Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
2ndwind Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
"It scared the Hell out of everybody else in the grocery store...". cool

From the comments section on WH talking points about how to speak with your MAGA relatives (if you must) at Thanksgiving gatherings....

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...leftist-talking-points-defend-joe-biden/

Please don't feed the trolls!
GB1

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Back when we had a fall turkey season, I was squirrel hunting with my 20 gauge and heard turkeys coming. I hid behind a tree and shot one with a beard swinging. Turns out it was a bearded hen. I plucked it and roasted for Thanksgiving. It was so tough we couldn't eat it. Through it on the ditchbank and it was too tough for the.neighborhood cats to eat.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
you don't cook it like a farm bird...

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers
2ndwind Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A neighbor gave us a wild turkey a few years ago. We breasted it out then cut that into strips which we used a meat hammer on. Breaded and fried the strips then made a stock from the rest of the bird.

I would have put way more effort into turkey hunting over the years if we had used this method first.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. One of the things I'm thankful for this year is I'm not traveling to see my wife's extended family where one of her crazy old Leftist aunts shows up and talks incessantly. We got a pair of Great Pyrenees puppies a few weeks ago. I'm staying home with "the boys" so she can spend as much time with her elderly mom as she likes without the pups being lock up.

I'll take the boys out to sit in the woods for awhile later today and see if a deer walks by... I'll be racking up "thoughtful husband points" while avoiding being trapped at the table with a crazy old woman at the same time.... cool

Please don't feed the trolls!
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
A neighbor gave us a wild turkey a few years ago. We breasted it out then cut that into strips which we used a meat hammer on. Breaded and fried the strips then made a stock from the rest of the bird.

I would have put way more effort into turkey hunting over the years if we had used this method first.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. One of the things I'm thankful for this year is I'm not traveling to see my wife's extended family where one of her crazy old Leftist aunts shows up and talks incessantly. We got a pair of Great Pyrenees puppies a few weeks ago. I'm staying home with "the boys" so she can spend as much time with her elderly mom as she likes without the pups being lock up.

I'll take the boys out to sit in the woods for awhile later today and see if a deer walks by... I'll be racking up "thoughtful husband points" while avoiding being trapped at the table with a crazy old woman at the same time.... cool

Text the aunt you bought a couple of puppies so you could stay home and clean up dog schiett rather than go there and hear her BS

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Shot a big Tom this fall season, and will have grilled WT breast for Thanksgiving dinner today.

My recipe is simple:
1/2 turkey breast, marinate with honey mustard dressing overnight.
Put on grill at 350 degrees, cook to 165-170 degrees temperature
Take off grill, let meat 'rest' for 5 minutes before serving.

This always results in turkey that is tender, and with some actual flavor, unlike store bought turkey. The honey mustard dressing cooks to a glaze that keeps the meat from drying out.
For just my wife and I, this makes for at least two meals. For 6-8 people, the whole turkey breast feeds everyone well.
This year makes the 8th season of having a wild turkey for Thanksgiving- hope to keep the tradition alive, as long as the turkeys cooperate!

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Bone them out, season it and fry them in strips. Even they old Toms are good that way.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I thought you just grind them and make Sausage but what do i know

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BlueDuck
Bone them out, season it and fry them in strips. Even they old Toms are good that way.
This

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123
Originally Posted by BlueDuck
This
Same.

Rolled in Italian bread crumbs. Basically pan fried chicken fingers.

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (11point, 007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 54 invisible), 2,952 guests, and 1,230 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,354
Posts18,468,882
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.