

Duffis from Fox was claiming nobody could possibly walk there. "Wasn't walkable" except for from the fraternity! Naaaaahhhhn notin elze walkable aaauuuhhhhhh....

There's infinity googaplex damned knives available. Rambo knife! Idiots. Hopefully there will be resolution.

I don't see any of the TV coverage. Thankfully.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Moscow has some steep hills and students walk everywhere. Most of them are in pretty good shape for walking and walking downtown is common.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I know right where this happened and between there and the Sigma Chi house is only half the distance from there to the close end of campus. Walking 10x that distance daily is (or was 20 years ago) common for any student. Even the fatties.

Page 17 of 44 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 43 44

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

608 members (10ring1, 1lessdog, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 19rabbit52, 12344mag, 57 invisible), 2,907 guests, and 1,201 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,525
Posts18,452,804
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.