Hop To
Page 20 of 44 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 43 44
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
As an aside, it’s gotta suck to be the owner of that house, clearly it was well-maintained. I dunno what they can do with it after this.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Originally Posted by johnn
Its complicated, it had to be someone that knew all 4, one thing to attack two and leave, but then go to another floor in the building and kill them as well. Had to be someone that was jealous, ostracized by all four of the victims.
Sounds like Jack to me.

Originally Posted by muleshoe
#jackdidit

Jack seems statistically likely, but I'm doubtful.

The crime scene is fixed in the sense that it contains (or does not contain) all of the evidence it ever will. There is no hurry to process the scene in the legal sense if they have probable cause for an arrest right NOW. They can arrest now on probable cause and finish processing the scene to beyond a reasonable doubt in the coming days or weeks.

However, they do not have a murder weapon, nor do they have any bloody clothing. Both of those things are VERY important pieces of evidence if they can be recovered.

Now, you take someone like Jack. If he did it, it was presumably a crime of passion or very hastily planned, meaning it wasn't done very well. He would likely have some cuts, scratches, or other marks on his hands and arms, which would be visible to police. There should be some kind of digital data (or maybe just odd inactivity) on his phone. The knife was either in his possession already (and probably known to his roommates because he didn't obtain it specifically to commit the murder) or he purchased it shortly before the killings (which LE have already looked into). In either case, they would have some indication that Jack owned a big knife of some kind. And its unlikely Jack would not act strangely if he had just murdered 4 people and had state and federal agents interrogating him.

In other words, if the killer is Jack, law enforcement likely has enough for probable cause to get a warrant for his residence and search his body for any wounds the victims may have caused. I promise you, law enforcement would not hold back to "build their case" or whatever else has been suggested if they had PC to arrest Jack and no murder weapon or bloody clothes. They would want to try and recover that evidence and any other evidence before it is disposed of. Yeah, they might have someone watching Jack to see if he takes a bag of trash out of the house or whatever, but meanwhile Jack could be cutting his clothes up into little bitty pieces and flushing them down the toilet, or filing his Ka-Bar into a pile of metal shavings, or destroying the evidence in any other number of ways. The cops want to get inside Jack's residence if they think he might be the killer, and will do so ASAP.

DNA data, in an expedited case, can be turned around in less than 24 hours. Cell data can be produced within minutes sometimes. Yes, it might take a while to get through ALL of it, but I promise these things have already been done:

1) Review of Jack's cell data, as well as the victims
2) DNA testing of victims' fingernails with comparison to Jack's DNA (voluntarily or via a warrant)
3) Intense vetting of Jack's alibi and his story of events leading up to that night
4) Approximate shoe size for Jack and the killer

If Jack did commit the murders, I have a real hard time believing they don't have probable cause for a search of his house yet.

I also have a hard time believing Jack would be able to "run the table" and stab all 4 people to death before anyone had a chance to get to their phone. There is an unsolved Oregon stabbing from last year that some are saying might be related if this is a serial killer. In that case, the killer stabbed the wife 19 times and she survived: https://people.com/crime/masked-intruder-stabbed-oregon-woman-19-times-killed-husband/

Point is, it is apparently not that easy to quickly kill someone with a knife. All of these Millennial/Gen-Z victims would have had their phones nearby. I think it is very likely Jack would have unknowingly left at least 1 of the 4 still alive, and that person would have called 911 or texted someone. And of course, they all knew who Jack was and could have identified him if he didn't have a mask on or if he said anything.

Instead, the police just EXPANDED the crime scene yesterday, 8 days after the killings. 8 days of media and lookey-loos coming by to try and see something about this infamous crime. God knows how contaminated that area probably is:

Law enforcement cordoned off a wide area behind a home on Monday in Moscow, Idaho, where four college students were stabbed to death eight days ago. 

