Print Thread
Hop To
Page 21 of 22 1 2 19 20 21 22
673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by HughW
Dwayne, hope this finds you well. We have been south of the medicine line in the shade of a cactus for for awhile. All is good down here and being somewhat distant from the Trudeau Canada it is interesting to do comparisons on life styles. Not once have I felt unsafe in a concealed carry / open carry state with guns and ammunition readily viewable in stores.

Thanks for the background on training for the licence requirements. Good on you for your position on fees and the RPAL. Even though I do not have and have never had the urge for any firearm that would require a RPAL I have that licence as support to the whole community. Similarly when the Liberals started the attack on black guns I started writing letters of support for the community — again I do not have any guns in that category but I feel strongly that the overall community needs to come together before it is to late.

673 - I hope all is well. My biggest fear is government at all levels. Look what Trudeau has done with a minority government declaring his actions as having the support of all Canadians. At a municipal level we have mayors in the two major cities in Alberta stating they would help the Federal Liberals on the gun confiscation program. It does not take rocket scientist to think that should the NDP get back in power in Alberta, Notley will be kneeling at Trudeau’s feet once again and supporting any legislation that would be against firearm ownership. So I agree tough times.

Writing letters and being part of organizations like the CCFR is something I wish all people that own firearms would undertake.
As you know, we have an NDP government in BC, thus far they have been pretty quiet on the firearms, their support is the lower mainland mostly. The problem seems to be coming from Ontario and Quebec LOL.

In addition to your highlighted statement, I would add that we need to become politically active at every level of government from the most basic Community associations to the Federal level, also, strengthen relationships between Native Communities and non native Communities where they already exist and build them where they don't presently exist.

There are almost 1 million Native People in Canada, most don't vote, government likes it that way. The last thing the government in this Country wants is their sheeple shaking hands, too late, its already happening.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
673;
Good afternoon to you my friend, I hope you're getting spring up there and the weekend is going well.

We've got some buttercups up, a marmot across the road was out, but it's still freezing at night.

If you've never watched this guy, his wife is FN and he puts a bit of that side into his videos.

I get the impression he'd be good for a laugh or two in person..

For sure preaching to the choir once more, but hopefully the choir is getting a wee bit bigger I suppose?

Best to you all this week.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Thanks for posting that video Dwayne. Really shows what we are up against.

Nick

673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Dwayne
The video from pretty much every perspective is ridiculous and should be required viewing for anyone who can vote.
Dane Lloyd is there LOL...
Its a pretty big screw up, the Liberals sent one guy that didn't remove his toque, the other guy shouldn't even be allowed into the country, and the Lady is lying, all that is a problem for them.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 673
Dwayne
The video from pretty much every perspective is ridiculous and should be required viewing for anyone who can vote.
Dane Lloyd is there LOL...
Its a pretty big screw up, the Liberals sent one guy that didn't remove his toque, the other guy shouldn't even be allowed into the country, and the Lady is lying, all that is a problem for them.

673;
Good evening once more and thanks for the reply.

It is ridiculous from every perspective and indeed it should be required viewing.

Rod Giltaca talked about that a few times that he's testified to committees - that they're not "present" when they actually show up and often don't do that. Nonetheless Pam, Taleeb and Mr. Toque get paid extra for being on committee...

Cool no?

As Nick says, it really shows what we're up against.

They have no respect for any of us - as Hugh's thread indicated - none whatsoever.

We'll see if we can get them retired early.

All the best to you again this week.

Dwayne

IC B2

673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
To be honest, it has been exciting for me personally to view something that affects us all equally, we are all getting the same treatment, frankly I love it LOL.
Gun owners need to know many are working hard, you may be surprised at who is on your side.

Thanks Trudeau! laugh

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Dwayne thanks for that video. I will be sharing that around to a number of friends in the shooting sports. Just terrible behaviour by the Liberals on that committee.

