Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by High_Noon
Originally Posted by champlain_islander
4 or 5 years later I saw the Band, Almond Brothers Band and the Greatful Dead at Watkins Glen. Great show.

LOL.

Thats a little past an LOL laugh laugh laugh

"Aim right, squeeze light"
" Might as well hit what you're aiming at, it kicks the same whether you miss or not"
NRA Life, GOA
GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by flintlocke
I detested the hippies then even worse than now...the memories of the protesters outside the gate at Travis AFB as we returned home pretty well cured me of the whole 60's culture and every thing they supposedly stood for. F...k 'em all, the long, short and tall.

This ^^^^^ x 1000

Tarquin
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by StGeorger
Hendrix's set was the greatest live electric guitar performance ever. Stunning jazzy last song.

Not. 😂 Here ya go. Get some ! 😜 Just a sound check.

[video:youtube]
[/video]

Last edited by chlinstructor; 11/21/22.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Not trying to change the subject, but I have some of my own.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

They help make music too.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Was there in a sense we were staying at top hill bungalow colony about a quarter mile away. I was 8 years old and all the mothers had locked up us kids under 12 together to keep us safe from the freaks and the drugs. Heard the music no problem and remember the rain. It sucked being locked up but nothing like the devastation and destruction that remained the rest of the summer. Yet they're all Tesla driving green energy environmentalists today.

There were zapped out freaks wondering around for days afterwards begging for food. Yeah not attractive at all, that whole scene became repulsive to me. I completely agree with flintlocke F them all. They screamed the loudest back then and became total fascists exactly what they were "rebelling" against. One of my sisters friends found a beagle puppy that some scumbag gave acid to and the dog was a mess for weeks but did pull through. They were the lowest of the low scum and nothing to be admired or remembered fondly. Gutless turds who refused to serve yet they felt they were righteous enough to harass service men coming home.

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
-Thomas Jefferson
IC B2

NVhntr Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Yeah?
I'm betting many there that day turned 30 and and became Republicans. Being 20, getting loaded, enjoying good music, and chasing tail was the downfall of our way of life?
LOL laugh cry laugh cry

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No but I was here in 74. !7 years old, high, hair down past my shoulders and ready to boot...

Coyotes shot no waiting.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Coyotes shot no waiting.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Pure freakdom. LOL

Coyotes shot no waiting.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Was a senior in high school, graduating in 1970. I enjoyed the Album after it came out, and liked a lot of the music...

but glad I wasn't there.. although a batch of my friends and me were headed that way...

On one part of the album, so announcer said " The New York state Thru is closed Man! " That is where we were...

Turned around and went back to Virginia.

Never had much use for hippies, even back then.

Did have a soft spot tho for some of those hippie gals. Learned a lot about sex from some of those gals...

and 69 was a GREAT YEAR!

and Favorite Group at Woodstock? My favorite group of that time period and my favorite of all time... CCR!

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Featherweight6555
Originally Posted by High_Noon
Originally Posted by champlain_islander
4 or 5 years later I saw the Band, Almond Brothers Band and the Greatful Dead at Watkins Glen. Great show.

LOL.

Thats a little past an LOL laugh laugh laugh

Almond Brothers Band, must be somehow related to the Allman Brothers Band....out of Jacksonville FL.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Seafire
Almond Brothers Band, must be somehow related to the Allman Brothers Band....out of Jacksonville FL.

Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't . . .

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Wasn’t there. Friends and I decided to go but waited too long. Could not even get near the place. People everywhere. Saw plenty of bouncing boobies along the road though. Finally just left and went home to drink. 1969 was a great year though.

Last edited by RicG; 11/22/22. Reason: Addition
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from cdn.shopify.com]

Seattle pop festival was before Woodstock and had better bands..........but no movie.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
NVhntr Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Nope. Not into that part of the ‘60s plus I was working making $1.10 an hour.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P
18 years old, I was there, but not for as long as I would have liked.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Can't imagine four days or so of all this good music.

This would have been worth a day's price of admission:

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I attended the 1999 version. It was a schitt show of epic proportion. But I’m still glad I attended.

My last dance with hallucinogens in the form of massive amounts of real-deal, blue and gray mushrooms.

There was too much to see. In more ways than one, lol.

Entertainment was going twenty four hours a day at stages literally miles apart. You had to pick and choose where you wanted to try to be for what performance and when.

Rage Against The Machine, and Metallica on Saturday night at the West (or Main) stage were particularly impressive. But I was so fugged up I thought we were all going to die anyway. So, it was tough to ‘enjoy’.

Anyway, we delivered The Bomb.

lol

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 1936M71, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10ring1, 69 invisible), 2,234 guests, and 1,150 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,128
Posts18,464,641
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.