Print Thread
Hop To
Page 26 of 35 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 34 35
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by antlers
Did Jesus Himself make it crystal clear in His New Covenant that His followers are to love other’s as He has loved His followers…? Did He make it crystal clear in His New Covenant that *the* defining characteristic of His followers is that they love other’s as He has loved them…? Was this a command from Jesus Himself, or was it just a suggestion…?

Does cherry-picking a verse about a specific “abomination” from an old covenant (the Law of Moses) that is no longer in effect…and hasn’t been in effect for 2000 years, and that never ever applied to anyone other than the ancient Israelites to begin with…square up with Jesus’ New Covenant command above…?

If someone is prejudiced or bigoted or hates someone else for whatever reason...homosexuals in this instance…that's their business. Especially when they're honest enough to admit that that's what it is. At least they're honest about it. Others choose to weaponize cherry-picked old covenant Bible verses to justify their prejudice and bigotry and hatred of certain others...homosexuals in this instance…hidin' behind the shield of Christianity and doin' the exact opposite of what Jesus Himself did and taught.

Apostle John said that those who profess to be walking in the light…while hating others…are still in darkness themselves. Was Apostle John wrong about that…?

Nothing more pathetic & disgusting than a homosexual trying to twist & shred the bible in some psychotic attempt to sway opinion in IT's favor ....

Do you really think you are the first to attempt that ?

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Dp1975
25 pages ? WTF is wrong with some of you? A few homos got kilt ? Who gives a crap? Now they get their turn at the throne of judgment. They can explain their feelings about God and what he did or didn’t mean when he said homos was an abomination lol. Good luck with that.

What a Christian post! Luckily this God crap is on a steep decline grin

[Linked Image from pewresearch.org]

Last edited by Goosey; 11/23/22.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Goosey
Originally Posted by Dp1975
25 pages ? WTF is wrong with some of you? A few homos got kilt ? Who gives a crap? Now they get their turn at the throne of judgment. They can explain their feelings about God and what he did or didn’t mean when he said homos was an abomination lol. Good luck with that.

What a Christian post! Luckily this God crap is on a steep decline grin

[Linked Image from pewresearch.org]

Have a another % rating for ya ...

ALL you homosexuals have a morbid fear of disease ... given your lifestyle that exposes you to some of the deadliest diseases known to mankind ... You homos alway follow Doctors orders & get all the shots & take all the medicines to alleviate the symptoms of your infections you deal with daily ...

which means all you phags are 100% covid vaccinated ..... = Eradication under way .......

Pest control is a bitch isn't it ? Even the WEC can't stand you freaks

..[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
W
WMR Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Swamplord
Did Jesus Himself make it crystal clear in His New Covenant that His followers are to love other’s as He has loved His followers…? Did He make it crystal clear in His New Covenant that *the* defining characteristic of His followers is that they love other’s as He has loved them…? Was this a command from Jesus Himself, or was it just a suggestion…?

Does cherry-picking a verse about a specific “abomination” from an old covenant (the Law of Moses) that is no longer in effect…and hasn’t been in effect for 2000 years, and that never ever applied to anyone other than the ancient Israelites to begin with…square up with Jesus’ New Covenant command above…?

If someone is prejudiced or bigoted or hates someone else for whatever reason...homosexuals in this instance…that's their business. Especially when they're honest enough to admit that that's what it is. At least they're honest about it. Others choose to weaponize cherry-picked old covenant Bible verses to justify their prejudice and bigotry and hatred of certain others...homosexuals in this instance…hidin' behind the shield of Christianity and doin' the exact opposite of what Jesus Himself did and taught.

Apostle John said that those who profess to be walking in the light…while hating others…are still in darkness themselves. Was Apostle John wrong about that…?

Nothing more pathetic & disgusting than a homosexual trying to twist & shred the bible in some psychotic attempt to sway opinion in IT's favor ....

Do you really think you are the first to attempt that ?

Hmmm, sounds like maybe someone’s compensating for something 🤔. Actually, it may be that SL’s Bible somehow lacks the New Testament. Too bad, as Christ had some pretty specific instructions. Hatred and ignorance are not a good combination. Not go give up hope, Grace is never out of reach!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
One of the victims at that queer bar last name was "Rump". Seriously..

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

If you have access to a Bible, and I truly hope you do, read what Romans, chapter one has to say. In case you don’t know, Romans is in the New Testament, and therefore not some “old covenant .”

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Always the voice of reason, and you're good at it.

We ask, "forgive us our sins AS we forgive those that sin against us"

Does that translate into "in the way we forgive others"? or perhaps "forgive us exactly in the way we process our forgiveness toward others?

Which says to me: the only way we acquire forgiveness is by forgiving.... and the more completely and instantly the more so our transgressions are forgiven?

But there's me off on a tangent again... I blame antlers wink

.... like tears in the rain
Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook

Always the voice of reason, and you're good at it.

