Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 22 1 2 3 4 21 22
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
We need a program or campaign to educate those ignorant of current gun laws. I had discussions with a co worker starting about a year ago who was telling me he heard automatic machine gun fire in the distance in the woods near his home where there is a spot where locals have built an informal range and have shot their guns for years. He tells me AR type semi automatic machine guns need to be banned, nobody needs a machine gun to shoot a deer. When I told him machine guns have been banned for probably 90 years he said bullshit, I seen them guys more than once with their AR's out there. In his mind any black gun is a machine gun.

I educated him on the differences, still thought I was bs'ing him. Told him if it actually was a machine gun he was hearing that the new gun bans will not stop someone from using them. He says if they are banned how will they get them, I repeated that they are currently banned and have been and that if these 'guys' have machine guns they will not turn them in and these guns are coming into Canada illegally, just like drugs and every other thing that is illegally smuggled in or clandestinely manufactured for the black market. It will not stop with a ban but will only increase as that is what prohibition does with anything ever prohibited and always has. The rules only apply to honest people not criminals and gangs.

Anyway our discussions went on for a while and you could tell it made him mad but some of it was starting to sink in after many discussions. He's the typical uneducated left wing liberal fear mongered victim. We have had many discussions since and his attitude is changing and one day he said yah, the gun laws are a waste of time and money which could be better spent on cracking down on the illegal market and locking criminals up'.

Education is the key to beating this these felonious gun grabs by the left and we somehow have to open the eyes and crack the minds of the thoughtless who have had the wool pulled over their eyes and simply believe a gun ban will fix the problem.

I asked him what he thought about the local Canadian Tire putting hunting knives in a locked display cabinet. He thought it was probably a good idea, might keep some meth head from grabbing one and harming someone else. I then asked him what he thought about the kitchen and butcher knives in the kitchen ware section 2 isles over on open display that anyone could grab, even a 3 year old, he looked at me funny but you could see the light go on in his eyes. Told him it's kind of like guns, some are demonized and others are not, you could see the rusty seized cogs start to turn in his head, but they don't like to admit it.

The general public opposing guns need to be educated, a lot of people supporting or indifferent to the bans only do so because they've only heard one side of the story for decades. It has been ingrained in their minds without question. When they are exposed to a reasonable and undeniable view of the other side of the argument they are opposed to hearing it simply because people don't like being told they are wrong. Somehow we have to get through to these people, they aren't stupid but their ignorance is overwhelming. Writing letters to politicians is a waste of time, they are dedicated only to what gives them the most votes. We have to tap into the voter pool, educate, open their minds to the stupidity of these bans. Only then will the politicians pay attention.

GB1

O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
"Men Liberals occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."

- Winston Churchill

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I just sent this to all the AB senators. Doubt it'll have any effect, but it's worth the couple of minutes it took to write. Feel free to repurpose if you have a use for it.

"Dear Senator ______,

I am writing to you as a citizen of Canada and a resident of Alberta. Recently, it has been proposed that Bill C-21 include language which would legislate the banning of a large category of firearms from citizen ownership, including most semi-automatic firearms which are currently owned and used legally by millions of Canadians. The body of evidence, as well as law-enforcement expert opinion, both strongly suggest that such an action will not have a meaningful impact on violent crime in Canada, and what is worse, such an action reduces the ability of the citizenry of Canada to provide for itself and protect itself from criminal and tyrannical attacks. Canada was founded on the idea of a free, democratic society in which liberty and safety should be enjoyed by all law-abiding citizens. The bill in question would do little to nothing to ensure such safety, while substantially eroding the liberty of law-abiding Canadian citizens.

I strongly oppose Bill C-21 in its entirety, and urge you to do all within your power to prevent it from being enshrined in Canadian law."

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
I just sent this to all the AB senators. Doubt it'll have any effect, but it's worth the couple of minutes it took to write. Feel free to repurpose if you have a use for it.

"Dear Senator ______,

I am writing to you as a citizen of Canada and a resident of Alberta. Recently, it has been proposed that Bill C-21 include language which would legislate the banning of a large category of firearms from citizen ownership, including most semi-automatic firearms which are currently owned and used legally by millions of Canadians. The body of evidence, as well as law-enforcement expert opinion, both strongly suggest that such an action will not have a meaningful impact on violent crime in Canada, and what is worse, such an action reduces the ability of the citizenry of Canada to provide for itself and protect itself from criminal and tyrannical attacks. Canada was founded on the idea of a free, democratic society in which liberty and safety should be enjoyed by all law-abiding citizens. The bill in question would do little to nothing to ensure such safety, while substantially eroding the liberty of law-abiding Canadian citizens.

