Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
I just bought a Burris Drop Tine 4.5x14 x 42mm AO and the Obj Bell looks "huge". Spec's claim it is 2.2" wide. I want to use Medium HT Leupold STD rings ( well, this one will be the Extended Front ring for a Mod 7) because I have them on all my rifles except a few. Specs also claim that Leopold's Med rings work for 42-(maybe 45mm) . But this baby looks huge as I said. My rifle is still at the smith's but wondering if this 2.2" Bell will work with Med rings? Help anyone?

Last edited by Jim_Knight; 11/22/22.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Toss the scope,base and rings,while you can. Hint...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Oh you scamp, ha. I can honestly say I have never had an issue with the mounts. I "did" have a Burris 3x9 lose its reticle (first shot from my first 338WM, back in early 90s) Replaced it with a Leupold 2.5x8, no issues. The newer Burris scopes work fine on what I have put them on, up to 338WM also. But this one is going on a 243, and I already have the mounts/scope. Its just this OBell looks like the old Simmons 44! ha

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Toss the scope,base and rings,while you can. Hint.

You were/are the one asking questions,for very good reasons and would do well to forget everything you "think" you "know". Hint..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Stick, I know your not a fan of the op's scope or mounts. I'm replacing a scope with a Athlon Helos BTR GEN2 2-12x42 what rings do you use or recommend?

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What are the particulars of the platform and it's application? Hint.

The OP doesn't want to know what works or why,but rather a hug for her fhuqking STUPIDITY Award and them differences are beyond "stark". Hint............

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I mounted that same scope on a 700 using medium rings.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Stick, The Athlon Helos is going on a Tikka T3x 308 with a 20 moa mountain tactical rail.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
KchuntShoot is yet another Professional Victim,who Dreams aloud and is unable to cite particulars. Only because she's doing her BEST though. Hint.

Onto a Teeker wearing MT 1913 inclination,I want SWFA Low's. Mainly because they are in fact fhuqking Low and combine great surface area,with very modest mass,while enhancing ring spacing along with said attributes. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Just sayin'................

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Jim_Knight
I just bought a Burris Drop Tine 4.5x14 x 42mm AO and the Obj Bell looks "huge". Spec's claim it is 2.2" wide. I want to use Medium HT Leupold STD rings ( well, this one will be the Extended Front ring for a Mod 7) because I have them on all my rifles except a few. Specs also claim that Leopold's Med rings work for 42-(maybe 45mm) . But this baby looks huge as I said. My rifle is still at the smith's but wondering if this 2.2" Bell will work with Med rings? Help anyone?

Get a one piece rail/mount, either weaver style or picatinny. Best picatinny rail I've found is by Hanks precision gun parts. And use burris signature zee rings, med. should be fine. Don't even screw with standard rings and mount(s).

IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Big Stick
KchuntShoot is yet another Professional Victim,who Dreams aloud and is unable to cite particulars. Only because she's doing her BEST though. Hint.

Onto a Teeker wearing MT 1913 inclination,I want SWFA Low's. Mainly because they are in fact fhuqking Low and combine great surface area,with very modest mass,while enhancing ring spacing along with said attributes. Hint.

Just sayin'................
It constantly amazes me that you imagine I give any fuucks at all what you think. I wrote you off as utterly broken years ago. Just like so many others have. All your ranting and name-calling is......

a hint.

Hint.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
KchuntShoot,

I REALLY "believe" you,as you feverishly read my EVERY word,gawk EVERY Splendid Pixel and quantify in the throes of same,how Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You Professional Victims are a "rugged" lot. Hint.

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart and for quantifying how being you,is so troubling for you.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
KchuntShoot,

I REALLY "believe" you,as you feverishly read my EVERY word,gawk EVERY Splendid Pixel and quantify in the throes of same,how Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart and for quantifying how being you,is so troubling for you.

Hint.

You didn't even answer the question of the OP.

HINT.

Still giving no fuucks, little man.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
KchuntShoot,

Pardon my not being compelled to condone STUPIDITY,though same is the best you can muster. You Professional Victims are a "rugged" lot. Hint.

Hint.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I haven't scoped a new rifle in a while, and I've got a Tikka 695 and Win 70 that need some help. 30MM scopes are going on them both, and didn't really want/need to put 1913s on them, looking for steel. Suggestions?

"Social order at the expense of Liberty is hardly a bargain” de Sade
"He who'll not reason is a Bigot, he who cannot is a Fool, and he who dares not is a Slave."SirWilliamDrummond
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I don't 695. Hint.

On a Winny,I'd look for Burris Signature Extreme 2pc 1913's,or grab 2pc Steel Weaver Warne's and open them up to a 1913 cross slot,for SWFA Low's already mentioned above. Hint.

Just sayin'.............

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
KchuntShoot,

Pardon my not being compelled to condone STUPIDITY,though same is the best you can muster. You Professional Victims are a "rugged" lot. Hint.

Hint.

If ever I want to know what black dicks taste like, I'll seek you out, little guy. Then your experience will hold some value for me.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
KchuntShoot,

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute",even thoug the only things you can "offer" in the first hand,which are your seemingly WELL founded Homoerotic Fantasies. Hint.

Hint.

J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
I mounted that same scope on a 700 using medium rings.

Thanks Pard, that helps! Stick, I know you have some fine rifles and scope set-ups, but I don't have the budget you do, ha. Now, if you wanted to "give me" one of your set-ups, I can send you my Dealer's Address? ha

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Jim_Knight

2.2” = 55.8 mm. That’s a very large objective lens so will need ring height to fit a 56 mm objective. Doesn’t sound like the Leupold mediums (42 mm max) will do it.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 54 invisible), 2,822 guests, and 1,315 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,488
Posts18,452,058
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.