Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 20 of 22 1 2 18 19 20 21 22
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
To the people screaming that we are being disarmed, yes, we know that. Unlike in the US, Canadians have no constitutional guarantees of gun ownership. Never have. Most governments recognized that legal firearms were part of our culture and heritage and never overly infringed on our rights to bear arms. Even the introduction of ill fated long gun registry never attempted to disarm the public. It is the government of Justin Trudeau that has pushed for the complete disarmament of Canadians. This government has also crushed political protests, encouraged unwanted medical procedures, controlled the media and is attempting to censure the internet.

Justin Trudeau once stated that country he most admired was China. Trudeau is also one of Klaus Schwab’s protégés and greatly influenced by the World Economic Forum. We conservative Canadians know where the problem lies, it just now needs to filter to the urban masses where the Liberal election money is spent. The insanity continues and will only cease when Trudeau is voted out.

Nick

GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by 673
For those who don't know, but should know......the clout Canada's indigenous has isn't one of physical force, it is one of Constitutional clout.

As I said previously, that Constitutional clout shared with the unified firearms community at large is the best way to deal with a wimpish gun grab.

We are also learning the extent of the Constitutional powers Ottawa has and what the Provinces rights are regarding firearms. We never knew because we never had too know.

... I'm sure that in some parallel universe there is a Canada with a "unified firearms community at large" ... the FN are certainly united and organized but the majority of the over 2 million Canadian gun owner are in general apathetic and in some cases as mutually antagonistic as bobcats in a burlap bag (eg. hunters vs handgun and AR owners)

... "We are also learning the extent of the Constitutional powers Ottawa has" ... I suggest you learn FASTER ... a lot of privately owned Canadian firearms are already earmarked for the Hamilton steel mill blast furnaces

Proud Life Member of the NRA & GOA
673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Pricedo, you are right, your next post is even more correct than the last, trust me.
A deep thinker, your intellect is noted.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by 673
Pricedo, you are right, your next post is even more correct than the last, trust me.
A deep thinker, your intellect is noted.

... maybe the inevitable "knock on the door" by the Kings Cowboys will wake Canadian gun owners up ... but I doubt it ... if the blatant home burglaries perpetrated by agents of the state in High River, Alberta didn't ... NOTHING WILL

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
"A deep thinker, your intellect is noted."

.. I know I'm "peeing into the wind" but last thought ... some situations require DOING not THINKING

IC B2

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by pricedo

.. I know I'm "peeing into the wind" but last thought ... some situations require DOING not THINKING
What have you done?

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 673

What have you done?
While you compile your list of things you have done, maybe put forth some idea's that you would do if you could/would/should.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 673
For those who don't know, but should know......the clout Canada's indigenous has isn't one of physical force, it is one of Constitutional clout.

As I said previously, that Constitutional clout shared with the unified firearms community at large is the best way to deal with a wimpish gun grab.

We are also learning the extent of the Constitutional powers Ottawa has and what the Provinces rights are regarding firearms. We never knew because we never had too know.

... I'm sure that in some parallel universe there is a Canada with a "unified firearms community at large" ... the FN are certainly united and organized but the majority of the over 2 million Canadian gun owner are in general apathetic and in some cases as mutually antagonistic as bobcats in a burlap bag (eg. hunters vs handgun and AR owners)

... "We are also learning the extent of the Constitutional powers Ottawa has" ... I suggest you learn FASTER ... a lot of privately owned Canadian firearms are already earmarked for the Hamilton steel mill blast furnaces

pricedo;
Top of the morning, I hope whichever side of the medicine line you're on that the week behaved for you and you're well.

In a past long past, if I'm not wrong you've stated you were a dual citizen so that certainly could give you a different perspective than my own and I accept that.

You've stated that the Lib/NDP coalition respects the FN and I would differ with you in the strongest possible terms on that. They might be attempting to virtue signal to them as a group, but the Lib/NDP coalition has done little if anything to address the issues individual bands are facing.

By way of explanation, I've had family who lived in Woods Cree, Dene and Tahltan communities and maintain some ties there. More current contacts are family who are involved with business associations and partnerships with various FN bands through out BC, though mostly in the interior and not too much coastal. We also have personal contacts in the south Okanagan FN bands.

From those connections then I've not observed that the FN - as a group - were united or organized - though the legacy media might purport that to be so. The organization and unity will vary widely and wildly depending upon the elected band council and chief.

