Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by irfubar
I am a fisherman. A boat to me is about fishing first, pleasure second.
The problem is I love all fishing, trout, salmon, bass, walleye, rockfish, lingcod, crappie, perch etc....
Rivers , lakes , streams, reservoirs, ocean etc.... well in theory this would require 4 or 5 different boats. And that is the path I was heading down.
Finally I came to my senses and decided to stop the insanity.
Sold all my boats, and at I profit I may add. And bought this boat to do it all.
It's a heavy gauge welded aluminum , with a jet pump outboard with tiller steering. It has a Minnkota Terranova bow mount electric wit auto pilot, spotlock and cruise control.
No gas kicker this time. I use two Lifepro lithium batteries to power it and can troll for several days at 1.5 to 2mph.
The jet allows me to power up rivers in 4" water. The 10 degree V with good freeboard allows me to use it on large reservoirs such as Ft Peck. The light weight allows me to launch on small lakes with unimproved ramps.
It's not perfect for everything but it is damn good!!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Very Nice Brither irfubar!

For the type of fishing I do two boats are a must, one for lakes and rivers and one for the Pacific ocean. Where I fish in the Pacific, if you go in the drink you are dead in about 15 minutes from exposure!

KB

Last edited by KillerBee; 11/22/22.

KB

GB2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Brother Bee... I understand. Unfortunately my ocean fishing is limited due to my susceptibility to sea sickness .... frown

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In the interest of full disclosure.... I have another boat I can't seem to part with as I built it myself and it serves a very useful nitch where I live....

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Brother Bee... I understand. Unfortunately my ocean fishing is limited due to my susceptibility to sea sickness .... frown

I brought a friend with me once who was an accomplished Tournament Walleye Fisherman, asked him if he suffered from sea sickness, he said "NO" and told me he was fishing in Mexico and everyone got sick and he laughed his guts out, at them" "Good enough" I responded.

First Morning out he puked his guts out and spent the entire morning in the galley in bed! It was a super great day of fishing, must have caught about 30 salmon, while he was in bed unable to fish, Was not even a rough day! LMF-GUTS-O! hehehehe

BKB :o)

KB

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KillerBee

I brought a friend with me once who was an accomplished Tournament Walleye Fisherman, asked him is he suffered from sea sickness, he said "NO" and told me he was fishing in Mexico and everyone got sick and he laughed his guts out, at them" "Good enough" I responded.

First Morning out he puked his guts out and spent the entire morning in the galley in bed! It was a super great day of fishing, must have caught about 30 salmon, while he was in bed unable to fish, LMF-GUTS-O! hehehehe

BKB :o)

It's a fickle mistress, I have fished the gulf of Alaska, off the Oregon and Calif. coast for tuna, SW Alaska, B.C. etc.... and if the swells are large I am toast

IC B2

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
In the interest of full disclosure.... I have another boat I can't seem to part with as I built it myself and it serves a very useful nitch where I live....

Beautiful boat.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

NICE BOAT Brother ifubar!!!

KB

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by pal

Beautiful boat.

Thanks guys.... I'm a boat whore .... I admit it.. smile

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by pal

Beautiful boat.

Thanks guys.... I'm a boat whore .... I admit it.. smile

A prettier whore, there never was!

KB

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle
Originally Posted by boatboy
I agree with the previous that many boats had held their value
Mainly the ones that people want to buy today

There are some other boats that have not because the trend is away from what they have
But solid fish boat with 4 strokes are a winner when it comes to resale

Calvin that is a beauty we are starting to see some of those around here I fished off one this summer really awesome boat

Hank

There are a lot of components that make one brand more desirable than others. Some brands have transom problems, some have bad welds, some have poorly sealed rivets, etc. I would also research how a dealer rigs a boat. A hot boat can cause all sorts of problems too.

By hot boat, do you mean one that's not properly grounded and suffers from electrolysis?

Yes. I had a poorly grounded aluminum boat that would have had problems if it weren’t for me noticing the zincs were corroding fast (according to the dealer when I asked WTF).

People say it actually repels fish as well.

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
...I'm a boat whore .... I admit it.. smile

Me too. smile

3 fishing boats I've owned and rebuilt (last one still a work in progress). But small boats are the most fun.

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

There are some other boats that have not because the trend is away from what they have

Calvin that is a beauty we are starting to see some of those around here I fished off one this summer really awesome boat

Hank

There are a lot of components that make one brand more desirable than others. Some brands have transom problems, some have bad welds, some have poorly sealed rivets, etc. I would also research how a dealer rigs a boat. A hot boat can cause all sorts of problems too.

By hot boat, do you mean one that's not properly grounded and suffers from electrolysis?

Yes. I had a poorly grounded aluminum boat that would have had problems if it weren’t for me noticing the zincs were corroding fast (according to the dealer when I asked WTF).

Just what every fisherman needs, a boat that repels fish, right? lol

You must have been quite upset!

KB

KB

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Ha, ha Mate, my current 3 would fit into your first 1 !

12' Naden, 9.9hp merc 2 stroke - pot hole lake with bad access
14' Lund deep & wide, 25hp Honda 4 stroke - anywhere with trailer access
17' Lund Pike, 50hp Merc 2 stroke + bow mount Minn Kota 55lb - anywhere with trailer access (more room & comfort).

P.S. - My comment about "what are these walleye", may have been, ever so slightly, tongue in cheek !

wink

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Ha, ha Mate, my current 3 would fit into your first 1 !...

Yeah, these are for a different type of fishing. When I replaced the fuel tanks (970-gallons) on the second one pictured, I found a marlin bill sticking through the hull!

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G

Hank

KB

It’s part of the reason I use braided downrigger cable and rubber bungee connectors to the downrigger balls.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

Hank

KB

It’s part of the reason I use braided downrigger cable and rubber bungee connectors to the downrigger balls.

Stealth is always the best approach when it comes to hunting and fishing IMO :o)

KB

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Koffler Baybee for ocean and lakes

Inflatable jet boat for rivers and lakes

Inflatable Kayak for trout fishing inflate it when we get there, or thow it on top of the rack on the Koffler

Last edited by kk alaska; 11/23/22.

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Drift boat for lakes and rivers they are made for fishing

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Certainly two schools of thoughts on what a walleye boat should look like. We have outstanding walleye fishing out in the estuarys out of Lake Michigan, but it is so much like trolling for salmon with the big boats, down riggers and big water. I've gone the other way and caught thousands of walleyes in Canada mostly using a 14 or 16' Lund aluminum boat with a 10-15 hp outboard. A buddy of mine fished the walleye tournaments up north and he knew the river system so well that he was always in the money using his 15' Grumman Sport Canoe. He tells about nearly being swamped by the big boats going by on their way out to fish the way bigger water. My buddy's son did buy a big Hewes boat that he found in Ohio, but my buddy is right now in the process of refurbishing an S16 Lund with a Honda four stroke for his walleye boat. That tells me what his preferred method of fishing walleyes would be. Mine too.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
660 members (1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 17Fan, 09wingates, 73 invisible), 2,679 guests, and 1,214 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,608
Posts18,398,386
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.