Hugh
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
The lies and misdirections and disinformation in those hearings, and the speeches,interviews by the Libs are stark. Pammy basically told the Cdn Olympic movement, that the Libs didn't give two chits about the shooters in the programs, as there were so few, they weren't worth supporting. The rep from the Cdn Firearms Program for the RCMP lab, has been proven time after time, to be misdirecting and misrepresenting information. The NDP reps pretend to be sympathetic, and put on a nice show, but will vote against amending it in favor of gun owners, when the time comes to vote yea or nay on anything suggested.
They just released the budget, no money for a buyback in it, just IT upgrades to the CFP, for 29mil over the next 5 yrs.
With the G4-G46 amendments, they will likely separate the ban list and put it in thru an OIC if they can't get away with jamming it thru, it's withdrawn for the moment. The OIC list isn't as dangerous as the mag laws amendment though, it's the one that'll get hunting guns, as it takes out any autoloading gun that can take a mag with more than 5 rds, because of bigger aftermarket mags that fit in it.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Mass Casualty report issued. I have not read it yet. From on line opinions there is no mention of smuggling of illegal guns, no reference to the shooter being illegal — focus is on disarming the population.

Given Trudeau’s response to the knife killings — Canadians know we need to go after guns and that is why C-21 is so important — I suspect this report is supporting the Liberals in another scripted run at legal gun owners

https://masscasualtycommission.ca/final-report/

Hugh
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hugh;
Good afternoon sir, I hope that despite all the clownery in which we currently exist that you and yours are well.

Here's the CCFR's take on it and no, it's neither good nor remotely relevant.

Weird right?

All the best to you anyways sir.

Dwayne

IC B3

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Dwayne, weather here in the shade of a cactus today sitting at 22C.

Thanks for the video. Very troubling that the report is totally off topic — the mass casualty in NS cause, failings of the police and what could have been down in that situation better.

Instead of dealing with the issues - guns from the US smuggled in, police failures - no PAL and knowing he had guns — twist the report to suit the Liberal narrative— just another failure by this corrupt government.

Hugh
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
CBC Article on the report — surprisingly they feature the failures of the RCMP and recommendations made for correction first.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova...res-calls-for-dramatic-reforms-1.6795826

Hugh
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Interesting that federal inquiry findings under Trudeau are all in lock step with the government’s agenda. But, it is Trudeau that accuses Pollievre of subverting the democratic principles of this country. The people of Nova Scotia should be outraged that once again the Liberals have used their losses in this tragedy for its political gain.

Nick

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
... the RCMP will redeem themselves by disarming law abiding Canadians

Proud Life Member of the NRA & GOA
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
... the MCC report was a contrived Liberal lifeline to a sinking bill c21 ... it had little to do with the Nova Scotia mass shooting ... c21 will pass with even more onerous amendments ... the Liberal "justification" will be "we're just following the recommendations of the MCC report"

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Very interesting article that is sure to get people that have followed the NS shooting and the RCMP bungling just shaking their heads. That incident was fully preventable if the various groups (RAMP, local police and CBS) had kept each other informed. Just scary what Gabriel Wortman was able to get away with due to the bungling.

Now you have a new RCMP commissioner that wants to go after the general population vs fixing the problems within the RCMP and interjurisdictional governmant agencies --- reads like a 911 fisaco on the Canadian side on the lack of department to department communication.

https://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/n-s-mas...the-inquiry-s-call-for-reforms-1.6346929

A decade before a Nova Scotia man used smuggled guns to murder 22 people in the province in 2020, police information systems had labelled him as a firearms risk.

Yet those records never found their way to the Canada Border Services Agency, and they didn't prevent the mass shooter from obtaining a Nexus card -- granting him status as a low-risk traveller.

The final report of the public inquiry into Canada's worst mass shooting, released last week, details troubling breakdowns in information sharing and recommends reforms to develop "fully interoperable systems" for exchanging records between police and the federal border agency.

The report also describes how red flags about the killer didn't lead to detection of his illegal activities during any of his 21 border crossings between 2016 and the April 18-19, 2020, killings.

However, after Wortman threatened to kill his father in 2010, a notable warning went undetected.

After the death threat, Halifax police generated a report on Wortman that included a reference to him as "Firearms Interest to Police." That was attached to a report in the Canadian Police Information Centre -- which intelligence officers with the border agency were authorized to access. The police information centre, operated by the RCMP, is the national information sharing system that links law enforcement and other public safety agencies.

The inquiry's final report says the document stated in capital letters, "This person may be of interest to firearms officers."

Yet when Wortman applied for and received his Nexus card in 2015, the border agency "did not have access" to the firearms warning, the report says. It also says the border agency didn't have a record of a 2011 Nova Scotia police intelligence report indicating that Wortman had said he wanted to kill police officers.

