Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
K
Ky221 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
K
Toying with the idea of a 6BR build similar to that of a 700 Varmint or a Sako 75/85 Varmint. Rifle will be setup as a SS, stock would be a Mcmillan in the Remington Hunter pattern. Barrel contour would be similar to that of a 700 Varmint.

What action would you choose for this? With the current prices of a base 700, it seems like going custom is a no brainer.

BP-B2

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
A Mack Bros. EVO would be a decent choice.

I would just get the single shot version rather that sheeting it up with a SS follower as well.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I used a Kelbly Atlas single shot for one of my 22BR's. With the coned bolt and the optional 'Panda' spacer, you can put any barrel chambered/fitted for a Panda on it w/o the 'smith needing to have the action in hand. That's a huge plus down the road when you want to change barrels or get another one to make it a true switch barrel setup.

Mine is in a Kelbly's Varmint stock with a Sendero barrel contour. I also have a 6BR on a 700 in a McMillan Sako Varmint pattern stock...love it.

A few pics of my 22BR Atlas...you can see the 'Panda' spacer if you look closely.

Let me know if you need more info on the Atlas, etc.

Good shootin' smile -Al

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Forbidden Zoner
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
I think Borden makes a action just for the 6BR. Top Shelf.

Hal

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Jim Borden's stuff is top shelf for sure. -Al

Forbidden Zoner
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd personally skip anything with a plunger ejector.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Running two with the 700 action. One is a RemAge and the other a standard barrel install. Have a mag box spacer and cut/filed my follower as shown on 6br.com. Didn't feel the need for a custom action as both work great.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Like the snake skin Al

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've a few,both CRF and PF and would happily go 700(again),but would want an AICS DBM Repeater. No-turn,8" or better RPM and James' spouts are sensational. S/S Shilen Double-Ounce trigger. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Of course I have Rem Hunters too,but a Terrain is tough to whoop. Hint................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
C
C
I like the tikka actions

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Big Stick
I've a few,both CRF and PF and would happily go 700(again),but would want an AICS DBM Repeater. No-turn,8" or better RPM and James' spouts are sensational. S/S Shilen Double-Ounce trigger. Hint.

Of course I have Rem Hunters too,but a Terrain is tough to whoop. Hint................

big stick, what is the action in the rifle on the top in the picture.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Vudoo Rimfires are wayyyyyyyyyy outta your league. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Stick- why BR over Creed? Or no....

Me

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The OP was sniffing a BR and I get the appeal,as it is a MAGNIFICENT chambering. Mild manners,no bullschit,exceptional brass and dies,which all in conjunction,seemingly beg to please. Win/win. Hint.

I think highly of the Seex Kreed and actually have more of them,than I do BR's. That's due the fact,that there are some EXCEPTIONAL Factory Rifles offered and chambered same,where it isn't so for the 6BR. Hint.

The OP never stated the application and if only as per always,I gotta have a few good reasons to leave a 223 behind,if it isn't just curiosity in regards to a new chambering. I just nabbed an action the other day,have a GB Outlander coming in the Mail and have a TT flatty laying in wait,for a 21" 7" RPM 223 SALAMI build. Bus the bolt,weld on new handle,yada,yada,yada. That being said,my newest CTR(20" S/S) chambered same,seems to do fine with 75 ELD magfed Smooches. Hint.

Not that I don't LOVE my Baby Montucky 6BR. Hint.

Just sayin'...................

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
i kinda would like a 6 BR rifle in a bolt ? or single shot made from a Ruger #1 maybe ?

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Vudoo Rimfires are wayyyyyyyyyy outta your league. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................

Bat machine is outta your league LOL, hint do they offer that in a repeater? that dinky action length might run fireball cases? need a hint

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
cumsincowboys,

You are in soooooooooooo fhuqking AMAZINGLY far over your pointy head,it's a shame you Incredible Stupidity precludes you an inkling...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Happy GoogleFu Fhuqktard. Hint.

As an aside,it's CRF and nothing else is in the realm. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Get some suppressors on those guns, little stick. Hint. Phuqing laughing.

Last edited by cumminscowboy; 11/29/22.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
cumsincowboys,

Google on and fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your poo poor(literally) heart,for trying though.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Bat, Borden, Kelbly, and Pierce would be my suggestions for a smooth custom action.

I'm a huge 6br fan. My Nesika J 6ppc wasn't getting used much so I had a 8 twist 6br barrel spun up and found 50 lapua brass with the rims cut down to fit the ppc boltface. 105 moly Bergers for LR range practice.
Used short range benchrest guns are always veeerrryyy smooth and are often cheap compared to building your own new rifle.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

This is my latest 6br. I had an extra 700 SA and bought a used 6br barrel. I call it my 6BR 700 Parts Gun. It shoots. 66gr Woodwards.

If you need brass, champions choice has lapua in stock for a good price. Good luck.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
724 members (02bfishn, 12308300, 11point, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 88 invisible), 2,724 guests, and 1,288 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,695
Posts18,399,928
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.