Moving on from the FN discussion, there indeed was a time in the past when only the NFA was the main organization of firearms owners or certainly out west here, but with the forming of the CCFR that's changed - for the better in my opinion. I've been a member of both and am currently a CCFR member.

I've been involved at the local, provincial and in some instances federal firearms issues for 40 years now so again that's primarily my observations from two western provinces - Saskatchewan and BC.

The amount of pressure put onto the MPs on this last fiasco with C-21 was - according to the MP's staff - a little disconcerting to them so the targeted MPs - mostly NDP by the way - knew they'd stepped in it. I'll note that they still haven't managed to oust Jimmy Dhaliwal from his position and that's duly noted as well.

We'll see if it's enough, I'm not sure, but I'm not even close to giving up or ceasing with this windmill I've chosen to spend most of my life tilting at.

Again we'll see.

All the best.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think we are going to be ok, I do have a concern the gun owning Community doesn't become divided in some way ie: paying Native leaders to stfu, making Native Communities at large immune from legislation, or perhaps carrots dangled to Provinces who are opposed to any gun grabs.

Until then, the last thing gun grabbers want to see is a unified gun owning Community.

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
The only group actively resisting the latest attempts to disarm us are the gun collectors, target shooters, hand gun owners and some hunters. Many hunters are pretty apathetic. Some believe the Liberals don’t want universal gun seizures and that they will be allowed to keep their traditional hunting rifles. Others simply don’t want to get involved, don’t want to join a gun rights association, don’t want to contact their MPs and MPPs. Some will even vote Liberal or NDP next election.

I did what I could and will keep up the fight but I do not control the apathetic gun owners that choose to sit on their hands while this is going on. I have tried to get many to join the fight but again this has mostly fallen on deaf ears. I even supplied them with a copy of the letters I sent to my MP and MPP and to the best of my knowledge only one person followed through with it. I am doing my part.

Nick

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by 673
I think we are going to be ok, I do have a concern the gun owning Community doesn't become divided in some way ie: paying Native leaders to stfu, making Native Communities at large immune from legislation, or perhaps carrots dangled to Provinces who are opposed to any gun grabs.

Until then, the last thing gun grabbers want to see is a unified gun owning Community.

... are you listening to yourself? ... how are you going to be OK? ... Canadian gun owners have never been united ... your country is a pen stroke away from banning semi autos ... your kids will never own a handgun ... how do your statements jive with reality? ... I'm starting to think Trudeau's legalization of "wacky tobacky" was part of the disarmament plan

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Dwayne, hope this finds you well. We have been south of the medicine line in the shade of a cactus for for awhile. All is good down here and being somewhat distant from the Trudeau Canada it is interesting to do comparisons on life styles. Not once have I felt unsafe in a concealed carry / open carry state with guns and ammunition readily viewable in stores.

Thanks for the background on training for the licence requirements. Good on you for your position on fees and the RPAL. Even though I do not have and have never had the urge for any firearm that would require a RPAL I have that licence as support to the whole community. Similarly when the Liberals started the attack on black guns I started writing letters of support for the community — again I do not have any guns in that category but I feel strongly that the overall community needs to come together before it is to late.

673 - I hope all is well. My biggest fear is government at all levels. Look what Trudeau has done with a minority government declaring his actions as having the support of all Canadians. At a municipal level we have mayors in the two major cities in Alberta stating they would help the Federal Liberals on the gun confiscation program. It does not take rocket scientist to think that should the NDP get back in power in Alberta, Notley will be kneeling at Trudeau’s feet once again and supporting any legislation that would be against firearm ownership. So I agree tough times.

Writing letters and being part of organizations like the CCFR is something I wish all people that own firearms would undertake.

Hugh
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by 673
Originally Posted by 673

What have you done?
While you compile your list of things you have done, maybe put forth some idea's that you would do if you could/would/should.

... I'm a life member of the NRA and GOA and have actively supported them for many years BUT don't worry about me ... the RCMP confiscation teams aren't coming for my guns ... they're coming for YOURS

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Pricedo on firearms you are one bad election away from becoming what Canada is now facing. What would happen with the house, senate and president all being democratic and the president at that circumstance being an Obama or Biden?

I watch the number of trial runs that democratic leaders in California, NJ and other states take at your 2A and just think that it is only a matter of time before something one of them does sticks.

I admire your constitution but even you have to admit that 2A has been under serious pressure the last few years. Yes there is push back but the pressure against is increasing not dropping off.

On the RCMP what used to be a fine force is now a political tool - High River and Nova Scotia has shown both sides of the country that. In your case the politicalization of the FBI, ATF and Homeland Security must be troubling.

