Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
We need to push him to allow the Sunshine protection act to reach the floor. The senate has already passed it. Pelosi refused to allow it for a vote.
The bill is to make daylight savings permanent nationwide. Some want dayllight savings, some prefer standard. That part can be debated and/or amended on the floor. The important part is to get rid of the semiannual changes but nothing will ever change if the speaker doesn't allow it to reach the floor.
However, if it's amended to standard time, it has to go back to the senate and anything could happen there. If passed as is, it goes to Biden. Of course Biden's clock doesn't tick so who knows what he'd do.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
BP-B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Sounds super important

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
We need to push him to allow the Sunshine protection act to reach the floor. The senate has already passed it. Pelosi refused to allow it for a vote.
The bill is to make daylight savings permanent nationwide. Some want dayllight savings, some prefer standard. That part can be debated and/or amended on the floor. The important part is to get rid of the semiannual changes but nothing will ever change if the speaker doesn't allow it to reach the floor.
However, if it's amended to standard time, it has to go back to the senate and anything could happen there. If passed as is, it goes to Biden. Of course Biden's clock doesn't tick so who knows what he'd do.

IMO- there are larger things at hand for this country's future than something like what time to set the clock to.

Me

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Indeed.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Sad
Campfire Tracker
W
I'm ok with this on the back burner and hope they tackle about 50 more important issues first.

IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Leave it the way it is now, changing the clock.

Whining is therapeutic.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
They could deal with it in an hour if they'd do it. The senate did it with a simple unanimous consent vote. Of course, that would eliminate the semi-annual time change threads here on the fire. It would save millions of people some frustration twice a year, eliminate computer programing on millions of servers.

Since when did we elect a congress to deal only with big things like getting rid of cash and perverting our children? Their job is also to deal with these small things to make life a bit easier.

― George Orwell

W
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by Teal

IMO- there are larger things at hand for this country's future than something like what time to set the clock to.

Absolutely.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
The more time they spend on these little things, the less time they have to spend on the big things that are destroying this country. I'd rather have them debating a time change than debating a climate change bill.

― George Orwell

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have the solution and its the perfect compromise.
Set the clocks forward 1/2 hour all around the world and never fugk with them again, ever. Period. Amen. Mashelem.

.... like tears in the rain
IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Or we could just hang the son of a bitch and all of his accomplices.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Not even in the top 1000

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by steve4102
Not even in the top 1000

At least it's not doing any harm.

Most of the chit that gets passed and signed into law now, does our nation grievous injury.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
A
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
A
The more time they spend on these little things, the less time they have to spend on the big things that are destroying this country. I'd rather have them debating a time change than debating a climate change bill.

I suppose you can read the Marxist Mind …

Or the Resistance to their Agenda..

You got a very slim margin in the House and a Big Bucket of Rhinos..

The Marxist just got another Impeachment Rhino today ..

I would think we opt for the Night and Rule It ..

Just Saying..

Hahaha Hahaha

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I hope they fix this and a lot of other fugged up things. I read the thread title and instantly said "needs balls".

Last edited by roverboy; 11/22/22.

Why do I have to press 1, for English?
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by steve4102
Not even in the top 1000

Exactly

But I’m sure it’ll be one they’ll take up and hold out like some sort of trophy.

Now that Roe was overturned they need something to motivate the base maybe this is Paul Ryan’s attempt?

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

the state of what our country is in, that's like a pimple on your azz, bigger fish to fry

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Should be done

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
It would beat holy hell out of their usual schedule.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
If I were king, his royal highness, Imperial Overlord, and Grand Wazzoo...................

I'd wait until spring and have everyone move their clocks 1/2 hr ahead and then leave it there forever.

Then the "Oh my god, the kids have to go to school in the dark Nov-Mar" folks will get 1/2 more light and I'll have a 1/2 hour more light in the evenings when I'm awake and it's warmer to do outside stuff.

Fini!

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
703 members (10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12308300, 007FJ, 160user, 10Glocks, 82 invisible), 2,736 guests, and 1,302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,637
Posts18,398,948
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.