Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
F
fburgtx Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
F
Stopped by the Academy, today. Got them to price match a game cam that I use for “security purposes”, that Azz Pro had cheaper.

Figure, what the heck, I’ll buzz through the ammo section, and see what they have.

Couple of 60+ year-old guys, there, eyes glazed over, staring at the ammo. One of them picks up a box of 12 ga buckshot. Just HAS to open the danged thing, as if there’s ANY meaningful info to be gathered by actually holding the thing in their hand.

Minute or two later, one of them is opening up a box of FMJ pistol ammo. Honestly, what in the HELL do you learn by opening up a box of FMJ ammo?? Unless you think it’s some of that goofy truncated cone .40 (this wasn’t .40)?? Who the hell doesn’t know what FMJ ammo looks like??

No wonder gun stores put it behind the counter....

BP-B2

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
And lots of people dump it in their pocket once they open it too...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They VarmintFingered it! laugh

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
F
fburgtx Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
And lots of people dump it in their pocket once they open it too...

Wouldn’t doubt it. I can understand opening a box, if you think it’s been tampered with, but hell, these are sealed boxes (usually with a sticker). They just open them, like a buncha retards.

“Gotta get me a couple a boxes for my Taurus!!”

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I like to check see what the nose of the bullet tip looks like.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Us 60+ year olds like looking at the goods before we buy ... especially shiney things that go bang.

It's headstamp intrigue, cartridge coveting, nose noodlin'.

What you think about, you do ... what you do, you become.
In a nation where anything goes ... eventually, everything will. We're almost there.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I used to do that, when I was 10 or so. I would ride my bike to the drug store (remember when they sold ammo?) and open almost every box of obscure ammo and check out a cartridge. I remember how odd the 6.5 Jap cartridge looked to a boy only familiar with 30-30 rounds. The old man owner kept an eye on me but never said a word. He must have been a curious boy too when he was young.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
They VarmintFingered it! laugh
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
If I'm going to buy it, I'll open it and check to be sure that all the cartridges are in there and they are of the proper caliber. I have seen boxes in stores, where the customer has access to the ammo, with mixed shells in there. I've seen 243 Winchester in 308 boxes and 270 in 30/06. Better to be safe. Some of us 60+ guys have reasons for doing what we do...

Harry
F
fburgtx Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by Mathsr
If I'm going to buy it, I'll open it and check to be sure that all the cartridges are in there and they are of the proper caliber. I have seen boxes in stores, where the customer has access to the ammo, with mixed shells in there. I've seen 243 Winchester in 308 boxes and 270 in 30/06. Better to be safe. Some of us 60+ guys have reasons for doing what we do...

Ammofingerphuquer.....

No, I’m talking about SEALED (Academy puts special stickers on most of their ammo, sealing them shut). These guys will browse back and forth, open boxes, put ‘em back. It’s like opening a sealed box of Cocoa Pebbles, as if you gotta know what Cocoa Pebbles look like. Folks think they accidentally put Fruity Pebbles in there???

IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
They put ammo behind glass here. I asked why and one of the associates said it was common practice for low lifes to take the $60+/box bullets and swap them out with the $20/blue box specials. Caliber was unimportant as long as they could fit them in the box. The girls at the registers didn't know to look and guys were getting really pissed paying $60 for $20 ammo that didn't fit their rifles and a "no return" policy on all ammo. I made it a habit to check before I lay the cash down after hearing that.

The chances they come, and the chances they go.
But the time. You don't get that back.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Nearly every gunshow retard that comes by our tables has to open ammo boxes. Some of them will open every box on the table, don't buy anything just walk away. My favorites are the clowns that use their pocket knife to open the boxes, could care less if they damage the box or not. Personification of "an idle mind is the devil's workshop" !

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Nearly every gunshow retard that comes by our tables has to open ammo boxes. Some of them will open every box on the table, don't buy anything just walk away. My favorites are the clowns that use their pocket knife to open the boxes, could care less if they damage the box or not. Personification of "an idle mind is the devil's workshop" !
If that's the case , it's more retarded you don't take it out of the box every morning .

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The first time you buy a "new box" of ammo and find mixed brass reloads in it when you get home you will start looking in the boxes too. I make the cashier open every box for my inspection before I pay for it anymore.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke 1795

"Give me liberty or give me death"
Patrick Henry 1775
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
What this whole "price match" bullshit?

Do they have a price match guarantee?

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Learning here.
Haven't bought rifle ammo in a long time.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
They use to look at me funny in the drugstore when I tried on rubbers.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

They don’t do that at Maude and Claude’s ??😃

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I always do. But then I always peek under the covers before bangin the ol’ lady.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Yes. They do.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
659 members (1lessdog, 2500HD, 257 mag, 17CalFan, 22magnut, 10gaugemag, 71 invisible), 2,763 guests, and 1,304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,648
Posts18,399,108
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.