We ask, "forgive us our sins AS we forgive those that sin against us"

Does that translate into "in the way we forgive others"? or perhaps "forgive us exactly in the way we process our forgiveness toward others?

Which says to me: the only way we acquire forgiveness is by forgiving.... and the more completely and instantly the more so our transgressions are forgiven?

But there's me off on a tangent again... I blame antlers wink
Heres a question. So I keep reading some of you making a case for homos to have free rein because you believe the bible tells you to love others no matter what. Do you think God would have wanted all of you to sit back and love others while they drive our Nation straight into the depths of hell?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JamesJr
If you have access to a Bible, and I truly hope you do, read what Romans, chapter one has to say. In case you don’t know, Romans is in the New Testament, and therefore not some “old covenant .”
Romans. That is an interesting book or opinion piece. Read the first part of chapter 13, verses 1-7. He would have you submitting to the Catholic church, Stalin, Genghis Khan, Mao, Hitler, Obama, and Biden as your duty to God. It is speculated that the writer's "thorn" was homosexuality. In any case a weird dude to be quoting or resorting to as an authority.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That weren’t Paul’s thorn

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hastings
Romans. That is an interesting book or opinion piece. Read the first part of chapter 13, verses 1-7. He would have you submitting to the Catholic church, Stalin, Genghis Khan, Mao, Hitler, Obama, and Biden as your duty to God. It is speculated that the writer's "thorn" was homosexuality. In any case a weird dude to be quoting or resorting to as an authority.
I believe those particular verses you are referring to are not telling us to submit to any man, only to God. It does tell us that we are to follow the “customs” of the land, which I take to be the laws of the land, such as paying taxes as an example. The homosexuality that you refer to is nothing but an attempt to discredit the author and to try and legitimize homosexuality.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
There is no doubt in my mind we agree with the minor issue.

But the problem is, it's the natural progression of the issue that is the heart of what you are defending. They are not content to be left alone to live their life same as anyone else. That's been demonstrated exponentially here in the last decade.

Are there gays that want no part of the large movement that is seeking to overthrow western society? Of course! But they need to take charge and step up throttle this thing back, because they are getting painted with the same brush. And the paint is the blood of the innocent kids being sacrificed.

I'll say it again, the "right" to play dressup and bang a dude in the ass on the down square does not in any sane universe equate to the right to keep and bear arms.

False equivocation my friend.

I drew an inarguable parallel between two types of advocacy.

I support gay people having all of the rights and opportunities that the rest of us have. That includes the right to advocate for their cause. Each time I have mentioned that, someone has argued with me on the grounds of progression. Interestingly enough, if you listen to liberals, they say the same thing about gun owners. Gun owners want every man, woman and child, criminal, mentally ill, out on bail for murder or otherwise defective, to carry guns. They do that for the same reason it is being done here.

As you might guess, based on what I wrote earlier in this thread, I come in contact with gay people on a regular basis. NONE of them advocate for pedophilia, "playing dressup and banging dudes in the ass on the down square" or any of the other red herrings that have been bandied about in this discussion.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I believe those particular verses you are referring to are not telling us to submit to any man, only to God. It does tell us that we are to follow the “customs” of the land, which I take to be the laws of the land, such as paying taxes as an example. The homosexuality that you refer to is nothing but an attempt to discredit the author and to try and legitimize homosexuality.
If you will read Romans 13,1-7 there is no hidden meaning. The writer is telling you that God installed those earthly rulers of civil government and you are to obey as your duty to God. Read it for yourself and you will see it is an unambiguous command to obey the government.

As to the homosexuality, who knows? He was a weirdo when it came to women and marriage.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
MPat70 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jorgeI
One of the victims at that queer bar last name was "Rump". Seriously..
He got roasted!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Heres a question. So I keep reading some of you making a case for homos to have free rein because you believe the bible tells you to love others no matter what. Do you think God would have wanted all of you to sit back and love others while they drive our Nation straight into the depths of hell?

Good Morning Champ.
For my part, I am too "damaged" by living the life I lived and strayed so far from "The Word"
that I dont feel qualified to even suggest I know what it is God wants from me, for me , much less for everyone else ?
I fugk up. I have and do fugk up on such a continual and consistent basis that I cant imagine any creator wanting to have anything to do with me? Yet my existence is so much more blessed than I could have ever imagined for myself, Go Figure?

I appreciate that you are distressed for this country's future, we are side by side in that concern. I have grandkids who's happiness I am worried about.

I try and keep this in mind: God bats last.
Gods universe will be the universe that prevails at the end regardless of how many times Ive posted "NBN" ,or railed against government, or tied to convince everyone that the entire covid disaster was deliberate.

We are shown so much in the way of grace by our creator that I cant imagine him not expecting us to pay it forward.

At the end I have two choices, I can either trust God or not trust God. That came to me in one of my daily requests for my Creator to "please give me more faith". We will all find our way to one place or another.