The four University of Idaho students – Kaylee Goncalvez, Madison Mogen, Ethan Chapin, and Xana Kernodle – were found murdered on the second and third stories of that home just blocks from campus on Sunday, Nov. 13. 

The entrance to the back of the house is on the second level, and opens up to a parking lot and forested area, which was blocked off by police tape on Monday. 

Source: https://www.foxnews.com/us/idaho-police-expanding-crime-scene-site-college-students-murders

This tells me they don't have a suspect yet. Also tells me that they might have thought this was a pretty open-and-shut case initially, and they aren't solving it as quickly and easily as expected. Also tells me, as many have said on here, they are not the best investigators. How was the wooded area immediately in back of the house not secured earlier?

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Valsdad
I should copy the link for this thread and send it to the Feebs and the Moscow PD???

Lotta good info here as to where they should be looking. whistle

Kind of what I was thinking...

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by bellydeep
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Originally Posted by johnn
Its complicated, it had to be someone that knew all 4, one thing to attack two and leave, but then go to another floor in the building and kill them as well. Had to be someone that was jealous, ostracized by all four of the victims.
Sounds like Jack to me.

Originally Posted by muleshoe
#jackdidit

Jack seems statistically likely, but I'm doubtful.

The crime scene is fixed in the sense that it contains (or does not contain) all of the evidence it ever will. There is no hurry to process the scene in the legal sense if they have probable cause for an arrest right NOW. They can arrest now on probable cause and finish processing the scene to beyond a reasonable doubt in the coming days or weeks.

However, they do not have a murder weapon, nor do they have any bloody clothing. Both of those things are VERY important pieces of evidence if they can be recovered.

Now, you take someone like Jack. If he did it, it was presumably a crime of passion or very hastily planned, meaning it wasn't done very well. He would likely have some cuts, scratches, or other marks on his hands and arms, which would be visible to police. There should be some kind of digital data (or maybe just odd inactivity) on his phone. The knife was either in his possession already (and probably known to his roommates because he didn't obtain it specifically to commit the murder) or he purchased it shortly before the killings (which LE have already looked into). In either case, they would have some indication that Jack owned a big knife of some kind. And its unlikely Jack would not act strangely if he had just murdered 4 people and had state and federal agents interrogating him.

In other words, if the killer is Jack, law enforcement likely has enough for probable cause to get a warrant for his residence and search his body for any wounds the victims may have caused. I promise you, law enforcement would not hold back to "build their case" or whatever else has been suggested if they had PC to arrest Jack and no murder weapon or bloody clothes. They would want to try and recover that evidence and any other evidence before it is disposed of. Yeah, they might have someone watching Jack to see if he takes a bag of trash out of the house or whatever, but meanwhile Jack could be cutting his clothes up into little bitty pieces and flushing them down the toilet, or filing his Ka-Bar into a pile of metal shavings, or destroying the evidence in any other number of ways. The cops want to get inside Jack's residence if they think he might be the killer, and will do so ASAP.

DNA data, in an expedited case, can be turned around in less than 24 hours. Cell data can be produced within minutes sometimes. Yes, it might take a while to get through ALL of it, but I promise these things have already been done:

1) Review of Jack's cell data, as well as the victims
2) DNA testing of victims' fingernails with comparison to Jack's DNA (voluntarily or via a warrant)
3) Intense vetting of Jack's alibi and his story of events leading up to that night
4) Approximate shoe size for Jack and the killer

If Jack did commit the murders, I have a real hard time believing they don't have probable cause for a search of his house yet.

I also have a hard time believing Jack would be able to "run the table" and stab all 4 people to death before anyone had a chance to get to their phone. There is an unsolved Oregon stabbing from last year that some are saying might be related if this is a serial killer. In that case, the killer stabbed the wife 19 times and she survived: https://people.com/crime/masked-intruder-stabbed-oregon-woman-19-times-killed-husband/

Point is, it is apparently not that easy to quickly kill someone with a knife. All of these Millennial/Gen-Z victims would have had their phones nearby. I think it is very likely Jack would have unknowingly left at least 1 of the 4 still alive, and that person would have called 911 or texted someone. And of course, they all knew who Jack was and could have identified him if he didn't have a mask on or if he said anything.

