Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
H
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
Midway sent me an Email, as I requested, stating that they had the 9 mm. Rim fire Fiocchi (Flobert), Ammo in stock!

This is the Flobert style ammo that Shoots in the Winchester model 36, Garden Gun!

50 rounds for $54.99, #6, #8, and #9, Shot Sizes!

Last edited by HunterShooter58; 08/15/21.

I Learned a long time ago to Separate My Want's from My Needs!

A man's Gotta Do What a Man's Gotta Do!

Know Thy Self!

TRUMP DID WIN!!!
GB1

H
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
Ordered Mine!

Know Thy Self!

TRUMP DID WIN!!!
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
There are also many European 9mms out there--it was very popular until recently for killing garden pests and for hunting birds that are protected here.

I met a party of hunters while hiking in Sardinia a few years ago who were hunting for "tordos". I was mystified by the word until I remembered that "tordo" in Spanish means "thrush." Looked in a couple of game bags and saw birds that looked like black robins but a little larger, and remembered my Italian-American neighbors scandalizing us Anglo ranchers by shooting robins in the spring when they returned from wherever (it was illegal even in the '50s).

Turns out that Italians of all areas are used to shooting songbirds and making them into (I'm sure delicious!) meat sauces for pastas and risottos, especially for stuffing ravioli. These guys mainly had single shot folding shotguns like Beretta used to market in the US, but in 9mmRF instead of our usual guages (I once had a Beretta "folding" .410--it actually kicked with 3" shells). One guy had a nice Spanish double, also "folding," and another had a semi-auto made by Bernardelli. All 9mms. Some carried extra shells loaded with a single round ball for shooting hares and foxes, too.

I've read that most songbird shooting is now illegal in Italy. (But then, it's Italy.....).

Last edited by Mesa; 08/15/21.

Was Mike Armstrong. Got logged off; couldn't log back on. RE-registered my old call sign, Mesa.
FNG. Again.
Mike Armstrong
H
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
Pretty Interesting!

Thanks for adding that Mike!

Know Thy Self!

TRUMP DID WIN!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Used to work with an old timer who told of eating robins. I’d imagine they be kinda “earthy” tasting, like woodcock, or fresh beets.

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B2

V
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
V
I have a Voere garden gun in 9mm Flobert. It's great for shooting pigeons inside the barn. Quiet and no damage. It's got a 26" smoothbore barrel with excellent open sights and will take out any small game out to about 50 yards. Crows, magpies, squirrels, ferrel cats, rabbits, and skunks have all been dispatched out of the back yard. Handy if you have neighbors close by and don't want to disturb them.

Attached Images
flobert.jpg (43.34 KB, 132 downloads)
Last edited by vmax204; 11/23/22.

I thought growing old would take longer.
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I have a gun like you have but from Anschütz. The days are over when the gun could be used in now overcrowded Germany in your own backyard. Even an air rifle is illegal to shoot in your garden unless you can asure that the bullets can't leave the premisses. The 9 mm Flobert guns can only be purchased with a licence.

Elmer Keith
H
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
Been shootin the old Girl and dustin Some feathers off a few varmint Birds that won't take a hint at leaving.

I won! Their Gone!

Garden Gun 9mm Flobert round Fiocchi style!!!

HS 58

Know Thy Self!

TRUMP DID WIN!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Vmax24 and HS-58…

What shot size are you using?
I have a nice Winchester 36 I keep forgetting I own and haven’t ever used to hunt with. It’s time to buy some ammo and give it legs again.
Thanks

H
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
I like the #9 shot Fiocchi! Midway U.S.A.

But I shoot all the ones that I can get. #6,#7 1/2, 8, 9

Gonna try to stock up on some more.

HS 58

Know Thy Self!

TRUMP DID WIN!!!
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks HS

I think I’ll get some 6 & 9 and see what happens!

Thanks

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Good to hear that ammo is still available. I bought some from Midway a few months ago for a side by side 22lr/9mm Flobert that I found at Amoskeag Auctions. It’s a very dainty little German hammer gun. The 9mm Flobert is definitely for short range use. If I recall correctly, the quarter ounce of shot has a mv of about 800 fps. Mine patterned reasonably well at about 50 feet and was about centered on the 22lr poi.

H
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
That sounds about right eblake. Good deal. I saw that Flobert at Amoskeag and was thinking along the same lines as you. Didn't need another 9 mm so I perused on.
Congrats.

HS 58

Know Thy Self!

TRUMP DID WIN!!!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

710 members (007FJ, 01Foreman400, 163dm, 160user, 19rabbit52, 16Racing, 69 invisible), 3,122 guests, and 1,356 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,581
Posts18,454,147
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.