24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Standard time works. So does execution of traitors.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

BP-B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I've never understood why changing the time is a problem. People live their lives based on when the sun is up. Changing the time twice a year reflects that. If we standardize on the same time year-round most businesses and schools will simply alter their business hours to be open when the sun is up. They will choose to be open 8-4 during part of the year, 9-5 the rest of the year. That seems far more confusing than what we are doing now.

If they don't, you'll have kids getting to school 2 hours before sunup part of the year and getting home right at sundown part of the year. Most construction jobs need sunlight to work. They already change hours with the seasons to take advantage of that. During summers when it is hot, and the sun is up at 6 AM a lot of companies work 6-2 in order to be out of the afternoon heat.

What we are doing now is only a MINOR inconvenience one day a year. No one complains about the extra hour they get one weekend in the Fall. But losing that 1 hour over one weekend in the Spring is just too much for some people to deal with. What we're doing ain't broke. Why try to fix it.

Last edited by JMR40; 11/22/22.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Tie the daylight time bill, to an overreaching tax bill and it will pass in a heartbeat! Fuggn politicians anyway. Things like the daylight bill take away from business they should be doing.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Sounds super important
It is.... That time-change crap shoulda been gone YEARS ago... Interrupts sleep patterns, causes crashes from sleepy drivers, inconveniences businesses... A lot of studies done over the years to show the negatives of that damned time change.

So yes, IMHO, it's damned important..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
I
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
It is just something to get rid of cause it is stupid. The government came up with the ideas and that tells me all I need to now... Only government can set a clock back and think it will ad an hour of daylight. it is something Ocosio Cortez woulf think was a good idea.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
What does Q say?

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
I wish they’d outlaw interstate rumble strips. It should be right behind the daylight savings time agenda item.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Redneck
Sounds super important
It is.... That time-change crap shoulda been gone YEARS ago... Interrupts sleep patterns, causes crashes from sleepy drivers, inconveniences businesses... A lot of studies done over the years to show the negatives of that damned time change.

So yes, IMHO, it's damned important..
WELL OK!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by steve4102
Not even in the top 1000

At least it's not doing any harm.

Most of the chit that gets passed and signed into law now, does our nation grievous injury.
As a stand alone bill, ok, but you and I both know that congress never passes a stand alone bill and the hidden unreported amendments and pork added to this will indeed do harm.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Of course, that would eliminate the semi-annual time change threads here on the fire.

But think of the brawls we'd miss out on!

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

IC B3

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by JMR40
I've never understood why changing the time is a problem. People live their lives based on when the sun is up.

Precisely

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Sounds super important

On the list of priorities, this one is about 392.

NRA Patron
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
657 members (17CalFan, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 257Bob, 12344mag, 1234, 73 invisible), 2,984 guests, and 1,378 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,668
Posts18,399,405
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.