Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
I have a cheap CVA Optima that has taken a few deer with factory open sights but I'm kind of jonesing for a scope or red dot.

It does not have to be the best, most expensive. Good and cheap works for me on a ML.

Any suggestions?

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

BP-B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I would look for a Burris Droptine or FF II. Hard to beat for the money.

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by LeonHitchcox
I would look for a Burris Droptine or FF II. Hard to beat for the money.

Thanks. I'll check it out.

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I think the only difference between regular scope is the ML scope is the parallax set for closer distances.

Last edited by saddlesore; 11/23/22.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
My aging eyes were in need of some better glass, found a 2.5-10x50 Bushnell 4200 for a decent price, huge improvement. I'd look for something used to get a better optic than new.

There's always hope as long as there's lead in the air.
IC B2

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
I’ve been running a Burris FFII 2-7 with their standard ballistic reticle on my black powder gun for several years now. I’ve fired it a LOT for a black powder rifle. I became interested in seeing how the reticle would work out. It’s actually pretty good, and the scope has held up perfectly. I’m actually pretty impressed because I bought it cheap on close out from a local retailer. It was even cheap in our Canadian money. It’s been worth every penny!

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Originally Posted by saddlesore
I think the only difference between regular scope is the ML scope is the parallax set for closer distances.
[quote=saddlesore]I think the only difference between regular scope is the ML scope is the parallax set for closer distances.[/quote

I believe the eye relief on muzzleloader and slug gun scopes is longer also

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by macarny
[quote=saddlesore]I think the only difference between regular scope is the ML scope is the parallax set for closer distances.
I think the only difference between regular scope is the ML scope is the parallax set for closer distances.[/quote

I believe the eye relief on muzzleloader and slug gun scopes is longer also
That will depend on brand. Even some shotgun/muzzleloader scopes are lacking in eye relief compared to what the manufacturer says they are.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
today i sighted in my TC Encore 50 caliber ,i have had this new musket for a couple of years in its box yet finally put a good scope on it. i mounted a new Burris 1 - 6 x 24 30 tube on this muzzle loader the reason is i have found this scope to be really tough and it also has illumination if i need it too , plus it does have life time warranty ,price was reasonable too. good luck with your choice,Pete53

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Just to close out this thread, I dug through my stuff and found a Bushnell 4x12x40 Pro Hunter and mounted that up. It's definitely not the best choice, I know that. I'll use it this year and see how it does.

Thanks for all the replies!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
694 members (10ring1, 10gaugemag, 12308300, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 81 invisible), 2,770 guests, and 1,312 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,634
Posts18,398,904
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.