I strongly oppose Bill C-21 in its entirety, and urge you to do all within your power to prevent it from being enshrined in Canadian law."
Is your letter intended to influence the Senate to not pass C-21 in the Senate?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 673

"Dear Senator ______,

Ideally, but even if all it does is make one voter's voice heard, that's better than nothing.

IC B2

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 673

"Dear Senator ______,

Ideally, but even if all it does is make one voter's voice heard, that's better than nothing.
I am also going to write a note to a Senator, good idea, because we know it will pass in the house.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Letter sent to a Senator Cousin, thanks for the idea.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Got this response back (bold font mine):

"Thank you for your email regarding Bill C-21. Your views on this matter have been noted, and we are tracking and reporting the trends on this issue to Senator Tannas.

Sincerely,

Correspondence Coordinator

Office of Senator Scott Tannas"

Seems like it's worth getting everybody you know to fire up an email and influence the trend.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I believe you guys are talking to and sending letters to a fence post. The dye is cast.

Jordan you are a young man, it will take your generation to change this. I feel badly for young people today, you will never experience the freedoms us older people did.

I admire your efforts and wish you best in your efforts, you have your work cut out for you!

Last edited by KillerBee; 11/25/22.

KB

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
ya'll need to never stop fighting for your rights .you are no diff. than us it is a shame that law abiden people are the ones that suffer from laws not the ones that don't

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 44mc
ya'll need to never stop fighting for your rights .you are no diff. than us it is a shame that law abiden people are the ones that suffer from laws not the ones that don't

You guys are next 44mc. If liberals win in 2024, you are done.

KB

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
KillerBee;
Good evening my friend, I hope that despite the morass we find ourselves in here you and yours are at least healthy.

I'm still digging through releases from the CCFR and Runkle of the Bailey to attempt to make heads or tails of this mess.

It might be of interest to note that specifically mentioned firearms on the ban list are Weatherby Mark V and Ruger No. 1 - with no specific conditions attached as to whether it's only the ones which can attain over 10,000 joules of energy or whatever magic number they've come up with or not.

There are 300 pages of firearms specifically named on the list and then a slough of "variants"..

When I said years back "they want them all" I was correct and honestly never in my life have I been so sorry to be.

Anyways, it's a mess and we'll figure out how the best way to fight for this to be overturned, but letters to MPs and Senators are a wonderful start, as are memberships and donations to your favorite firearm rights group.

All the best despite this mess once more.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Hi Dwayne, thanks for making me sick just before I was about to sit down and have diner! lol

WTF is 10,000 joules?

If I had the money I would have left Oh Canada a long time ago! Canada is a Ruined Nation!

Cheers ~ Darren

KB

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Hi Dwayne, had to look up 10,000 joules of energy

Definition:10,000 joules is roughly 7300ish foot pounds. To give you a comparison, rounds like the 5.56 and 7.62x39mm stick around the 1,500 and under foot pounds of energy zone.

KB

KB

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by KillerBee
Hi Dwayne, had to look up 10,000 joules of energy

Definition:10,000 joules is roughly 7300ish foot pounds. To give you a comparison, rounds like the 5.56 and 7.62x39mm stick around the 1,500 and under foot pounds of energy zone.

KB
So they want to ban dangerous game cartridges too?

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

"Thank you for your email regarding Bill C-21. Your views on this matter have been noted, and we are tracking and reporting the trends on this issue to Senator Tannas.

Sincerely,

Seems like it's worth getting everybody you know to fire up an email and influence the trend.
Good work.
I was thinking about this today....You never know when your letter, phone call, is going to wind up on someone's lap who has "the heart of a Lion" which is what it takes to win battles.

I will not comply anyways, what are they going to do, take my guns?

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 673

Sincerely,

Good work.
I was thinking about this today....You never know when your letter, phone call, is going to wind up on someone's lap who has "the heart of a Lion" which is what it takes to win battles.

What are you going to do when they come to your home and ask to see your rifles?

KB

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 673

Sincerely,

Good work.

What are you going to do when they come to your home and ask to see your rifles?
What rifles?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hi Dwayne, thanks for making me sick just before I was about to sit down and have diner! lol

WTF is 10,000 joules?

If I had the money I would have left Oh Canada a long time ago! Canada is a Ruined Nation!

Cheers ~ Darren
I have to admit, Darren, we'd be a lot better off without our noble overlords to the east! Western separation is how we distance ourselves from the sickening corruption of the Laurentian elite.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Steve Redgwell is notably absent in this thread.
LOL

Page 2 of 22 1 2 3 4 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (12344mag, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 55 invisible), 2,310 guests, and 1,199 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,610
Posts18,454,896
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.