Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
gnoahh,

Apparently you haven't yet read my recent article in Handloader on the .350 Legend--which describes an inexpensive and simple way to vastly increase the selection of bullets usable in the .350....
MD, In what issue was that article? I normally don't miss your articles but this one doesn't ring a bell with me.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
BP-B6

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
It’s all in the name.

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
gnoahh,

Apparently you haven't yet read my recent article in Handloader on the .350 Legend--which describes an inexpensive and simple way to vastly increase the selection of bullets usable in the .350....
MD, In what issue was that article? I normally don't miss your articles but this one doesn't ring a bell with me.

Resizing jacketed bullets through a Lee Bullet Die I imagine. My buddy has been doing it with a lot of .358 bullets.

K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
I want to find that article by John. Does anyone know which issue of Handloader the article is in?

“Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person”
-Fred Bear
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Easy.

Mule Deer calls them Churners.

They read or watch hunting shows. And fall in love through the endless ads.
Especially since hunting shows are nothing but an ad.

Local guy went moose hunting with Jim Shockey.
Got a call asking if he wanted to be on the show, Bobby loves attention and immediately agreed.

Then he got the list.
Rifle, scope, ammo. Down to the round being promoted and the bullet choice in the Federal ammo. For the show's promotion, all bought at full
retail cost. No deals or compensation. (Killed a dandy moose, but was disappointed. Thought he was hunting with Shockey, never saw him)

Daughters boyfriend was interested in the 350, from TV and the guys at the LGS.

He ask me and I called it a POS. "It's made for ARs and straight wall states. We cant use ARs and arent cartridge limited."

He bought into the "effectiveness".

"Come on Nate? It is a 30-30 or 35 by another name. Fine rounds, nothing
spectacular. Whats the point in a rifle that could be a 308 or 358?"

Daughter told me he had been going to buy one.

Last week.
"What do you think of the 224 Valkyrie?"

"Same as the 350. Designed for high velocity in an AR. Good twist for
heavy bullets." No point for it in a bolt gun. 1/8 22-250 in a Tikka kills it in a bolt gun."

Daughter later tells me he had a CZ on layaway in 224.

Feel bad hammering his choices. But he better learn to not ask my opinion if he don't want it.

53 years old.
Been reading every gun thing I could get hands on since grade school.
Well remember the 30-30/35Rem are dead days.
No one hunted with them. No serious hunters anyway.
Went through the magnum craze.
Ultra Magnum craze.

Now, you get the warm moist breeze up your exit hole. Pushing all these
rounds that are lucky to equal the paper numbers of rounds considered
obsolete 35 years ago.

Limited to straight wall rounds, I might buy a 350.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
It's nice to have .355 rifle bullet options for the 9mm Win Mag handguns.

Tony

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Run it up, until you blow it up, then back it down a bit.
M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Originally Posted by taylorce1
gnoahh,

Resizing jacketed bullets through a Lee Bullet Die I imagine. My buddy has been doing it with a lot of .358 bullets.

You guessed it! Works slickly and easily....

The HL issue is the latest, which may not have arrived yet for paper-copy subscribers.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by kandpand
“Rifle Loony”

That is why I have a 350 Legend. I wanted one. Just to try something else.

Yep, same here. I already had bullet molds for 9mm and 38 special along with lots of bullets. Brass is cheap with small primer pockets (I have a lot of small primers, pistol and rifle). Can be shot in AR platform but I have a bolt gun. It’s a 357 maximum on caffeine and a fun gun to shoot. Also a better kids first deer rifle than the 30-30s many kids got in the past. I know levers are safer now but imagine how many accidental discharges there was when small, cold hands were dropping the hammer on their lever gun they’ve only shot 3 or 4 times..

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by taylorce1
gnoahh,

You guessed it! Works slickly and easily....

The HL issue is the latest, which may not have arrived yet for paper-copy subscribers.

My buddy has been doing this for years with his .400 Whelen, so it was only natural when he started messing with the .350 Legend. I think one of his favorites is the 180 grain Speer HC.

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I thought business was to make money?

If trying to convince the world what they “should” use become a writer.

Just .02

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Easy.

Got a call asking if he wanted to be on the show, Bobby loves attention and immediately agreed.

Then he got the list.
Rifle, scope, ammo. Down to the round being promoted and the bullet choice in the Federal ammo. For the show's promotion, all bought at full
retail cost. No deals or compensation. (Killed a dandy moose, but was disappointed. Thought he was hunting with Shockey, never saw him)

He ask me and I called it a POS. "It's made for ARs and straight wall states. We cant use ARs and arent cartridge limited."

Last week.

heavy bullets." No point for it in a bolt gun. 1/8 22-250 in a Tikka kills it in a bolt gun."

Feel bad hammering his choices. But he better learn to not ask my opinion if he don't want it.

53 years old.
Ultra Magnum craze.

obsolete 35 years ago.

You must own a 30-06 and nothing else… :-) I get what you’re saying. I read all the drivel, watched the Youtube videos, this cartridge of the year is the best killing machine since smokeless powder was invented. Probably has limited some of the other 500 calibers that can be bought but hey, it’s keeping the gun industry strong! I bought one because I wanted a cheap to reload cast bullet plinker in .35 caliber. Got one last Christmas time, got over 500 rounds through it already and I didn’t shoot at all for 3.5 months this summer. Got 45 rounds to test with 200gr cast next time I’m at the bench. Lot’s of fun to shoot and doesn’t beat the crap out of me.