So sad to say I think our current situation could be your future.

Hugh
V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by HughW
Pricedo on firearms you are one bad election away from becoming what Canada is now facing. What would happen with the house, senate and president all being democratic and the president at that circumstance being an Obama or Biden?

We had that exact experience under Obama. What ended up happening was the agendas that made the shareholders the most money were pushed (Obamacare).

At the end of the day, what'll elicit true "gun grabs" is when the profit turns to loss. Then they'll hit the delete button on the whole industry, and it'll come from both sides of the aisle.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Verylargeboots - given what your EPA and Land Management has done with regulations to impact hunting areas as well as select industries I have been surprised that they have not taken aim at the manufacturing side - powder, primers etc. Perhaps given the needs of the military and law enforcement in the US this would overrule any move that way.

I do recall up here a move to have reloading requiring a licence and inspection by The Federal agency for Mining —- basically under explosives. That dropped by the wayside.

Whoever came up with the saying “never underestimate the perseverance of a liberal / democrat / lefty to keep pushing a bad idea” was 100% correct.

Hugh
Campfire Member
Campfire Member

I watch the number of trial runs that democratic leaders in California, NJ and other states take at your 2A and just think that it is only a matter of time before something one of them does sticks.

I admire your constitution but even you have to admit that 2A has been under serious pressure the last few years. Yes there is push back but the pressure against is increasing not dropping off.

On the RCMP what used to be a fine force is now a political tool - High River and Nova Scotia has shown both sides of the country that. In your case the politicalization of the FBI, ATF and Homeland Security must be troubling.

So sad to say I think our current situation could be your future.

... au contraire mon ami ... we've survived a few bad elections ... we not only survived Clinton, Obama & Biden ... we gained freedoms (shall issue concealed carry in most states and permit-less "constitutional carry" in a growing number) under those administrations ... if Americans were easy to disarm it would have already happened

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Verylargeboots - given what your EPA and Land Management has done with regulations to impact hunting areas as well as select industries I have been surprised that they have not taken aim at the manufacturing side - powder, primers etc. Perhaps given the needs of the military and law enforcement in the US this would overrule any move that way.

I do recall up here a move to have reloading requiring a licence and inspection by The Federal agency for Mining —- basically under explosives. That dropped by the wayside.

Whoever came up with the saying “never underestimate the perseverance of a liberal / democrat / lefty to keep pushing a bad idea” was 100% correct.

They've attempted to take aim at the manufacturing side of it previously, last time it was compounds in the powder they wanted to ban interstate transportation of for the express purpose of shutting down ammunition production all together. But that got slapped down hard by bureaucrats just due to the logistics of supply for the military and whatnot.

The EPA got it's pp slapped pretty hard recently with the Bruen ruling, but I'm sure they'll keep finding ways to screw us over.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Verylargeboots

We had that exact experience under Obama. What ended up happening was the agendas that made the shareholders the most money were pushed (Obamacare).

At the end of the day, what'll elicit true "gun grabs" is when the profit turns to loss. Then they'll hit the delete button on the whole industry, and it'll come from both sides of the aisle.

... don't know whether those asinine thoughts and predictions are related to the legal wacky tobacky in Canada but the American experience is NOTHING LIKE the Canadian experience with firearms related freedoms (or in the Canadian case lack thereof) ... but keep telling yourselves whatever makes you feel better ... the truism "misery likes company" applies in this situation

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 673

... are you listening to yourself? ... how are you going to be OK? ... Canadian gun owners have never been united ... your country is a pen stroke away from banning semi autos ... your kids will never own a handgun ... how do your statements jive with reality? ... I'm starting to think Trudeau's legalization of "wacky tobacky" was part of the disarmament plan
You are still preaching to the choir and I'm sure you find it stimulating.
Trudeau did legalize weed, and that was a huge reason why he got voted into office the first time, so bingo.
What do you mean when you say gun owners have never been united? I am truly interested in this answer, because thus far, it didn't take much to derail their plans.

You started off here saying gun owners should do what the Indians would do, by citing what they have done at Gustafson lk, ipperwash, Oka etc...Those so-called uprisings are viewed with suspicion and got nobody, nowhere, and some guys died in prison......so, no, and I am positive you know nothing about Native Canada.

So you have done something regarding gun rights in another country, but FA in this one.

Page 20 of 22 1 2 18 19 20 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

71 members (batch, BB3, 10gaugemag, Akhutr, Anaconda, 13 invisible), 1,542 guests, and 838 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,208
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.