Instead, the police just EXPANDED the crime scene yesterday, 8 days after the killings. 8 days of media and lookey-loos coming by to try and see something about this infamous crime. God knows how contaminated that area probably is:

Law enforcement cordoned off a wide area behind a home on Monday in Moscow, Idaho, where four college students were stabbed to death eight days ago. 

The four University of Idaho students – Kaylee Goncalvez, Madison Mogen, Ethan Chapin, and Xana Kernodle – were found murdered on the second and third stories of that home just blocks from campus on Sunday, Nov. 13. 

The entrance to the back of the house is on the second level, and opens up to a parking lot and forested area, which was blocked off by police tape on Monday. 

Source: https://www.foxnews.com/us/idaho-police-expanding-crime-scene-site-college-students-murders

This tells me they don't have a suspect yet. Also tells me that they might have thought this was a pretty open-and-shut case initially, and they aren't solving it as quickly and easily as expected. Also tells me, as many have said on here, they are not the best investigators. How was the wooded area immediately in back of the house not secured earlier?

You make some good points but there is the fact these folks were out partying and were quite likely passed out. Two in one room and two in another room on another floor. (From accounts).

If passed out, would have been easy enough for Killer to get their phones out of the way if they were nearby the victims before they could call. Then again, phones get put on dressers to charge and not necessarily near the bed.

Two other victims passed out on the other floor of the house may never have heard anything, or if they did been cognizant enough of what it was they were hearing.

Killer then goes to their room and repeats.

They'll catch Killer soon enough............................or not.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Had this taken place in Texas in the days of LBJ, it already would have been dismissed as suicides.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
As an aside, it’s gotta suck to be the owner of that house, clearly it was well-maintained. I dunno what they can do with it after this.

How kind of you to take real estate investors into consideration.

I'd clean that place up, blast some Kilz primer on the walls, paint it and have it sold inside of a couple weeks to some other real estate inverstor smuck.

It's actually a pretty sweet place in a prime location.

1122 King Rd
Moscow, ID 83843

6 Beds

3 Baths

2,295 sqft

One of the top campus housing options available! - Sought after location within close walking/biking/driving distance to campus and Greek Row. Ideal set up for roommates with 2 beds / 1 bath on each level. Great outdoor living and entertaining space with large deck and patio.. This 6 bed / 3 full bath home has been fully renovated in 2018 - 2019. Recent updates included new kitchen (cabinets, counters, appliances), 2 fully remodeled bathrooms and newer flooring throughout (no carpet). Washer/Dryer in unit and reserved off-street parking. Easy living with low maintenance landscaping. Professionally managed by Team Idaho Real Estate & Property Management (one of Moscow's longest standing property management firms!) All maintenance is performed by qualified, licensed, and insured professionals. All major systems (roof, furnace, etc have been updated in recent years). A proactive maintenance program with annual dryer vent cleaning, bi-annual furnace servicing, and proactive quarterly maintenance inspections. 

02/05/2020Listed For Rent$2,495

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Know of a couple incidents, and folks involved w cleanup.
It can be quite a remodel.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Tks for taking the time, I’d figure who would want to live there after that, I could be wrong.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
After many years of watching “Law and Order” I think I’m qualified to say it was an inside job.

Black Cows Matter!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Had this taken place in Texas in the days of LBJ, it already would have been dismissed as suicides.

LBJ was a nobody in Texas. Same as Biden was to Obama or Pence to Trump.

No offense, but nobody from Minnesota should ever talk politics to America.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Matlock would have already apprehended the suspect and retrieved a signed confession.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Tks for taking the time, I’d figure who would want to live there after that, I could be wrong.