My handle, 450BM… I bought one because… I wanted a 44 magnum rifle and bought a Remlin 1894 in the caliber but couldn’t get it to shoot anything at 50 yards that didn’t look like a shotgun pattern. Got sick of it after about 600 rounds and sold it. I thought the 450 BushMaster would fill the need for a large bore magnum type pistol cartridge in a rifle so I ordered a CVA Cascade. Still would have rather had a 44mag (a Rem 788 would have been beautiful but they’re like unicorns) because of all the components and a Dillon progressive setup to load for it. Well, the 450BM ain’t no 44 (43) magnum, it’s a hell of a lot more but has been as equally fun to load for as the 350 Legend. And yes, it does shoot better, lots better than the Remlin.
And the 450bm also uses the small primers I have so many of.

57 years old
Been reloading since I was 12. Couldn’t afford to buy all the factory ammo to fit my shooting habit.
Never had a 30/30/35 Rem anything. Wouldn’t mind a 30/30 now for cast loads, someday…
When I was kid, everyone who was anyone (but me) had a 30-06 and the real big dogs had 7mm Magnums!
Only “magnum” I own is a 300wsm in a Browning A-bolt. I hate recoil and this gun kicks hard. It’s only been shot about 100 times since 2002.
No ultra magnums for me, be way too hard on my eyes and my 3 vertebrae fused neck.
Good to meet ya!

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Ringworm,
It’s really simple. White people, on average, are stupid as Fugk and very easily manipulated by clever marketing campaigns. Herd mentality. Sheep.
Critical thinking skills are not a strong point with your average cracker.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bugger
Nothing wrong with the 350 Remington Magnum. Pretty deadly on most things in South Carolina I suspect.
Ammo is everywhere too.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Easy.

Then he got the list.

Last week.

53 years old.
Ultra Magnum craze.

obsolete 35 years ago.

What's the reasoning behind not being able to use an AR??

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
D
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
D
I bought a Ruger Ranch in 350L for a few reasons:

1. I wanted a low recoil rifle for newbies/youths to enjoy shooting and be able to deer hunt with if they wanted. (So far my kids only like to fly fish, but they’re still young, and I have a nephew who’s interested)

2. Ammo availability. I love the 30-30 & the 35 REM. But 30-30 ammunition is sometimes available and 35 never is. I think the Ruger American Ranch in 300 BLK would have been ok for my purposes, and ammo is available for it, but the gun store didn’t have a 300 when I purchased the 350L. Likewise for the 6.5 Grendal.

3. I might go to Ohio to hunt sometime

4. The cartridge looks cool and I thought it would make a nice woods rifle for 100 yard shots

5. I wanted a Ruger American

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
taylorforce,

The 180 Speer Hot-Cor was the primary reason I decided on sizing .35 bullets down for the ".350" Legend. It works great on deer at those velocities....

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Deere_Man
I bought a Ruger Ranch in 350L for a few reasons:

1. I wanted a low recoil rifle for newbies/youths to enjoy shooting and be able to deer hunt with if they wanted. (So far my kids only like to fly fish, but they’re still young, and I have a nephew who’s interested)

2. Ammo availability. I love the 30-30 & the 35 REM. But 30-30 ammunition is sometimes available and 35 never is. I think the Ruger American Ranch in 300 BLK would have been ok for my purposes, and ammo is available for it, but the gun store didn’t have a 300 when I purchased the 350L. Likewise for the 6.5 Grendal.

3. I might go to Ohio to hunt sometime

4. The cartridge looks cool and I thought it would make a nice woods rifle for 100 yard shots

5. I wanted a Ruger American
Yeah I passed up a nice Remington 141 for a fair price recently because I was unable to find 35 Rem ammo anywhere

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 450BM
“Rifle Loony”

Yep, same here. I already had bullet molds for 9mm and 38 special along with lots of bullets. Brass is cheap with small primer pockets (I have a lot of small primers, pistol and rifle). Can be shot in AR platform but I have a bolt gun. It’s a 357 maximum on caffeine and a fun gun to shoot. Also a better kids first deer rifle than the 30-30s many kids got in the past. I know levers are safer now but imagine how many accidental discharges there was when small, cold hands were dropping the hammer on their lever gun they’ve only shot 3 or 4 times..

I agree that rifles with exposed hammers are potentially dangerous in the hands of inexperienced or inattentive people, particularly the older rifles with a half-cock safety notch, but wouldn't it also be irresponsible for a parent to put a loaded firearm of any style into the hands of a child without first teaching the child how to use it safely?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No semi rifles to hunt deer.
Untill a couple years ago shotguns were the only semis legal,
And with slugs only in slug only areas.

Now small game and predators can be hunted with a semi rifle.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by 450BM
“Rifle Loony”

I agree that rifles with exposed hammers are potentially dangerous in the hands of inexperienced or inattentive people, particularly the older rifles with a half-cock safety notch, but wouldn't it also be irresponsible for a parent to put a loaded firearm of any style into the hands of a child without first teaching the child how to use it safely?

It absolutely is irresponsible. What makes you think all parents are responsible?

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
841 members (1234, 12344mag, 12308300, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 007FJ, 80 invisible), 3,242 guests, and 1,332 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,712
Posts18,400,249
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.