I think you are likely a good man at heart, Take Care

.... like tears in the rain
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you will read Romans 13,1-7 there is no hidden meaning. The writer is telling you that God installed those earthly rulers of civil government and you are to obey as your duty to God. Read it for yourself and you will see it is an unambiguous command to obey the government.

As to the homosexuality, who knows? He was a weirdo when it came to women and marriage.
I don’t really like to argue the Bible and scripture because I think that it can be read and interpreted differently by people. I see it like this, we are to honor God first and man secondly. To me that means that it does not what Joe Biden thinks, as he is not going to get me to the place I hope to go when I leave this world. Only God can do that

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin
Turns out the perpetrator is one of them. From the official court documents:

The suspect in the shooting at Club Q, a Colorado Springs LGBTQ nightclub, is now identifying as non-binary, according to court filings filed Tuesday.

"Anderson Aldrich is non-binary. They use they/them pronouns, and for the purposes of all formal filings, will be addressed as Mx. Aldrich," a footnote in a court filing reads.

CBS News
see not even a psychopath Mass shooter wants to set foot in the queer bar. so it takes a queer to shoot up a queer bar... more proof of how mentally unstable they are...

Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

But the problem is, it's the natural progression of the issue that is the heart of what you are defending. They are not content to be left alone to live their life same as anyone else. That's been demonstrated exponentially here in the last decade.

Are there gays that want no part of the large movement that is seeking to overthrow western society? Of course! But they need to take charge and step up throttle this thing back, because they are getting painted with the same brush. And the paint is the blood of the innocent kids being sacrificed.

I'll say it again, the "right" to play dressup and bang a dude in the ass on the down square does not in any sane universe equate to the right to keep and bear arms.

I support gay people having all of the rights and opportunities that the rest of us have. That includes the right to advocate for their cause. Each time I have mentioned that, someone has argued with me on the grounds of progression. Interestingly enough, if you listen to liberals, they say the same thing about gun owners. Gun owners want every man, woman and child, criminal, mentally ill, out on bail for murder or otherwise defective, to carry guns. They do that for the same reason it is being done here.

As you might guess, based on what I wrote earlier in this thread, I come in contact with gay people on a regular basis. NONE of them advocate for pedophilia, "playing dressup and banging dudes in the ass on the down square" or any of the other red herrings that have been bandied about in this discussion.
So you are ok with gays adopting children? Also, I literally do not know one gun owner who is in favor of a criminal having gun rights

Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook

Good Morning Champ.
For my part, I am too "damaged" by living the life I lived and strayed so far from "The Word"
that I dont feel qualified to even suggest I know what it is God wants from me, for me , much less for everyone else ?
I fugk up. I have and do fugk up on such a continual and consistent basis that I cant imagine any creator wanting to have anything to do with me? Yet my existence is so much more blessed than I could have ever imagined for myself, Go Figure?

I appreciate that you are distressed for this country's future, we are side by side in that concern. I have grandkids who's happiness I am worried about.

I try and keep this in mind: God bats last.
Gods universe will be the universe that prevails at the end regardless of how many times Ive posted "NBN" ,or railed against government, or tied to convince everyone that the entire covid disaster was deliberate.

We are shown so much in the way of grace by our creator that I cant imagine him not expecting us to pay it forward.

At the end I have two choices, I can either trust God or not trust God. That came to me in one of my daily requests for my Creator to "please give me more faith". We will all find our way to one place or another.

I think you are likely a good man at heart, Take Care
Thank you for posting. Well thought out answer. In the end, you nailed whats bothering me. The future of this country. My daughters future. Ive watched us fly down the slippery slope to where we are currently laying. Its bad. If this is progress, I want fugg all to do with it. To further your point as well, I'm also a deeply flawed individual and do NOT take a godly high ground over others. I just look at whats right and wrong and base my decision off this. I have a hard time believing that most on this site are happy with the way things are going in this country. Some may place the blame in other spots, but unless something drastically changes, we are heading for complete destruction IMO

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

So you are ok with gays adopting children? Also, I literally do not know one gun owner who is in favor of a criminal having gun rights

There are two parts to your response.

Yes, I support gays rights to adopt. I don't like it. My default mindset is that children need a male and female mother and father figure to properly socially and emotionally adjust. I don't mind challenging my beliefs as open-mindedly as I possibly can. Here's where that quest to challenge my beliefs lands me. https://whatweknow.inequality.corne...of-children-with-gay-or-lesbian-parents/

There have been numerous conversations here where people have spoken out in favor of felons regaining their right to keep and bear arms. But that's not the point. The point is that the opposition resorts to red herring extremes to muddy the issue.

Page 26 of 35 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 34 35

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

692 members (10gaugemag, 117LBS, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 70 invisible), 2,845 guests, and 1,181 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,155
Posts18,465,109
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.