There had been a murder in one of the last homes I lived in for any length of time. The wife had shot her husband in the garage, I was in there for nine years and it just never entered my mind.

Considerably different than this. I honestly think it'd sell or rent pretty easy, maybe a little slower but I doubt it.

I struggle more with things like giving the deposits back to the parents.

There's going to be major down time, major clean up and a paint job at minumum. I might resist sending them a bill for the all the expenses they cost me but I'd be incline to retain any deposits and just call it even, that'd be being generous in my book.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Thanks for the rundown and pics, Rene

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by JeffA

There had been a murder in one of the last homes I lived in for any length of time. The wife had shot her husband in the garage, I was in there for nine years and it just never entered my mind.

Considerably different than this. I honestly think it'd sell or rent pretty easy, maybe a little slower but I doubt it.

I struggle more with things like giving the deposits back to the parents.

There's going to be major down time, major clean up and a paint job at minumum. I might resist sending them a bill for the all the expenses they cost me but I'd be incline to retain any deposits and just call it even, that'd be being generous in my book.

Depends on the social status of the parents. Rich fûcks that sent their kids to "school" to party for 4 years I'd eat the cleaning bill and keep the deposits.

Working folks, I'd refund the deposits.

But I'm a poor businessman, and I'd be a absolute shîtty slumlord.

MAGA
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by 5sdad

LBJ was a nobody in Texas. Same as Biden was to Obama or Pence to Trump.

No offense, but nobody from Minnesota should ever talk politics to America.

Probably just makes it worse, but I'm actually from Iowa. I was thinking of the skillful suicide of Henry Marshall.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think you might start seeing news reports about Kaylee having a stalker.

The kids on the 4chan and reddit boards have been raging on this kid since day one, they know him.

I posted a link to his photos in a earlier post in this thread, it's the kid with the hoody at the food truck that the police say they've cleared. His name is also Jack, not to be confused with the ex boyfriend named Jack.

This is all total BS rumor, take it with a grain of salt.

The kids have been saying Kaylee reported 'food truck Jack' to the police for stalking a couple months ago, he lives real close by.

Ethan Chapin, the dead guy, supposedly reported 'food truck Jack' to his fraternity and he was supposedly kicked out.

The kids have also stated "food truck Jack" has a huge collection of knives.

They've had nothing positive to say about this kid while at the same time speak highly of Jack the ex boyfriend just like Kaylees parents do.

Food truck Jack took all his social media sites down as soon as the video of him at the food truck hit the news.
But not before the kids snagged a few images and posted them elsewhere. That's the images I posted the link to earlier, he's standing in the middle of a gut pile with bloody clothes on, he'd obviously just killed a elk and dressed it out. One of the images shows him packing out the rack from his elk.

I think the kids could just be biased because he hunts and they don't like him. As far as the stalking thing goes and Ethan reporting him to his fraternity, idunno, it's likely to all be BS biased rumors.

Just wanted to throw this out there if the news starts running with the stalking story and the name Jack comes up, it isn't going to be the ex boyfriend Jack they will be speaking of.

I think Jack the ex boyfriend is probably the one that used the girls phone to make the 911 call.
They say the girls called friends to the house before the 911 call was made, being they all knew Jack he may have been who they called for help.

Keep in mind, this is all hearsay BS thus far.

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Too bad Angila Lansbury is dead. She'd have this whole mess sorted.

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The experts seem divided.

I'm here to increase my social credit score and rub elbows with some of the highest rollers on the internet.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RUM7
Too bad Angila Lansbury is dead. She'd have this whole mess sorted.

Mod Squad..
Huggy Bear, or the local equivalent in Moscow ID, would have the straight poop. By sundown that evening after the 911 calls they'd have been jumping over car hoods and tackling perps left and right.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Page 20 of 44 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 43 44

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

584 members (22250rem, 1_deuce, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 1minute, 61 invisible), 2,139 guests, and 1,235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,282
Posts18,448,597
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.