Through the summer of 2016, a "lookout" was placed on Wortman by the border agency suggesting he was undervaluing motorcycles he bought in Florida. The inquiry report says he was pulled aside for more detailed examinations at the border on seven occasions as a result, but no seizures occurred.

The inquiry said despite the 2016 "lookout" and an earlier one in 2010 on suspicion of drug activity, Wortman kept his Nexus status. The border service's website says Nexus is reserved for "trusted travellers" who are deemed "low-risk." Though it doesn't exempt holders from secondary border searches, it gives them a fast track at ports of entry.

The inquiry found that the inability of the border agency to access the 2010 and 2011 red flags about Wortman when they processed his Nexus application in 2015 "clearly indicates there are gaps in information and intelligence sharing between law enforcement and the CBSA."

Kat Owens, the project director of the Women's Legal Education and Action Fund -- which participated in the inquiry -- said in a telephone interview Wednesday that the CBSA "should have had additional knowledge about the perpetrator when assessing his application for a Nexus card."

"It's important CBSA have information about potential possession of firearms," she said.

The border agency cancelled an interview it had agreed to provide to The Canadian Press with its vice-president of intelligence and enforcement and instead sent written comments.

The agency said it has reviewed the inquiry's recommendations and is "working with our partners in Canada and internationally to examine the possibility of increasing our collaborative frameworks to facilitate the sharing of information and records among law enforcement agencies."

Karine Martel, a spokeswoman, said CBSA intelligence officers have had access to the "Firearms Interest to Police" reports since 2007, and since June 2022, the agency's immigration enforcement officers, criminal investigators and border officers have also had access.

However, she wrote, employees who screen for Nexus cards still aren't allowed access to the firearms warning because "it would not be appropriate under current legislation and rules."

The mass shooting inquiry's final report cites a 2020 border agency assessment that says that before the killings, there was "minimal intelligence ... about firearms smuggling in Atlantic Canada because it was a 'lower tiered priority' for the CBSA."

It also noted the agency had ended the practice of having its own regional intelligence position in the years before the mass killing, even though these officers were key resources when it comes to firearms smuggling from the United States.

The final report noted that special joint U.S.-Canadian border enforcement teams had been set up across the country, but a unit in New Brunswick was disbanded in 2018, and no reason was provided to the commission.

The border agency said in an email the position of regional intelligence officer was reinstated in the Atlantic region in late 2021.

It also said it has taken other steps to strengthen information sharing, "while balancing privacy and Charter rights," including regular meetings with U.S. border agency officials and the creation of a special task force "to combat the threat posed by smuggled firearms."

This report by The Canadian Press was first published April 7, 2023.

Hugh
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
... the Canadian politicians and RCMP already have a perfect scapegoat in place for the NS shooting tragedy and their ensuing gross incompetence and bungling ... that scapegoat is the group of approx 2 million apathetic, obedient and docile as sheep Canadian gun owners who will do as they are told and give up their property and rights on demand ... the RCMP will redeem themselves in the eyes of their political masters in implementing the Liberal disarmament agenda which will be as easy as taking candy from a baby ... the PAL (firearms license) database will provide the contact information that will lead the RCMP right to gun owners doors ... EASY PEASY ... you'd almost think it was planned that way ... IT WAS!

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I've told it before, they want my proof of passing mt firearms test, I sent it to them, how do you suppose they sent, and renewed my card? grrr!

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
... Trudeau has appointed a new RCMP Commissioner quite willing to trample civil rights and seize firearms from hitherto innocent, law abiding, vetted & licensed Canadian gun owners ... anybody with a PAL (firearms license) unfortunately already has a pre-arranged appointment card for a knock on the door and the dubious distinction of knowing that they ratted themselves out for a gun grab that was planned by the Liberals years in advance when they applied for their PAL license ... this coming summer will go down in infamy in Canada as "The summer of the broken doors"

673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Bill C-21 is now in the hands of the Senate, it can all end there.
The CCFR has provided all of the info needed for Canadians to act on their own, write your Senators to vote no on the Bill.
No surprise the Senate has been stacked by Trudeau shills, which speaks to the need to write as many Senators as you can.

Page 21 of 22 1 2 19 20 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (10ring1, 007FJ, 160user, 19rabbit52, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 66 invisible), 2,207 guests, and 1,180 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,211
Posts18,466,188
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.