Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
59 years ago today....

and not one thread about it ALL Day.. November 22, 2022....Guess everyone forgets with time or don't care...
even the democRATS....

Rest in Peace John Kennedy....

I remember.. and remember hearing it on the news when we were eating dinner, and had only lived in England, for 90 days
when my dad was transferred over there for 3 years duty at RAF Alconbury...

My mom broke into tears, and my dad was on base, called in for a NATO Alert.
Mom worked in his office when he first came to Washington. The family got a Christmas Card from him and his family right up thru 1962....

Mom flew back home to Virginia for the funeral.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

BP-B2

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I was three blocks away. Was in 5th grade, honor roll students got to go downtown to see the president. Sad day

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I wad in the 5th grade. All the teachers were called to the office and given the news. We were sent home early.

μολὼν λαβέ
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Ph uck him.

His lasting legacy is affirmative action, which gave us Ketanji Jackson.

Of course he was better than the $hitbird who ascended to the office upon his death.

“Factio democratica delenda est"
J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
I was a high school senior then, on half day sessions, already home for the day. Whatever you think about JFK, his murder was a government conspiracy, not the act of a lone nut.

NRA Endowment Life Member, G.O.A supporter
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
i was in a baby crib crapping in my diapers

NRA Life Member
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by nyrifleman
Ph uck him.

His lasting legacy is affirmative action, which gave us Ketanji Jackson.

Of course he was better than the $hitbird who ascended to the office upon his death.
He was before my time but probably better than all but two Presidents that have came after him. That may say more about the Presidents that came after him than it does Kennedy…

Anytime they have to call that chit the opposite of what it really is to make it more appealing to low information voters. You know it’s a scam on the people.

Un-earned income tax credits become earned income tax credits. Or in the above situation discrimination against whitey becomes “affirmative action.”

Segregation ended under Johnson so whatever affirmative action that Kennedy signed was probably done from a different perspective than todays. Obviously the correct law would be to be racially neutral.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Was 13 yr. old in Jr. High band when the news came. Two hours later asst. principal came and took me to the hospital as my Dad had just passed away with a heart attack.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Chisos
Was 13 yr. old in Jr. High band when the news came. Two hours later asst. principal came and took me to the hospital as my Dad had just passed away with a heart attack.
Wow, sorry man.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
I was at Osan AFB Korea. Got the news about 2:30 in the morning. Spent the rest of the night at post on the base perimeter pulling guard duty. Guess they thought the Norks were about to come back over the 38th parallel. Didn't happen.
PJ

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jerseyboy
I was a high school senior then, on half day sessions, already home for the day. Whatever you think about JFK, his murder was a government conspiracy, not the act of a lone nut.

Yep, JFK threatened the Swamp. CIA not having any of that.

Present times it's not fashionable to assassinate sitting POTUS, that's why President Trump remains alive, though the Swamp is using different tools to assassinate him.

GOA
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I was 14 and in a high school class when the news came. It was pretty shocking and some of us speculated on what would happen going forward.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Actually, there is quite a lengthy thread about it that Richard jumped the gun and started on the 20th.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Thirteen and in Mrs. McClures, english class. We were sent home as soon as transportation was arranged.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Heym06
Thirteen and in Mrs. McClures, english class. We were sent home as soon as transportation was arranged.
I thought everyone walked back then. Both ways, even.

…I’ve been sold a bill of goods…..all this time

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I was a little kid over in England, we were of the Irish Catholic persuasion, my father had been in the Sixth Marines on Okinawa. The occasion of Kennedy’s death was the first time I ever saw him cry.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I weren’t around back in those days.

All i know about it was from the movie “Shooter”

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
There was a lengty thread a few days back.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Politician,.....played the wrong cards.

It happens.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
They don't ride in open cars now!

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
736 members (10gaugemag, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 16penny, 160user, 12344mag, 79 invisible), 2,711 guests, and 1,370 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,624
Posts18,398,651
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.